Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day (35467 Views)

Amosun’s N27.3 Billion Abandoned Model School Project / ‘Boniface Igbeneghu Acted So Godly On Campus’ — UNILAG Student On Lecturer / Governor Amosun;politics Of Succession And Education Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by dbanjj1629(m): 11:02am On Jun 08, 2019
So true. I know the boy, the school and his parents. So unfortunate.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by ehinorlive: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2019
Ay04z:
Doesn't really matter. The sky is the starting p point for the poor boy. . My advice him he shoud study harder.
Education pays. Yeah it work for me. Cheers.
what is ur networth?
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
bbn is sponsored u can decide sponsor d child...u guys keep dragging bbn..how about pple who get paid high money for playing football... our universities how endowment funds does it received from well meaning Nigerians and alumni...how many people sponsor awards for best students in universities,dept etc...pple leave this country and get scholarships to school abroad can we have such here too... besides Wat dis boy need is scholarship not cash

We're still saying the same thing, always try to understand one's post before castigating. Why can't the ones sponsoring bnn help with scholarship?

Why can't those endorsing bbn housemates, endorse best graduating students?

And i started in my post that, why can't the governor give him scholarship.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2019
Femiblacky:

...and did the boy received the scholarship here?
Bros, no vex oo, you are part of the problem we have in this country... Your thoughts are just too myopic
gbayi washere bami
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by crusufixo(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2019
I do not want to believe this story.I want to believe that this was a by the side award from ex-govenor besides the main award.....
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by ajebuter(f): 11:10am On Jun 08, 2019
For academic excellence and outstanding performance.....5k

For slay queens and runs girls.....1million at least.. ( You should read how the likes of Roman Goddess and other online slay queens boast about how their lifestyles are funded by their political zaddies)

That's how we roll in Naija
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Bossjakande: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2019
but if u go big brother sex urself on TV u get 45m
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by 9gerian: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2019
That one (ministry of education) is another kettle of fish entirely.

Mostly square pegs are put in round holes just to try and close the gap in education between the north and the south. The result is a complete slow down of the sector, and of course the Nigeria that we see all around us today...

Ifyz0001:
Even the Federal government tertiary institution scholarship exam that was held last in 2018, up till now no information on the reason for writing these exam.No result, no list of candidates that passed, no scholarship, no nothing. Adamu Adamu and buhari don't like education simple. These our leaders don't have our time, they want to rule Nigeria even in their after life.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by ishawlar: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2019
Amosun is a man of shame. Useless governor not even a scholarship
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Adewale1603(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2019
miketayo:

You need to be flogged, you are definitely a problem in this country.
Yes five million is a start.. do u know how much it's cost to train a child from nursery school to university.
5 million is too much though , even a reasonable person would start from at least 50,000 or 100,000. But the 5,000 is not proper at all
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2019
But he can pay millions to have "gbe bodie e" artistes as ambassadors, absolute lubbish!!
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Alashoalash10: 11:18am On Jun 08, 2019
MORANOCEE:
Shame! Boy gets 11 Exercise Books Plus N5000 fromGovernor For Being Best Student

11 NOTE BOOKS + N5000 PRIZE MONEY
Why do we keep ridiculing Education in Nigeria? My happiness turned to anger today after these photos were sent me by a proud father and friend.I congratulated him as he told me that his son(in a RED BOW TIE pictured near the immediate past Governor of Ogun State; Ibikunle Amosun ) emerged the overall Best in an Essay Competition organised by Ogun State Government on May 27, 2019(Children’s Day).

When he told me what the prize was, I immediately developed goose pimples and stomach upset at same time. Can you imagine that the ultimate prize for the 1st position and Best student was 11 note books(60 Leaves) and a meagre sum of N5000(FIVE THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY)?

Why has government become shameless with no conscience? Imagine an exercise organised by an Executive Governor of a State who even posed to take photos with the winner?. Couldn’t he have done better? Was there manipulations and cornering of the real prize money by organizers? Why do we keep partaking in this dance of shame in the Educational sector where students that excel academically are never appreciated while some no-do-wells in some beauty or Entertainment contests win large sum of money?

I’m not only disappointed but angry with the organizers of that event and the Governor that shamelessly handed such Award and posed for a photograph. He should have ignored the cash prize and given the little boy an EXECUTIVE HANDSHAKE from the Governor as I received from the Chairman of my Convocation event after graduating with multiple Awards as the Overall Best Student.

Lest I forget, the financially struggling father said he borrowed N9000 that covered theLogistics of moving to the stadium with his family to cheer his son up during the competition.However, he is still grateful for his son achieving such feat.

I still maintain that we are not doing enough to encourage education and Academic excellence in this Country. It is sad! #IRMC
what do you expect, the president has no certificate, many governors were former thugs,many of them in NA are political thugs our education is in a serious mess in Nigeria
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

We're still saying the same thing, always try to understand one's post before castigating. Why can't the ones sponsoring bnn help with scholarship?

Why can't those endorsing bbn housemates, endorse best graduating students?

And i started in my post that, why can't the governor give him scholarship.
let others endorse and sponsor education...other countries like US we cite de have countless reality shows...you guys should leave bbn alone...
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
let others endorse and sponsor education...other countries like US we cite de have countless reality shows...you guys should leave bbn alone...

You guys are always fast to say other countries like US have reality shows etc.
It's like person wey neva see money yet to chop beta food comparing himself to someone who can feed his whole generation.

First thing first, that's the way to progress.

If someone earning 2m per month waste money, buying expending rides etc, person wey dey managing 80k per month too leaves all the important things he should manage his 80k on but start thinking how to save all salaries so as to buy expensive ride like the 2m guy. How do you see that?

USA etc have labored, planned, suffered and sweated to be where they are today, so if they do some things, it will be lame for us to be comparing ourselves to them. Yet, even with the reality shows, those countries still know what they are doing, don't be deceived, that are spending 80% of their revenue on science, tech and other things that will give them progress.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by wolfenstein(m): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2019
School na scam for 9ja jor
Not even textbooks for the rest of his life or monetary scholarship
Na him person for here dey talk say the boy too young to collect money.
Why won't ppl die just to enter Big brother naija.....
How much is d fee:#5000
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Midex88(m): 11:37am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:
What where you expecting a child like that to receive, should the government gift him five million or five biilion before you are satisfied,education is not showbiz,where sponsors provide fund's,that little boy does not even need money now,what he needs are more books and scholarship.

Is that the reason for the governor to shamelessly give him 11 excecise book and 5k
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by blowjohn(m): 11:37am On Jun 08, 2019
Runaway:
Education is good, schooling is a scam.

Yeah.
A good example is my nigger Nas. Greatest lyricist in Hip Hop. Top 5 greatest lyricist in music along side Bob Dylan, Paul Simon and perhaps U2
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

You guys are always fast to say other countries like US have reality shows etc.
It's like person wey neva see money yet to chop beta food comparing himself to someone who can feed his whole generation.

First thing first, that's the way to progress.

If someone earning 2m per month waste money, buying expending rides etc, person wey dey managing 80k per month too leaves all the important things he should manage his 80k on but start thinking how to save all salaries so as to buy expensive ride like the 2m guy. How do you see that?

USA etc have labored, planned, suffered and sweated to be where they are today, so if they do some things, it will be lame for us to be comparing ourselves to them. Yet, even with the reality shows, those countries still know what they are doing, don't be deceived, that are spending 80% of their revenue on science, tech and other things that will give them progress.
is it Nigerian govt that sponsoring bbn?? bbn is sponsored Just like football is sponsored in Europe...privately...dragging bbn into every conversation is Just lame...let's face the government to set a standard for education and involve private sponsorship for the less privileged simple
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by palsenator(m): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:
What where you expecting a child like that to receive, should the government gift him five million or five biilion before you are satisfied,education is not showbiz,where sponsors provide fund's,that little boy does not even need money now,what he needs are more books and scholarship.
Sometimes I pity the future of this country anytime I sight people like this. I am sure u don't have people with exceptional abilities around you, that is why u don't understand that there are things money could have done to assist this boy THROUGH SCHORLASHIP , EVEN HIS FATHER in making sure that such a brilliant boy does not end up in the street.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Fantazy(m): 11:40am On Jun 08, 2019
is it too much to award him a scholarship
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 08, 2019
Scam govt.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
is it Nigerian govt that sponsoring bbn?? bbn is sponsored Just like football is sponsored in Europe...privately...dragging bbn into every conversation is Just lame...let's face the government to set a standard for education and involve private sponsorship for the less privileged simple

i only mentioned bbn as an example, bbn is not Nigerians problem, not even 5% of the problem. All the same, the kind of importance and attention stuffs like that get while educations gets treated like shiits tells much about the country, the government and the citizens.

It's not only the government, every part has role to play. Then the government should have it's policies. When the government is serious about education, tech and development, then every other thing will conform.
North korea, America, China, Russia and the rest, the government dictate the tune society.

Not just only bbn, stuffs like that should be the last thing getting our attention in this kind of shiiit the country already is.

Anyway, we can keep deceiving ourselves and comparing ourselves to already developed country, while life can't be deceived. That's why the country will continue to be in shiiit. If you deceive yourself, you can't deceive life, life will always give you what you deserve.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by miketayo(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2019
Adewale1603:

5 million is too much though , even a reasonable person would start from at least 50,000 or 100,000. But the 5,000 is not proper at all

How much do winners of bbn get or anyone in showbiz, but when it gets to education it's different.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Adroit144(m): 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
Femiblacky:

...and did the boy received the scholarship here?
Bros, no vex oo, you are part of the problem we have in this country... Your thoughts are just too myopic
on point bro
https:///s7R9.gif
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by omooajisnooni: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2019
Education in Nigeria is a total mess
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by hopexter(m): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:
Why do Nigerians take pictures with cakes like that grin

Of all the things to talk about, yours is cake? Girls and sweet mouth are close like pant and yansh grin grin
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
hopexter:

Of all the things to talk about, yours is cake? Girls and sweet mouth are close like pant and yansh grin grin

Just an observation now. Why are they always reaching out to the cake? Is it running away ni?
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by hopexter(m): 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:

Just an observation now. Why are they always reaching out to the cake? Is it running away ni?

It's something we only get to eat when there's an occasion like this or birthday. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayade Orders Suspension Of Prayers In Schools / Can Date Of Birth On WAEC Be Corrected? / PTDF Overseas Scholarship 2013/2014: Shortlisted Candidates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.