Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,849 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day (35466 Views)

Amosun’s N27.3 Billion Abandoned Model School Project / ‘Boniface Igbeneghu Acted So Godly On Campus’ — UNILAG Student On Lecturer / Governor Amosun;politics Of Succession And Education Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by TGMISKY(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2019
What a pity! Miss Nigeria, MBGN, BBN, Best dancing competition, etc gets millions of naira, car, and an endorsement deal. Education gets 11 exercise books and N5000. No wonder people keep shouting "school na scam".
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Sexymercy: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
Save me from committing SUICIDE if you are seeing this... Please subscribe to my channel by clicking on the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Fm1ybgDkc
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by bizhop01: 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
The same governor is ready to give out 5 million naira to BB naira winner.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by khalidx: 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:
What where you expecting a child like that to receive, should the government gift him five million or five biilion before you are satisfied,education is not showbiz,where sponsors provide fund's,that little boy does not even need money now,what he needs are more books and scholarship.
how much is sense in your area
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by FORNALS(m): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
[quote author=MORANOCEE post=79119601]Shame! Boy gets 11 Exercise Books Plus N5000 fromGovernor For Being Best Student

11 NOTE BOOKS + N5000 PRIZE MONEY
Why do we keep ridiculing Education in Nigeria? My happiness turned to anger today after these photos were sent me by a proud father and friend.I congratulated him as he told me that his son(in a RED BOW TIE pictured near the immediate past Governor of Ogun State; Ibikunle Amosun ) emerged the overall Best in an Essay Competition organised by Ogun State Government on May 27, 2019(Children’s Day).

When he told me what the prize was, I immediately developed goose pimples and stomach upset at same time. Can you imagine that the ultimate prize for the 1st position and Best student was 11 note books(60 Leaves) and a meagre sum of N5000(FIVE THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY)?

Why has government become shameless with no conscience? Imagine an exercise organised by an Executive Governor of a State who even posed to take photos with the winner?. Couldn’t he have done better? Was there manipulations and cornering of the real prize money by organizers? Why do we keep partaking in this dance of shame in the Educational sector where students that excel academically are never appreciated while some no-do-wells in some beauty or Entertainment contests win large sum of money?

I’m not only disappointed but angry with the organizers of that event and the Governor that shamelessly handed such Award and posed for a photograph. He should have ignored the cash prize and given the little boy an EXECUTIVE HANDSHAKE from the Governor as I received from the Chairman of my Convocation event after graduating with multiple Awards as the Overall Best Student.

Lest I forget, the financially struggling father said he borrowed N9000 that covered theLogistics of moving to the stadium with his family to cheer his son up during the competition.However, he is still grateful for his son achieving such feat.
God will punish the useless government and its supporters. amin
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by ultimatekint(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
Amosun,Amosun,Amosun, you simply bring shame to the south west.Go and reverse that which you have done.Ha haaaàa!
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Auduambless(m): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
bluntolumide:
and if the young lad ends up as a yahoo boy now
.........mtchewwww

gone are the days when education used to be the key to success
.........nowadays if you cant use your common sense and do the needful you will die wretched...

I wont go to school just because there's a certainty I would make it in life.......but just to fulfill all righteousness.....

Are U A Yahoo+ Boy?
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MORANOCEE(m): 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
Bro no scholarship was given. I confronted the dad and queried him serious cos when he told me I burst into laughter that later changed to anger.
lebron7:

You are the problem
Do you expect the government to give him millions?
And how are you sure he wasn't also given a scholarship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MORANOCEE(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
Did you not read that the Governor is Amosun the immediate past Governor of Ogun State. For the school’s name just leave that out of it at least there is a photo evidence Incase anyone wants to contest it
KIDfurniture:
School or no school..he will get to his destination. Education is dying slowly in this part of the world. Your news isnt complete..what's the name of the governor , what state? Name of school? Incomplete news ja re. I consider this post inconclusive. Not valid
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MORANOCEE(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
Can you listen to yourself? People are expected to think with their brains not through their anuses
MrFly:
The problem in Nigeria starts with people like mr. Poster. What do u expect the government to give the boy? Millions abi? May God forgive our parents whose penchant for greed and material things can never be defined. The sky is ur limit young lad
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Treasure17(m): 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:
What where you expecting a child like that to receive, should the government gift him five million or five biilion before you are satisfied,education is not showbiz,where sponsors provide fund's,that little boy does not even need money now,what he needs are more books and scholarship.

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:

The boy will not reject scholarship
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by IMASTEX: 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Femiblacky:

...and did the boy received the scholarship here?
Bros, no vex oo, you are part of the problem we have in this country... Your thoughts are just too myopic
That is even an understatement. The guy is the problem of Niaja himself
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by olusma23(m): 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
Everything about us is money, money. Is the money meant for his parent? The boy has made his family proud.

I will only blame the state government if truly they failed to give the poor boy Scholarship.
I repeat what the boy need is Scholarship.

And those comparing sponsored program like BBN with Academic excellence Haba!

Do you know the children`s day is 2 days to Mr Governor handing over... So I guess he no dey happy mood to give better money..

#My opinion
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MartinsD12(m): 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
MORANOCEE:
Shame! Boy gets 11 Exercise Books Plus N5000 fromGovernor For Being Best Student

11 NOTE BOOKS + N5000 PRIZE MONEY
Why do we keep ridiculing Education in Nigeria? My happiness turned to anger today after these photos were sent me by a proud father and friend.I congratulated him as he told me that his son(in a RED BOW TIE pictured near the immediate past Governor of Ogun State; Ibikunle Amosun ) emerged the overall Best in an Essay Competition organised by Ogun State Government on May 27, 2019(Children’s Day).

When he told me what the prize was, I immediately developed goose pimples and stomach upset at same time. Can you imagine that the ultimate prize for the 1st position and Best student was 11 note books(60 Leaves) and a meagre sum of N5000(FIVE THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY)?

Why has government become shameless with no conscience? Imagine an exercise organised by an Executive Governor of a State who even posed to take photos with the winner?. Couldn’t he have done better? Was there manipulations and cornering of the real prize money by organizers? Why do we keep partaking in this dance of shame in the Educational sector where students that excel academically are never appreciated while some no-do-wells in some beauty or Entertainment contests win large sum of money?

I’m not only disappointed but angry with the organizers of that event and the Governor that shamelessly handed such Award and posed for a photograph. He should have ignored the cash prize and given the little boy an EXECUTIVE HANDSHAKE from the Governor as I received from the Chairman of my Convocation event after graduating with multiple Awards as the Overall Best Student.

Lest I forget, the financially struggling father said he borrowed N9000 that covered theLogistics of moving to the stadium with his family to cheer his son up during the competition.However, he is still grateful for his son achieving such feat.

I still maintain that we are not doing enough to encourage education and Academic excellence in this Country. It is sad! #IRMC
Too bad 5000 is too small why not give the boy full scholarship and 500k or 1m that shows our leaders are the one Rubbishing education
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by KukumaKillMe: 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:

Tchew
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MrFly(m): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
MORANOCEE:
Can you listen to yourself? People are expected to think with their brains not through their anuses
tanx but i still insist that ur penchant for 'free' money is second to none. We have millions of kids like that in the street who partake and come out tops in academic activities daily. Must we always reward excellence with cash? Retrace ur steps and help d country grow.. Dont be a money monger!
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Ay04z(m): 12:56am On Jun 09, 2019
ehinorlive:
what is ur networth?
my ancestors will answer that.. Why will I declare that here. Well am. Not a rich guy.. But am doing fine.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MORANOCEE(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2019
MrFly:
tanx but i still insist that ur penchant for 'free' money is second to none. We have millions of kids like that in the street who partake and come out tops in academic activities daily. Must we always reward excellence with cash? Retrace ur steps and help d country grow.. Dont be a money monger!

The more you try to make sense you sound more foolish. Who is talking about Cash reward here? What about scholarships? Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well not do things without shame. PRIZE is different from GIFT so anything given as a PRIZE didn’t come free cos hardwork is the PRICE for PRIZE. I know your mediocrity comment is because you were part of the idiotic conspiracy at that event. May your sweat go unrewarded! It could have been better with a handshake instead of fooling themselves. Kindly note that the father of the Child is not agitating for anything but I took it up as an Education Advocate because anyone that heard it became embarrassed themselves that a Governor or an event of that magnitude could mock Education publicly. Kindly CHECK MY SIGNATURE LINE
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MrFly(m): 9:14am On Jun 09, 2019
MORANOCEE:

The more you try to make sense you sound more foolish. Who is talking about Cash reward here? What about scholarships? Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well not do things without shame. PRIZE is different from GIFT so anything given as a PRIZE didn’t come free cos hardwork is the PRICE for PRIZE. I know your mediocrity comment is because you were part of the idiotic conspiracy at that event. May your sweat go unrewarded! It could have been better with a handshake instead of fooling themselves. Kindly note that the father of the Child is not agitating for anything but I took it up as an Education Advocate because anyone that heard it became embarrassed themselves that a Governor or an event of that magnitude could mock Education publicly. Kindly CHECK MY SIGNATURE LINE
i do not need checking ur signature line, ur comment says it all, imagine u, trying to instigate the gullible public to start up unnecesary and harsh criticism of the government just because ur friends kid was not rewarded handsomely with cash. U said the price for excellence is a prize and the little kid got prizes. The problem of this country is 'awoof' which i understood from ur write up that ur are a strong supporter of. I do not know the governor and am not from that state but i wont sit and watch people of ur kind promoting laziness among the masses through 'awoof' from the government, its agencies, corporate bodies or even individuals. Hardwork pays but we Nigerians must understand that everything isnt about cash. Get that into ur thick skull. Proudly Akwa Ibom son!
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MORANOCEE(m): 8:21am On Jun 11, 2019
MrFly:
i do not need checking ur signature line, ur comment says it all, imagine u, trying to instigate the gullible public to start up unnecesary and harsh criticism of the government just because ur friends kid was not rewarded handsomely with cash. U said the price for excellence is a prize and the little kid got prizes. The problem of this country is 'awoof' which i understood from ur write up that ur are a strong supporter of. I do not know the governor and am not from that state but i wont sit and watch people of ur kind promoting laziness among the masses through 'awoof' from the government, its agencies, corporate bodies or even individuals. Hardwork pays but we Nigerians must understand that everything isnt about cash. Get that into ur thick skull. Proudly Akwa Ibom son!

You are a disgrace to Akwa Ibom state and even the dogs would deny you for this statement! When a sane man tries to argue with a mad man he begins to sound mad. I can no longer argue with you as the best place for you to rest is the Yaba Left estate with your friends. So sad to have people like you walking freely and talking. I doubt if you ever value education
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MrFly(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
MORANOCEE:

You are a disgrace to Akwa Ibom state and even the dogs would deny you for this statement! When a sane man tries to argue with a mad man he begins to sound mad. I can no longer argue with you as the best place for you to rest is the Yaba Left estate with your friends. So sad to have people like you walking freely and talking. I doubt if you ever value education
i strongly believe u are a product of schorlarship award from ur community only if u made it through d four walls of tertiary institution based on ur archiac views.. Even in Freetown nothing is free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayade Orders Suspension Of Prayers In Schools / Can Date Of Birth On WAEC Be Corrected? / PTDF Overseas Scholarship 2013/2014: Shortlisted Candidates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.