Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye (9713 Views)

Peter Obi Reacts To President Tinubu 124-Car Convoy (Video) / Nanpon Sambo: IGP, Abba Kyari In Trouble Over Suspect Who Died In Police Custody / Nuhu Salihu “Smally” Dies In Police Custody, Suspect In Dino Melaye’s Gun Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Mutteeme: 10:28am On Jun 07, 2019
The irrepressible senator representing Kogi West senatorial district, Dino Melaye disclosed that he was in Police detention for 124 out of the 365 days in the year 2018.

Revealing his ordeasl and political persecutions to his colleagues during Thursday’s valedictory session of the 8th Senate, the eloquent lawmaker who sang a hymnal song to the admiration of others, said he only campaigned for just four days for his re-election bid in the February 23,2019 election.

Melaye added that ” I was in police custody when the recall process failed woefully. I am here to thank God because in 2017, I was arrested eight times. In 2018, I was arrested 18 times and out of 365 days in 2018, I spent 124 in police custody. I campaigned only four days to the 2019 election.”

He praised the leadership qualities of outgoing Senate President Bukola Saraki while condemning the shameful involvement of one of his colleagues, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege in the notorious mace stolen saga.

https://all-gists..com/2019/06/i-spent-124-days-in-police-custody-dino-melaye.html

1 Like

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by dukie25: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2019
Yeye Bello will spend more than that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Max8: 10:58am On Jun 07, 2019
Can you also tell us the benefits u got as a senator of the federal Republic of Nigeria,total monies as salary, gratuities and Co,that will make of have a balance view of your complains

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Simongm(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2019
Every governor give in their best in first term, we have seen the best of Yeye bello. Kogi Koya and Bello must go.

Dino is the only person that can defeat Yeye bello on every side, hence, follow the man that know road.

7 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Simongm(m): 11:04am On Jun 07, 2019
Max8:
Can you also tell us the benefits u got as a senator of the federal Republic of Nigeria,total monies as salary, gratuities and Co,that will make of have a balance view of your complains
That is a good question.
Can you direct this question to your senator? I mean the one the represent your senatorial district.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Abfinest007(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2019
should we cry some people have lived in police cell more than that for a crime they didn't commit so why is ur own special

3 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Max8: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2019
Simongm:

That is a good question.
Can you direct this question to your senator? I mean the one the represent your senatorial district.
Is my own senator telling cock and bull stories like the Dino u adore here

8 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Naijaalive(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by fmlala: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2019
good for you now
Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by kittykollinxx(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2019
Can they stop thanking God and start fearing him

2 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by id4sho(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2019
t
Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by deebrain(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
Yahaya Bello will suffer even more...

That's if God decides to let him live.
Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by nuban07(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
Oga Dino, the days must include those u failed to surrender urself to the authority hiding in ur room and the ones u spent in the hospital claiming unconsciousness

2 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by joinwigmaker: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
learn how to make wigs for as low as 1500 in our 2weeks whatsapp classes... Hurry while there still time...
Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by MAXIMAL123(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
smiley
Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by asobo: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2019
Hero's of democracy. They both demonstrated how independent the legislative arm of government ought to be. NASS isn't an annex of the executive for any hater who wishes to quote me, it was evident during the valedictory session in the red chamber that Akpabio et al categorically said it that he feels before one becomes a governor, he or she should fast become a lawmaker. Nigerian's are made to believe that the NASS isn't necessary in our democracy which is awful to know. LITTLE WONDER DURING THE MILITARY REGIME, THE NASS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE TARGET OF THE MILITARY WHICH HAVE MADE NIGERIAN'S NOT TO APPRECIATE THE NASS BECAUSE OF THEIR LONG ABSENCE IN GOVERNANCE (MILITARY REGIME).

3 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by HokageTravels: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
Max8:

Is my own senator telling cock and bull stories like the Dino u adore here

Cock and bull? Were you not in Nigeria last year or 2 years ago, everyone was fully aware dino was arrested and kept in custody for a long time with his recall process set underway while he was in custody.

You are a very biased individual, your question which is very apt and intelligent should be directed to every senator in the federal Republic of Nigeria. You can't just pick out one.

10 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by oyetunder(m): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
cry And so what? You were busy pretending to be seriously ill. The moment you were let go you became strong and healthy. This is the only country that all elected and political office holders are always terribly sick the moment you start asking them questions about their actions legally.

4 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Merlin1153: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
Michelle8932:
see below
then u are suppose to be a millionaire by now

1 Like

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by iammo(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
undecided

Idiot is annoucing why he isn't fit to be kogi's state governor, this man is childish or lacks good publicist

1 Like

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by Lumig: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
undecidedOniranu. Dino thinks everyone is dumb...

1 Like

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by DSENATAR: 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
Max8:
You are a full breed goat, go and ask for Dino's achievement in Kogi before you speak. Ode

4 Likes

Re: I Spent 124 Days In Police Custody - Dino Melaye by seanjy4konji: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
liar small small...

this man will now have a instagram dedicated to his new set of maybach and rolce royce wraiths when he becomes governor..

he go too spend money...

Thief.

(1) (2) (Reply)

44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration / Nigerian Sat X Satellite Pictures Are Perfect / Uche Ogbuagu Wins House Of Assembly Seat For Ikeduru Constituency In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.