Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m (22857 Views)

UK Govt Recovers More Abacha Loot Worth $23.4m / P&ID Scandal: British Court Judgement Shows Malami Lied Against Magu / British court orders Irish firm to seize $9b Nigeria’s foreign reserves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by BafanaBafana: 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
Lovelive:

So upon all d replies, na dis one u want to defend.
Kpokpo gari, b ashamed of yourself and pray for better Nigeria.
Nigeria is getting better. You should pray for sense and for the ability to reason like someone who has been to school
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by DeeMain(m): 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
BafanaBafana:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday lauded a former Nigerian military dictator, Sani Abacha.
Mr Buhari, who served under the late Mr Abacha as head of the Petroleum Trust Fund, (PTF), said the late dictator contributed to the infrastructural development of the nation.
This is not the first time Mr Buhari will be defending his late boss. He once expressed doubt about confirmed cases of theft of public resources by Mr Abacha.
Hundreds of millions of dollars stolen by Mr Abacha and kept in foreign accounts have since been recovered by various Nigerian governments. Recently, Mr Buhari narrated what his government would do with the recently recovered stolen Abacha funds.
Mr Abacha ruled Nigeria as military head of state between 1993 and 1998 when he died in office.
His regime was characterised by abuse of power, wanton corruption, victimisation of pro-democracy activists and killings of notable figures in democratic struggles, ostensibly by agents of the state.
But speaking when he received a delegation of Buhari Support Organisation (BSO) at the Presidential Villa on Tuesday, Mr Buhari said the late Mr Abacha built roads, hospitals and other notable developmental projects when he served as head of state.
The president told the group of supporters that when he assumed office, most of the roads in Nigeria were in terrible condition, adding “some of them were not repaired since PTF days.”
PTF is the Petroleum Trust Fund set up by late Mr Abacha in 1994 to utilise the proceeds of a petrol price increase.
Mr Buhari headed the PTF, which was reputed to have constructed many road projects across the country ironically while the military dictator stole Nigeria blind.
Mr Buhari, who has been criticised for looking the other way while Mr Abacha stole billions of dollars from public treasury while in office, again justified his working with the dictator.
“No matter what opinion you have about Abacha, I agreed to work with him and the roads we did from PTF exist from here to Port Harcourt, to Onitsha, to Benin and so on.”
He said the agency also intervened in education and medical care among others.
Mr Buhari also said the railway in Nigeria “was killed” by one of Nigeria’s former rulers.
The president also took a shot at former President Olusegun Obasanjo, saying the $16 billion the ex-president allegedly spent on power projects was questionable.
He said, “…one of the former Heads of State between that time was bragging that he spent more than 16 billion American dollars, not Naira, on power. Where is the power? Where is the power? And now we have to pay the debts,” in apparent reference to Mr Obasanjo.
Mr Obasanjo has since replied the president, accusing him of being ignorant of the issues surrounding the controversial spending on the power projects.

That is the news from the link you provided, where in it did Buhari say Abacha never stole. and you have searched google and couldn't come up with anything which other google are you referring me to? If you can't show evidence Buhari said so just shut the hell up

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://allafrica.com/stories/200806090008.html&ved=2ahUKEwjS9bu-rNDiAhWkSxUIHaWJD50QFjACegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0Q4vbzrcJ8VVIDPeO-9nJ8
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by mozes01(m): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
The only thing our youths are good at is to complain on social media. Make una no vote, una go run go vote becos of 5k. Protest una no fit ...yeye
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by BafanaBafana: 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Frankiss44:

Stop swimming in ignorance.. It was all over the news as at then.. I even watched a clip of it during the build up to the general elections in 2011.. As a person, we all have weakness and one of buharis weakness is the personal love he has for Abacha in case you don't know..

With all the money being received by his government and even the ones before him, have u seen buhari make any serious statement concerning the loot?

That you love someone doesn't mean u have to keep defending him blindly despite the ugly truth staring at you.. So all the news paper in the country just decided to put up lies in about a man making a statement?

Here is another from the Guardian.. Possibly written by another IPOB I guess

https://guardian.ng/news/buhari-confirms-loot-10-years-after-defending-thieving-abacha/amp/
I said show a news source that was all. Now this one you have presented is the only one that looks like news. The thing is this, 101 things have been said about Buhari by your kind which have all been false. Only fools and mischief makers will believe anything said about him now without verification. And please don't advice me because you don't pay my bills.
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by omohlexy: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
Thieves! They want a share from the money. This is the second time oyinbo is stealing from us. First they came to my Home Benin to steal artifacts now our polithiefcians took our money to them and they stole it again.Ogun! Please visit oyimbo. Iseeeeee!
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by Hienna(m): 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2019
Former Military leaders are one of those who reck d country down.. They all are goddamn rich... No accout on Money they Collect its just a decree..
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
LibertyRep:
It is most certain that the money Abacha allegedly stole and laundered must have been from the crude oil sale and deals.
If this position is true, how do we conveniently divorce Abacha's theft from his petroleum minister?
To think that their voices are the loudest when it comes to not saving for the rainy day undecided
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by mightyhaze: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2019
LibertyRep:
It is most certain that the money Abacha allegedly stole and laundered must have been from the crude oil sale and deals.
If this position is true, how do we conveniently divorce Abacha's theft from his petroleum minister?
My friend ,you are endowed upstairs
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by Frankiss44(m): 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
BafanaBafana:

I said show a news source that was all. Now this one you have presented is the only one that looks like news. The thing is this, 101 things have been said about Buhari by your kind which have all been false. Only fools and mischief makers will believe anything said about him now without verification. And please don't advice me because you don't pay my bills.

Coming from the same person that tried to advice me initially.. So which of my bills do you pay?

And only a fool and mischief maker will think that only people that pay their bills are entitled to advice them.. Have a nice day son..

At least you agreed that this second one looks like news.. Next time to come online to display gross ignorance and arrogance, not everybody here says what they ain't sure of
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by Jadeng: 1:08am On Jun 05, 2019
Please, what does EFCC and ICPC do with all the funds and property seized in Nigeria ?
Just asking...

1 Like

Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by NigeriaIsDoomed: 1:25am On Jun 05, 2019
Lord Lugard o........
See wetin u cuz o...awa oyel money buhari's paddy steal go abroad naim oyibo dey take build their infrastructure.
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by ddeola: 2:04am On Jun 05, 2019
Forget story, even Abacha has become an hero because he no steal like these demons wey dey there now. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Their stealing don wear agbada on top of senior dansiki. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Awon ole jatijati buruku angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by EagleNest(m): 3:41am On Jun 05, 2019
The greediness of African leaders is worth researching because it is beyond normal.
Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by briggson07(m): 5:01am On Jun 05, 2019
Does this mean abacha rpe this old woman Nigeria in her youth
It's clear sherr....no wonder she no fit recover from the trauma.

Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by BafanaBafana: 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
Frankiss44:

Coming from the same person that tried to advice me initially.. So which of my bills do you pay?

And only a fool and mischief maker will think that only people that pay their bills are entitled to advice them.. Have a nice day son..

At least you agreed that this second one looks like news.. Next time to come online to display gross ignorance and arrogance, not everybody here says what they ain't sure of
cho cho cho cho
I only take advice from smart people and people that pay my bills. You don't fall into any category so fade!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m by Frankiss44(m): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2019
BafanaBafana:

cho cho cho cho
I only take advice from smart people and people that pay my bills. You don't fall into any category so fade!!

Have had enough of you son.. I don't debate with idiots for more than 24 hours.. Not especially when the topic is no longer on the front page

So fade off son...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot / Journalists Barred As APC Screens Tinubu, Amaechi, Others / Wike Turned ‘As E Dey Pain Dem’ Song To Rivers Anthem On Independence Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.