Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. (1547 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / PLS Advice(l Am A Married Man Dating Another Married Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by Gnexplore: 7:25am On Sep 30, 2010
What on earth could make a man or a woman to wish that his or her marriage partner of many years dead or be carried away by the kidnappers to free her from the marriage.

Few years back, in one local church, the Pastor asked all the widows in that church to stand up for recognition and prayers. One of the sisters who was sitting with the husband also stood up. The husband was surprised and called the attention of the wife to the fact that the Pastor asked only widows to stand up. The wife shrugged him aside and said that she heard the Pastor very well and told the husband to his face that he is a living dead.

In another development, a sister after a heated argument with husband wished the husband dead and prayed that he be carried away by the dare devil kidnappers.

In another scenario, a brother cursed the day he married the wife and later disappeared, abandoning the wife and relocated to another town.

Why should somebody wish his or her marriage partner dead, l am just wondering.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2010
thats what happens when people marry for the wrong reasons or pretend to be someone they are not, just to get married. . . . . . . they eventually get so fed up of their partner, hate that person's gut and couldnt care less if that person would die instantly.
thats 9ja for you when people who have absolutely NO TRUST/RESPECT/CARE for one another, get married!
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by invisible2(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

thats what happens when people marry for the wrong reasons or pretend to be someone they are not, just to get married. . . . . . . they eventually get so fed up of their partner, hate that person's gut and couldnt care less if that person would die instantly.
thats 9ja for you when people who have absolutely NO TRUST/RESPECT/CARE for one another, get married!
The last sentence is wrong, 9ja marrages have a more success rate tthan that of other countries. There is more love in naija, only a few breakups.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^^LOVE?! do they even know the definition of the word?!
bro, most people in 9ja marry for the wrong reasons and have absolutely NO CLUE on what being married means.

POVERTY, IGNORANCE, SUGARDADDYISM, EGO and RELIGION are just a few of the problem with marriage in 9ja!
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2010
invisible!:

The last sentence is wrong, 9ja marrages have a more success rate tthan that of other countries. There is more love in naija, only a few breakups.

People stay in Nigerian marriages for a lot of reason and I can tell you that love is NOT one of them! undecided
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by Igwe9(m): 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
The word change is inevitable in life, having said this, people wish their partners dead as that is the only way out according to the marital vows.

For those ruling out love as the main reason in most of our marriages should understand that love itself is dynamic and is capable of fading/ waxing with time.

I also in support of what mr.invisible! said about naija marriages, due to the practice of the extended family system in Nigeria, our people most time resort to the family members who help them in most cases, beside that, the increasing rate of unemployment resulting to the increasing number of the gossip superhighway, every family would love to deal with their problems than making it public.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by tpiah: 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2010
good question @ topic especially considering the track record we keep seeing abroad.

spouses are indeed ending up dead.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by zayhal(f): 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2010
I've heard of someone telling her husband that if he dare taking a second wife or engaging in extra marital affair, she'll kill him and the woman involved. She said it with so much conviction, i fear for the man.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by tpiah: 8:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^are you the mistress involved?
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by zayhal(f): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

^^are you the mistress involved?

No. The man's relative. tongue Typical of you to ask such.

And besides, I wouldn't have[b] heard[/b] it if I was the mistress. I said I heard it. 3 of us were chatting when she said it.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by tpiah: 1:40am On Oct 03, 2010
^^i wonder why the wife would say such a thing in your presence.

didnt she know you were related to him?
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by Busybody2(f): 2:11am On Oct 03, 2010
zayhal:

I've heard of someone telling her husband that if he dare taking a second wife or engaging in extra marital affair, she'll kill him and the woman involved. She said it with so much conviction, i fear for the man.

I will say that too, and since you are there too, i will end it with "Dearest Husband, i am not joking, zayhal is my witness, you have been warned" cheesy

Tpia, where una dissappear to shocked i have missed you gan ni mon sweetie cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by zayhal(f): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2010
tpiah:

^^i wonder why the wife would say such a thing in your presence.

didnt she know you were related to him?

I wonder too. In fact when I told her she was going overboard to have said such, she accused me of supporting my brother.

But really, I don't think it's worth it. why should I talk about killing someone I call my spouse for whatever reason? I'd rather talk about taking a walk than wishing him dead.
Busy_body:

I will say that too, and since you are there too, i will end it with "Dearest Husband, i am not joking, zayhal is my witness, you have been warned" cheesy

Tpia, where una dissappear to shocked i have missed you gan ni mon sweetie cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg don't say that o. Some people are very sensitive about such things. An elderly friend was telling me recently when I discussed this with her that her brother's fiancee said something similar, about killing the guy if she saw him with any girl, and the guy quitted the relationship instantly. Even though wedding plans were in progress.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by Busybody2(f): 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2010
Hee he he, afterall we don marry na, he wouldn't dismarry me because of that jare tongue Just kidding oh cheesy
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by tpiah: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2010
Busy_body:

i dey oh.

nigeria wahala wants to finish me but for God.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by tpiah: 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2010
zayhal:

I wonder too. In fact when I told her she was going overboard to have said such, she accused me of supporting my brother.

But really, I don't think it's worth it. why should I talk about killing someone I call my spouse for whatever reason? I'd rather talk about taking a walk than wishing him dead.
Abeg don't say that o. Some people are very sensitive about such things. An elderly friend was telling me recently when I discussed this with her that her brother's fiancee said something similar, about killing the guy if she saw him with any girl, and the guy quitted the relationship instantly. Even though wedding plans were in progress.

quite weird.

never heard the like.

are you nigerian?  because in a country where polygamy and extramarital affairs are the order of the day, men would only be about 10% of population if these threats were reality.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2010
zayhal:

would you rather that the gal kept quiet and just kill the man without warning when he brings a second wifey home?!
people should be honest with what they want in life and every partner should know what their spouse/gf wishes are.if having a concubine is the ultimate sin in the eyes of this wifey then she has ALL THE RIGHTS to say it.

if the husband doesnt like it then he can either NOT take a second wife or divorce her. why should any of them "lower" themselves to their partners wishes?!

as for the guy who ran when a gal said that, typical 9ja mentality to think that it would have been better to be married and miserable than single and happy.
Re: Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. by sms4health: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
Some things we we will never understand.

Why are some people evil? Why are there pedophiles, rapists etc

Why is there sadness in this world?

There are some things that have no rhyme or reason

(1) (Reply)

Parents - Spending On Kids / Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k / What Type Of Insecticide Do You Use In Your Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.