Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note (5709 Views)

FG Launches Single Register On Poor, Vulnerable / Fg Launches N50BN 'YouWin' Job Creation Fund / Fg Launches Biometric Registration Of Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by yeswecan(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2010
With all due respect President Goodluck Jonathan seems to be out of touch.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by marcus1234: 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2010
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by labiyemmy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2010
even if they share the money - people will still say they are wasting money- so, what are the priorities in Nigeria? Noone is able to say and outline how to go about it- just using the pages of the internet to vent anger, on who?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
one thing i wish to chip in sha for all critics!!

is it once in 2o years that the CBN prints money? isn't it supposed to be a rolling thing to meet demand? the bad spoilt money, don't they get replaced?

im asking cos i really don't know. , , . . . . . but if in actual fact, the CB does print money intermittently, why are you people lamenting?
is it now that you suddenly realised 1 note costs $5?

as a matter of fact, e be like na cowrie we for dey spend sef, instead of printing money!!!!

im not praising the Govt, am just saying that to my mind all this talk over the notes seems misplaced
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by blinx4real(m): 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2010
krazynaija:

So i'm hungry here and the government is printing shiny money? smh i cry for una country cry

What are we celebrating? I spend minimum of 15k monthly on fuel because theres no light! #LightUpNigeria n all those parades campaigns do NUFFIN! angry
Na wa o! Is it GEJ that will come and give you food, why don't u get on the streets and find something to do!
Too much complaining is a sign of laziness, a sign that you lack the capacity to think and grow rich!
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by fender(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2010
Absolute nonsense!! In how people's pockets can u find the old one? Is it all about printing new naira notes and enriching the rich or improving standard of living of the poor populace. How does this improve the lives of the poor who are wallowing in abject poverty.

Our govt is always having misplaced priorities putting the horse before the cart. Someone needs to sound it a drum in their ears before they hear that's if they'll hear!!
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Engrdan(m): 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
My fellow nairalander,What is going to happen to the old 50 Naira polymer note?
Pls i need respond.
cus these note was just invested.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by joesbuba: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2010
nice one
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by kkkossy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2010
@poster, to what end? just because we are celebrating our failure at 50.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Engrdan(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
keep it up.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Prince22(m): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2010
Good ideas, 50yrs is a GOLDEN AGE, but is there anything shining in Nigeria where ordinary METRO LINE can not function , you go to offices daily on average of 2,3to 4hrs as we are travelling out of the country, we waste the money to take care of our families and ourselves on taking bike in other to meet up with time of office, we can not afford to sleep in our house for 4-5hours except those that have their businesses even those one can not even sleep comfortably. these are because no SECURITY to human life in all parameter in this country

My fellow Nairalanders, until there is total revolution in this country where the so call continuity will not be a permanent avenue for a sole family to be ruling this country totally for as long as they feel they are ok of arrogating the wealth of this country to themselves alone.

Ha haa haaa haaaa!!!!
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Igwe9(m): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
The fact remains that if they do not spend our money in this, they'd surely spend it in another of this ilk. smiley
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by krazynaija(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
blinx4real:

Na wa o! Is it GEJ that will come and give you food, why don't u get on the streets and find something to do!
Too much complaining is a sign of laziness, a sign that you lack the capacity to think and grow rich!

You must be a comedian or from cambodia to believe i complaining gets me 15k i pay on fuel just to sleep with fan on. n i have nuffin doing thats how i got internet access to do d lazy complaints lol
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by eros(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
ok - Failed republic.

Go to war- declare war - or start a revolution. NairaLand is not enough medium to make any effect - noone reads it.

Agreed - but NaiaraLand means nothing to most people - and repeating news from pages of newspapers makes no meaning - if you want effect- become a rebel, like in most countries - raise your voice, become known - but repeating already known issues for merely half baked comments from people doesn't achieve anything also.

I couldn't agree less with you. We talk too much in this country, with no action to back up our words. We wouldn't take up arms either because we love life too much and are afraid to die. So we would rather live in mediocrity and complain rather than take up arms and fight for our future. This is very sad.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by honeric01(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
Nigerians and noise making, nothing is ever good, lol, haba, wetin this people go ever like?

if you give them train, them go say na old and outdated one, if u build road for them, dem go say na substandard materials u use, how many of una fit feed your neighbor for even 1 week without complaining?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Nizoral(f): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
for wetin am tired of seeing new money every day oh
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by honeric01(m): 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^

Then you can as well settle for the old ones. tongue
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by alkanes1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2010
This is a good one from the central bank.They should have circulated the money some months before the independence
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2010
honeric01:

Nigerians and noise making, nothing is ever good, lol,  haba, wetin this people go ever like?

if you give them train, them go say na old and outdated one, if u build road for them, dem go say na substandard materials u use, how many of una fit feed your neighbor for even 1 week without complaining?

The problem with Nigerians is that they don't make enough noise. They are too docile, they allow people who should be in jail to lead them. They allow themselves to live in subhuman conditions when there are no reasons for such.

And you still have the guts to call them noisemakers?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by honeric01(m): 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
Aigbofa:

The problem with Nigerians is that they don't make enough noise. They are too docile, they allow people who should be in jail to lead them. They allow themselves to live in subhuman conditions when there are no reasons for such.

And you still have the guts to call them noisemakers?

OK, with all the noises, what has it achieved? go out and act, not sit at home nagging on the internet and everywhere.

if you like, make noise from now till 2080, if you don't act, nothing is going to happen, you know how it is when you are used to a particular noise? you end up adapting to it, the politicians have adapted to the normal ranting from MOST Nigerians, so they don't care about the noises again.

So why should i not have the guts to call you and the rest noisemakers? undecided
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by ajileko: 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2010
Why is printing a new 50 naira bill a top priority. Of all things that can be done with our resources, printing a new 50 naira bill should be last on the list.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by TewMuch: 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
Another useless waste of money. What a shame. Na wa men, these people don tire me. It seems Nigerians love suffering.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Mehiedu(m): 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2010
Instead of these leaders to look 4 lasting solution to kidnapping in the country,they are busy re desining already existing money.na dem sa bi.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
honeric01:

OK, with all the noises, what has it achieved? go out and act, not sit at home nagging on the internet and everywhere.

if you like, make noise from now till 2080, if you don't act, nothing is going to happen, you know how it is when you are used to a particular noise? you end up adapting to it, the politicians have adapted to the normal ranting from MOST Nigerians, so they don't care about the noises again.

So why should i not have the guts to call you and the rest noisemakers? undecided

What you are asking for is worst than noisemaking. You are asking they shouldn't complain so much in the face of so much injustice.

Nigeria is supposed to be a democracy, it is the right of every citizen to complain about anything and everything they wish to complain about.

honeric01:

So, the alternative is to keep mum and resign yourself to fate.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by honeric01(m): 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2010
Aigbofa:

What you are asking for is worst than noisemaking. You are asking they shouldn't complain so much in the face of so much injustice.

Nigeria is supposed to be a democracy, it is the right of every citizen to complain about anything and everything they wish to complain about.

So, the alternative is to keep mum and resign yourself to fate.

Is this all you could deduct from my post? you failed to see the ACT part right? , what a pity!!!

can't continue with fruitless argument, you already saw the alternative i suggested, so i won't waste my time re-typing.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by oladayo042: 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
Nice one but not needed. It will only remind me of the profligacy for the anniversary.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
honeric01:

Is this all you could deduct from my post? you failed to see the ACT part right? , what a pity!!!

can't continue with fruitless argument, you already saw the alternative i suggested, so i won't waste my time re-typing.

Nonsense, that was an afterthought. Your original post was Nigerians shouldn't complain too much.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by honeric01(m): 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^^

You surely do not know what else to say again, why not quit? must you type even when you do not have any reason to?
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by naturaltee(f): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2010
This is a waste of Money, I understand we need to celebrate Nigeria @ 50, But we can do it in many ways, i.e we could design new Postal Stamps,

not only dat. i think d money wud ve bin invested in good rail system to combat d prob of bad roads induced accidents dat have claimed d lives of thousands of nigeria and also to build good healthcar system or reorganise the health sector so dat our docs will stop goin on strike n nigerians will stop makin india deir second home
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by opabukun(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2010
naturaltee:

This is a waste of Money, I understand we need to celebrate Nigeria @ 50, But we can do it in many ways, i.e we could design new Postal Stamps,

not only dat.[b] i think d money wud ve bin invested in good rail system to combat d prob of bad roads [/b]induced accidents dat have claimed d lives of thousands of nigeria and also to build good healthcar system or reorganise the health sector so dat our docs will stop goin on strike n nigerians will stop makin india deir second home

Is it that they are not 'spending' money? nope, its about percentage by percentage cut that reduced or totally eliminate the budgeted money so that if N10 is meant to be spent on a project, with the above cankerworm, N1 or less will eventually go into it.
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by JUO(m): 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2010
nice but still in politics
Re: FG Launches N50 Commemorative Note by mamagee3(f): 11:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
The 50 naira looks good but seriously why do they keep changing the notes?

Since it doesn't make much difference in their value or anything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is A Usa Warship Doing In Nigeria At This Crucial Time? / Dora Akunyili & Gov. Peter Obi Are Hypocrites– Dr. Chris Ngige / Can We Give Buhari A Try?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.