Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei (36599 Views)

Voice, Data Services Affected By Undersea Cable Cuts Restored - NCC / Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 / MTN Announces Massive Price Cuts And Free Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
Studyinchina200:
We also don’t have access to Instagram ,google ,twitter and Facebook here in China unless you use VPN.

Payback time chai

Sorry bro...
You can use Wechat na?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2019
Tchange1:
I don't see how America can win because 99% of worlds smart phones and etc is manufactured in China, an average Chinese man is more industrious than an average American anytime any day.

Being industrious in reverse engineering, forced technology transfer. Industrious in cheap labor.. And so on...
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
Guyman02:
The White man does not want to accept that China is going ahead of them in technology, they were busy bombing Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya etc for oil and killing millions of people while China was developing 5G now bad belle has set in angry angry

Never knew Chinese are black people..
Thanks for the information.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
Quorax:
That is to tell you they do not want the progress of other countries....Yet, stupid African countries will be running to them for what I cant describe

Every State is selfish.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by bravesoul247(m): 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
This is very bad for business. People will start jumping ships now. Tecno go sell for Nigeria be that na.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by bravesoul247(m): 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
qualityovenbake:
I dont think Huawei can survive this onslauht
I doubt it too.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
Tomide007:

It can't be pre-installed but can be installed.... Means when you buy the product you won't see facebook app there but you can download it and use..... #pre-instalment is what they banned

Download it from where??
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by bravesoul247(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
lomprico:
All this might just make them stronger
How? Don't forget that almost everybody in the world uses Facebook and whatsapp. So how strong will they become?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
musicwriter:

Their ''offense'' is that China is advancing scientifically and technologically and the West are now playing catch-up in certain areas. Western nations believes that its their birthright to pioneer science and technology so that they could use it to continue to control the world. They believe that scientific knowledge in the hands of other nations poses a threat to the west. By the way, that's also the real reason for their fracas with Iran and North Korea, though, it has been successfully propagandized as stopping them from building nuclear bomb. They simply don't want them to know what they know about nuclear energy technology.

The reason they smile with us over here in Africa is because they've systematically designed how to perpetually keep us in a box, and they know we're deeply asleep. Any day the African continent wake and begin talking about things, like; putting our native languages above English or French or we begin pioneering certain branch of scientific knowledge or technology, we will face same barrage of sanctions (like Huawei) from western nations. I wish this could happen in my lifetime because Africans would realize that all these talks of poverty alleviation in Africa by Western nations is a scam. That could just be when Africans would realize that white people want us to be their slaves forever. Sadly, they've already trained Africans that would at such a time come out to tell us that science is not good for us.

Keep blaming the West for your failure...
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
Hugo7:

They did what American government do.. Spying, only that this time they spied the wrong guys

I see what you're doing, mate.!
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
MiddleDimension:

my dear, no one hates you!

africans have to embrace philosophical enquiry and be not afraid to know that what you have always known is a lie! we should be more and more open to beauty of the universe and stop mistrusting the scientific method as a very good method of knowing the true nature of things.

You're sounding philosophic...

When you say
"not afraid to know that what you have always known is a LIE"

Can you point out those *LIEs*
You know, we have OBJECTIVE & SUBJECTIVE truth.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by SpeedyData: 5:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:
china already have their own android..they don't use the type of android u see in naija...They don't have Google, Facebook, whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube, playstore etc.
the problem is that only china use their own android....if they decide to bring their own Android to other countries,it will fail..have u wondered why windows mobile, blackberry and tizen is failed ?

Now I get it clearly. Let's see how China will handle this because I know they wouldn't want it to look as if they succumbed to the dominate power.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by martineverest(m): 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
SpeedyData:

Now I get it clearly. Hmmmm, but US being this powerful might have some negative effects globally someday.
they can't ....they can only do that to some one or two countries,but it will be impossible globally cos it will hurt them too.remember,USA also depend on other countries for resources

china might retaliate as well....as the are the largest producers of rare earth elements.iy they chose not to supply to USA,it will hurt Americans a bit,but china will still lose more than USA...china is in dilemma as their economy is on the verge of recession
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by SpeedyData: 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:
they can't ....they can only do that to some one or two countries,but it will be impossible globally cos it will hurt them too.remember,USA also depend on other countries for resources

china might retaliate as well....as the are the largest producers of rare earth elements.iy they chose not to supply to USA,it will hurt Americans a bit,but china will still lose more than USA...china is in dilemma as their economy is on the verge of recession

But must the government regulate completely how their private firms market their products?
Wouldn't loosing a populous China affect Google and Facebook in some manner?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
olioxx:

Nein
I'm Malware Analyst.
Und Sie?(and you?)
I'm a newbie in the field and was hoping to get some some direction from someone already grounded in the field. Like some sort of mentorship. Wouldn't want to derail the thread, can I pm you?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by martineverest(m): 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
SpeedyData:

But must the government regulate completely how their private firms market their products?
Wouldn't loosing a populous China affect Google and Facebook in some manner?
Google, Amazon and Facebook and many American companies doesn't operate in china..Chinese govt banned them in favour of their own Alibaba,baidu,tencent etc

china regulate and own/fund/partially own many Chinese Firms like Huawei etc

1 Like

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by lanre316: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Keep blaming the West for your failure...

I taya for them o. All their problem is blamed on the West yet they are struggling everyday to get visa to go that West. Confused ignorant set of people.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Tomide007: 12:06am On Jun 09, 2019
DemonInSiege:

I have checked it and haven't seen it, can you please post the link here?

Are you saying facebook can't stop Huawei from using their apps in Huawei version of Android? ?
Searched where? Dictionary? Something I typed into Google and was already bringing suggestions, seems like you just like unnecessary argument
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/leaked-new-huawei-os-screenshots
There are so many articles on Google that talks about the new Huwei os.
And your question on can facebook block them, the answer is no and why would they want to since they are not directly issuing them a license..... 2. Androids programming language is Java, once you build an app with Java it will always run on Android as long as its compatible with the phones resolution(thats an hard-ware). Huawei is not building an Android, android in itself is the name of an operating system all they need to do is to allow apps built with Java run on it. You can also build your own os to allow android apps run on it, an operating system is a platform for apps to functiom(in plain language, this is not the real definition). Apple uses iOS except the laptop that uses mac os. ....you might not get the gist fully. Read online sir.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Tomide007: 12:09am On Jun 09, 2019
martineverest:

That China is on the verge of recession got me..... They 're not but yes it will hurt there economy
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Tomide007: 12:12am On Jun 09, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Download it from where??
www.google.com or www.bing.com type the name of the file you want into the search engine. Download the Apk file.... Please read this things on Google. How to download a that is not on play store will do. Just punch in your question.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by LesaSid: 1:12am On Jun 09, 2019
lanre316:

It didn't make ZTE stronger. They nearly died. Same with Toshiba. There are some powers you don't just mess with.

Huawei will surely suffer unless US stops the onslaught. People had already stopped buying Huawei products and their sales are dwindling as I speak.

Lesson: Don't mess with the great USA!!!

You keep mentioning Toshiba on most threads relating to this topic,
Toshiba is Japanese and the are still doing business with the US

2 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by lanre316: 6:05am On Jun 09, 2019
LesaSid:

You keep mentioning Toshiba on most threads relating to this topic,
Toshiba is Japanese and the are still doing business with the US

Toshiba could have been stronger than what it currently is. USA attacked them the way they are attacking Huawei now. They are forced to cooperate with USA now. I don't fully support USA imperialism, but their power and influence cannot be denied.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by LesaSid: 6:23am On Jun 09, 2019
lanre316:

Toshiba could have been stronger than what it currently is. USA attacked them the way they are attacking Huawei now. They are forced to cooperate with USA now. I don't fully support USA imperialism, but their power and influence cannot be denied.

That one is different case, they only banned Toshiba from selling in the United States and here is the reason

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by martineverest(m): 6:29am On Jun 09, 2019
Tomide007:

That China is on the verge of recession got me..... They 're not but yes it will hurt there economy
their economy is dwindling
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by lanre316: 7:08am On Jun 09, 2019
LesaSid:

That one is different case, they only banned Toshiba from selling in the United States and here is the reason

Thanks for sharing this!

We learn more everyday
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by SpeedyData: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
martineverest:
Google, Amazon and Facebook and many American companies doesn't operate in china..Chinese govt banned them in favour of their own Alibaba,baidu,tencent etc

china regulate and own/fund/partially own many Chinese Firms like Huawei etc

@the bolded, that means the US were even patient enough.

Studying this closely, you just can't stop commending how intelligent these two countries have become.

Indeed, this fight will be a constructive one. Both parties will benefit and lose same time thereby encouraging more growth.

But can Huawei survive this
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by tolexy007(m): 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
SpeedyData:

@the bolded, that means the US were even patient enough.

Studying this closely, you just can't stop commending how intelligent these two countries have become.

Indeed, this fight will be a constructive one. Both parties will benefit and lose same time thereby encouraging more growth.

But can Huawei survive this

what happen to ZTE is coming for Huawei.. my Zte fone is as useless like Cripple legs. No goggle play, how can I enjoy such fone
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by tolexy007(m): 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Sorry bro... You can use Wechat na?

how many people do u know that is using Wechat very well?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by tammie24: 1:56am On Jun 10, 2019
Igbobyblood:
which stronger? You think is nollywood movie
grin grin grin
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by olioxx(m): 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
CHIMDIYA4EVA:

I'm a newbie in the field and was hoping to get some some direction from someone already grounded in the field. Like some sort of mentorship. Wouldn't want to derail the thread, can I pm you?
What onion do you want to peel in the world of cybersecurity?
I mean where you want to specialize!
If you are yet to decide, go to cyberdegree.com, and then if you wish take courses on edX.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 11, 2019
olioxx:

What onion do you want to peel in the world of cybersecurity?
I mean where you want to specialize!
If you are yet to decide, go to cyberdegree.com, and then if you wish take courses on edX.
Ethical hacking maybe
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by olioxx(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2019
CHIMDIYA4EVA:
Ethical hacking maybe
. Then go for the CEH cert. . Go to cyberdegree.com and check out for job description of Pentester. Pentester = Ethical Hacking. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015? / Google Engineer Apologizes After Photos App Tags Two Black People As Gorillas / How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.