Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation (32297 Views)

NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription / FG Lodges Complaint Over Live Sex On Bbnaija With NBC / AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by luluosas(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
AIT still airing right now. Which kin suspension be this
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by frowland(m): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry
This is coming just a few hours after Dokpesi screamed that AIT & RAYPOWER are being victimised by the government? Well, what do I know

Bubu's second term promises to be an interesting one grin

Because he knows beforehand. You must be a mor0n to think that a man like Raymond won't know a ban is imminent.
ManCity knows they will be banned in few days time and they have constituted an appeal panel sharply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by ehissi(m): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

They weren't suspended for being partisan.

The NBC sent Daar Communications a letter that contains all the rules that were violated by Kaakaki Social. It has nothing to do with APC or PDP.

The broadcasting code has rules that prohibit the use of inciting material that can lead to public unrest. AIT allegedly broke these rules on several occasions when they broadcast material about Niger Delta militants and Fulani herdsmen

Television continental has done worst but I dont see no letter for them and their license is intact.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Lovelyn451(f): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
this is wrong...u don't just wakeup and stop a private organisation from working

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by naptu2: 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
ehissi:

Television continental has done worst but I dont see no letter for them and their license is intact.......

That was in March.

The NBC sent warning letters to TVC, Channels Television and AIT in March. Apparently the others complied and AIT didn't.

https://www.nairaland.com/4993510/nbc-sanctions-nta-ait-channels

https://www.nairaland.com/5054472/breaking-nbc-sanctions-tvc-channels

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Ategberoson(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
TheTourist:
AND WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH? OR HAS THE CONSTITUTION BEEN AMENDED?

HOW MANY OPPOSITION MEDIA HOUSES DID GEJ CLOSE DOWN EVEN WHEN ALOT OF DIVISIVENESS WAS PREACHED DURING HIS TENURES....

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! I WON'T JOIN FORCES WITH YOU...

QUOTE ME AGAIN WHEN YOU'VE WATCHED CNN FOR ONE HOUR. Bye for now.

which CNN are you talking about, is it the same CNN? have you ever watch CNN airing racism btw black American and the white before?

beside the political principles that guide each country varies, practising the same Democratic system of govt doesn't translate to exercising it in the same way

AIT according to the report had been sent a notice and warning which is the Democratic way of curtailing AIT abuse of NBC rules. if American broadcasting television regulations want CNN to be banned is up to them. NBC withdrawn AIT license not federal govt withdraw AIT license. a different scenario here

I'm not a fan of Buhari but I watched both CNN and AIT. Trump likes to be in the news in everything, he's a controversial president and CNN promote much of that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Funmisurge(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
tactius:
To be honest, this is not too funny.

While AIT has been very partisan, and sometimes biased...the truth is, we are running a democracy. We are supposed to have freedom of speech.

On the other hand, the truth also is that some of the content AIT has broadcast...can be used for 'unfortunate ends'.

In 1966, the rebroadcast of some fake news on a government radio station led to the reigniting of pogroms against members of a certain tribe in this country, which eventually provoked the Civil War and led to millions of deaths.

The truth is, NBC suppose ban a lot of people. Not just AIT, not all in the opposition.

In all fairness, AIT has gone astray on the ethics and principle of journalism. Many a times, they allowed themselves to be overwhelmed by partisan politics and overall interest of opposition parties.
Life isn't always given all the desires and needs. One can hardly known that TVC was owned by Tinubu by virtue of the disposition of TVC journalists. A typical example is HANGOUT JOURNALISTS, they would dissect matters arises with fair and just.
Channel TV is another symbol of brocasting outfit. AIT need orientation as regarding twenty first century media practice to enable stay afloat among their peers

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Belial06: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
[s]
ornicus:

poor wretch . this is you on another thread.

small wonder. what an incompetent loser and bum. no wonder you are falling over yourself to suck off dokpesi, the serial with-holder of salaries

i will repeat myself, while some are wailing about the economy, some of us are comfortable and unfortunately overworked. if you happen to move around in circles of the underemployed - sucks to be you. by their friends you shall know them.
[/s]

Again I. Still maintain the facts you will. Never be allowed out of Nigeria !!

Please screen grab this and save it. Mark these words
. All your visa application will be denied, be it for study , work. Or even. Training you will always be singled out and denied..

The hunger and starvation you grew up in will be your portion none of yours will know wealth or sufficient peace cheesy

You will know only frustration and hardships , nothing will work in your favor ... Even in the midst of a civil war you will. Be singled out to be denied asylum or refugee status

You will. Know. Only pain
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by TSRC: 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

The NBC sent Daar Communications a letter that contains all the rules that were violated by Kaakaki Social. It has nothing to do with APC or PDP.

The broadcasting code has rules that prohibit the use of inciting material that can lead to public unrest. AIT allegedly broke these rules on several occasions when they broadcast material about Niger Delta militants and Fulani herdsmen
Mr man, this is nonsense.
Any government can find reasons to crack down on any opposition media.
Any reason.
The difference between a Banana Republic like Nigeria and civilised countries like america where the president is on verbal war with the media is the rule of law.

You cannot do this. It is a slippery slope.

The pdp can come in tomorrow, shut down TVC, for one reason or the other.

The precedence is already there.
How can you not see the danger? Why do you hate your country so much?

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by bmos(m): 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
[quote author=baliyubla post=79084922]The Lifeless Tyrant is out to have the press in his pocket by gagging it, same way he wants a rubber stamp legislator.

READ what had been shown you above and stop your wailing. Codes of conduct had been breached which is punishable
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by TSRC: 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ategberoson:

which CNN are you talking about, is it the same CNN? have you ever watch CNN airing racism btw black American and the white before?

beside the political principles that guide each country varies, practising the same Democratic system of govt doesn't translate to exercising it in the same way

AIT according to the report had been sent a notice and warning which is the Democratic way of curtailing AIT abuse of NBC rules. if American broadcasting television regulations want CNN to be banned is up to them. NBC withdrawn AIT license not federal govt withdraw AIT license. a different scenario here

I'm not a fan of Buhari but I watched both CNN and AIT. Trump likes to be in the news in everything, he's a controversial president and CNN promote much of that
What nonsense.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Again I. Still maintain the facts you will. Never be allowed out of Nigeria !!

Please screen grab this and save it. Mark these words
. All your visa application will be denied, be it for study , work. Or even. Training you will always be singled out and denied..

The hunger and starvation you grew up in will be your portion none of yours will know wealth or sufficient peace

You will know only frustration and hardships , nothing will work in your favor ... Even in the midst of a civil war you will. Be singled out to be denied asylum or refugee status

You will. Know. Only pain

Empty curses of an ignorant buffoon. You think everyone In Nigeria is a struggling job seeker? Keep on cursing and yammering. Your monotone shows your unfortunate circles. Pele. E go beta.

cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Ategberoson(m): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
TSRC:
What nonsense.
a jamb qst
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Dino98: 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

All this one you are talking is long story. We all know this government has been out for DAAR/AIT.

1) the CEO or chairman was harassed by security/government officials not to long ago

2) the destruction of buildings within the DAAR compound

And now this.

Before you reply me....think about this. If this was a pro-APC network, would this happen?? If it was owned by say Tinubu, would this happen?? Just saying.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by TSRC: 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

That was in March.

The NBC sent warning letters to TVC, Channels Television and AIT in March. Apparently the others complied and AIT didn't.

https://www.nairaland.com/4993510/nbc-sanctions-nta-ait-channels

https://www.nairaland.com/5054472/breaking-nbc-sanctions-tvc-channels
Cmon, the federal government have been looking for any excuse to get at AIT.

We are not fools here.
They were banned from aso rock, the Abuja authorities carried out unnecessary demolition inside the daar complex in Abuja.

There were already many things leading up to this.

Why can't your leaders be like Trump.? It is a low bar, but it seems difficult for your incompetent leaders to meet.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by brainhgeek(m): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
Octopusssy:
This is discombobulating! I am flabbergasted!! Flummoxed!!! Confounded!!!!

NBC's decision shows there are no sacred cows in the industry. Essentially, every media house in this geographical expression are merely part of the Hoi Polloi in the scheme of things.

The industry must be cleansed and delivered from the tripartite demons called Fake News, Partisan Politics, and Brown Envelope Journalism.

oyinbo!!! Dinshan ku. Ishan lo pa Bruce Lee (meaning reduce your muscle flexing. Na muscle pull kii Bruce Lee ) �
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by englishman411(m): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
Exit of democracy,entering into dictatorship,i weep for my dear country and it's citizen's for what is about to befall it.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by BarrElChapo(m): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
CNN is a biased opposition to GOP and Trump. The federal government has NTA et al who support them. This government is just ravelling it's agenda for the next four years..
tactius:
To be honest, this is not too funny.

While AIT has been very partisan, and sometimes biased...the truth is, we are running a democracy. We are supposed to have freedom of speech.

On the other hand, the truth also is that some of the content AIT has broadcast...can be used for 'unfortunate ends'.

In 1966, the rebroadcast of some fake news on a government radio station led to the reigniting of pogroms against members of a certain tribe in this country, which eventually provoked the Civil War and led to millions of deaths.

The truth is, NBC suppose ban a lot of people. Not just AIT, not all in the opposition.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by naptu2: 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
TSRC:

Mr man, this is nonsense.
Any government can find reasons to crack down on any opposition media.
Any reason.
The difference between a Banana Republic like Nigeria and civilised countries like america where the president is on verbal war with the media is the rule of law.

You cannot do this. It is a slippery slope.

The pdp can come in tomorrow, shut down TVC, for one reason or the other.

The precedence is already there.
How can you not see the danger? Why do you hate your country so much?

Any government can find reasons to crack down on any opposition media. And any opposition media can also use the fact that it is an opposition media as an excuse to break the rules.

Basically, anybody can say anything and anybody can believe anything.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by TSRC: 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
ehissi:

The pdp would just wait for their own turn, shut down tvc for being a tinubu mouth piece and sell it to dokpesi.
And we can't blame them.

But who loses? Democracy.
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Belial06: 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
ornicus:

Empty curses of an ignorant buffoon. You think everyone In Nigeria is a struggling job seeker? Keep on cursing and yammering. Your monotone shows your unfortunate circles. Pele. E go beta.

cheesy grin

Why do you take some Much time. To. Explain if my courses are empty ? grin

Again I say, you are. Done for, finished ! There is nothing left in you again..
Mark this

You are fine only a body walking around

You will know pain

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Augiiee(m): 10:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
baliyubla:
The Lifeless Tyrant is out to have the press in his pocket by gagging it, same way he wants a rubber stamp legislator.

Once a coupist always a coupist. Nigeria’s democracy won’t survive with Tyrant dullardeen in charge.
How can one be lifeless and at the same time a tyrant? #Your mumu has no bounds
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by TSRC: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

Any government can find reasons to crack down on any opposition media. And any opposition media can also use the fact that it is an opposition media as an excuse to break the rules.

Basically, anybody can say anything.
You cannot shut down a major opposition media.
A lot of burden has to be met.

Your president is setting the wrong precedence for Nigeria.

The most powerful leader in the world is facing an assault of organized media in his own country both fairly and unfairly.
But he can never, ever, attempt to shut them down.

He would be impeached under the fears of tyranny.

Why is buhari taking us backwards.?Is that we elected him to do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by classicalbenson(m): 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
if bubu can browse and read,he for don jail seun and ban nairaland tey tey

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
Belial06:

Why do you take some Much time. To. Explain if my courses are empty ? grin

Again I say, you are. Done for, finished ! There is nothing left in you again..
Mark this

You are fine only a body walking around

You will know pain

unfollowing the loony troll
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Insectkiller: 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
But why is AIT still broadcasting..

I still watch AIT this evening 6/6/2019 at 10pm.

They suppose to have loss signal.. undecided
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by naptu2: 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by TSRC: 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
I fear for the future of this country. I hope apc keeps winning because if pdp gets there, they will go on a vengeful spree they wouldn't have thought possible.

There are no more limits, no more red lines.
Buhari obliterated everything. Destroyed federal character, destroyed sanctity of press.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Skmoda360(m): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Octopusssy:
This is discombobulating! I am flabbergasted!! Flummoxed!!! Confounded!!!!

NBC's decision shows there are no sacred cows in the industry. Essentially, every media house in this geographical expression are merely part of the Hoi Polloi in the scheme of things.

The industry must be cleansed and delivered from the tripartite demons called Fake News, Partisan Politics, and Brown Envelope Journalism.
And you are also disgruntled and everything has gone kablooey into this country.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by blackboy(m): 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
DAAR sue them. Next Level must not put Nigerians out of work. Na only AIT sin? First FCT come demolish their fence now this. Fear God

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by GoodGovernance: 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovelyn451:
this is wrong...u don't just wakeup and stop a private organisation from working

Even if it violates elementary broadcasting codes?

I beg cry alone!

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by MegaFd(m): 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
Buhari again.
Did Donald Trump withdrawn the licence of CNN despite acting as opposition broadcast house for democrat?
Trump choose fox channel and ignored CNN,despite their insults against his govt...so why is Nigeria different,why are we not copying better ways of handling issue.
Buhari does not understand democracy
Nigerians does not react to this ignorance because of tribe,religion and selfish interest.
Shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Lolu, Rico Get Strike From Big Brother / #BBNaija: Housemates Banned From Laughing And Touching / Fire guts Sir Gabriel Igbinedion’s ITV Benin (Photos From The Incidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.