Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols (608 Views)

Idols – What Are They? / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEijhgVz_GM

Beloved If you are from Africa or Asia community where idols are been worshiped pls watch this
Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by TrajansKong: 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
How can any 'believer in Christ' walk around in constant fear of 'demons'??
Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2019
The best way to have approached some of the weighty declarations you made in this your submission would have been to cite instances. An example of one such submission needing an instance is your Alignment with the school of thought that says the name Christian mentioned in this Acts 11:26 was derogatory with your reason for that being the people of Antioch were famous for giving out nicknames. The Bible says in the mouth of two or three is a thing confirmed so provide examples of their previous exploit in this business of nickname generation.

To the name proper , I do not know how you came to the conclusion that the name Christian, used to distinguish or identify the believers in Christ including the Apostles here was derisive and a product of the prowess of the people of Antioch in inventing nicknames. Names known to have been given to some Christian sect as a result of their extreme or seemingly extreme proclivity for certain aspect of the scripture includes puritan, Methodist and in today's Christendom, prosperity church.

Judging from the very chapter , there is no indication that the name came out of the mouth of a comedian of Antioch origin unless you can off course, point out a verse in that chapter that gave this your indication. I will help with the chapter here:

The first part of the chapter was Peter accounting for his actions. The second part that has to do with the name is reproduced here as extract so you can point out where you got the idea from.

"Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only." (AV, Acts 11:19).........This is Inquisition in the scripture even before Rome and Constantine came into the scene.

"And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, [ Not just the original 12 anymore because the company of believers had grown very large amongst the Jews and outside them] which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto [17] the Grecians, [18] preaching the Lord Jesus." (AV, Acts 11:20)

"And [20] the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and [19] turned unto the Lord." (AV, Acts 11:21)..... The hand of the lord was evident in their midst therefore a GREAT NUMBER believed the evidence before ethem

"Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth [21] Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch." (AV, Acts 11:22).... More hand was sent from headquarters to help in Antioch

"Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and [23] exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would [22] cleave unto the Lord." (AV, Acts 11:23)..... He didn't notice derision but saw the grace of God to remain faithful to the faith

"For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: [24] and much people was added unto the Lord." (AV, Acts 11:24).... More people were added ...not jokers or comedians but people of Antioch

"Then departed Barnabas to [25] Tarsus, for to seek Saul:" (AV, Acts 11:25).... No ugly untoward incident before his departure

"And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." (AV, Acts 11:26)..... A whole year they taught MUCH people about Christ not how to be a comedian or joker per excellent but good Christian. Then they were called Christians first here in Antioch … Take note that they taught not the doctrine of man but Christ for a whole year under than hand of the Mighty Holy Spirit… Then the learned , those who have been under tutelage have them a name , Christian . Certainly if we are to believe the works of Peter in the first part of this chapter where as yet he taught the spirit fell upon all them that heard , we can draw similar conclusion that the name came from the student under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and not a comedy thing. You can't be under discipleship for a year and not come under the disciple lifestyle. They taught and impartation followed and the next things was the spirit inspired outburst, Christians!

There is no elements of joke in the name. Nothing dishonouring about it. Nothing controversial about it like prosperity CHURCH and all the misinformation out there against them. Christin , doing the Christ way. Through uncommon wisdom, practical demonstration of the power of the world to come … What is derisive about that?

As imperfect as Buhari is, to be called a Buharideen in the right circle like in the villa, government houses across Nigeria and the media like NTA carries weight not dishonour. “To be the professed friends of the Messiah, or the Christ, was not with Jews a matter of reproach, for they all professed to be the friends of the Messiah” . Reproach is when you called them followers of a sectional like like Jesus of Nazareth like , sorry, calling a knowledgeable Tinubu loyalist a follower of the leader of APC in Lagos state or southwest and not Nigeria. It is derogatory.

"And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?" (AV, Acts 2:7)

"[4]For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:" (AV, Acts 24:5)

You don't a derogatory name from believers who have harboured you and listened to you for a whole year. . It always comes from outsiders like the one condemning prosperity churches without ever entering any to find out what they actually preach.

Will continue with the other parts of your work later. I am at home and my boy is not letting me have any rest today .

NB: this is for Ubenedictus and 9inches. An angel could not save a soul even though soul winning is the core of the great commission. He had to instruct the man to send for Peter .. he didn't try to do the works of human being and your church believe that a being that can't save can intercede for other issues of life ... Crazy bunch of lunatics.
Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
TrajansKong:
How can any 'believer in Christ' walk around in constant fear of 'demons'??

As believers we have an eternal promise from God the father and since God promises are yea and in it is amen, we are not to work on earth in fear of demons.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

however the same promise of God (the bible) warns us to be vigilant because our adversaries the devil is as a roaring lion seeking whom to devour. that statement was made for the believers in christ Jesus, so that they can be conscious of the operations of (devil and demons) darkness.
any where you perceived the work of sin, temptations to sin, beloved demons are there. you either submit to him or rejects his offers to sin and rebuked them.
as regards the message above. there is a stage you will get to in the Christian faith that will necessitate you to understand what is happening or has happened in yoir community in the past which may have brought some evil consiquences into your community or life.
CAN A CHRISTIAN BE ATTACKED BY DEMONS ?
Yes
1. if the Christian or believers commit sin and refuse to confess them.
2. if the believers has a bad ancestral foundation. Psalms 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
this includes the foundation of your community. i.e idolatry, slavery practice in the past. ritual and all sort of evil practises by ones community or ancestors.
if you are Christian and you want to fulfil your destiny in an idolatry dedicated community you should be ready to fight or pray against the already invited demons in your community
3. if a one time believer baskslides and so on.

demons are on earth because we can see there activities arround us in aboundant this days. but we arr not to fear them. but absolutely relied on the revelations and the directives of the Holy spirit to pass our sojourn on this earth so as not to be a captive of them but a triumphant Christian fully ready for eternity
with God either in rapture or in death.
Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by TrajansKong: 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2019
kapi1:

As believers we have an eternal promise from God the father and since God promises are yea and in it is amen, we are not to work on earth in fear of demons.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Please.

Who created these 'demons'?
Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by 9inches(m): 4:18am On Jun 05, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
NB: this is for Ubenedictus and 9inches. An angel could not save a soul even though soul winning is the core of the great commission. He had to instruct the man to send for Peter .. he didn't try to do the works of human being and your church believe that a being that can't save can intercede for other issues of life ... Crazy bunch of lunatics.
Intercession is not salvation. When you pray for your brethren, you're not saving him because you're not God. I would like you to be quoting directly from catholic materials/sources/texts when you say what catholics believe or teach.

1 Like

Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:03am On Jun 05, 2019
9inches:
Intercession is not salvation. When you pray for your brethren, you're not saving him because you're not God. I would like you to be quoting directly from catholic materials/sources/texts when say what catholics believe or teach.

There you go again. Salvation actually starts with intercession. You first pray them in... Jesus said to pray the father to send in the sickle.

Before every leg work of salvation,, prayer must proceed and lead the whole process if it must succeed and Jesus said to oray to the father not Mary or her many PA s you guys refer some of your prayers to like... Angel mike pray for us
Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

if you plan to improperly lean on to those 3 verses, Act 11:26, Act 26:28 and especially 1 Peter 4:16 as acceptance or validation

Peter telling not to be ashamed, if you suffer as a Christian, isnt calling you a christian nor saying you are a christian. All Peter said, is peradventure, if it so happens, you are treated as a Christian, then dont be ashamed that you've been, but instead, glorify God for getting treated that way

1 Peter 4

"Yet if any man suffer as a CHRISTIAN, let him not be ashamed; [16] but let him glorify God on this BEHALF." (AV, 1 Peter 4:16)

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it FIRST BEGIN AT US, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (AV, 1 Peter 4:17)

I just hope this need no further clarification with the capitalized.. …… begin at us being called this name , christian ….. Not just at the house but at us called this name Christian...used to distinguished them from other sects within the house of God like Pharisees and Sadducees. .....The , AND .... Gives the idea of different sect with the house of God . Generally judgement for the house of God but special own for those called or identified as Christian ....doing things like Jesus Christ.....that is what is here ...

There is an easy to read version of the Bible ...get it

I will continue with the other parts of your work if they have biblical input but if it is about history please forget it ... My reason is well documented in this same thread. ... Hope you have read behind page 6 by now

9inches:
Intercession is not salvation. When you pray for your brethren, you're not saving him because you're not God. I would like you to be quoting directly from catholic materials/sources/texts when say what catholics believe or teach.
Re: Glory Robbers 3: Demons Attached To Communities Idols by Ubenedictus(m): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2019
9inches:
why is he mentioning me in every thread?

(1) (Reply)

Eating In Dream - Solution / A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" / Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.