Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,898 members, 7,810,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! (65343 Views)

German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps / Canada Survival Tips For International Students / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by AussieJoan: 5:42am On Jun 22, 2023
Rules regarding WORKING HOURS on a student visa- 500

From 1 July 2023​​, work restrictions for student visa holders will be re-introduced.
Student visa work restrictions were relaxed throughout the pandemic, and completely removed in January 2022 to allow primary and secondary student visa holders to work over their normal limit of 40 hours per fortnight to address workforce shortages.

The Australian Government has announced that student visa holders already working in the aged care sector on 9 May 2023 can continue to work unrestricted hours in the aged care sector until 31 December 2023.​

From 1 July 2023, work restrictions for all other student visa holders will be re-introduced and capped at the increased rate of 48 hours per fortnight. This ensures that student visa holders are able to focus on obtaining a quality Australian education and qualification, while remaining able to support themselves financially, gain valuable work experience, and contribute to Australia’s workforce needs.

Taken from the homeaffairs website.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by swscorpio: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2023
Good day all.

Please can someone kindly advice us the school that has the cheapest tuition fees/session in Australia for Masters programme?

Thank you so much.
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by OAOA: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2023
swscorpio:
Good day all.

Please can someone kindly advice us the school that has the cheapest tuition fees/session in Australia for Masters programme?

Thank you so much.

Use Google to narrow down your choices based on course and location
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by inertiia(f): 11:56am On Jul 30, 2023
Please is there any student here that recently got an australian subclass 500 visa that can guide me through...please I need serious guidance
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by inertiia(f): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
AussieJoan:
Rules regarding WORKING HOURS on a student visa- 500

From 1 July 2023​​, work restrictions for student visa holders will be re-introduced.
Student visa work restrictions were relaxed throughout the pandemic, and completely removed in January 2022 to allow primary and secondary student visa holders to work over their normal limit of 40 hours per fortnight to address workforce shortages.

The Australian Government has announced that student visa holders already working in the aged care sector on 9 May 2023 can continue to work unrestricted hours in the aged care sector until 31 December 2023.​

From 1 July 2023, work restrictions for all other student visa holders will be re-introduced and capped at the increased rate of 48 hours per fortnight. This ensures that student visa holders are able to focus on obtaining a quality Australian education and qualification, while remaining able to support themselves financially, gain valuable work experience, and contribute to Australia’s workforce needs.

Taken from the homeaffairs website.

Please is there any student here that recently got an australian subclass 500 visa that can guide me through...please I need serious guidance
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by AussieJoan: 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2023
inertiia:

Try to ask your questions on the forum in the other student page and you'll be given the answers you seek
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by AussieJoan: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
To all incoming and current students!

Hope you're doing well despite the current economy. Will be sharing some tips from time to time.

Stay Tuned!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by pretty1986: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2023
NittaO:

Hi, I am a Medical Doctor also wanting to move to Australia for msc. I sent you an email.
Pls respond.
Thanks
Sir,the best advice I can give you is that,you should look for a way to enter Uk , wether through job route or study route,and try get like one year experience in uk,with that you can easily get Hospital in Australia that will sponsor you to join them.Because Australia respect UK medical personnel
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by e90(m): 6:22pm On Nov 05, 2023
AussieJoan:
To all incoming and current students!

Hope you're doing well despite the current economy. Will be sharing some tips from time to time.

Stay Tuned!!!
Please, I just sent email to you. I need your response . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by Wrap46: 11:47pm On Dec 03, 2023
Hi guys 👋🏿

I have some question regarding Aussie universities. I recently helped my brother to gain admission to a university here in Sydney. They gave him a conditional offer and subsequently told him that the condition of the offer is on ground that he submits his certified documentation.

Now here comes the question,

We are both dual citizen of Nigeria and Sweden and he did his bachelors in Nigeria and our mom has the legit credentials in Nigeria. The condition of the offer is that he brings his certified credentials on the day of his enrollment, is the legit one from the university certified enough or do we have to do any other thing to certify the documents ?

I asked someone who stays in Sydney and he advised that the documents from the university should be enough and if not then Justice of peace in Sydney can put down a writing. How true is this?

Hope to get a feedback from someone here
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by AussieJoan: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
Wrap46:
Hi guys 👋🏿

I have some question regarding Aussie universities. I recently helped my brother to gain admission to a university here in Sydney. They gave him a conditional offer and subsequently told him that the condition of the offer is on ground that he submits his certified documentation.

Now here comes the question,

We are both dual citizen of Nigeria and Sweden and he did his bachelors in Nigeria and our mom has the legit credentials in Nigeria. The condition of the offer is that he brings his certified credentials on the day of his enrollment, is the legit one from the university certified enough or do we have to do any other thing to certify the documents ?

I asked someone who stays in Sydney and he advised that the documents from the university should be enough and if not then Justice of peace in Sydney can put down a writing. How true is this?

Hope to get a feedback from someone here

The certified one from the university should be enough. But also get a copy certified by the JP in Sdyney....sometimes their head dey touch undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by AussieJoan: 5:16pm On Jan 25
@tonyferrad, I was talking about this. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by baggylips(m): 8:46pm On Jan 25
Hi all,
I will be attending a conference at the University of Sydney between 13th February (Arrival date) and 17th February (departure). Please, does anyone have any idea how I can get a cheap accommodation close to the school? Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! by AussieJoan: 10:42pm On Jan 25
baggylips:
Hi all,
I will be attending a conference at the University of Sydney between 13th February (Arrival date) and 17th February (departure). Please, does anyone have any idea how I can get a cheap accommodation close to the school? Thanks for your anticipated response

Your best bet would be an airbnb.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Airport Official Catches Man Packaged As Yam Inside A Carton (video) / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) / U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.