Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,048 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) (50726 Views)

8 Killed, 12 Severely Injured In The Accidents On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / 12 Ways To Avoid Causing Accidents On The Third-mainland Bridge / Multiple Accidents On Adeniran Ogunsanya Road Surulere – See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) by hardbody: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2019
thebigkendo:

Speed limit on 3mb is actually 80kmh

It will be nice to see proof of this sir. Of course if you mean for a certain category of vehicles, I may easily agree, but regular saloon cars?
Re: Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) by thebigkendo(m): 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
hardbody:

It will be nice to see proof of this sir. Of course if you mean for a certain category of vehicles, I may easily agree, but regular saloon cars?

There is a speed limit signage after iyana oworo inbound 3mb..
Re: Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) by hardbody: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
thebigkendo:

There is a speed limit signage after iyana oworo inbound 3mb..

Ok. I will check it up. Doesn't mean I will obey tho
Re: Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) by thebigkendo(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
hardbody:

Ok. I will check it up. Doesn't mean I will obey tho

Me i never go over 60km/h tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2019
hardbody:

You know thebigkendo is right and here is the proof you asked for?

In case you want the source - https://www.facebook.com/FRSCNigeria/photos/speed-limits-for-different-vehiclesdifferent-vehicles-are-required-by-law-to-kee/10156520016337017/

This is also a 2016 article stating the fact - https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/frsc-pegs-speed-limit-trucks-cars/

You can also do yourself some good by getting "Nigeria Highway Code - Revised Nigerian Highway Code 2016"

In case you are wondering, Third Mainland is classified as "HIGHWAY" not Express Way. The Nigeria Highway Code book would help you alot.

If you are observant, it is also well stated on the road track in White. Each track has a speed limit imprint on it at each entrance and exit on the bridge.

Stay Safe, Life is Fun, don't rush it grin grin grin

Re: Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
Officialgarri:
Do cars actually move at 100km/h with such traffic?

If there's no speed limit on that bridge, I believe the maximum speed is 100km/h. Any vehicle moving within that limit did not over speed

hardbody:
I agree with you completely. A thing less than 100km/hr will be inviting another form of accident. It's an expressway and not a side street or beaten track

At the highlighted.
1. Depending on the time you find yourself on the bridge, during weekday before 6am, you have less traffic with enough race track to test your driving capacity when it comes to speed you can handle. You can also try driving on Saturday or Sunday with little or no traffic.

2. The speed limit is actuallly 80km/h for sedan and low for other cars.

3. Third Mainland Bridge is an Highway not Express Way sir.
Re: Why There Is Always Accidents On Third-mainland Bridge (see PHOTOS) by hardbody: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2019
TheCar:

You know thebigkendo is right and here is the proof you asked for?

In case you want the source - https://www.facebook.com/FRSCNigeria/photos/speed-limits-for-different-vehiclesdifferent-vehicles-are-required-by-law-to-kee/10156520016337017/

This is also a 2016 article stating the fact - https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/frsc-pegs-speed-limit-trucks-cars/

You can also do yourself some good by getting "Nigeria Highway Code - Revised Nigerian Highway Code 2016"

In case you are wondering, Third Mainland is classified as "HIGHWAY" not Express Way. The Nigeria Highway Code book would help you alot.

If you are observant, it is also well stated on the road track in White. Each track has a speed limit imprint on it at each entrance and exit on the bridge.

Stay Safe, Life is Fun, don't rush it grin grin grin

I give up. Sincerely. Thanks @y'all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Washes Away Bridge In Imo, FUTO Students, Road Users Stranded (Photos) / Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) / BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.