Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,391 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" (606 Views)

TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them / Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me" / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2019
I woke up one morning several years back to find out that several house hold items, mostly electrical appliances, I had kept in a certain place had been stolen.

Upon discovering that, I prayed to God to help me to recover them, and immediately began my search to see if I could track the thieves, so that they don't go too far beyond where I could be able to recover those items.

Although it was very frustrating initially, as nothing came out of my search efforts, after a while I was able to establish a lead, and that was what eventually led me to a cultists den.

And the display of the cultists was quite dramatic, as a guy among them who was carrying a slight injury on his arm, he appeared to have gotten from a recent fight, was being hailed and called No 2 by his fellow cultists.

And the way they moved(about five of them), every one there followed his lead, for no one was allowed to be ahead of him. And I got to know that it was deliberate when I was stopped right in my tracks before I could get ahead of him as we walked.

And the so-called No. 2 guy, the one with injury was like, "when blood don flow..." I can't remember the exact words of the remaining part of that saying, but it meant the matter has become very delicate or serious. He was actually the one in custody of the items as I got to discover.

However despite all the drama and threatenings, they didn't even touch me but actually treated me very well. And the said No. 2 then explained to me that they actually recovered those items from the real thieves who were even armed.

But to my surprise, they just asked me how much I was going to give them for security and a few other things before i got back all those items in their custody?

And I agreed with them that they deserved some reward for their efforts, because apart from the fact that the amount I would give them will be negligible compared to the worth of the items, they could have lost their lives or gotten injured in the process of retrieving those items from the thieves.

So they had obviously done a good job for me and I was appreciative of their efforts, and the so-called No. 2 was pleased with the way I was understanding with them.

It was after I had gotten those things back that I was able to realize what was actually going on, and why they were very careful with me and had even allowed me to give them money on my own terms, because the No. 2 later told me that God had instructed him not to play with me.

And he asked me, "did I play with you? Did I play with you?" And I said, "No"!

But he yet appeared confounded by how everything panned out and the way I was able to track the items to him. And he just shook his head and said, "you are a man of God! You are a man of God!"

And I was both surprised and not surprised at the same time, because I knew he was right about the "man of God" part, so no surprises there. But what surprised me was that God had told him that, and how he was able to know that it was God who had said that to him.

As I was about to leave with the items, the guy kept looking at me with such astonishment, and said to me, "if not because of God, I wouldn't have just released those things to you. Me, just let go of those things I recovered just like that, No that's not me." As if he couldn't even believe himself, that he was letting me go that easily with those items.

And I was able to attest to that saying of his, as I had personally witnessed the way he had treated someone else, on whose behalf I was compelled to intervene to the fury of his fellow cultists who were mad at me for interrupting their No. 2. So it was obviously God who had intervened on my behalf and helped me recovered all the stolen items as I had asked Him to, without being subjected to similar treatment.

Therefore I was really grateful to God for answering my prayers, and also proving that He was not just the God of Abraham, Elijah, and Peter, but also my God.

God bless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by SmellingAnus(m): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2019
Nice Testimony

1 Like

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by hisgrace090: 8:25am On Sep 07, 2019
To our God be the glory through Jesus our lord, Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by etrange: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2019
Nice write up.

A few observations. You commenced in a way that suggested you had only met the said No. 2 after your items were stolen. But towards the end, you revealed you had had an encounter with him prior to then (when you attempted to intervene in the matter of a guy who was under his grasp). That bit got me confused.

Then you seem to be very comfortable with these guys. One is likely to believe they are people you see very often within your vicinity and with whom you exchange greetings. If that is the case, No. 2 could have called you "Man of God" based on what he knows or hears about you within the vicinity as well. He started with "when blood don flow...." which you'll agree with me is a mumbo jumbo expression, now what makes you think "God told me..." is not another mumbo jumbo?

Finally, you didn't have to write all that to justify paying cultists for their services (during which they might have killed a human being as the expression "when blood don flow..." implies). But I understand why you were impelled to give reasons for doing that. You and I know that that payment undermines the intervention of God. A group of bandits took your stuff and requested for money in exchange, you paid and got them back; nothing so godly or miraculous, right? So you had to give reasons to beat down the payment part. I get it.

My point is, it could be argued that the cultist stole those items from the thieves but decided not to do away with it because they knew you as a calm/cool/gentle/nice "man of God" who lives within the area. They saw no reason to hurt you as you're not a trouble maker and already had a soft spot in their hearts (funny but true, agberos always have that guy they'd rather not hurt). So they decided to get a little money from you instead. At least, for their time. The question is, what would have happened if you'd refused to pay?

I'm not trying to water down your testimony in any way, brother. I'm just offering alternative perspectives. And I believe my version is still a testimony but more practical and less dramatic. After all, regardless of how it went down, it'd still be God, right?

Glad you're fine.

1 Like

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2019
SmellingAnus:
Nice Testimony
Thanks bro, I appreciate.

Been quite a while.

Hope you're good though.

There's nothing like that moment when God goes from being not just the God of someone else to someone but one's God.

To God be the glory, great things He had done.
Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 07, 2019
etrange:
Nice write up.

A few observations. You commenced in a way that suggested you had only met the said No. 2 after your items were stolen. But towards the end, you revealed you had had an encounter with him prior to then (when you attempted to intervene in the matter of a guy who was under his grasp). That bit got me confused.

Then you seem to be very comfortable with these guys. One is likely to believe they are people you see very often within your vicinity and with whom you exchange greetings. If that is the case, No. 2 could have called you "Man of God" based on what he knows or hears about you within the vicinity as well. He started with "when blood don flow...." which you'll agree with me is a mumbo jumbo expression, now what makes you think "God told me..." is not another mumbo jumbo?

Finally, you didn't have to write all that to justify paying cultists for their services (during which they might have killed a human being as the expression "when blood don flow..." implies). But I understand why you were impelled to give reasons for doing that. You and I know that that payment undermines the intervention of God. A group of bandits took your stuff and requested for money in exchange, you paid and got them back; nothing so godly or miraculous, right? So you had to give reasons to beat down the payment part. I get it.

My point is, it could be argued that the cultist stole those items from the thieves but decided not to do away with it because they knew you as a calm/cool/gentle/nice "man of God" who lives within the area. They saw no reason to hurt you as you're not a trouble maker and already had a soft spot in their hearts (funny but true, agberos always have that guy they'd rather not hurt). So they decided to get a little money from you instead. At least, for their time. The question is, what would have happened if you'd refused to pay?

I'm not trying to water down your testimony in any way, brother. I'm just offering alternative perspectives. And I believe my version is still a testimony but more practical and less dramatic. After all, regardless of how it went down, it'd still be God, right?

Glad you're fine.
I sense some preconception and ulterior motive in your comments, subtly trying to paint me as a liar and by extension undermining the testimony, and yet denying that was your original intention.

It's a good thing you said it's your own version even though it wasn't your own experience, because the imagination of a man has no limit to what it can produce but the range of the truth is limited.

So you can choose to believe whatever your imaginations tell you, like the guy who I met for the first time in my life being someone in my area who knew me already which is clearly not the Truth.

As for paying them for the items, maybe you know robbers who would risk their lives to steal a brand new car from armed thieves, and then return it to the owner for just five thousand naira without a gun being pointed to their head.

If so, you must be living in a very different world from mine.

Thanks for your concern though.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by etrange: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2019
jesusjnr:
I sense some preconception and ulterior motive in your comments, subtly trying to paint me as a liar and by extension undermining the testimony, and yet denying that was your original intention.

It's a good thing you said it's your own version even though it wasn't your own experience, because the imagination of a man has no limit to what it produce but the truth is limited.

So you can choose to believe whatever your imaginations tell you, like the guy who I met for the first time in my life being someone in my area who knew me already which is clearly not the Truth.

As for paying them for the items, maybe you know robbers who would risk their lives to steal a brand new car from armed thieves, and then return it to the owner for just five thousand naira without a gun being pointed to their head.

You must be living in a very different world from this one.

Thanks for your concern though.

God bless.

Lol... you brought this here for discussion and I'm indulging myself in that but here we are smirking already. No fighting bro, I was just thinking "aloud". You know how human mind works, right? You didn't even counter my poor perspective, instead you went ahead to attack me. That's fallacy, you know.

I only felt you knew them cause you made mention of how you intervened in the matter of a fellow No. 2 was harassing sometime earlier (or was it after your own event?). Recall I said that part got me confused. It would have just been enough for you to clarify so we'd all appreciate the testimony better.

Besides, you not knowing them does not mean they don't know you. I'm almost certain they don't stay far away given that you were able to track them in days and also by the fact that you encountered them twice. These kinda peeps tend to know everyone around, a man of God wouldn't be an exception. Just saying....

I honestly don't have any issues with you paying them. I would have done same and I would still call it a miracle given how small I paid to get my items back. But that would be all about it. A miracle that I paid little for much is sufficient, no drama.

Now, the car part. I don't get. Is that a new episode? You said household items, mostly electronics; so how did a car get into the equation? Or they came back for the car after you were done typing that paragraph? Lol... just kidding but I sincerely missed the car part.

Let's not get emotional bro. I'd gain nothing from mocking your testimony. I'm just saying what could have happened; all in the spirit of a friendly discussion. Or you just want us to type hallelujah and go? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 07, 2019
etrange:

Lol... you brought this here for discussion and I'm indulging myself in that but here we are smirking already. No fighting bro, I was just thinking "aloud". You know how human mind works, right? You didn't even counter my poor perspective, instead you went ahead to attack me. That's fallacy, you know.

I only felt you knew them cause you made mention of how you intervened in the matter of a fellow No. 2 was harassing sometime earlier (or was it after your own event?). Recall I said that part got me confused. It would have just been enough for you to clarify so we'd all appreciate the testimony better.

Besides, you not knowing them does not mean they don't know you. I'm almost certain they don't stay far away given that you were able to track them in days and also by the fact that you encountered them twice. These kinda peeps tend to know everyone around, a man of God wouldn't be an exception. Just saying....

I honestly don't have any issues with you paying them. I would have done same and I would still call it a miracle given how small I paid to get my items back. But that would be all about it. A miracle that I paid little for much is sufficient, no drama.

Now, the car part. I don't get. Is that a new episode? You said household items, mostly electronics; so how did a car get into the equation? Or they came back for the car after you were done typing that paragraph? Lol... just kidding but I sincerely missed the car part.

Let's not get emotional bro. I'd gain nothing from mocking your testimony. I'm just saying what could have happened; all in the spirit of a friendly discussion. Or you just want us to type hallelujah and go? undecided
Well look who's complaining?

The same person who insinuated I lied concerning the cult No. 2 is the now the one crying foul, Lol.

It seems you feel you can just say whatever you wanted, but then when you get a deserving response, you'd then call it an attack. SMH.

The car instance was just an illustration of what happened, com'on you should know better than that.

I understand where it bites you, attributing the recovery to God right?

Hope you wouldn't have to find yourself in a similar situation, for you to understand the difference God made in mine.

And you asked a question if they would have allowed me leave the items without paying anything?

From what transpired, the answer to your question is a resounding yes, especially considering the amount I paid them in comparison to the worth of the items I recovered, which I said was nothing compared to that if you read clearly. So I didn't give them anything it wouldn't be much different.

That's God for you, and the fact that I didn't take out that money part to give you naysayers something to chew should tell you something about the authenticity of this story.

But your sentiments won't let your see that part, would it?

You're entitled to your imaginations though.
Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by SmellingAnus(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2019
jesusjnr:
Thanks bro, I appreciate.

Been quite a while.

Hope you're good though.

There's nothing like that moment when God becomes not just the God of someone else but one's God.

To God be the glory, great things He had done.
Very true bro... I rejoice with you for your experience...

1 Like

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by etrange: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2019
jesusjnr:
Well look who's complaining?

The same person who insinuated I lied concerning the cult No. 2 is the now the one crying foul, Lol.

It seems you feel you can just say whatever you wanted, but then when you get a deserving response, you'd then call it an attack. SMH.

The car instance was just an illustration of what happened, com'on you should know better than that.

I understand where it bites you, attributing the recovery to God right?

Hope you wouldn't have to find yourself in a similar situation, for you to understand the difference God made in mine.

And you asked a question if they would have allowed me leave the items without paying anything?

From what transpired, the answer to your question is a resounding yes, especially considering the amount I paid them in comparison to the worth of the items I recovered, which I said was nothing compared to that if you read clearly. So I didn't give them anything it wouldn't be much different.

That's God for you, and the fact that I didn't take out that money part to give you naysayers something to chew should tell you something about the authenticity of this story.

But your sentiments won't let your see that part, would it?

You're entitled to your imaginations though.

Hehe... naysayers. Are we now calling names,?

My dear bro, you make me seem like I'm the Satan himself. Not like I'm contesting with God, why would I be pained that he's receiving the glory? I also attribute your luck to him. I'm only discussing your story. Isn't that what the thread is supposed to be for?

You're not in the mind of those guys, neither am I. We both don't know what was on their mind. We don't know if God spoke to them or weed did. I am only highlighting other possibilities. Nothing to fight about.

Apparently, this chat is not going down well with you. You'd rather we took the story just the way you have dropped it, should hallelujah and move on. Same old MO.

Ok... fine.

Hallelujah!!! Yes! He's good!

1 Like

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by budaatum: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
etrange:

So they decided to get a little money from you instead. At least, for their time.
I'm glad you had the time to respond. You saved me mine. Sounds like the so called cultist took his things for ransom.

3 Likes

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by budaatum: 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2019
etrange:

Or you just want us to type hallelujah and go? undecided
That's obviously what he wants. And if you can't just "type hallelujah and go", he will call you names!

4 Likes

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
etrange:

Hehe... naysayers. Are we now calling names,?

My dear bro, you make me seem like I'm the Satan himself. Not like I'm contesting with God, why would I be pained that he's receiving the glory? I also attribute your luck to him. I'm only discussing your story. Isn't that what the thread is supposed to be for?

You're not in the mind of those guys, neither am I. We both don't know what was on their mind. We don't know if God spoke to them or weed did. I am only highlighting other possibilities. Nothing to fight about.

Apparently, this chat is not going down well with you. You'd rather we took the story just the way you have dropped it, should hallelujah and move on. Same old MO.

Ok... fine.

Hallelujah!!! Yes! He's good!
Calling you names ke?

Is it not your name that I called you, or are you not a naysayer of the story?

You should be less concerned about being called the name, but more concerned about being what the name actually means.

Because your version of the story insinuated that I lied concerning the guys, indirectly calling me a liar and by extension undermining my story. So what does that make you in the respect of my story?

Probably you were expecting me to also use your indirect mode of name calling, but you are wrong to expect the name calling you sowed to come out exactly the same way you sowed it.

As I said earlier you're entitled to your own imaginations, because if it could possibly produce a version of the story that says that weeds spoke to those guys, what makes it impossible that your version of the story was not inspired by same weeds?

By the way, ain't it ironic that you're accusing me of something you're guilty of? As you claim I expected you to just say to come and shout hallelujah to my comment and just move on, meanwhile you're having serious issues with my doing same to yours?

Or have you forgotten that this is a thread? cheesy

But don't expect me to say hallelujah to your comments as you sarcastically did mine, because I really think you're entitled to your views while i am to mine.

God bless.
Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by etrange: 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2019
jesusjnr:
Calling you names ke?

Is it not your name that I called you, or are you not a naysayer of the story?

You should be less concerned about being called the name, but more concerned about being what the name actually means.

Because your version of the story insinuated that I lied concerning the guys, indirectly calling me a liar and by extension undermining my story. So what does that make you in the respect of my story?

Probably you were expecting me to also use your indirect mode of name calling, but you are wrong to expect the name calling you sowed to come out exactly the same way you sowed it.

As I said earlier you're entitled to your own imaginations, because if it could possibly produce a version of the story that says that weeds spoke to those guys, what makes it impossible that your version of the story was not inspired by same weeds?

By the way, ain't it ironic that you're accusing me of something you're guilty of? As you claim I expected you to just say to come and shout hallelujah to my comment and just move on, meanwhile you're having serious issues with my doing same to yours?

Or have you forgotten that this is a thread? cheesy

But don't expect me to say hallelujah to your comments as you sarcastically did mine, because I really think you're entitled to your views while i am to mine.

God bless.

grin grin grin

Ok, I didn't finish reading this one but I'm pretty sure it'll be as amusing as others.

Oya, sorry. I'm sorry. So sorry for trying to dissect the story. Let's stop fighting now. Remember Christians don't fight.

Lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 07, 2019
etrange:

grin grin grin

Ok, I didn't finish reading this one but I'm pretty sure it'll be as amusing as others.

Oya, sorry. I'm sorry. So sorry trying to dissect the story. Let's stop fighting now. Remember Christians don't fight.

Lmao
Why are you making this seem as if we're fighting?

Does our disagreeing on a matter mean fighting?

You had no qualms disagreeing with my post but seem to have serious issues with my disagreeing with yours, or do you think you're the only one with disagreeing rights?

It's not about you dissecting my story, for that's your own opinion and you're entitled to it, even though I disagree with it just as you disagreed with mine.

I hope you get a clearer picture of our conversations now, because it is okay if we don't agree, so you don't have to apologize for it.

By the way, are you a christian?

I hope you don't find that question offensive. wink

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 08, 2019
SmellingAnus:
Very true bro... I rejoice with you for your experience...
Thanks bro.

Now you should have an idea of what was going through my mind about you, when you were saying those things about me in the anticultism thread, because you didn't know much about me then but I knew what you were saying was in tandem with the opinion held of me in heavenly places where it mattered most.

So much kudos to you bro for that said a lot about you.
Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by etrange: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
Why are you making this seem as if we're fighting?

Does our disagreeing on a matter mean fighting?

You had no qualms disagreeing with my post but seem to have serious issues with my disagreeing with yours, or do you think you're the only one with disagreeing rights?

It's not about you dissecting my story, for that's your own opinion and you're entitled to it, even though I disagree with it just as you disagreed with mine.

I hope you get a clearer picture of our conversations now, because it is okay if we don't agree, so you don't have to apologize for it.

By the way, are you a christian?

I hope you don't find that question offensive. wink

God bless.

Bro, it's ok nah... cry
Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 08, 2019
etrange:

Bro, it's ok nah... cry

No bro! I would not let you go unless you answer my question, Lol! cheesy

Are you a Christian?
Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by dollytino4real(f): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
I like dat side of 'God said he should not play with you' how can i achieve that
Re: A Cult No.2 Said To Me: "God Told Me Not To Play With You" by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
dollytino4real:
I like dat side of 'God said he should not play with you' how can i achieve that
It not really much different from what transpired in the lives of those who've walked in the past with God like Abraham, Job, Moses, David, etc.

How they did it was to study the ways of God to know what pleases Him and do it. And there's no better example of such than Jesus who Himself said:

John 8:29 (KJV)

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

So if you do likewise, God would treat you likewise.

Obviously it's not easy, but if you're truly willing with God it is possible.

So if you have the will, what you should do is ask God to help you to achieve that, and He definitely would as He also helped me.

Thanks and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Realtities Of An Angry Pastor / Where Do Animals Go To When They Die? / Can Moving Into A House Bring Bad Luck?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.