Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power (27638 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Audio Of Him Planning To Rig 2023 election / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ademola Adeleke's Victory At The Tribunal / Yinka Ayefele's Building Demolition: Atiku Abubakar Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by rexwalters: 10:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Focusmind:
I pity the citizen of this country, especially the stupid youths on Nairaland. Even if you hate Atiku, think of the wider implication of shutting down a TV station. A dangerous precedent is being set.

People are not seeing that. Their own is that since it is Buhari, it is Ok.

Imagine Trump shutting CNN because of the criticisms he gets from CNN.

I am not supporting any party before some people starts insulting me and defending their corrupt politicians.
What concerns Buhari and ait,are there not other tv stations on dstv?,Trump has asked his attorney general William Barr to investigate cnn,most especially host Don Lemon and Christopher Cuomo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by backnbeta(f): 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
Kelklein:
ehm Oga Atiku..It's not enough to sit behind a computer and issue lifeless tweets..

Fold your sleeves and enter the street with your supporters to protest this gag of the press..

If you are indeed ready to lead this country, this should not be too much for you do..

PS: Now everyone understands the freedom they enjoyed under Jonathan..

Buhari own sef too much.. Did you see how CNN tackled Trump during the elections and just immediately after the elections, imagine Trump dictating to the American Broadcasting Corporation to shut down CNN because he couldn't stand dissenting voices and opinions of Americans. Now you understand Nigeria is under dictatorship.

Please don't be surprised if people are still shouting Sai Baba, when Abacha was at the peak of his reign in 1997 in this country, people (your fellow Nigerians) were holding Solidarity Rally for him to become a Civilian Head of State..So don't be surprised.

We go dey ok las las.
Unfortunately, protests won't work in Nigeria because bubu doesn't give a damn and the Western world won't blink an eye sad

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Bragalane: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
You are misusing your brain to write foolishness on NL. You should look into that first before wailing over Buhari. Remove the log in your eye.

Lovelyn451:
this is wrong on every ramifications.. why is this man misusing power on everybody like this...killing and shutting down businesses of people that don't like him...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by spiritedtete: 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
Focusmind:
I pity the citizen of this country, especially the stupid youths on Nairaland. Even if you hate Atiku, think of the wider implication of shutting down a TV station. A dangerous precedent is being set.

People are not seeing that. Their own is that since it is Buhari, it is Ok.

Imagine Trump shutting CNN because of the criticisms he gets from CNN.

I am not supporting any party before some people starts insulting me and defending their corrupt politicians.

If CNN goes against the broadcast code of conduct... It will be shutdown... Moreover it is not trump's Job Todo... Like wise this is not Buhari's Job.

Like I said if AIT feel they are within guidelines they should approach the law court.

Please it's high time we understand the meaning of bye laws.. and functions of it and who can execute them.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by tidalstorm(m): 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
Soon our dictator go suspend all social media for naija including nairaland No freedom of speech again
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by 1972xy: 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
Baba lo joko. Ko pa enu mo.
Asiko yin ti lo
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by jefff455: 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
360degreess:
Frustration will finish Atiku and his gullible supporters especially those online pigs..
Sai Buhari,that's all I can say.
go get a brain fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovelyn451:
this is wrong on every ramifications.. why is this man misusing power on everybody like this...killing and shutting down businesses of people that don't like him...

grin Eeyah I am every sure 95% of those that av & will still sound like you don't even know the rules and regulation binding broadcasting... don't be blinded by sympathy thank GOd AIT is not owned by an igboman would av been another story entirely, ALOL ! ...try n research why NBC sanction AIT

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by otipoju(m): 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
delugajackson:
Where ever there are dictators, there must be guzzling of the media and suppressing of dissenting voices.

The right word is muzzling and not guzzling
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by MrMou: 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
Kelklein:
ehm Oga Atiku..It's not enough to sit behind a computer and issue lifeless tweets..

Fold your sleeves and enter the street with your supporters to protest this gag of the press..

If you are indeed ready to lead this country, this should not be too much for you do..

PS: Now everyone understands the freedom they enjoyed under Jonathan..

Buhari own sef too much.. Did you see how CNN tackled Trump during the elections and just immediately after the elections, imagine Trump dictating to the American Broadcasting Corporation to shut down CNN because he couldn't stand dissenting voices and opinions of Americans. Now you understand Nigeria is under dictatorship.

Please don't be surprised if people are still shouting Sai Baba, when Abacha was at the peak of his reign in 1997 in this country, people (your fellow Nigerians) were holding Solidarity Rally for him to become a Civilian Head of State..So don't be surprised.

We go dey ok las las.

Our unintelligent IPIGs & PDP sycophants no dey ever tire to yarn crap! If Buhari wanted to deal with AIT, it would have been immediately after 2015 election for airing distasteful, blatant, disgraceful lies about him in a documentary & it would have been very valid! CNN NEVER did such against Trump.
Tell your beloved AIT to follow our broadcasting rules & stop going ON AIR to say things "Nigeria is cursed; I hereby declare independent state of Niger Delta" or "Nigeria irritates me." CNN NEVER does such in America!

By the way, which press freedom under your hero are you talking about? Is it the one that he sent Soldiers to seize newspapers across the country including detaining the drivers of their dispatch vehicles? You think we all have short memories like PDP sycophants & IPIGs?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/soldiers-seize-newspapers-detain-drivers-abuja/

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Pezanix(m): 3:31am On Jun 07, 2019
Some people enjoy life while some of us suffer. Getting depressed everyday. I stand alone in this world. No dad no mum no siblings. Pls any kind hearted person should aid my tuition fees. I need #10,000 to complete it. I will appreciate anything u give. This is my account number 3119222486 first bank PLC
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by omaigala(m): 4:08am On Jun 07, 2019
davodyguy:
Reactor
How did AIT survive under PDP from 1999 to 2015? Then all political functions were aired live on AIT and most adverts from PDP controlled States went to AIT. If you can remember that famous phone call OBJ made to Late Yar Adua in 2007 (Umaru Umaru) we watched it live on NTA. In 1999, the PDP primary where OBJ emerged was also aired from 6:00pm to 6:00am live on AIT. But under APC, it's TVC and channels that are getting them. Tables only turned, the fee was not sporadically reviewed.

So what Happened to Daarsat? Why did it collapse? Where are the share holders funds?

No matter what you spew, you made no sense.

What is wrong if AIT got all those things you mentioned?

Even CNN has never despite their stance against Trump suffered this kind of tyranny.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by omaigala(m): 4:12am On Jun 07, 2019
MrMou:

Our unintelligent IPIGs & PDP sycophants no dey ever tire to yarn crap! If Buhari wanted to deal with AIT, it would have been immediately after 2015 election for airing distasteful, blatant, disgraceful lies about him in a documentary & it would have been very valid! CNN NEVER did such against Trump.
Tell your beloved AIT to follow our broadcasting rules & stop going ON AIR to say things "Nigeria is cursed; I hereby declare independent state of Niger Delta" or "Nigeria irritates me." CNN NEVER does such in America!

By the way, which press freedom under your hero are you talking about? Is it the one that he sent Soldiers to seize newspapers across the country including detaining the drivers of their dispatch vehicles? You think we all have short memories like PDP sycophants & IPIGs?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/soldiers-seize-newspapers-detain-drivers-abuja/

As usual, you'd resort to name calling.
You are not smart after all.

The extremist couldn't do that in his first tenure because he will loose popularity and his reelection would have been faced with hurdles.

You have no right to insult others.

This under the bridge mentality should stop.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by MrMou: 5:35am On Jun 07, 2019
omaigala:

As usual, you'd resort to name calling.
You are not smart after all.

The extremist couldn't do that in his first tenure because he will loose popularity and his reelection would have been faced with hurdles.

You have no right to insult others.

This under the bridge mentality should stop.
He'll lose popularity among who? The IPIGs? grin Is closing down an AIT that's only fancied by PDP sycophants what will add to the tyrant tag that you PDP sycophants gave him already & have made him lose the last elections? What did the blatant removal of a whole Ononghen a few days to the elections do to his reelection after all your "tyrant" cry?
So even if he were eligible to contest in 2023 now, you get anybody for your party wey go defeat am, ba? Think, boy!
AIT was simply closed down for their continuous inciting talks IN SPITE OF warnings by NBC & nothing else!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Dino98: 6:02am On Jun 07, 2019
davodyguy:
Reactor
How did AIT survive under PDP from 1999 to 2015? Then all political functions were aired live on AIT and most adverts from PDP controlled States went to AIT. If you can remember that famous phone call OBJ made to Late Yar Adua in 2007 (Umaru Umaru) we watched it live on NTA. In 1999, the PDP primary where OBJ emerged was also aired from 6:00pm to 6:00am live on AIT. But under APC, it's TVC and channels that are getting them. Tables only turned, the fee was not sporadically reviewed.

So what Happened to Daarsat? Why did it collapse? Where are the share holders funds?

Someone did wrong, you now point at another wrong that was done before to justify it....NICE. This is how Nigeria will grow. If PDP come in, they do their own too and the circle continues. Yop, we are growing.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by orisa37: 6:42am On Jun 07, 2019
This Government is paranoid.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by walteriyke: 6:55am On Jun 07, 2019
360degreess:
Frustration will finish Atiku and his gullible supporters especially those online pigs..
Sai Buhari,that's all I can say.
Useless blind bat
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Tchinaidi(m): 7:17am On Jun 07, 2019
We are finished in this country..no more freedom of speech,and any attempt to criticize the lifeless government is tagged a hate speech.What we have is a full blown dictator completely trampling on our fundamental right and yet some mofos will still be cheering such vindictive onslaught.What a pity cry
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Adakintroy: 7:38am On Jun 07, 2019
davodyguy:
Before we start to shout Buhari, read the attachment

Oga apc did worse in their bid to take power. We were all alive then. Calling gej clueless, even his family and wife were not left out. Am talking personal attacks.

Who DE kill with cutlass no just DE like see cutlass.near am
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by mushystuff: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2019
rexwalters:
You will die in your self hate,1st African President to pay a visit to Donald Trump is no easy feat,even Rex Tillerson's Last official assignment was to Nigeria to visit the President of The Republic,Emmanuel Macron of France has come,Angela Merkel of Germany has come,Theresa May of Great Britain has also visited my President,please Mr mushystuff a trivia question,name the last diplomat to visit your country Biafra and in what year was the visit?

Bottom line, those visits and invites have yielded nothing, his true lifeless nature has been revealed for the empty person and leadership he has to offer. Those invites and visits are so not likely to happen again. If you like kill yourself because people dare to be truthful and dispassionate, that will be your funeral.

Unfortunately, Biafra still exists within Nigeria so your question is non sequitur, a no-brainer.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by mushystuff: 8:05am On Jun 07, 2019
davodyguy:

The polity is already tensed and we need to be careful so as not to incite. Some comments needs to be censored even here on Nairaland, that's why we have moderators.

Why do you think stickied a thread that Nairaland says no to cessation?

What effort is being made to address the cause of the tensions? Forceful suppression will only lead to an explosion. Saying no to secession, does that address the why of the desire for such? How do you see a child crying out and you seal the mouth of the child without making an effort to resolve the cause of the tears and cries? Then someone amplifies the sound of the crying child and you suspend/shut down the amplifier and its owner? Where is the logic in that other than interests and greed considered more important than that of the crying child?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by magzey: 9:04am On Jun 07, 2019
AIT or PDP broadcasting corporation grin grin

Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by magzey: 9:07am On Jun 07, 2019
tidalstorm:
Soon our dictator go suspend all social media for naija including nairaland
No freedom of speech again
This one na freedom. Of Madness not Speech any organization must operate withing its framework and avoid stepping on laws beyond their reach.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by malele(m): 9:13am On Jun 07, 2019
Lovelyn451:

Hi lovely
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Lovelyn451(f): 10:04am On Jun 07, 2019
malele:

Hi lovely
its lovelyn....morning[b]
malele:

Hi lovely
its lovelyn....morning[/b]
malele:

Hi lovely
its lovelyn....morning
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Bulusc: 11:46am On Jun 07, 2019
Thank God for Good Luck that allowed freedom of the press.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by davodyguy: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
mushystuff:

What effort is being made to address the cause of the tensions? Forceful suppression will only lead to an explosion. Saying no to secession, does that address the why of the desire for such? How do you see a child crying out and you seal the mouth of the child without making an effort to resolve the cause of the tears and cries? Then someone amplifies the sound of the crying child and you suspend/shut down the amplifier and its owner? Where is the logic in that other than interests and greed considered more important than that of the crying child?
While i agree with you on the one side, on the other, AIT too needs to tone down. You can correct people or criticize constructively, without insulting.

Not many of us are happy with what is happening in Nigeria, but violence or call for it doesn't end the challenges
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by sharpsecret: 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
rexwalters:
You will die in your self hate,1st African President to pay a visit to Donald Trump is no easy feat,even Rex Tillerson's Last official assignment was to Nigeria to visit the President of The Republic,Emmanuel Macron of France has come,Angela Merkel of Germany has come,Theresa May of Great Britain has also visited my President,please Mr mushystuff a trivia question,name the last diplomat to visit your country Biafra and in what year was the visit?
tillerson was sacked by trump for visiting a lifeless man
Re: Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by malele(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
Lovelyn451:
its lovelyn....morning[b]its lovelyn....morning[/b]its lovelyn....morning

Lovely profile pic, seems u reside in Kano,I sent u a pm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" / EFCC Arrests Ekiti Finance Commissioner, Accountant After Fayose Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.