Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,228 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing (56536 Views)

Deceased Stowaway Discovered On KLM Flight From Lagos (photo) / FG Bars Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Others / Airline Mistakenly Reveals The Safest Place To Sit In A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Kaceman(m): 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
2040! U sure say ogas at the top wey start the plan go remain
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Ugosample(m): 2:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
Don't forget that the most useless black people are the educated ones. They are only trained to conform not to invent nor innovate.

/

point of correction my brother

an empty head with a certificate is NOT AN EDUCATED PERSON

so calling them EDUCATED is using a word that is not deserving of them

more like wearing a baboon am Armani suit....

An "educated" person will challenge every thing and norm
An educated person will not vote an idiot like Buhari
And educated person will not litter the streets and have swatthes of waste in his domain

An educated person /populace knows the power of the people

An educated person knows that a person is not defined by his ethnic background or religion BUT by the choices he make and the content of his character (Most NiggerAreans score F9 in this one)
and the list goes on...

They are not educated people
they are empty heads holding worthless certificates
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Sabby1(m): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
My dream coming true

I have had similar dream and though this seem slightly different from mine, I am glad to be alive to witness something similar to my long dying dream

I wish them more intelligence and innovatiin
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Ugosample(m): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
BigBashiru:

They busy joining cults which kill themselves and fight over girls. Cursed people!

no mind them
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by victorazyvictor(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
Femiartalade:
Instead of them to focus on developing what will prevent aircrafts from crashing embarassed

May be in this one.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by DivineTurnAroun(f): 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
Timmypromise:
As long I won't jam Buhari in the future
So it is cool

Laughing out loud � waiting buhari do you
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by jaxxy(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
Looks like a disaster waiting to happen because it can not be adequately maneuvered. Weight Imbalance can easily set in with that design also. Needs to be scrapped or reviewed.

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Tats(m): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2019
khcode:
I don't trust this design.

Designs are not exactly made to be trusted. They are to be developed into working models or prototypes and tested to see if they work before they are trusted and rolled out. When people make designs, they base them on some thoughts and concepts. Why does the wingsuit fly?

Many people have pointed out that we seem to be different in our part of the world from developed societies. The westerners take so much risk in just about anything. Many times they fail and occasionally they succeed and that is why we have all the modern equipments and gadgets available to us for use.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Gazzy88(m): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
JustHector:
Let them make a plane that would never crash.then i would have something to say about futuristic aircrafts..
Fill in the blanks too
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by xeros20(m): 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
chibu4u2:

Sometimes I wonder what is been taught in Nigerian universities offering Engineering as well as medicine.
Most of these breakthroughs are being researched in mostly universities.
Well basically theories and ancient notes from lecturers used in their own time.
We are taught the discoveries of inventions.

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Deepthoughts: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
chibu4u2:

Sometimes I wonder what is been taught in Nigerian universities offering Engineering as well as medicine.
Well basically theories and ancient notes from lecturers used in their own time.
Some body once joked that,all we study in Nigerian universities is just different aspects of history whether medicine,sciences, social science, engineering or whatever course,now I think there's a lot of truths in what he said.

2 Likes

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by lexy2014: 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
dam2000:
What if the world end b4 2040

It means they will end it on a high
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by BigBashiru: 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
kayjay69:
Quote of the day my brother. Quote of the f***ing Day.

I completely concur! Also the religious inclination is directly attributable to laziness. It's easier to outsource responsibility to God than to work!

Having said this God does indeed do financial miracles but God does these IF and WHEN He wants; but Africans reject this and expect miracles every day. How lazy!

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by bid4rich(m): 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
Qsscruz:
There are two types of people in this world: Those who make things happen. And those who watch things happen..You already know where Naija belongs..

You are missing one other people............those who don't know what is happening at all

3 Likes

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by sucess001(m): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
chelseabmw:
Just like the concord, I don’t think this will be success

Concorde was a sucess. Just expensive.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Wanity(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
Femiartalade:
Instead of them to focus on developing what will prevent aircrafts from crashing embarassed

What have you and your country develop in the 60 years
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by IkemChris(m): 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
And we are still battling with our pencil industry. Oh God.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by joepentwo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
University of WETIN ?? I couldnt view that part very well.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by joepentwo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
University of WETIN ?? I couldnt view that part very well.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Bbbwings: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
dam2000:
What if the world end b4 2040
What if you start using your brain cells
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by obafemee80(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
chibu4u2:

Even the so called lecturers and Professors only has the ability to Cram the ancient notes and theories grin
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by chibu4u2(m): 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
obafemee80:

Even the so called lecturers and Professors only has the ability to Cram the ancient notes and theories grin
Exactly and they will be using it to oppress student anyhow

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by balonaija(f): 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
I don't know.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
Ugosample:

point of correction my brother

an empty head with a certificate is NOT AN EDUCATED PERSON

so calling them EDUCATED is using a word that is not deserving of them

more like wearing a baboon am Armani suit....

An "educated" person will challenge every thing and norm
An educated person will not vote an idiot like Buhari

And educated person will not litter the streets and have swatthes of waste in his domain

An educated person /populace knows the power of the people

An educated person knows that a person is not defined by his ethnic background or religion BUT by the choices he make and the content of his character.

See sensible comment! #RESPECT

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by aAK1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2019
The design is problematic. You need almost equal weight on the wings and when you now add people on the wings, it gives you many unpredictable variables.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by whoawa(m): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
We will not accept it, the V stands for Vampire
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by weoai(m): 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2019
See what Delft is doing! Chai! Our own professors are here collecting blocking money... Later we will seek reasons for the human capital flight. A true Nigerian desiring real change can hardly function in this environment

obafemee80:

Dutch national carrier KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is funding a pioneering V-shaped, fuel-efficient airplane design known as the Flying-V that is intended to improve the sustainability of air travel.

The Flying-V plane, named after the iconic Gibson Flying-V electric guitar, is being developed by researchers at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, also known as TU Delft.

The 314 passenger plane's futuristic design incorporates the passenger cabin, fuel tanks and cargo hold into the wings.

The futuristic plane will use 20% less fuel than the Airbus A350-900 while carrying a similar number of passengers.

The design also mirrors the A350's 65-meter (213 feet) wingspan, enabling it to use existing airport infrastructure.

Pieter Elbers, CEO and president of KLM, said in a statement that :

The researchers hope to fly a scale model this September while a mock-up of the new cabin design will be open to the public at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport in October, as part of KLM's 100th anniversary celebrations.

The completed plane is expected to enter KLM airline's fleet between 2040 and 2050.

What Do You Yhink About The Futuristic Airplane?

https://autojosh.com/klm-airline-reveal-new-v-shaped-aircraft-design-where-passengers-sit-inside-the-wings/

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by wink2015(m): 4:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
RichardRexs:

Whats stopping you

THAT YOUR COMMENT THROW THEM OFF BALANCE ! grin grin grin
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by goodnewsbabe: 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
Science started in Africa, Religion came and took over.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by kernel01: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
Femiartalade:

I won't be surprise if you ask people like you to produce cars that can't collide.

What have you offered the world?
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
The children of Israelite spent 40 years in transit, something that could have taken 5hrs... What other sign do we need to appreciate technology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania / Panic As Massive Deportation Of Nigerians From Germany Begins Tomorrow / A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.