Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

A Poor Widow Receives Financial Assistance That Changed Her Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Poor Widow Receives Financial Assistance That Changed Her Life (157 Views)

The Gift I Received That Changed My Life Forever / The Best Decision I Took That Changed My Life Forever / Hope Restored,a Poor Widow Receives N25,000 To Resuscitate Her Smoked Fish Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Poor Widow Receives Financial Assistance That Changed Her Life by VOICEOFDIVINE: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2019
The Widows Empowerment Outreach in Benin City during the Last Christmas and New Year Celebration (2018)

“God has sent His ‘angels’ to visit me”, A poor widow, Mrs Josephine Okeke, exclaimed in tears as she received ₦20,000 to enable her to start a petty smoked-fish business.

Mrs. Josephine Okeke who hails from Ekpoma, Esan-West LGA, of Edo State lost her husband to kidney disease. The man was a machine operator in a printing firm until death separated him from his lovely wife and 3 children. Since then, life has been difficult for Mrs. Okeke and her kids. To put food on the table for the kids, she moves from house to house to wash clothes for people, who at the end of the day pay her very little for her services, and if she is lucky, some would give her food to eat.

When the Voice of Divine Truth International Outreach Team accompanied by our sister organization, Pick a Child Africa, visited the widow where she lives around Medical Road area of Benin City, we observed that the family live in a very deplorable condition: the one-room apartment they live in was in a state of squalor, the widow and the children looked hungry and sickly. It appeared they had not eaten for many days. It was obvious they had no hope to celebrate the Christmas. Their pathetic condition moved us to tears. She also owed the rent for her apartment, and the pressure from the landlord further exacerbated her plight.

So when the sum of ₦20,000 was presented to her to enable her to start a petty business, she could not hide her excitement, as tears of Joy flowed freely from her eyes. The team also promised to pay the sum of ₦36,000 for her 1-year house rent.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

Our target is to empower 1000 Widows with free cash grants, to enable them to start or boost their petty businesses. The goal of this project is to economically empower poor widows to improve their livelihood and be able to cater for their families.

Please note that the videos and pictures of all our charitable activities are not intended to ‘impress or show off’ to anybody, rather it is our practical way of teaching humanity how to love one another.

We are showing you this video of one of our widows’ empowerment activities
1. To create awareness for the plight of hapless widows globally, who are traumatized, oppressed, impoverished and abandoned by government, religious organizations and the society.
2. To practically teach you, that service to humanity is the only true ‘religion’ that God recognizes (James 1:27), and that the religion you practice is meaningless before God if you fail to help the poor and the needy around you.
3. To inspire you to join this campaign to lift poor widows and their families out of poverty. Look around you, there are poor widows struggling for survival. Emulate us by supporting them with ₦20,000 to boost their petty businesses (Look for poor widows in your locality and give them the money DIRECTLY).
4. To inspire religious organizations (especially the church, my constituency), to begin to promote the cause of love and our shared humanity, over and above religious rituals and dogmas.

If you wish to know more about us and how you can join or support this campaign, please kindly call or WhatsApp: +2348084701414 or +2348087656176.

You can also visit: www.vocinternational.com, www.azemoborgregory.com, follow us on Instagram: @gazemobor, @voiceofdivinetruth.

Let me sincerely appreciate the team of Pick a Child Africa, led by Mr Bright Nnaeto, Hope and Angel. They connected us to the poor family. They were also present to visit the widow. Pick a Child Africa is providing educational sponsorship for one of Mrs Okeke’s kids. Well done my fellow apostles, God bless you richly.

Re: A Poor Widow Receives Financial Assistance That Changed Her Life by Favor99(m): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2019
VOICEOFDIVINE:
The Widows Empowerment Outreach in Benin City during the Last Christmas and New Year Celebration (2018)

“God has sent His ‘angels’ to visit me”, A poor widow, Mrs Josephine Okeke, exclaimed in tears as she received ₦20,000 to enable her to start a petty smoked-fish business.

Mrs. Josephine Okeke who hails from Ekpoma, Esan-West LGA, of Edo State lost her husband to kidney disease. The man was a machine operator in a printing firm until death separated him from his lovely wife and 3 children. Since then, life has been difficult for Mrs. Okeke and her kids. To put food on the table for the kids, she moves from house to house to wash clothes for people, who at the end of the day pay her very little for her services, and if she is lucky, some would give her food to eat.

When the Voice of Divine Truth International Outreach Team accompanied by our sister organization, Pick a Child Africa, visited the widow where she lives around Medical Road area of Benin City, we observed that the family live in a very deplorable condition: the one-room apartment they live in was in a state of squalor, the widow and the children looked hungry and sickly. It appeared they had not eaten for many days. It was obvious they had no hope to celebrate the Christmas. Their pathetic condition moved us to tears. She also owed the rent for her apartment, and the pressure from the landlord further exacerbated her plight.

So when the sum of ₦20,000 was presented to her to enable her to start a petty business, she could not hide her excitement, as tears of Joy flowed freely from her eyes. The team also promised to pay the sum of ₦36,000 for her 1-year house rent.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

Our target is to empower 1000 Widows with free cash grants, to enable them to start or boost their petty businesses. The goal of this project is to economically empower poor widows to improve their livelihood and be able to cater for their families.

Please note that the videos and pictures of all our charitable activities are not intended to ‘impress or show off’ to anybody, rather it is our practical way of teaching humanity how to love one another.

We are showing you this video of one of our widows’ empowerment activities
1. To create awareness for the plight of hapless widows globally, who are traumatized, oppressed, impoverished and abandoned by government, religious organizations and the society.
2. To practically teach you, that service to humanity is the only true ‘religion’ that God recognizes (James 1:27), and that the religion you practice is meaningless before God if you fail to help the poor and the needy around you.
3. To inspire you to join this campaign to lift poor widows and their families out of poverty. Look around you, there are poor widows struggling for survival. Emulate us by supporting them with ₦20,000 to boost their petty businesses (Look for poor widows in your locality and give them the money DIRECTLY).
4. To inspire religious organizations (especially the church, my constituency), to begin to promote the cause of love and our shared humanity, over and above religious rituals and dogmas.

If you wish to know more about us and how you can join or support this campaign, please kindly call or WhatsApp: +2348084701414 or +2348087656176.

You can also visit: www.vocinternational.com, www.azemoborgregory.com, follow us on Instagram: @gazemobor, @voiceofdivinetruth.

Let me sincerely appreciate the team of Pick a Child Africa, led by Mr Bright Nnaeto, Hope and Angel. They connected us to the poor family. They were also present to visit the widow. Pick a Child Africa is providing educational sponsorship for one of Mrs Okeke’s kids. Well done my fellow apostles, God bless you richly.
This post is condescending, you spoke in civil and spoke normally in your article with the Igbo and Yoruba widows, but your two articles with the Edos show your tribalism or whatever cunning agendas you all have. Tribalism is all over this

People like you fuel the hate and problems in this country

(1) (Reply)

Test Of English Proficiency Made Easy (TOEFL GRE PTE..) / It Is Time For You!!! / Sold Out To Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.