Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys (37316 Views)

Chijioke Nnamani: Corper In Prison For Criticizing Madonna University Management / Man Loses Car, Almost Jailed After Helping Lady Carrying A Crying Baby In Abuja / Man Loses Car After Sex Romp With Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by laydoh(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
djon78:

Is it really possible to Clear someone's account without the bank not being aware of it.
It still finds me hard to believe.
Someone clearing the money in account.
this guy is a victim.I felt for him when I heard the news yesterday.

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by dante0147: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
You stupid fool yahoo boys don’t scam Nigerians only 419 scam their fellow Nigerians !!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by balonaija(f): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
why?
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by EseBaba: 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2019
End of the wicked!

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by flyingdutchman(m): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2019
Davash222:
Childish!!
Yahoo Boy!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by jimcaddy(m): 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
Serves him right. Some people don't know that this life is turn by turn.. Karma is a biaaaatchhh.. These Yahoo guys are becoming smarter by the day. It even seems like there is a special syndicate perpetrating this wiping of accounts. How do they know that one has a huge amount in his or account that they will just wipe off instantly like that. One guy on Twitter was lamenting his own was his life savings of about 800k. Now this. Nigerian banks needs to set an internal watchdog to silently monitor accounts that have huge cash in it. I feel some bank staff are culpable in this... Everyone wants to get rich quick even at the expense of other's sweat. It's not fair... Everyone dey find money to travel to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by Topmaike007(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
salford1:

She may have logged in on a cloned website.
o see point in this,but how did the bank know by calling the following day apologizing
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by mechanics(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
Really funny.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by pelicanbeau(f): 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
JuanDeDios:
Karma is a female dog. grin That's how I will be saying it from now.

funny dude

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by Rolly22(m): 9:08am On Jun 06, 2019
DeejaywonDJ1:
Bro, You're a G-guy you don't have to deny it now. Though, I support some illegallity on some instance but scamming fellow poor Nigerians is uncall for and absurd.

I'm not a G guy I'm only against the way we are Quick to Judge others. We all sin Differently you feel me?
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by Rolly22(m): 9:11am On Jun 06, 2019
Ajixegun:

Let politicians be the preys not the commoners who are struggling to survive in the same predicaments you're using as excuses. Since you guys usually say you are retrieving what the white men took away from the black people or Africa, has commoners become the white men who enslaved us?

No sane person would scam a common Nigerian we are all suffering.
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by maasoap(m): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2019
ericsmith:

i have no intentions of deviating from my point lemme say these, no one can use your atm on remita or be it quickteller without you carelessly disbursing your info somewhere...these things aint magic its depend solely on mistakes n vulnerability.
If you say "not easy to get back " few months ago you might be right but with the new CBN antifraud policy baba write your bank tag Cbn ..you will get ur money back ,nothing is easy so stop expecting easy ..go for it.
many times i had issues with my bank,a peculiar one took 4months had to fill cbn form to pressure them ... but how many graduate not to talk of illiterates in nigerian are even exposed to these infos. of what to do.
fraud is bad but people should be rather very careful ,no greed no scam

I can relate to these two statements. First Bank returned N4,000 over deducted amount from my account after a year. But not related to the topic at hand. Money stolen successfully from one's account is entirely different scenario.
No greed no scam, I should feel save if that's all it requires. Plus being very careful
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by laudate: 9:47am On Jun 06, 2019
Bonapart:
God of instant judgement. Same should happen to those untrained bastards on nairaland supporting Internet fraudsters
Amen! angry
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by laudate: 9:53am On Jun 06, 2019
ericsmith:

The story no add up abeg ... how can the supposed sista inlaw of the victim rush to share such news to an outsider,
moreover there is no way anyone can withdraw 1.2m from an atm ,if naa by transfer the victim should relax becos he will surely get it back , should it be POS thats so easy to trace n retract ... the story get k-leg
Relax and get it back...how??! shocked Do you know the stress and length of time it takes to get a bank to respond to such issues? If you do not have money to mobilise police men especially SFIU guys, and get a good lawyer to join .. your money don go be dat. angry

The banks will be dribbling you with come today, come tomorrow. Abi, you never sabi Naija banks? shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by laudate: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2019
Rolly22:
I'm not a G guy I'm only against the way we are Quick to Judge others. We all sin Differently you feel me?
Stop lying. You are a 'yahoo boy. If not, such an act would disgust you. You would not be preaching don't be quick to judge.... sad

2 Likes

Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2019
maasoap:

I can relate to these two statements. First Bank returned N4,000 over deducted amount from my account after a year. But not related to the topic at hand. Money stolen successfully from one's account is entirely different scenario.
No greed no scam, I should feel save if that's all it requires. Plus being very careful

yeah !! money stolen from ones account is a different scenario but that can only happen becos you've been careless in a way with ur details, there are lots of cloned etransact pop ups people just enter details blindly.
Bro ,we are in the 21st century money transfer are traceable (offshore exclusive) , to curb huge loss is why banks slammed a limit on daily atm & counter redrawal and one of major aims of the new cbn policy is to revert fraud. all be people av to do is, be more enlightened & cautious.
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2019
laudate:

Relax and get it back...how??! shocked Do you know the stress and length of time it takes to get a bank to respond to such issues? If you do not have money to mobilise police men especially SFIU guys, and get a good lawyer to join .. your money don go be dat. angry

The banks will be dribbling you with come today, come tomorrow. Abi, you never sabi Naija banks? shocked

A mindset & reasoning like yours is why lots of nigerians are sidelined , its all about the channels you know. there are somethings you will just say to a bank manger or even police they we av no choice but to upscale there view about you. information is power, where or what you have access to determines the way you will be treated. nigerians n information are to parralel lines. our certificate is just to get money
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by laudate: 10:55am On Jun 06, 2019
ericsmith:
A mindset & reasoning like yours is why lots of nigerians are sidelined , its all about the channels you know. there are somethings you will just say to a bank manger or even police they we av no choice but to upscale there view about you. information is power, where or what you have access to determines the way you will be treated. nigerians n information are to parralel lines. our certificate is just to get money
I urge you to go back and read my previous post, with more understanding. undecided

The chap I quoted made some blasé fluffy comments, that "as long as the transaction was done through a bank or a POS terminal, the victim should relax and he would get it back.". He did not advice on the steps to take that would aid recovery of the victim's funds, or channels to follow that would fast-track such recovery. sad

My response was to show that such advice was misplaced. It takes more than relaxing, to get back such money. So why did you jump in to make unfounded insinuations about my mindset? shocked
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 06, 2019
laudate:

I urge you to go back and read my previous post, with more understanding. undecided

The chap I quoted made some blasé fluffy comments, that "as long as the transaction was done through a bank or a POS terminal, the victim should relax and he would get it back.". He did not advice on the steps to take that would aid recovery of the victim's funds, or channels to follow that would fast-track such recovery. sad

My response was to show that such advice was misplaced. It takes more than relaxing, to get back such money. So whty did you jump in to make unfounded insinuations about my mindset? shocked

i am the "chap" who made the comment you referred to as fluffy ... becos i said they should relax ,it means they should not report the fraud to adequate authorities, so you concluded it was a sit down @home n watch telemundo call abi. nigerians are inquisitive when it comes to knowledge,hence the setbacks
Do you know the funniest part , after making an official report even the banks will tell you to go relax after apologizing for the inconveniences. so ??
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by laudate: 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
ericsmith:
i am the "chap" who made the comment you referred to as fluffy ... becos i said they should relax ,it means they should not report the fraud to adequate authorities, so you concluded it was a sit down @home n watch telemundo call abi. nigerians are inquisitive when it comes to knowledge,hence the setbacks
Do you know the funniest part , after making an official report even the banks will tell you to go relax after apologizing for the inconveniences. so ??
Oh, you did not give info on channels to follow to get the funds back in your initial post, you only said "relax and you will get it back" as if there was some magic wand, that would instantly teleport such stolen funds, back into the victim's account. In your relax and sit down@home to watch African Magic mind, how would your former post which I initially responded to, have helped the victim?
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
laudate:

Oh, you did not give info on channels to follow to get the funds back in your initial post, you only said "relax and you will get it back" as if there was some magic wand, that would instantly teleport such stolen funds, back into the victim's account. In your relax and sit down@home to watch African Magic mind, how would your former post which I initially responded to, have helped the victim?

bro there is something called instinct ,definitely a fraud victim will approach his/her bank to seek redress.
instinct will prompt anyone to report but instinct will never prompt anyone to relax ... hence why i dey preach "relax" pesin wey die no go fit do case
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by Rolly22(m): 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
laudate:

Stop lying. You are a 'yahoo boy. If not, such an act would disgust you. You would not be preaching don't be quick to judge.... sad

Yes I will preach when a police man who collects 50 Naira from motorists everyday comes out to Condemn a yahoo boy. We are all Hypocrites in this country. Get my point clear
Re: Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys by laudate: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
Rolly22:
Yes I will preach when a police man who collects 50 Naira from motorists everyday comes out to Condemn a yahoo boy. We are all Hypocrites in this country. Get my point clear
Speak for yourself. All the excuses you are making for yahoo boys, has shown that you are one of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Patrick Fasinu Assassinated & Burnt With His Car In Ogun (Photos) / Kolade Johnson's Dad Speaks: The Policeman Shouted, 'I Must Kill Somebody Today' / Mob Sets Robber Ablaze In Benue Over 8k And Raping At Gun Point (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.