Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k (1546 Views)

Is It Possible To Raise A Child Without Beating / Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria / Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by giddy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
I've been wondering how comfortable it is to be put in a family way wit a net income of 65k considering the issue of weddin, childbearing, paying of school fees nd ofcourse, d most important, provision of food. Please house I wanna share in ur experiences nd thoughts
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by mgbeketoto: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Yes!
But you will have to do so UNDER A BRIDGE! kiss
ANY bridge will suffice! kiss

River Nile. . .
River Niger. . .
River Senegal. . .
River Congo. . .
River OranGEEEE. . .
River Limpopo. . .

River ZAMBEZI. . . kpa kpa. . .!!!

ANY WHERE IN AFRICA ONLY!!!

Just pick one! grin

1 Like

Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by baby124: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hope your wife to be is working. And if at all, limit yourselves to one child till both incomes are over 300k a month. If your wife to be is not working, wait until she gets a job or business. Too much poverty in the country. Your unborn kids dont deserve this.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by markjoshua(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Marry a wkin class patner and tins will go very smoothly.with that amount Ɣφυ can be con4tabl if U̶̲̥̅ simplify your life if U̶̲̥̅ don't simplify your life,wit 6m monthly U̶̲̥̅ won't be con4tabl

1 Like

Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by Bawss1(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
Here we go again.

The annual NL can "I raise a family with [insert low figure here]? " question.

Why do people like to perpetuate in poverty?
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by zhukafa(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
You can, depending on the city you leave. The important thing is just being hardworking .

2 Likes

Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
You can raise a family in your village where you would earn 65k and go to farm daily to plant kpaki to eat

Or else you would just turn yourself into a nuisance in the society
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by bc4love(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
It's even too much to consider for a start to raise a family. Start it first, be faithful with it and see if God will not double it for you. It worked for me with even 40k in 2010, but now the rest is history.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by juman(m): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
65k is enough in any where in nigeria, just have to cut your cloth according to your size.

But one has to bear in mind that one would not be very comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by MrMcJay(m): 12:38am On Jul 13, 2013
juman: 65k is enough in any where in nigeria, just have to cut your cloth according to your size.

But one has to bear in mind that one would not be very comfortable.

Please tell me the chainsaw he will use to cut his cloth according to his size if he lives in Ikorodu and works in Victoria Island. OP, wait a little and increase your income before you start a family. Verily I say unto you, cerelac and garri no be the same price.

1 Like

Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 13, 2013
He can surely do that.everybody don't hv to start big.some don't earn up to that in a month and r still comfortable.an average civil servant in naija earns just below that.
Op,if u know how to spend wisely and ur wife knows how to manage well,u can still safe from it.
Assumin wifey is idle,u can now use d savings and start up somethin for her.
D koko here is workin hard and good mgt plus saving well and good planning.
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by EfemenaXY: 9:01am On Jul 13, 2013
^^ Very true. smiley
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by Bawss1(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2013
bc4love: It's even too much to consider for a start to raise a family. Start it first, be faithful with it and see if God will not double it for you. It worked for me with even 40k in 2010, but now the rest is history.

Don't mislead the lad will you. You will be very far away in Nairaland when the financial demands of family life will kick in for him.

Of course the OP can proceed with his 65K if he has set low standards for him and his family.

1 Like

Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by WavesOfGlory(m): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
I believe u can. But this may be easier based on 2 factors:
- Ur wife... And her earning and spending habits.
- Where u live.
And do not forget to pay ur tithe o! God will bless the works of ur hands.
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by Okijajuju1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
65'k net... Hmmm.. Wats the gross? This will determine my advice.

However, going solely on 65'k, I suggest you stay away from raising a family. Especially if you would be the sole income earner for the family. This advice is coming solely on the back of quality of life. You need to first start up a solid business that wil serve as an alternate sour of money. Here is a simple break down;

The average cost of housing today (a 2-Bedroom) is - 300,000 in a barely decent environment o! School fees in a fairly decent school is from 25'k and above. Average feeding cost will range around 25'k per month. Clothing, and other miscellaneous costs have not been factored in..

My candid advice is stay away from marriage for now, let alone raising a family.. You don't want to make your struggle harder than it already is.

This advice does not apply If your wife works or you have another sizeable income elsewhere..
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by EfemenaXY: 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
@All, sorry but I've just got to ask this: Is this N65K per month or N65K per year being discussed here??
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by degurl(f): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
It majorly depends on your location. In places like Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt and other big cities, it will be very very difficult except your wife has a fairly good job. House rent and transportation alone is enough to drain that 65k.
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by jmoore(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2013
65,000 naira per month will be okay. But 65,000 naira per year, don't try it
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by Bawss1(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2013
65K/year is an outright joke.

Not sure if you guys are serious.
Re: Can One Raise A Family With A Net Income Of 65k by EfemenaXY: 9:46am On Jul 14, 2013
N65K per year?

To start a family? How much is a sack of garri? Rice? Or a 900g tin of SMA?

Living arrangements nko?

Mtcheew. Poverty levels redefined.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Leaving My Three Year Old In Other People's Care Terrifies Me. Is This Normal? / Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent / My 18 Years Old Second Cousin Still Urinates On Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.