Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) (1977 Views)

The Birth Of A Woman's God - A Short Parody / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 10:19am On Jun 06, 2019
I want to update a short story that will lead to a major story... This is more like an intro to the major work...

Can I have readers? If I don't get readers then there would be no need posting....

Like My Page www.facebook.com/dwcreativewriting

Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by KristaPretty(f): 10:25am On Jun 06, 2019
No need posting.
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2019
KristaPretty:
No need posting.
Okay no problem... I wont
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
So No Readers? Okay Then
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by Tridroid(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
ride on bro we are waiting for updates
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
THE BIRTH OF ERIC KANE

It was passed 9am and Nonso was still in bed, partly awake and partly asleep, or put it that he felt too reluctant to get on his feet. Shade entered the room to see him hugging the pillow like a man with a new wife

“You are still sleeping?” she said as she walked closer to the bed, he turns over and lies on his stomach then covered his head with the pillow. Shade jumped on the bed, got on his back and forcefully takes of the pillow and hits it on his head

“Wake...up... lazy... boy” she stroke him with each word she said

“Oh God you have started again” he protested trying to grab another pillow but Shade quickly threw all the pillows to the floor

“Don’t tell me you are still getting over last night” she said and he turned, prompting her to get up from his back

“What do you mean by getting over” he said

“Ask goggle... for your information the current bedmatics scores is 3-0 I’m still on the lead” she said then got up from the bed“What?! You are dreaming... I went two rounds last night” he gesticulated showing her two fingers

“I requested 3, duh!!!“ she mocked as she walked to the door

“I dealt with you two nights ago” he boasted

“Liar... anyway the scores remains 3-0”

“You will see what will happen tonight” he said

“Hmmm... you wish” she opened the door

“Naughty girl” he said as she left

“Bad boy” she replied and shut the door... Nonso got into the bathroom...

“Mummy!” a young voice called

“yes honey” she replied as she walked downstairs to the dining table to meet her 3 years old son Eric standing on the dining table chair

“Mummy where is my tea” he requested

“Its right here honey” she grabbed the flask and poured some tea in his cup, he then sat down, she puts some slice bread in a plate for him with fried eggs

Not long, Nonso came downstairs and moved to the dinning table, he kissed Shade

“Eric my boy”

“Daddy Good morning” Eric said

“Good morning”

“How are you today” Eric asked

“Fine sir” Nonso replied, Shade smiled

“And your night?” Eric added

“Very well sir, thank you” Nonso replied

“Daddy? Are we still going to the cinema tonight” he asked

“Of cause” Nonso said; Nonso ate his food in a hurry then left for the office...

Eniola pushed her old self, she managed to get out the hut; the environment is surrounded by bushes but some distance away the movement of cars can be heard from the express. She adjusted her walking stick which glowed in its black appearance like it was polished, she tried adjusting her tired bones but it seemed most the bones on her waist were already bonded together like rock, she walked towards a plant in her small compound, it was a unique plant or should I say a unique tree; this tree was nothing more than 3 feet tall, fully matured and way over a thousand years old, there was no force on earth good enough to up root it.

She looked at the tree a while then suddenly all the green leaves turned black except one which instantly became red, suddenly all the black leaves fall off except one black leaf close to the red leaf; Eniola’s facial expression suddenly became surprise

“KANE! Is this real?” she asked no one, she then gathered all the black fallen leaves on the ground

“Daughters of Kane! Your passing away is not the end, as the universe expands so shall our eternal life be endless” she said in her cracked old voice

“Ascend with rejoicing and righteousness for a man Kane is born unto us” she said and immediately the leaves levitated and all ascended up into the sky and out of sight, she then turned and walked away with her walking stick supporting her.

Nonso and his wife Shade and their son were returning from the cinema, it was past 10pm and the lanes were empty and dark, there were street lamps but all of them were damaged. Nonso drove fast as the powerful beam of light from his car brightened his path

“Don’t you think you are going too fast?” Shade said

“No I’m not” he said

“I think you are” she said; the little boy sat quietly eating ice cream and looking at his parents

“And how was that movie?” Nonso asked

“it was lovely” she replied

“It wasn’t abeg... they didn’t give me what I expected” he said

“And what were you expecting” she asked

“better complex action, the romance was dull” he said

“Are you sure we watched the same movie” she asked looking puzzled

“No, I guess I was watching the back of the screen” he said

“I thought as much” she said and he laughed lightly; he slowed down and parked beside the dark bush

“Why are you stopping” she asked

“I want to kidnap you” he said smiling

“Very funny” she said with a straight face, he laughed and walked out the car to the bush to pee

“Can you be fast please... I don’t like it here” she said, he got back in the car and drove off

“Fear! Fear!” he said

“Why wouldn’t I be scared, besides my baby is in the car” she said referring to Eric at the back seat

“My boy is a strong man like his father” Nonso said

“I see... can you fight?” she asked

“Why not” he said confidently

“Hmmm, I only know you to be a fighter in bed” she said

“So now you are admitting... wait till we get home” he said

“Don’t corrupt my boy please” she said.

They saw flashes of light ahead

“So this police people are still here” he said as he slowed down at the signal of the police officer on the road

“They are only doing their jobs” she said

“Job my foot” he said as he approached and stopped at the check point

There were four police men with guns, one sat on a bench, two others roamed about with flash lights, the last one walked to Nonso

“Good evening” Nonso said

“Where you dey come from?” the officer asked as he flashed the light in the car

“We are coming from the cinema” Nonso said; the police man flashed the light on their faces

“Why are you flashing light like that?” Nonso protested

“Who be this people with you” he asked

“What kind of question is that?” Nonso asked angrily

“Oga show for here ooo... this man no won answer question” the officer said

“What is the meaning of this” Nonso said; another officer walked to him

“Why you no won answer question” he asked Nonso

“Why would he ask me such annoying question” Nonso said

“I said who are these people in your car... Don’t provoke me ooo!” the first officer said

“This is my wife and son” Nonso said

“Where are your particulars” the second asked; Nonso opened the glove compartment and pulled out all the documents and handed it to them, they looked at it then handed it back to him

“Open your booth” the first said

“What is the problem with you people”

“Come on open your booth” the second ordered; Nonso pushed a button in the car then stepped down from the car and walked to the back and opened the booth for them to see, they both looked to see a spare car tyre

“You sure say na car tyre be this?” the first said touching the tyre, Nonso hissed

“Please remove your hand let me close this booth” Nonso said

“Are you trying to stop me from doing my job?” the officer protested

“No?” Nonso said

“Oya find us something” the second said

“I don’t have anything for you” Nonso said

“You have to drop something” the first said

“Are you going to force me? Or are you now into robbing people”

The first officer immediately slapped Nonso

1 Like

Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by KristaPretty(f): 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
So now you post wetin you gain? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
Tridroid:
ride on bro we are waiting for updates
i Updated This Because Of You... I Will Be Waiting For Reactions In Other To Continue
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
KristaPretty:
So now you post wetin you gain? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
but You Read It
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by Tridroid(m): 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
IamPlato:
i Updated This Because Of You... I Will Be Waiting For Reactions In Other To Continue

ride on bro super interesting
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by lilianofentse(f): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
@iamplato

Following
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
lilianofentse:
@iamplato
Following
Updates Coming Soon For You My Love smiley
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by Amatarasha(f): 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
IamPlato:
I want to update a short story that will lead to a major story... This is more like an intro to the major work...

Can I have readers? If I don't get readers then there would be no need posting....

Like My Page www.facebook.com/dwcreativewriting
danny walker i dey ur back!
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 9:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
Tridroid:

ride on bro super interesting
Updated
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
lilianofentse:
@iamplato
Following
UPDATED
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by Amatarasha(f): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
KristaPretty:
continue iamplato ,is a super novel

1 Like

Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by greatlinda(f): 1:37am On Jun 07, 2019
Update pls....
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by Eze2000(m): 4:02am On Jun 07, 2019
The king is here!!! All bow low!!!

@iamplato

Nice story. You've got talent alright but I must say, some polish is needed. For one thing, this story may fly here, it being free, but if published, it will not sell much because it lacks that touch of reality. It is so apparent, particularly in the way you jump from scene to scene. For example, your opening chapter sounds more like a play.

Do not write as you think it, write as you live it. Write like you are in it. It is the only way to turn your imagination into reality and then people will read your story and forget to breathe, their heart will beat fast and they cannot sleep from thinking of it.

And you use too many words where a few will do, Jeze!

Once you can make these adjustments, you will not need to beg anyone to read what you write. You fans will find you and disturb your life. People you do not know will know you well.

As Nlanders would say., more ink to your pen.

***Oh, and I would like to ask you a few questions about your cover designs later. From the little I have seen, you are quite amazing in that area.

2 Likes

Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
Eze2000:

@iamplato

Nice story. You've got talent alright but I must say, some polish is needed. For one thing, this story may fly here, it being free, but if published, it will not sell much because it lacks that touch of reality. It is so apparent, particularly in the way you jump from scene to scene. For example, your opening chapter sounds more like a play.

Do not write as you think it, write as you live it. Write like you are in it. It is the only way to turn your imagination into reality and then people will read your story and forget to breathe, their heart will beat fast and they cannot sleep from thinking of it.

Once you can make these adjustments, you will not need to beg anyone to read what you write. You fans will find you and disturb your life. People you do not know will know you well.

***Oh, and I would like to ask you a few questions about your cover designs later. From the little I have seen, you are quite amazing in that area.
thanks for the correction... Although this is not the major story.... It's just more like an intro to the major work which I am still working on
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
Eze2000:

@iamplato

There are no major explanations here... Just keeping the mystery
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by Eze2000(m): 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
IamPlato:
thanks for the correction... Although this is not the major story.... It's just more like an intro to the major work which I am still working on

Understood and you are welcome.

In all you do, remember, selling on okadabooks will being you money to buy more data only. On the other hand, Amazon will bring money to pay bulls and buy a car.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
Eze2000:

Understood and you are welcome.

In all you do, remember, selling on okadabooks will being you money to buy more data only. On the other hand, Amazon will bring money to pay bulls and buy a car.

Good luck!
Lol... Thanks
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2019
Amatarasha:
continue iamplato ,is a super novel
updated
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
greatlinda:
Update pls....
updated
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
Lalasticlala... Can we hit front page
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by OlufemiWhit(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
IamPlato:
really.....just continue writing bro...kudos
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by IamPlato(m): 12:10am On Jun 08, 2019
OlufemiWhit:
really.....just continue writing bro...kudos
the major story is not out yet bro
Re: The Birth Of Eric Kane (SHORT STORY) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:24am On Jun 08, 2019
IamPlato:

No. You cannot. The story is not intriguing enough.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must Read: My First Real Taste Of Pussy / Kamsi - Episode 1. A Short Story Series. / My Life In Hilton High School- Episode 4-8 (e-books/story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.