Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Myself Vs My Landlord - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Myself Vs My Landlord (728 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myself Vs My Landlord by DanZenithh(m): 3:59am On Jun 08, 2019
Good day everyone,

Please I need serious legal advise on how to go about this. My landlord is giving me a tough time and I'll like to tackle it with him legally, reason why I need law people to help me out. This is my 2nd years plus in his house, my rent will expire by August 31, about 7 months ago the old man and myself have been having issues in sharing NEPA Bill (phcn), and after much talks I always pay whatever he claims to be my portion, recently (last week) he has to disconnect my apartment from power supply due to our usual point of disagreement, like that's not enough, yesterday I was served a quit notice by him to vacate the apartment. Now my questions is

1. He has cut me off from power source, and I still have three good months before the expiration of my payment.

2. He served me quit notice on 7/6/2019 and my payment will last till 31/8/2019, he claimed that quit notice is three months to the expiration of rent (instead of Six months).

My amiable lawyers and law people in the house should please advise me on what to do and how to go about this.

In anticipation of your responses, I thank you.

1 Like

Re: Myself Vs My Landlord by midey93(f): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: Myself Vs My Landlord by midey93(f): 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2020

(1) (Reply)

FOR SALE: 4 Bedroom Bungalow With 4 Toilets & Baths And 2 Nos. Frontal Shops@Ifo / Fenced And Gated Estate Land In Owerri - Cedarwood City Estate / Semi Detached Duplex For Sale At Chevron Lekki.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.