Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? (611 Views)

Is AMADIOHA The 'Yahweh' Of The Bible? / Book Of Light : Conference Of Wise Immortals Against Yahweh the satan / The Laughter Of Yahweh: I Am The Deceiver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
Is Allah, the God of Islam, the same as the Yahweh the God of the Bible?
by Matt Slick

No, the God of Islam is not the same as the God of Christianity. In Christianity God is a Trinity, but in Islam God is not a Trinity. It is not possible to have God be a Trinity and also not a Trinity at the same time. Therefore, they cannot be the same. Furthermore, because Islam denies the Trinity (that there is one God who is comprised of three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), it means that in Islam, Jesus is not the incarnation of the second person of the Trinity.

Quran, 5:73, “They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.”
Surah 4:171, "O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs."
So it is clear that the Quran clearly denies one of the essential Christian doctrines about God’s nature being triune. The God of Islam and the God of Christianity are not the same.

In Islam, Allah is a single person. Muslims consider their concept of God to be the proper one. They believe that Allah is all-powerful (Surah 6:61-62) and all-knowing (Surah 2:115; 10:61). They teach that he is the creator of all things (Surah 2:29; 3:191) and that he is the absolute judge of right and wrong. In addition, the Quran says that Allah causes people to stray (Surah 2:26), does not love unbelievers (Surah 3:32), and that he is a deceiver (Surah 3:54).

Jesus
Also, in Islam Jesus is not God in flesh (Surah 4:172; 5:73; 9:30), where in Christianity he is (John 1:1, 14; Col. 2:9). In Christianity, Jesus was crucified, but in Islam, he was not (Surah 4:158). This is another irreconcilable difference between Islam and Christianity regarding God and who Christ is. In addition, Islam says that the Helper (paraclete in Greek) is Muhammed, where the Bible says that the Helper is the Holy Spirit (John 14:26). So, the God of Islam and the God of Christianity are not the same thing.

However, we also need to point out a gross error on the part of Roman Catholicism regarding this issue. The Catechism of the Catholic Church says in paragraph 841, “The Church's relationship with the Muslims. 'The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day.'" The Roman Catholic church is wrong. Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God.
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Emusan(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
No reasonable person will read Quran and Bible, and then conclude the two books are portraying one entity mind.

Even though the Arabic word for God can be used by the native speaker to worship Yahweh that doesn't mean their worship is being directed to the same entity speaking through Muhammad in the Quran.
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Bruno3000(m): 8:44am On Oct 04, 2019
Hell no. allah is a demon god and Islam is an occultic organization. That's why anyone who wishes to renounce membership of the religion, is treated as an enemy or even killed.
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by UceeGod: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
Muslims won't just accept and agree that their Allah can't be the same with the LORD God of the Bible despite the glaring truth. They love criticizing and comparing their religion with the Christian faith while Christians don't give a hoot about their religion.
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by sonmvayina(m): 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
Yaweh is not the God of the old testament.. Yaweh is one of the 70 sons of Enlil... Other include Ninurta (moloch), Ninazu, Nanna(devil).... The Jews don't mention the name of their God except during prayers inside the temple... Any other time they used Lord.... I won't type the name cause it will violate the commandment which says "thou shall not use the name of the Lord in vain"

The God of the moslem is the moon God called Nanna or sin.. He has 3 daughters of which one is inanna(Lucifer)...

The Jews worship the creator of all.. Who is Lord Marduk the lugal dimmer Ankia.. Which means the divine king Of heaven and earth..
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by ctleurocollege: 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
How can? Never possible
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
Emusan:
No reasonable person will read Quran and Bible, and then conclude the two books are portraying one entity mind.

Even though the Arabic word for God can be used by the native speaker to worship Yahweh that doesn't mean their worship is being directed to the same entity speaking through Muhammad in the Quran.
The devil is a copy cat
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
UceeGod:
Muslims won't just accept and agree that their Allah can't be the same with the LORD God of the Bible despite the glaring truth. They love criticizing and comparing their religion with the Christian faith while Christians don't give a hoot about their religion.
Christianity and Islam are miles apart
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
sonmvayina:
Yaweh is not the God of the old testament.. Yaweh is one of the 70 sons of Enlil... Other include Ninurta (moloch), Ninazu, Nanna(devil).... The Jews don't mention the name of their God except during prayers inside the temple... Any other time they used Lord.... I won't type the name cause it will violate the commandment which says "thou shall not use the name of the Lord in vain"

The God of the moslem is the moon God called Nanna or sin.. He has 3 daughters of which one is inanna(Lucifer)...

The Jews worship the creator of all.. Who is Lord Marduk the lugal dimmer Ankia.. Which means the divine king Of heaven and earth..
You deep into deception, may God have mercy on you
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
ctleurocollege:
How can? Never possible
just as light and darkness are cleary different.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
Islam just as any other religion is a religion of works, they work to be saved but Christianity on the other hand is a religion of Jesus finished work on the cross, we work because we are saved.
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by budaatum: 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2019
Emusan:
I wonder.

How do those who read the Torah with its angry wrathful God and the New Testament with Jesus so full of love, conclude the two books are portraying one entity mind? Is it because the two books were joined when they gave them to you or are you being unreasonable?

2 Likes

Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Emusan(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
budaatum:

I wonder.

How do those who read the Torah with its angry wrathful God and the New Testament with Jesus so full of love, conclude the two books are portraying one entity mind? Is it because the two books were joined when they gave them to you or are you being unreasonable?

SMH....so the only thing your brain can process from Old Testament is seeing God as an angry wrathful God...when the same Old Testament declares the LOVE OF GOD for His people even strangers which you can't even see in Quran.

Anyways, I don't expect you to see that.

Meanwhile, I repeat no reasonable person will read Quran and Bible, and conclude the two books portrayed one entity's mind not even because of some violent events recorded but the actual message the two conveyed to people.
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by budaatum: 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
No, "God as an angry wrathful God" is not the only thing I see in the Old Testament, and thankfully, that seems not to be all you see in the Old Testament neither.

My point is, why aren't you looking at the Quran the same way?

Emusan:

SMH....so the only thing your brain can process from Old Testament is seeing God as an angry wrathful God...when the same Old Testament declares the LOVE OF GOD for His people even strangers which you can't even see in Quran.

Anyways, I don't expect you to see that.

Meanwhile, I repeat no reasonable person will read Quran and Bible, and conclude the two books portrayed one entity's mind not even because of some violent events recorded but the actual message the two conveyed to people.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Emusan(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
budaatum:
No, "God as an angry wrathful God" is not the only thing I see in the Old Testament, and thankfully, that seems not to be all you see in the Old Testament neither.

My point is, why aren't you looking at the Quran the same way?

Quran and Bible convey different messages from one mind, how is that hard for you to understand?

You first thought I was referring to the violent that's why you rush to chuck mouth and came with Wrathful and Love comparison....

Forgotten that the same Old Testament where violent event were recorded also recorded God showing love for people including strangers something even Quran didn't attribute to its speaker.

So add understanding to your knowledge next time before you jump into discussion....

1 Like

Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by budaatum: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2019
Emusan:

Quran and Bible convey different messages from one mind, how is that hard for you to understand?.
All the books in tbe Bible were written by different people with different minds as I pointed out by the difference of God's wrath in the Old and loving Christ in the New. But make me understand please.

What is the message in the Bible and what is the message in the Quran?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by sonmvayina(m): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
solite3:

You deep into deception, may God have mercy on you

I am not ignorant like you.. I study.....
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Emusan(m): 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
budaatum:

All the books in tbe Bible were written by different people with different minds as I pointed out by the difference of God's wrath in the Old and loving Christ in the New. But make me understand please.

I'm still on my point, the different people convey the messages of ONE MIND not with different mind.

Also, it will be so dishonest of you if you think Old Testament only shows God as a wrathful God and not looking at the same Old Testament who speaks about God's Love....even Moses who God used to fight war spoke about God's love likewise David....so I don't know why you just see wrath and not LOVE from the same God.

Something that the same QURAN never addressed Isn't that a clear two different characters in play?

1. The God in Old Testament claimed to be a FATHER suddenly He rejected to be a father in Quran, how come?

2. The God in the Old Testament called people His son whereas Quran denied God having any son (the sole aim of this is to reject the sonship of Jesus Christ), this means the writer of Quran must have missed the reason why God called people His son.

Let me stop here....
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by budaatum: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
Have you seen those who bog themselves down in silly quibbles that seem to amount to "sonship" and "father" and not the Spirit of the Word?

Is "sonship" and "father" the message in your scripture?

Emusan:

I'm still on my point, the different people convey the messages of ONE MIND not with different mind.

Also, it will be so dishonest of you if you think Old Testament only shows God as a wrathful God and not looking at the same Old Testament who speaks about God's Love....even Moses who God used to fight war spoke about God's love likewise David....so I don't know why you just see wrath and not LOVE from the same God.

Something that the same QURAN never addressed Isn't that a clear two different characters in play?

1. The God in Old Testament claimed to be a FATHER suddenly He rejected to be a father in Quran, how come?

2. The God in the Old Testament called people His son whereas Quran denied God having any son (the sole aim of this is to reject the sonship of Jesus Christ), this means the writer of Quran must have missed the reason why God called people His son.

Let me stop here....
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Emusan(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
budaatum:
Have you seen those who bog themselves down in silly quibbles that seem to amount to "sonship" and "father" and not the Spirit of the Word?

Is "sonship" and "father" the message in your scripture?

I just cited sonship and fatherhood as first examples never dive into the main message because if Quran could deny the fatherhood and sonship of God which both the Old and New Testament agreed with then, it's a clear evident that the person speaking in Quran can't be the same in the Bible.

By the way, are you claiming both Quran and Bible passing the same message?

What is your point exactly before I know of I'm wasting my time or not?
Re: Is Allah, The God Of Islam, The Same As The Yahweh The God Of The Bible? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 05, 2019
The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob

That's what the Bible God call himself!

It simply means this God had a lineage of faithful ones he wish to be known with.

That's why he is known in ancient times as the God of Israel, Jacob {Abraham's grandson} is the person called Israel so every nation, tribe, tongue and people must learn how to worship this God from his faithful worshippers who are Israelites.

No wonder Jesus {God's only begotten son} chose his first twelve followers from amongst the Israelites, there can never be any prophet from any other nation unless such a prophet fully comply with what those 12 Apostles of Christ laid down! Matthew 16:18-20

The Quran was written by an Arabian who claimed to be a descendant of Ishmael {Abraham's first son} but God had said that he won't have such kind of dealing with Ishmael! Genesis 17:18-21

God even went on to say Ishmael and his descendants will become terrorists and so it happened today! Genesis 16:11-12

So the God of Israel {the author of the Bible} can never be the same as that of the Qur'an! undecided

(1) (Reply)

A Tribute To Reinhard Bonnke By TB Joshua Ministries / We Need Factories The Size Of Ibadan NOT Churches- Daddyfreeze Replies Pastor A / 2020 Prophecy: There'll Be Bloodshed But Fear Not - Ekiti Youngest Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.