Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping (4173 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Adamawa Ex-deputy Governor Asks Court To Declare Him Gov / Lagos Ex-deputy Governor Ojikutu Wanted Over Alleged N130m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by AloyEmeka5: 5:14am On Sep 30, 2010
Abia government may charge ex-deputy governor, Akomas, for kidnapping

Published 29/09/2010 01:17:57

•ACN governorship aspirant calls for emergency rule
The Abia State government may soon arraign the impeached deputy governor of the state, Comrade Chris Akomas, for terrorism and kidnapping.

Akomas was invited to the Police headquarters in Umuahia, the state capital, last Friday, for questioning. He was interrogated for about four hours before he was allowed to leave. He was also invited on Monday.

It was gathered that he arrived the police headquarters about 4 p.m. on Monday and stayed till 10 p.m. before he was allowed to go and asked to return yesterday at 8 a.m.

A close source to Akomas told the Nigerian Compass in a telephone interview that he (Akomas) was advised not to report early to the police station yesterday because of the fear that he may be charged to court. He was rather advised to report late in the afternoon.

It was gathered that the government is alleging that Akomas have recruited hoodlums and kidnappers allegedly to destabilise the state.

It would be recalled that Akomas declared his intention to contest the governorship election in 2011 on the platform of the Progressives Peoples Alliance (PPA).

Meanwhile, an Action Congress of Nigerian (ACN) governorship aspirant, Prince Paul Ikonne, has called on the Federal Government to declare an energency rule in the state over the incessant killings, kidnapping, armed robbery, assault and raping of women in Aba and its environs.

Residents of Aba, the commercial nerve of the state, have been living under fear of insecurity and neglect of government. Business activities in the city have dwindled, as a result of the broad-day attack of kidnappers and hoodlums who operate in the full glare of the public and security operatives sent to the city.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/66400-Abia-government-may-charge--deputy-governor-Akomas-for-kidnapping.html
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by Beaf: 6:09am On Sep 30, 2010
Deputy gov = kidnapper shocked and
Gov = ritualist shocked shocked

What hope for Abia?
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by ChinenyeN(m): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2010
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself on this one, but. . . seems like classic scapegoating to me. I'm not buying this initiative. . .
. . . then again, I don't have all the information. So, I cannot definitively state anything.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by slap1(m): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2010
Akomas should dump Orji Kalu's camp and come over to PDP. Case closed. Problem solved.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by yarodin: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2010
They are all involved, but a scapegoat has to be picked.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 30, 2010
slap1:

Akomas should dump Orji Kalu's camp and come over to PDP. Case closed. Problem solved.

what about the case against him ? Abeg the guy should be charged,given accelerated hearing ,acclerated judgement and accelerated execution !
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2010
do you peeps not realise that it is our ever evil pdp seeking to use this to teir benefit

weeks ago, bukola saraki and co tried to use kidnapping to force some freedom/privacy violating proposals on the gsm companies

i posted it somewhere else - the former deputy gov was going to pick up another party's form when the police picked him up.

all this time, and they were not aware he was a kidnapper

a new twist on using security forces to pursue your opponents
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by anonimi: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by excanny: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
Another attempt to villify Ngwa-Ukwa and bar them from any gubernatorial ambitions. A state where minorities lord it over the majority who lays the black gold that foots the bill. It wont work.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by Echidime(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2010
I have always known that the kidnapping is political,someone must pay for this crime in Abia state
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by fxmaxony(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2010
I pity T.A. Orji,

The Criminals used to manipulate the system in the form of crime while he was in EFCC detention have come up with arms against the citizenry.

and GEJ is slow to declare state of emergency,

To all who cares to hear, i don't think Akoma is master minding this kidnapping.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by CareTaker1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2010
excanny:

Another attempt to villify Ngwa-Ukwa and bar them from any gubernatorial ambitions. A state where minorities lord it over the majority who lays the black gold that foots the bill. It wont work.

Did i hear you right dawg?

Does Ngwa lay any black gold as far as Abia is concerned?

In the case of the minority, one of them will put a thousand of the majority to flight and ofcourse two will chase ten thousand of the evil majority, its coming on you pretty soon.

Hungry land sellers angry angry angry angry
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by alex406(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2010
fxmaxony:

I pity T.A. Orji,

The Criminals used to manipulate the system in the form of crime while he was in EFCC detention have come up with arms against the citizenry.

and GEJ is slow to declare state of emergency,

To all who cares to hear, i don't think Akoma is master minding this kidnapping.

They are using it as an excuse,thats Nigeria for you.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by Dede1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2010
This wild accusation against former deputy governor of Abia State smacks intolerant politics. If care is not taken, it will be a crime to include Nigeria in a sentence with democracy.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by namdo(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
they must pay for their crimes against the masses in Abia state, come rain, come shine. an Orji>>>>Orji ordeal making the masses to suffer. Nothing goes for nothing, period. You dey catch footballer for field ? catch the coach first.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by marcus1234: 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2010
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2010
interseting shocked
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
i smell a witch hunt
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by Rastamann: 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2010
It is all politics.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by MaziUche0(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2010
The Ngwa have not shown that they rule there own area, you expect us from the other areas will support them as governors?

A person from Umuahia is very neutral.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by asha2: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

The Ngwa have not shown that they rule there own area, you expect us from the other areas will support them as governors?

A person from Umuahia is very neutral.

Like TA orji abi?
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by AloyEmeka5: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2010
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by MaziUche0(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
asha 2:

Like TA orji abi?

I haven't seen much development in Arochukwu. SO yes, he is neutral.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by asha2: 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

I haven't seen much development in Arochukwu. SO yes, he is neutral.

yes neutral enough to make abia a laughing stock.that is good neutrality.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by excanny: 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2010
asha 2:

yes neutral enough to make abia a laughing stock.that is good neutrality.

Thank you, my brother. No one can judge Ngwa-Ukwa until one of them is tested to lead Abia. It's just like a mini typical Nigerian system where mere minorities rule the more educated majority and the result has been very predictable. Ngwa-Ukwa land possess the most educated Abians to effect needed changes.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by MaziUche0(m): 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2010
excanny:

Thank you, my brother. No one can judge Ngwa-Ukwa until one of them is tested to lead Abia. It's just like a mini typical Nigerian system where mere minorities rule the more educated majority and the result has been very predictable. Ngwa-Ukwa land possess the most educated Abians to effect needed changes.

You have the nerve to say Ngwa are more educated. Southern Abia State is very backwards with a bush mentality. You cannot compare the two.

Ngwaland possesses the most criminals in all of Alaigbo. Maybe the entire East!
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by excanny: 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

You have the nerve to say Ngwa are more educated. Southern Abia State is very backwards with a bush ment ality. You cannot compare the two.

That doesn't alter what i said. I said it without fear or favour. With a population that large, we have a share of both. Southern Abians are the most educated, it's a known fact.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by truly: 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what about the case against him ? Abeg the guy should be charged,given accelerated hearing ,acclerated judgement and accelerated execution !
What case?
No loyal (meaning to Johnathan) PDP member is ever sentenced

Only a fool like Yaradua would do that (bode george) to our great party - the largest in Africa
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by shotster50(m): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2010
truly:

What case?
No loyal (meaning to Johnathan) PDP member is ever sentenced

Only a fool like Yaradua would do that (bode george) to our great party - the largest in Africa

Are you ok??
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by hushmail: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2010
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by yarodin: 9:57am On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

You have the nerve to say Ngwa are more educated. Southern Abia State is very backwards with a bush mentality. You cannot compare the two.

Honestly you are a big joke, because your village asss was able to win lottery to come to America you are qualified to open your mouth and insult intellectuals? I don't blame you, America is a land of opportunities, but a village champion is what you will always be.
Re: Abia To Charge Ex- Deputy Gov With Kidnapping by JUO(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2010
politics

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 REASONS YOU SHOULD VOTE NUHU RIBADU / Nigerians In Diaspora : How Will You Celebrate Our Independence? / Another Nurse Who Had Contact With Patrick Sawyer Dies in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.