Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,630 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Yeshua And Today's 'christians'. Why The Disconnect ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yeshua And Today's 'christians'. Why The Disconnect ? (179 Views)

Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" / Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? / Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yeshua And Today's 'christians'. Why The Disconnect ? by yeshuasfootstep(m): 1:04am On Jun 07, 2019
Why the disconnect?

Having come this far, one then begins to wonder why the huge gap between what we have today and what is supposed to be on ground. Yeshua is a Jew, I happen to come across an app that I am using to study Jewish culture and from the little I have gathered there, the Jews value knowledge more than anything and there is no clear separation between their culture and their religion.

Yeshua epitomizes these two, he values knowledge and also teaches the people even at a very tender age, he mingles with the people, attends marriages, burials, go to temple and so on.

Our problem is that we think we are wiser than Yehovah. For over 33 years, Yeshua lived on earth. No one’s organization ability can match his own and no one has been able to pull the crowd he pulled, yet all he could do is preach to them and even feed them when necessary, the farthest the disciples do is baptizing repentant ones and let them go. There was even a time he sent out a group of 70 for preaching purpose but we did not hear of a church he set up. He continues being a Jew, worshiping at the temple even till death, observing even the Passover which he asked his followers to keep doing in remembrance of him. One notices that the Jews are well organized and it seems they abhor unnecessary large gatherings and it might be for a reason. Going through the app, one notices that going to the temple to pray involves going in groups of like 12 people. So the temple is just there for any group to say their prayers, have their discussions and move on. The rabbi who is the most educated takes the lead if there is any need for gathering or teaching. It is also noteworthy that events like Passover can be celebrated in groups, henceYeshua’s decision to host his disciples on Nissan 14. One can observe that in all his life, he is a Jew, lives like a Jew, worship like a Jew but did not fail to point out where his people are not doing well and did not reject the good parts of his culture before his death.

Why then do we have another form of worship that seems to alienate people from their culture, emphasize more on prosperity and miracles and so on? The reason is simple; those are not Yeshua’s followers. They thinker the bible to accommodate their selfish desires like one race having control over all races, master having control over the slaves, one culture proving to be superior over others. In order to achieve all these, the bible have been dealt with even to the point that there was a time slaves have their own bible where verse like “slaves be obedient to your master” are emphasized and where the master’s obligation is watered down or even removed. This is when man did not succeed in shielding what is written in the bible from his fellow man using every method possible including burning alive those caught with the bible. This is to show you how man have manipulated and used God’s word over the years for his own advantage and now it is stark for everyone to see that the name Yeshua is now like a franchise for people to make money.

So this is what happened.After the apostles death, politicians hijacked being a follower of Yeshua which ought to be a mindset and a way of life and make it an organization of its own for their selfish purpose, something Yeshua did not do when he was alive and since then the division continues but none is standing on Yeshua’s footsteps. Being a follower of Yeshua is a mindset and a way of life and not a religion as men later packaged it for their own good. Hence reason for study to know exactly who Yeshua is, how he lived and so on and none of them will make sense if Jewish custom is not recognized as well as their mode of worship which is Yeshua’s mode of worship till death. Since temple is no longer required since Yeshua is now the new temple, what then is needed? How do we worship today? All this we are going to find out as we examine Yeshua’s life as it relates to Jewish culture. From the little I learnt Jews pray 3 times everyday which I have adopted as I now try to pray up to 3 times a day to Yehovah through Yeshua since Yeshua admonishes us to pray incessantly not even 3 times again. The all important instruction to fathers to be reading the book of the laws to their children is now being practiced in my home as we make sure we read a chapter from the Old Testament and New Testament and deliberate as well as meditate on them at least on weekly basis for now. We just celebrated the last Passover but we’ll discuss it in future under the heading ‘What is Passover’. In all I thank Yehovah for having connected me back, the peace alone you enjoy and the answers you get on your prayers are proofs that there is no more disconnect. I therefore plead that Yehovah will continue to provide his wisdom and not mine so that all areas should be touched and written down for the benefit of any who which to connect to him the right way. Through his dear Son and our Christ Yeshua. Amen.[b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Freedom From Sin. / Love Creating Love / Why Does God Prepare A Table For You In Your Enemies Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.