Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing (56545 Views)

Deceased Stowaway Discovered On KLM Flight From Lagos (photo) / FG Bars Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Others / Airline Mistakenly Reveals The Safest Place To Sit In A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Xmen149(m): 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
chibu4u2:

Sometimes I wonder what is been taught in Nigerian universities offering Engineering as well as medicine.
Most of these breakthroughs are being researched in mostly universities.
Well basically theories and ancient notes from lecturers used in their own time.

govt play their part and hold industries and firms accountable..some of these industries have research center/lab setup in schools for these universities via govt intervention and other arrangements,constantly maintained and upgraded..GM etc.....

common to grant student permission to do industrial training na war... na country with misplaced priority we dey...

the graduates will come out sef and start draging "a university graduate is worth more than a Bsc Engr." cheesy and i ll be looking at all like undecided ...

na as u graduate u go and learn work grin
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Summer7: 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
A place where one ethnic group seem superior and the others inferior can never see any positive light
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by obidevine(m): 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
obafemee80:

Dutch national carrier KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is funding a pioneering V-shaped, fuel-efficient airplane design known as the Flying-V that is intended to improve the sustainability of air travel.

The Flying-V plane, named after the iconic Gibson Flying-V electric guitar, is being developed by researchers at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, also known as TU Delft.

The 314 passenger plane's futuristic design incorporates the passenger cabin, fuel tanks and cargo hold into the wings.

The futuristic plane will use 20% less fuel than the Airbus A350-900 while carrying a similar number of passengers.

The design also mirrors the A350's 65-meter (213 feet) wingspan, enabling it to use existing airport infrastructure.

Pieter Elbers, CEO and president of KLM, said in a statement that :

The researchers hope to fly a scale model this September while a mock-up of the new cabin design will be open to the public at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport in October, as part of KLM's 100th anniversary celebrations.

The completed plane is expected to enter KLM airline's fleet between 2040 and 2050.

What Do You Yhink About The Futuristic Airplane?

https://autojosh.com/klm-airline-reveal-new-v-shaped-aircraft-design-where-passengers-sit-inside-the-wings/

Looks to me like a commercial version of The Northrop (later Northrop Grumman) B-2 Spirit, also known as the Stealth Bomber

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by obafemee80(m): 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
obidevine:

Looks to me like a commercial version of The Northrop (later Northrop Grumman) B-2 Spirit, also known as the Stealth Bomber

They share the same "Funny" Bat shape

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by iramure(m): 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
chibu4u2:

Sometimes I wonder what is been taught in Nigerian universities offering Engineering as well as medicine.
Well basically theories and ancient notes from lecturers used in their own time.
as long as we have Jesus, no worries!!
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Drhighchief11: 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
Femiartalade:
Instead of them to focus on developing what will prevent aircrafts from crashing embarassed
Safety measures are part of the development process. New planes, new safety measures...
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by chibu4u2(m): 5:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
iramure:
as long as we have Jesus, no worries!!

Shebi!!!..... atol atol na I’m bad pass grin

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by chibu4u2(m): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
Xmen149:

govt play their part and hold industries and firms accountable..some of these industries have research center/lab setup in schools for these universities via govt intervention and other arrangements,constantly maintained and upgraded..GM etc.....

common to grant student permission to do industrial training na war... na country with misplaced priority we dey...

the graduates will come out sef and start draging "a university graduate is worth more than a Bsc Engr." cheesy and i ll be looking at all like undecided ...

na as u graduate u go and learn work grin

Gbam!!! Chop beta knuckles my guy.
U said it all.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Aldebaran(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
RichardRexs:

Whats stopping you
Wicked grin
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by AnthonyAk(m): 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
chibu4u2:

Innovation needs funding, we can't even get constsnt light right so there is def no budget for funding.

The US defense budget is 900 billion most of which will goto research and development. That being said I won't doubt Nigerians are part of the innovation outside the country.

Until we fix basic issues we can ever get to these levels
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by chibu4u2(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
AnthonyAk:

Innovation needs funding, we can't even get constsnt light right so there is def no budget for funding.

The US defense budget is 900 billion most of which will goto research and development. That being said I won't doubt Nigerians are part of the innovation outside the country.

Until we fix basic issues we can ever get to these levels
This right here is the sad truth.
Nigerians abroad contribute immensely to the development of these countries.

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Reference(m): 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
I like the fact that everyone gets a front row seat.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by obidevine(m): 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
obafemee80:

They share the same "Funny" Bat shape
True
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Femeto: 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
2040 is too far na. Let it be ready in 5 years.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by daroz(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
Scary
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by shigoawesu(m): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2019
Femiartalade:
Instead of them to focus on developing what will prevent aircrafts from crashing embarassed
Nothing can guarantee that my brother
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by kiddkash(m): 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
Femiartalade:
can't you see that this design will prevent bird strike

1 Like

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by luluman: 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
obafemee80:

Dutch national carrier KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is funding a pioneering V-shaped, fuel-efficient airplane design known as the Flying-V that is intended to improve the sustainability of air travel.

The Flying-V plane, named after the iconic Gibson Flying-V electric guitar, is being developed by researchers at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, also known as TU Delft.

The 314 passenger plane's futuristic design incorporates the passenger cabin, fuel tanks and cargo hold into the wings.

The futuristic plane will use 20% less fuel than the Airbus A350-900 while carrying a similar number of passengers.

The design also mirrors the A350's 65-meter (213 feet) wingspan, enabling it to use existing airport infrastructure.

Pieter Elbers, CEO and president of KLM, said in a statement that :

The researchers hope to fly a scale model this September while a mock-up of the new cabin design will be open to the public at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport in October, as part of KLM's 100th anniversary celebrations.

The completed plane is expected to enter KLM airline's fleet between 2040 and 2050.

What Do You Yhink About The Futuristic Airplane?

https://autojosh.com/klm-airline-reveal-new-v-shaped-aircraft-design-where-passengers-sit-inside-the-wings/

Yanga dey sleep......
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by horlafact(m): 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
All we know in Nigeria is to dance with leggings on the street for 2k, then come on social media and abuse the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by suremanpatriot: 3:08am On Jun 06, 2019
These are ppl tht are usin their talent to excel kiss
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Halopy: 7:20am On Jun 06, 2019
The only thing I see to this is the creativity which I commend. But as far as it doesn't improve on the existing design in the area safety, its still the same thing to me. I look forward to a future aircraft which can land anywhere in case of emergency, which can offer or allow small aircraft aboard to allow for emergency escape. I look forward to an aircraft with artificial intelligence that can diagnose, detect danger on its system with little or no human input. I look forward to a future aircraft which can have a means of suspension in the air in case of system failure till a rescue team arrives whether by itself having a parachute that can be lunched to hold the entire aircraft against gravity or to enable it to gradually descend as normal parachute operates. I look forward to a future aircraft which can have an independent back up system totally different from its engines that can powered from the control room or elsewhere that can make the aircraft cruise to a safe place or nearest airport once an imminent system failure is discovered by the pilot(s).
God bless Nigeria.
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by gnykelly(m): 8:08am On Jun 06, 2019
chelseabmw:
Just like the concord, I don’t think this will be success

Concorde was a success... They killed the program
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by tck2000(m): 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
Like a bird
Re: KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing by Alejobs: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
You can only cheat someone once but a good deal can bring a million customer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania / Panic As Massive Deportation Of Nigerians From Germany Begins Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.