Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin (61103 Views)

Nigerian Shot Dead By Ghana Police, As Nigerians Protest In Ghana / 'One Chance' Robbers Busted By Police As One Jumps Into Lagoon With Loot. Photo / Tanzanian Thief Surrenders To Police As Stolen Bag 'Refuses To Leave His Head' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by bakar007: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2019
bakar007:

U re fool the urhobos re in just 8LGA in one state , comparing them to people in 28LGA, existing in 6 state Delta ,bayelsa, Edo ,ondo, akwa ibom, port Harcourt. Guy u re stupid and u know nothing when the time comes u d understand.
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Binikingdowm: 10:29am On Jun 04, 2019
JuanDeDios:

Your thesis doesn't sound very accurate. The Bini are one of the tribes in Edo State, right? Therefore, Biniland is a part of Edo State.
name other tribes in Edo state apart from Benin

1 Like

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Unbiased1: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2019
Simbrixton:
i have an ijaw friend ebiye we were both discriminated in the same company by igbos I genuinely wonder why ijaws support igbos online if south south people joined hands with yorubas we would have broken igbo dominance long ago

lol
Igbo dominance? I laugh in German.
I thought Igbo were Ijaw slaves? Which one now is Igbo dominance? You see that you people are confused.

5 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
cry even the federal government is in support of the Benin.

The local government chairman there is a Benin man same with the house of assembly.

Igbenedion is from there.

Ijaws are just shouting
So what are you people saying? That people should be driven out of their houses for the Bini king to build an estate because the Bini have power? Help me understand.
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
name other tribes in Edo state apart from Benin
Poor child.

1 Like

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2019
This is not right at all... When the tenants decide to take over from the sleeping landlord embarassed

But are why these people always looking for trouble.. They want to start what the can never finish. Una want create kingdom inside kingdom Inside Edo state for that matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by YourNemesis: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2019
bakar007:

U re fool the urhobos re in just 8LGA in one state , comparing them to people in 28LGA, existing in 6 state Delta , bayelsa,Edo ,ondo, akwa ibom, port Harcourt. Guy u re stupid and u know nothing when the time comes u d understand.

Abeg list the 28 LGAs

I’m just curious.

1 Like

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Simbrixton(m): 10:36am On Jun 04, 2019
bakar007:

My broda the relationship between the ijaws and Igbo has more common interest, ijaws feel oppressed and marginalized and same for the Igbos , so we kinda feel the need to support them for justice and equality. I feel if the Yoruba and Igbos get along it ll be good for the southern Nigerian to finally end the northern political dominance.
i like ijaws big time igbo yoruba relationship is a superiority contest but I must admit igbos are ahead

3 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2019
Mcslize:

Exactly. Ijaw people have sophisticated weapons of man destruction and that's because ijaws have money when it comes to money. They have money and some hidden ogas at the top.

Another thing about ijaw is that if you touch one ijaw community, the rest ijaws will join to fight for their brothers.
So you want to deploy RPGs and AAs to fight this one and believe you have a monopoly of violence? Ok.
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Binikingdowm: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2019
JuanDeDios:

So what are you people saying? That people should be driven out of their houses for the Bini king to build an estate because the Bini have power? Help me understand.
who told you they wanted to drive them out? They bought the land with money and wanted to build on it but these people pursue the workers out
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by mysticwarrior(m): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
how can we reclaim what's already ours? The ijaw in that community is less than 10,000 and are completely surrounded by Benin tribes and edoid groups.

I pity una
the ibo wey u smoke this morning never clear comot for your eye, land wey ijaw people pursue una Oba workers and police from na im you still dey call una own?

2 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Simbrixton(m): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2019
Unbiased1:

lol
Igbo dominance? I laugh in German.
I thought Igbo were Ijaw slaves? Which one now is Igbo dominance? You see that you people are confused.
Igbos are powerful oh forget what you read online I suffer for civil service wella (phcn) na noise yoruba dey make online asides tinubu dere are few powerful yoruba men
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Binikingdowm: 10:38am On Jun 04, 2019
JuanDeDios:

Poor child.
I thought you wanted to name Esan, afemai, owan which are all edoid tribes and have Benin origin.

Ijaw are the only tenants here

2 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:38am On Jun 04, 2019
dairykidd:
This is not right at all... When the tenants decide to take over from the sleeping landlord embarassed
When you say tenant, what do you mean? So you now want them to leave their homes for your king to build an estate? Is that how decent human beings should conduct themselves? Help me understand.

1 Like

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by sogodihno: 10:39am On Jun 04, 2019
bakar007:

Yorubas re the worse curse to Nigeria ,like I said killing innocence people living in Ur territory in isolated cases is an act of cowardness , hopefully u know that . No blood will be shared from what am seeing , Benin re just trying to see how ijaws ll respond.

is like u want to be mad? what bring Yoruba into this, u think Yorubas are ur mate abi? all this tribes that can't be found on the map sef! who u be for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
I thought you wanted to name Esan, afemai, owan which are all edoid tribes and have Benin origin.

Ijaw are the only tenants here
How does speaking an edoid language make you a Bini person? Are the Bini and Esan no longer different ethnic groups even though they have a common origin? Urhobo folks speak an Edoid language, does that make them Bini people?
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:44am On Jun 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
who told you they wanted to drive them out? They bought the land with money and wanted to build on it but these people pursue the workers out
But that's not what the story says - it says the Governor allocated the land to the oba. Did the Oba buy the land from the individual/family owners or he just abusing government power?

By law, the governor can take your land without your consent but only under two conditions - that the land is for public use and the governor pays you compensation. Which applies here?
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Binikingdowm: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2019
JuanDeDios:

How does speaking an edoid language make you a Bini person? Are the Bini and Esan no longer different ethnic groups even though they have a common origin? Urhobo folks speak an Edoid language, does that make them Bini people?
you people are sick. Ijaw are only in bayelsa state, that is their ancestral home

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Binikingdowm: 10:48am On Jun 04, 2019
JuanDeDios:

But that's not what the story says - it says the Governor allocated the land to the oba. Did the Oba buy the land from the individual/family owners or he just abusing government power?

By law, the governor can take your land without your consent but only under two conditions - that the land is for public use and the governor pays you compensation. Which applies here?
he's the governor he can do what he wants and they land are Edo people own, ijaw aren't part of Edo people.

Have you ever seen Benin, Esan, urhobo, isoko fight before? No because we are one.

Ijaw are tenants

2 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:48am On Jun 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
you people are sick. Ijaw are only in bayelsa state, that is their ancestral home
And this map proves your argument that the Ijaw are only indigenous to Bayelsa State and anyone that disagrees is sick. Poor child.

3 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by sogodihno: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2019
Simbrixton:
Igbos are powerful oh forget what you read online I suffer for civil service wella (phcn) na noise yoruba dey make online asides tinubu dere are few powerful yoruba men

u are senseless, what do u mean by being powerful? and mention Igbo men that are powerful. all this useless minority tribe sef.

3 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
he's the governor he can do what he wants and they land are Edo people own, ijaw aren't part of Edo people.

Have you ever seen Benin, Esan, urhobo, isoko fight before? No because we are one.

Ijaw are tenants
Ok. Goodluck to you people enjoying the fire you are stoking.
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Binikingdowm: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2019
JuanDeDios:

Ok. Goodluck to you people enjoying the fire you are stoking.
it's ijaw miscreants vs the army. Edo people won't take part in the killings of the miscreants because it will look like genocide

2 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Simbrixton(m): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2019
sogodihno:

u are senseless, what do u mean by being powerful? and mention Igbo men that are powerful. all this useless minority tribe sef.
surprisingly I am yoruba just decided to be honest today our elders in pdp ogunlewe bode George jimi agbaje have almost sold us to slavery under the igbos we need to be honest sometimes

I just watched a video of gani Adams opc forcing yoruba to vote honourable Tony nwulu in Oshodi Isolo consistuency 2 in 2015 the sell out by our elites is very deep

2 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 10:58am On Jun 04, 2019
Binikingdowm:
it's ijaw miscreants vs the army. Edo people won't take part in the killings of the miscreants because it will look like genocide
So you're afraid of fighting. You want the Nigerian Army to do your dirty job - kill Ijaws for you. Ok.

1 Like

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Unbiased1: 10:59am On Jun 04, 2019
sogodihno:

Abeg stop throwing insults like an uncultured fellow.
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 04, 2019
JuanDeDios:

When you say tenant, what do you mean? So you now want them to leave their homes for your kind to build an estate? Is that how decent human beings should conduct themselves? Help me understand.
Well that's not really what i mean... In situations like these there are always compensations of some sort which would be beneficial both ways;

A little history: Gelegele is a historical port of Benin Kingdom that was opened by Oba Eware the Great.THE Portuguese were the first European travelers to visit Benin through Gelegele, which they called Benin, this was during the reign of Oba Eware the great. The Portuguese admitted finding a highly developed kingdom with a very advanced system. This visit and subsequent interchanges led to King John II of Portugal who reigned between 1481 to 1495 exchanging correspondences with the King of Benin on a peer like basis. Between 1504 and 1550 AD, the Portuguese established diplomatic and trade relations with Oba Esigie and his kingdom of Benin

By the 16th century the Oba sent an ambassador to Lisbon and the king of Portugal reciprocated by sending Christian missionaries to teach the Binis the gospel.

Oba Eware II is pushing for the development of Gelegele port The Oba of Benin Kingdom, Omonoba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II, has consistently expressed the desire for a Free Export Trade Zone at Gelegele Community in Ovia North-east Local Government Area of Edo State.

It was towards the tail end of Oba Ewuare’s reign that the Portuguese first made their visit to West Africa in 1472. Oba Ewuare the great died in 1473. At the actuaries on the bank of what is today known as the Bight of Benin. When the Portuguese arrived in the kingdom of Benin through Gelegele, they were stunned by what they found on the ground in terms of level of administrative sophistication, social engineering and military activities. They found a monarchy dating back many centuries, with complex structure of chiefs and palace officials presiding over a kingdom that was expanding in all directions and a highly developed kingdom with unique and very sophisticated political, artistic, linguistic, economic, cultural and military traditions in the process of territorial conquests.

The English made their first call in 1 553. This visit was a harbinger of lucrative business, for significant trade relationship soon developed between England and Benin. The British anthropology writer and curator, Henry Ling Roth, described Bini as Great Benin. Other European visitors to Benin in the 16th and 17th centuries brought back to Europe tales of the Great Benin”, a fabulous city of noble buildings and efficient administrative system.

Benin kingdom was in the throes of great conquests and had healthy, disciplined citizens; well planned and laid out streets, a palace extending over kilometers of territory and a king and his nobles, civilized to their bones. The Portuguese felt honoured to be accepted by the Bini and quickly entered into treaties of cooperation with Oba Ewuare, exchanging emissaries and trying to trade. There is a hint that they tried to preach Christianity to the monarch but were not rewarded with favourable response. It was taboo to talk about alien Gods in a civilization ruled by vibrant African Gods. It was during Oba Ewuare’s reign, however, that an Aruosa (Edo faith) delegation visited Portugal in 1472 as guests of the Portuguese faith, with mutual respect.

At a point somewhere about 60 miles from the sea coast, the Benin River (2) divides itself into two branches. In 1839, Mr. Robert Jamieson (3) of Glasgow, who had considerable trading interests in the Oil Rivers, named the northern branch of the river after himself. In April, 1840, during his exploration of the Benin River, Mr. John Beecroft named the southern branch Ethiope after the name of the 30 horse-power craft used for the voyage. It is on the left bank of the Ethiope River that Sapele is situated. Gelegele, Siluko and other Benin villages are located on the Benin River.

First contact with any European was made by Oba Ewuare the Great{About 1440AD-1473AD} when Ruy De Sequeira visited Benin City in 1472.The Portuguese came via the Atlantic Ocean and they finally landed in Gele Gele Sea Port in Benin Nation.The Gele Gele Sea Port was from then onward used predominantly for their legitimate trade with Benin Nation.It is also record that slaves

(illegitimate trade) were also conveyed from the region via the Gele Gele Sea Port to Europe. Factually the Portuguese and British Government used the Gele Gele Sea Port extensively for more than half a century before the 1897 infamous British punitive expedition. This historic Sea Port site is today part of Benin kingdom historical sites.

The kingdom of Benin dominated trade with Europeans on the Nigerian coast from the late 1400s to the end of the 1900s. When Portuguese traders arrived in Benin in the 1400s they brought brass bracelets, known as manillas, to exchange for pepper, ivory and slaves. The artists of Benin transformed this European brass into plaques to decorate the oba’s palace. When these plaques were first seen in Europe in the late 1890s they astounded art critics who couldn’t believe that such technically accomplished sculptures were created by African artists

There have been many great Obas of Benin. Three of them include EWUARE the GREAT about 1440 A.D who was the first Oba of Benin to come into contact with Europeans and built Gelegele port. He introduced the royal beads and scarlet cloths (ododo) and greatly encouraged Ivory and wood carving in Benin. He invented the wind instrument Eziken like the Fife and the Ema-Edo, the royal band. He introduced coral beads into Benin and since his time the Oba’s palace became the biggest repository of coral beads, ivory and bronze works. He was a renowned magician, physician, traveler and warrior reputed to have travelled over every part of Nigeria, Dahomey, Ghana, Guinea and the Congo. He also made good roads in Benin.

Oba Eware II is pushing for the development of Gelegele port The Oba of Benin Kingdom, Omonoba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II, has consistently expressed the desire for a Free Export Trade Zone at Gelegele Community in Ovia North-east Local Government Area of Edo State.

Oba of Benin, Oba Eware II has done very well to woo foreign businesses to Edo State. It is an imperative that Oba Eware II, has focused almost as vigorously as he pursued investments most especially in Gelegele. It is disheartening therefore to know that this effort does not seem to be meeting generally accepted objectives; and the desired level and types of new foreign investments are not materializing because of some uneducated Ijaw elements in Gelegele.

The development of Gelegele as a port and industrial zone is of high priority to Oba Eware II, Oba of Benin and the Government and people of Edo State, as it will improve the economic competitiveness of our state

But as usual, those ogogoro drinking, sea food gulping, lazy and uneducated miscreants will be hell bent on frustrating the efforts by Oba Eware II and then start playing the victim card like they always do.

4 Likes

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by sogodihno: 11:04am On Jun 04, 2019
Simbrixton:
surprisingly I am yoruba just decided to be honest today our elders in pdp ogunlewe bode George jimi agbaje have almost sold us to slavery under the igbos we need to be honest sometimes

I just watched a video of gani Adams opc forcing yoruba to vote honourable Tony nwulu in Oshodi Isolo consistuency 2 in 2015 the sell out by our elites is very deep

shut ur mouth Jor, powerful people ko, powerless people ni. mention the powerful people in Igbo land or keep shut.
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by sogodihno: 11:04am On Jun 04, 2019
Unbiased1:

Abeg stop throwing insults like an uncultured fellow.
shut ur mouth
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by Simbrixton(m): 11:07am On Jun 04, 2019
sogodihno:

shut ur mouth Jor, powerful people ko, powerless people ni. mention the powerful people in Igbo land or keep shut.
how come pdp keep bringing igbos to contest in lagos, the truth is bitter bro
Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 11:10am On Jun 04, 2019
dairykidd:

Well that's not really what i mean... In situations like these there are always compensations of some sort which would be beneficial both ways;

A little history: Gelegele is a historical port of Benin Kingdom that was opened by Oba Eware the Great.THE Portuguese were the first European travelers to visit Benin through Gelegele, which they called Benin, this was during the reign of Oba Eware the great. The Portuguese admitted finding a highly developed kingdom with a very advanced system. This visit and subsequent interchanges led to King John II of Portugal who reigned between 1481 to 1495 exchanging correspondences with the King of Benin on a peer like basis. Between 1504 and 1550 AD, the Portuguese established diplomatic and trade relations with Oba Esigie and his kingdom of Benin

By the 16th century the Oba sent an ambassador to Lisbon and the king of Portugal reciprocated by sending Christian missionaries to teach the Binis the gospel.

It was towards the tail end of Oba Ewuare’s reign that the Portuguese first made their visit to West Africa in 1472. Oba Ewuare the great died in 1473. At the actuaries on the bank of what is today known as the Bight of Benin. When the Portuguese arrived in the kingdom of Benin through Gelegele, they were stunned by what they found on the ground in terms of level of administrative sophistication, social engineering and military activities. They found a monarchy dating back many centuries, with complex structure of chiefs and palace officials presiding over a kingdom that was expanding in all directions and a highly developed kingdom with unique and very sophisticated political, artistic, linguistic, economic, cultural and military traditions in the process of territorial conquests.

The English made their first call in 1 553. This visit was a harbinger of lucrative business, for significant trade relationship soon developed between England and Benin. The British anthropology writer and curator, Henry Ling Roth, described Bini as Great Benin. Other European visitors to Benin in the 16th and 17th centuries brought back to Europe tales of the Great Benin”, a fabulous city of noble buildings and efficient administrative system.

Benin kingdom was in the throes of great conquests and had healthy, disciplined citizens; well planned and laid out streets, a palace extending over kilometers of territory and a king and his nobles, civilized to their bones. The Portuguese felt honoured to be accepted by the Bini and quickly entered into treaties of cooperation with Oba Ewuare, exchanging emissaries and trying to trade. There is a hint that they tried to preach Christianity to the monarch but were not rewarded with favourable response. It was taboo to talk about alien Gods in a civilization ruled by vibrant African Gods. It was during Oba Ewuare’s reign, however, that an Aruosa (Edo faith) delegation visited Portugal in 1472 as guests of the Portuguese faith, with mutual respect.

At a point somewhere about 60 miles from the sea coast, the Benin River (2) divides itself into two branches. In 1839, Mr. Robert Jamieson (3) of Glasgow, who had considerable trading interests in the Oil Rivers, named the northern branch of the river after himself. In April, 1840, during his exploration of the Benin River, Mr. John Beecroft named the southern branch Ethiope after the name of the 30 horse-power craft used for the voyage. It is on the left bank of the Ethiope River that Sapele is situated. Gelegele, Siluko and other Benin villages are located on the Benin River.

First contact with any European was made by Oba Ewuare the Great{About 1440AD-1473AD} when Ruy De Sequeira visited Benin City in 1472.The Portuguese came via the Atlantic Ocean and they finally landed in Gele Gele Sea Port in Benin Nation.The Gele Gele Sea Port was from then onward used predominantly for their legitimate trade with Benin Nation.It is also record that slaves

(illegitimate trade) were also conveyed from the region via the Gele Gele Sea Port to Europe. Factually the Portuguese and British Government used the Gele Gele Sea Port extensively for more than half a century before the 1897 infamous British punitive expedition. This historic Sea Port site is today part of Benin kingdom historical sites.

The kingdom of Benin dominated trade with Europeans on the Nigerian coast from the late 1400s to the end of the 1900s. When Portuguese traders arrived in Benin in the 1400s they brought brass bracelets, known as manillas, to exchange for pepper, ivory and slaves. The artists of Benin transformed this European brass into plaques to decorate the oba’s palace. When these plaques were first seen in Europe in the late 1890s they astounded art critics who couldn’t believe that such technically accomplished sculptures were created by African artists

There have been many great Obas of Benin. Three of them include EWUARE the GREAT about 1440 A.D who was the first Oba of Benin to come into contact with Europeans and built Gelegele port. He introduced the royal beads and scarlet cloths (ododo) and greatly encouraged Ivory and wood carving in Benin. He invented the wind instrument Eziken like the Fife and the Ema-Edo, the royal band. He introduced coral beads into Benin and since his time the Oba’s palace became the biggest repository of coral beads, ivory and bronze works. He was a renowned magician, physician, traveler and warrior reputed to have travelled over every part of Nigeria, Dahomey, Ghana, Guinea and the Congo. He also made good roads in Benin.

Oba of Benin, Oba Eware II has done very well to woo foreign businesses to Edo State. It is an imperative that Oba Eware II, has focused almost as vigorously as he pursued investments most especially in Gelegele. It is disheartening therefore to know that this effort does not seem to be meeting generally accepted objectives; and the desired level and types of new foreign investments are not materializing because of some uneducated Ijaw elements in Gelegele.

The development of Gelegele as a port and industrial zone is of high priority to Oba Eware II, Oba of Benin and the Government and people of Edo State, as it will improve the economic competitiveness of our state

But as usual, those ogogoro drinking, sea food gulping, lazy and uneducated miscreants will be hell bent on frustrating the efforts by Oba Eware II and then start playing the victim card like they always do.
Developing a port is a matter of key economic importance. It is in the public interest and the law would permit the governor to take anyone's land for the project as long as compensation is paid. All he has to do is explain the good of the project to the community and I'm sure he'd be good to go.

Allocating land for the king to build an estate, however, is another matter. That is not a project for the public and the governor would have no right to forcefully take anyone's land for it. If the oba wants to build an estate anywhere he should approach the individual or family that owns the land to find out if they would sell. If they say no, he'd have to find a willing seller elsewhere.

This is not 1400 - there are laws as the oba the governor know.

1 Like

Re: Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin by sogodihno: 11:11am On Jun 04, 2019
Simbrixton:
how come pdp keep bringing igbos to contest in lagos, the truth is bitter bro

and what effect has that have? the candidates they support always lose, the only constituency they av in lagos state in 2015, they lost it in 2019. Use ur head now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Farooq Kperogi: "This Is Video Of Herdsmen Who Killed Catholic Priests In Benue" / Police Apprehend Suspected Kidnappers Terrorizing Lagos/ibadan Expressway / Offshore Workers Find Love Charm 'Done By Lady And Thrown Into Sea'. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.