Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever (3100 Views)

Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder Engine Ever / All-New 2019 Mercedes-AMG G63 SUV Revealed With 577hp And Goes From 0-60 In 4.4s / Mercedes AMG G65 Brabus 900 22 Unvieled At IAA 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by nurey(m): 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by king406(m): 6:59am On Dec 07, 2019
DAVE5:

Reading this your comment makes me want to cry, so I sold my is250 and bought a freaking c300, I’ll say one thing, the c300 is stupidly too slow for my liking, the Lexus felt faster and that gave me an unexplainable joy in my soul anytime I pushed her, the Benz feels more like a truck anytime I want to pull a stunt, but the sale of the is250 was inevitable though, can’t wait to buy me an is350 to replace my sweet passion or best bet for me isf
i’m having trouble believing an is250 is quicker than a c300, maybe on the lower end yes, but anything over 100kmh the benz should begin to get ahead
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by DAVE5(m): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2019
king406:
i’m having trouble believing an is250 is quicker than a c300, maybe on the lower end yes, but anything over 100kmh the benz should begin to get ahead

I rarely see space to push above 120, where space for Lagos to push mean speed, except at nights from like 10:30 up, but for me though the IS felt a faster, leg to the pedal; booom, it’s off the line, but the c300 feels like it’s trying to play catch-up with my leg

Traveled only once wit the c300 to Ilorin, but my family tagged along to go celebrate, so I had no intention to put their heart through panic from high speeds

Anything above 120/140 in Lagos soon starts feeling like an overkill cos roads are mostly not smooth or straight(pothole ridden state) and cars are way too much on the roads so precaution must be observed
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:47am On Dec 07, 2019
nurey:

2.0L 4B11T - 0 to 62mph 3.8secs

Not sure what your point is. The Evo is a rally car, so it's much lighter. The A45s engine makes more power stock.
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by nurey(m): 10:04am On Dec 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Not sure what your point is. The Evo is a rally car, so it's much lighter. The A45s engine makes more power stock.

The A45s is a trim of the A class. Just like we have different trims of the Lancer Evolution X.

The FQ3xx to 440 of the Lancer have stock Engine, mapping is what the manufacturer did. Just as Benz mapped the m136 to extract 416hp.

You can also explain what you mean by stock and if Benz believe the A45s is that good, then we can meet at rally nah nobody is exempting Benz from coming to rally and getting their ass whooped grin
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:10am On Dec 07, 2019
nurey:

The A45s is a trim of the A class. Just like we have different trims of the Lancer Evolution X.

The FQ3xx to 440 of the Lancer have stock Engine, mapping is what the manufacturer did. Just as Benz mapped the m136 to extract 416hp.

You can also explain what you mean by stock and if Benz believe the A45s is that good, then we can meet at rally nah nobody is exempting Benz from coming to rally and getting their ass whooped grin

Stock means how the OEM ships it. The Evo X makes 403 HP max stock, the A45s makes 416 HP.

Simple as that. I don't care how fast the Evo X does 0-60, because that depends on other factors other than HP. Like, you know, weight...
The A45s is a luxury performance car. The Evo X is a rally car. Of course the Evo will be much lighter.
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by nurey(m): 10:24am On Dec 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Stock means how the OEM ships it. The Evo X makes 403 HP max stock, the A45s makes 416 HP.

Simple as that. I don't care how fast the Evo X does 0-60, because that depends on other factors other than HP. Like, you know, weight...
The A45s is a luxury performance car. The Evo X is a rally car. Of course the Evo will be much lighter.

The Evo starts at 376hp while the high performance FQ440 is a 440hp rally killer. It is a stock OEM Engine and like I said, mapping is what differentiates them.

NEXT

Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:41am On Dec 07, 2019
nurey:

The Evo starts at 376hp while the high performance FQ440 is a 440hp rally killer. It is a stock OEM Engine and like I said, mapping is what differentiates them.

NEXT

You win. Bye.
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by nurey(m): 10:42am On Dec 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You win. Bye.
That was too easy, I don't agree grin
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by 9icetoo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2019
So what I get from this is that Mercedes has a 416 HP engine in a production car and Mitsubishi trumps them with a 440hp in a production car. Both are 4 cylinder engines.

German boys what's next in the dick measuring contest? cheesy
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by 9icetoo(m): 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
DAVE5:

Reading this your comment makes me want to cry, so I sold my is250 and bought a freaking c300, I’ll say one thing, the c300 is stupidly too slow for my liking, the Lexus felt faster and that gave me an unexplainable joy in my soul anytime I pushed her, the Benz feels more like a truck anytime I want to pull a stunt, but the sale of the is250 was inevitable though, can’t wait to buy me an is350 to replace my sweet passion or best bet for me isf
Nice confession. smiley
Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by DAVE5(m): 6:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
9icetoo:

Nice confession. smiley

Oga no be only confession, I’ve really not been a fan from the get go cos of the overhype, but wetin man go do, I needed to sell my lex and I cld not buy the same exact lex again so a search for something else crept in my soul and I found the c300, I’ve always loved Lexus from childhood cos of one efizzy wey one man pull for my front

Toyota camp is filled wit not so nice cars at the price range of 3m - 4m (I know Toyota and Lexus are same company)
Bmw- respect the name but I’m scared of them cos of the things I read online eryday
Honda: mehn not my thing plus leg pull
Nissan and Infiniti: not decisive

Others, I don’t know jare, major problem of owning any luxurious car in naija is; who go fix am properly if the need arises, too many self acclaimed mecs (kazeems) erywia day wld do more harm dan good to ur car

Hopefully I go get money buy 2015 upwards is350 or buy a Lexus rcf maybe next year, I know Lexus are easy fix

Las las nah tesla go do one day for me; peace of heart and mind

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-amg Unveils Most Powerful Four-cylinder 416hp Engine Ever by king406(m): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2019
DAVE5:

I rarely see space to push above 120, where space for Lagos to push mean speed, except at nights from like 10:30 up, but for me though the IS felt a faster, leg to the pedal; booom, it’s off the line, but the c300 feels like it’s trying to play catch-up with my leg

Traveled only once wit the c300 to Ilorin, but my family tagged along to go celebrate, so I had no intention to put their heart through panic from high speeds

Anything above 120/140 in Lagos soon starts feeling like an overkill cos roads are mostly not smooth or straight(pothole ridden state) and cars are way too much on the roads so precaution must be observed
yes, the 2.5liter and 3.0liter engines have this sluggish feeling from the low end, i experienced what you’re describing with my C230. But the moment you reach higher speeds, you’ll experience superior driving dynamics. The 3.5liter engine you find in the “350” models is much more eager to get going from the start.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Now Makes Fighter Jet Parts - CNN / Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral / Innoson Motors Prize List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.