Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos (35865 Views)

Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road / Middle East-bound Cargo Ship Capsizes With 4,200 Hyundai And Kia Cars On Board / Homosexuality: Nigerians Now Top Asylum Seekers In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
Rolings:

Kano: international airport
Largest gold market in WA
Largest textile market in WA
National truck manufacturers (trucks and tricycles)
the international airport was put there by the federal government as to balance the northern and southern ones so that it won't look fair to the north to have only international airport in Lagos(southern Nigeria).

Benin has the largest palm oil not just in west Africa but Africa as a whole, Malaysia Economy was started because of it.

Benin has largest bitumen, ask dangote and rabiu killing themselves over it.

Benin has the largest rubber in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Bombolistic: 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
Fake pictures, fake news

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by TSRC: 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
Rolings:

Yes IMO people are highly educated but the richest Ibomen aren't from IMO, they are mainly from anambra and Abia....the level of commerce in Kano dwarfs your PH. D collections and that's the point, Kano needs and import more containers than Imo
The commerce you have is artisanal.
Yes, it will bring money but it won't solve the real problem of the north- Lack of Education.

It is education that kills mass poverty and insecurity, not money.
Imo is peaceful and civilized, not because of money, but because of education.
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Btruth: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Thanks
You guys are doing.a great job. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Raalsalghul: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
AutoReportNG:

As at Feb., FG bought 25 new wagons from China, these will supplement the existing ones
Time will tell!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by ADMAF(m): 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Johnnyessence:
lol Railway Station has been conveying trucks since Gej era.
Bombolistic:
Fake pictures, fake news

Hmmn, Na dem grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
If you need to move trucks and containers away from the Ports to any terminal in Lagos through the waterways, via Barges and Tugboats, for onward trucking to other locations within the country, talk to me.

If you have exports that need accelerated access to the Ports through the waterways, talk to me. Your containers doesn't need to stay in the traffic congestion for weeks/months.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by olajizz01(m): 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

We Muslims must always say the truth

Buhari has failed woefully
You Biafrau.d are just so desperate pigs,always sad whenever cheering news pop up about Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by FemiMaduka(m): 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
adekolaelect:
Damaged brain wailer sported

You are actually the ignorant one here (including the guys that cheered you). What he said is right. About six years ago, I personally saw a train at the Jebba station (Kwara State) conveying stacks of empty 40ft containers towards the South (from up North). I even engaged the driver and some others in a chat (because they stopped over in Jebba) and the junior shunting guys spoke of the arrival of 'computerized' locomotives at the port in Lagos. It was not long before they moved off. The locomotive had 'Dame Patience Jonathan' inscribed on it. Earlier in that month, a non-passenger train conveying wheat (or so) had derailed at high speed very near to the Jebba station (from the approach at the paper mill axis).

The guy is right; you are wrong.

P.S.: I won't argue with you over what I am sure of.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
ADMAF:

Hmmn, Na dem grin grin
Na dem jare.
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by laudate: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
FemiMaduka:
You are actually the ignorant one here (including the guys that cheered you). What he said is right. About six years ago, I personally saw a train at the Jebba station (Kwara State) conveying stacks of empty 40ft containers towards the South (from up North). I even engaged the driver and some others in a chat (because they stopped over in Jebba) and the junior shunting guys spoke of the arrival of 'computerized' locomotives at the port in Lagos. It was not long before they moved off. The locomotive had 'Dame Patience Jonathan' inscribed on it. Earlier in that month, a non-passenger train conveying wheat (or so) had derailed at high speed very near to the Jebba station (from the approach at the paper mill axis).

Thank you for educating the clueless, my brother. A lot of people argue about what they do not know or what they lack info on. When Buhari and his team were campaigning in 2012, they took train rides to different destinations in the southwest.

In 2010, the Lagos to Otta rail line was revived and it has been in operation since then carrying passengers and cargo.

“From December 2010, Lagos District passenger trains have been increased from six to eleven daily using the recently rehabilitated up mainline.

“The first and second trains leave Ijoko and Agbado simultaneously by 5.30am to arrive Iddo by 6.45am/7.34am.

“Another one leaves Ijoko by 6.20am and arrives Iddo at 7.56am while two more trains leave Ijoko by 10.20am and 2.20pm to arrive at 11.56am and 3.56pm respectively and from Iddo, five other trains depart from Iddo at 8.00am, 12noon, 4.15pm, 5pm, 6pm and 7pm accordingly and each arrive Ijoko within a transit period of one hour, twenty minutes.”

Another observation on the train is that all kind of people are found in the coaches, from the low class to the highly placed, everyone in their own world and looking forward to getting to their respective destinations. https://www.cometonigeria.com/news/nigerian-railway-system-is-back-on-track/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by biztip: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
good development. if buhari has been doing like this in many sectors I won't be criticizing him d way I do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by michoim(m): 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
Simply great...we are reviving infrastructurally as a nation
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by adem30: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
Johnnyessence:
To your family house I guess
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
adem30:
To your family house I guess
I have seen series of trains carrying trucks, goods and other valuable things during Gej era. so this is not the first time. Autojosh is just doing it to have some favours in hyprocrite buhari government.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by seguno2: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2019
adekolaelect:
Damaged brain wailer sported

Did he tell a lie
If you don’t know just waka pass let those who know engage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by seguno2: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
Realdeals:

Very true, I don't know why people celebrate mediocrity. GEJ rehabilitate the narrow gauge rail line being used to convey the cargo, Lafarge has been using the train since then to transport Elephant cement to the north.

Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by seguno2: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
9jaRealist:

In Nigeria, planning is easy but implementation hard...
Thank you Buhari/APC for implementing PDP’s masterplans. grin grin grin
>

Continuing is more appropriate in this circumstance.
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by seguno2: 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Thanks for your eyewitness account. It is a pity that Jonathan and PDP did not have people like the OP to share information massively as he is doing now. That is part of what brought the Buhari failure upon us. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by FriendNG: 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:
the international airport was put there by the federal government as to balance the northern and southern ones so that it won't look fair to the north to have only international airport in Lagos(southern Nigeria).

Benin has the largest palm oil not just in west Africa but Africa as a whole, Malaysia Economy was started because of it.

Benin has largest bitumen, ask dangote and rabiu killing themselves over it.

Benin has the largest rubber in Nigeria.

You're ignorant. Kano airport is the first airport in Nigeria. Even that of Lagos comes after.
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by ubox: 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Is this a picture from the old west?

Looks like the train that brought the first immigrants into Texas.

When other countries are using speed trains and Dem fancy shii... Na to embezzle millions and billions and then throw in scraps for us to forget.

Nigeria is better than this nonsense.. Spits
Bullet trains to convey cargo??
In which country bruh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by baratech: 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
Congrats
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Kingspin(m): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Noise makers... You achieve nothing till tomorrow
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Dagger111(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The Federal Government of Nigeria for the very first time may seem to be taking the railway sector very seriously and this time around, leaving no stones unturned to eradicate the menace of the trucks on Lagos roads and across the country.

Last year, the former minister of transportation, Mr. Rotimi Ameachi said the federal government has procured some rail wagons which will be used to for the trucks and containers across the country. The Narrow-Gauge is the old line which currently runs between Lagos-Kano.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-bpNdU0MsneA/XPjjl1iYnWI/AAAAAAAAcNI/5I5J9gubhio3UOUTxElGy7rHJ07M15hYQCLcBGAs/s1600/Nigeria_Railway_Cargo_006_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

AutoReportNG was in Ebute-Metta of the Nigeria Railway Cooperation to access and inspect the level of works being done at this compound and one of the things that caught our attention is that the NRC has started using the rail to transport containers to other parts of the country. From our assessment, the containers are coming from Kaduna and they are already in Lagos in less than 4 days.

We also noticed that the new wagons were being used which is an indication that they started work not long as speculated.

It will be recalled that the Kaduna Dry Port was commissioned in April to help reduce the pressure on Lagos Seaport and also to decentralize their activities, Ibadan Dry Port is under construction and will be ready for use before September.

With this singular act of using the rail for our cargo, Nigerians can move around freely especially Lagosians as the road will be free and traffic will reduce. It will be on record that the Federal Government has issued a presidential order that all trucks and trailers along Lagos roads should be evacuated, so far the order has received 85% compliance with some of the trucks still seen in areas like Apapa, Ijora-7up, Mile 2 among others.

These are some of the images AutoReportNG got for you exclusive from the NRC Ebute-Metta Compound.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-XAdRiT3g6VE/XPjjlyIx1LI/AAAAAAAAcNE/fO1KPaI4h2Es99RlVd9EDGc8o-HSIWo4QCLcBGAs/s1600/Nigeria_Railway_Cargo_005_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Q9lDcjwWI88/XPjjmrTKRnI/AAAAAAAAcNM/mLUvO7Zd_IoxPqmObVCbP2S_IKzkcwW7ACLcBGAs/s1600/Nigeria_Railway_Cargo_007_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-F6Rl5yeQUhY/XPjjnlcGRvI/AAAAAAAAcNY/agWHYWdvsgsYvKrNeEopJkbZfInuHZvZACLcBGAs/s1600/Nigeria_Railway_Cargo_010_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ULIRRnl8c0c/XPjjpv7DtTI/AAAAAAAAcNw/rl2q4hIrOewzm-4kRNCN5DhqePQTJUIXgCLcBGAs/s1600/Nigeria_Railway_Cargo_016_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-XAdRiT3g6VE/XPjjlyIx1LI/AAAAAAAAcNE/fO1KPaI4h2Es99RlVd9EDGc8o-HSIWo4QCLcBGAs/s1600/Nigeria_Railway_Cargo_005_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/06/nigeria-now-transport-cargoes-trucks.html

Hope all these won't be hijacked by some hoodlums? Adequate security is needed ASAP.
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
More of this
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Hydronium(m): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nice though.

See my sig
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
They had better....

Who born hijackers....except they want their brains crushed....trains stop for no one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by kolaaderin: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
vicfajeze:
RELIEF FOR WHERE,BOKO HARAM GO SOON SCATTER EVERYTHING

Are you a member of Boko Haram. is that your next plan ? Unpatriotic arssss hooole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Johnnyessence:
I have seen series of trains carrying trucks, goods and other valuable things during Gej era. so this is not the first time. Autojosh is just doing it to have some favours in hyprocrite buhari government.
Autojush? No wonder you were ealier called Damaged brain wailer
Re: Nigerians Now Transport Cargo, Trucks Using Rails - Photos by 77up(m): 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2019
Johnnyessence:
wailer grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1st Class Graduate, FULAA Alumni, Others Die In Car Crash / Lord’s Chosen Church Bus Crashes Into Coca-Cola Depot In Imo, 5 Dead / Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.