Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant (4250 Views)

12 States Where Men Support Hitting Women Who Argue With Their Husbands - NDHS / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by babyfaceafrica: 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
now let's be pratical here.a man who beats you at the slightest of arguement,will you tell me the man you went out with a male bestie.before she got married,she had a life,she had friends,do you expect her to cut down on all her friends,because she's married to you,while you keep yours
she should have informed her husband?.. simple communication ..but she didn't..which means she is hiding something!!
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Kiddogarcia(m): 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
she should have informed her husband?.. simple communication ..but she didn't..which means she is hiding something!!
hiding what,informing him means more beating
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by babyfaceafrica: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
hiding what,informing him means more beating
we don't know that..wat we know is that she didn't tell him and got beaten!
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Kiddogarcia(m): 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
we don't know that..wat we know is that she didn't tell him and got beaten!
read and digest before commenting.before she got pregnant,the've always had issues,that has resulted to him hitting her.

1 Like

Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by babyfaceafrica: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
read and digest before commenting.before she got pregnant,the've always had issues,that has resulted to him hitting her.
and she hitting back
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
and she hitting back
ok what do you want,she should sit and watch while he beats her to death.if my daughter is strong enough,i'll implore her to hit her hussy back,if he dare hit her
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by babyfaceafrica: 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
ok what do you want,she should sit and watch while he beats her to death.if my daughter is strong enough,i'll implore her to hit her hussy back,if he dare hit her
every action deserves a reaction.. if it is my daughter.... the first time a man hits her, she will leave him....I don't indulge violent people!!
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
every action deserves a reaction.. if it is my daughter.... the first time a man hits her, she will leave him....I don't indulge violent people!!
we have to differentiate btw violence and defending yourself at times,d man would still come begging,and the circle continues tho,the best thing is to be a complete gentleman,and not hit a woman
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by babyfaceafrica: 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
we have to differentiate btw violence and defending yourself at times,d man would still come begging,and the circle continues tho,the best thing is to be a complete gentleman,and not hit a woman
I disagree
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
I disagree
and i respect your opinion
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by CanadianNaija: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
Sumk:
I didn't make it one, he was emotionally abusive and controlling before marriage as well but I thought he will change. Sadly, it only got worse. Initially, I tried to communicate with him and explain him but he gets angry and start physically abusing me to which I retaliate by hitting him back.But this time around, it only got worse

Please shut up and stop disturbing Nairaland with your sob story.

You have confirmed that he beats you before now, and you didn’t do anything. So what is different this time?
People should waste their precious time advising you?

GTFOH!
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by cococandy(f): 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2019
They were both wrong. Don’t make it about just her.
Yes she wrong first. But he was wrong in his reaction and his reaction was worse than the offense.

lonelygem:
For real?

But you fvcked up na, no man would be cool with his wife seeking emotional security from another man. Yeah! Incase u don't know, that's the implication of what you've done.

Why would u sneaked around with a friend of opposite gender without the consent of your husband? You've breached marital laws and vows..

No much problem yet though. I understand pregnant women can be illogical and irrational when it comes to thinking, especially at this stage (4 months).

Just show some remorse and admit that u were wrong. Apologize sincerely without binding words with him.

Words don't kill, be ready to absorb worse things he might say to you, most time we men don't mean what we say out of anger, some don't even remember after the moment has passed.

But please, its a heightened insult and embarrassment to your husband to sneak around with friends of opposite sex without his consent and approval.

Don't think much about this so u don't have a rise in ur blood pressure. Remember its not just you now, but you and your baby. You will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by cococandy(f): 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2019
So African equals to double standards! What’s to respect about that?
You even call it values. Rolls eyes
Please shut up

properties4sale:
madam you are African, you should respect that... Your husband wanted African values,else he would have married those whity over there. You should respect that.
The issue of beating didn't start today, you affirmed both of you hit yourselves(this is really funny sha cheesy grin a house of real commotion) , so there was never anytime both of you sat down to talk like adults ( and seem like you cool with it as that is the only language you two understands) .. So he only used your domestic "Lingual franca" to communicate to you what you did is bad...
Make una continue with this your fine communication skills until una kill unaselves one day!!! Mad funny couple.

Like I earlier Mentioned... Madam, RESPECT AFRICAN VALUES. What you did was WRONG, at least you should have informed him when he got back, not allowing him find out himself, it rakes suspicion.

Moving forward: Go back and apologize, hand him an olive branch for peace . You didn't do good, and no one will smile about what you did.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
I need to hear from kennygee when it comes to relationships or marriages. I always respect her comments
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 11, 2019
The moment you start keeping things like going out with the opposite sex from your husband, you have started allowing cracks in your marriage be that.

If it was you who saw two cinema receipts in his pocket, and you know it wasn't you he took to the cinema, how would you feel?

Your husband was totally wrong for hitting you, especially in your condition. But are you really sure you didn't notice his temper during courtship? If you did, then you should have known that keeping stuff like that from him will lead to stuff like this.

When you're courting someone and you come to see their flaws or some violent tendencies, courtship is where you decide if you can live with these flaws for the rest of your life. If he's showing violent signs in courtship and you still proceed to marrying him, it means you're okay with the consequences that comes with his temper or you're willing to walk around the landmines to ensure there will never be an explosion.

Did you notice his violent tendencies during courtship?
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Zither(m): 12:50am On Jun 12, 2019
kennygee:
The moment you start keeping things like going out with the opposite sex from your husband, you have started allowing cracks in your marriage be that.

If it was you who saw two cinema receipts in his pocket, and you know it wasn't you he took to the cinema, how would you feel?

Your husband was totally wrong for hitting you, especially in your condition. But are you really sure you didn't notice his temper during courtship? If you did, then you should have known that keeping stuff like that from him will lead to stuff like this.

When you're courting someone and you come to see their flaws or some violent tendencies, courtship is where you decide if you can live with these flaws for the rest of your life. If he's showing violent signs in courtship and you still proceed to marrying him, it means you're okay with the consequences that comes with his temper or you're willing to walk around the landmines to ensure there will never be an explosion.

Did you notice his violent tendencies during courtship?

She well did. That was the reason for my comment.
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Zither(m): 12:58am On Jun 12, 2019
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Sumk: 1:20am On Jun 12, 2019
Yes.....but it was to not to any physical or verbal level.....he was a bit controlling and emotionally unavailable in the start but physical assault to this level only escalated during pregnancy.
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Sumk: 1:30am On Jun 12, 2019
And like any individual I tried my level best to cope up with his anger, there have been numerous occasions where like a cultured wife I have kept quiet and bear with him hoping he will change or be nice but he doesn't seem to understand or care. Now, I am scared to imagine another 30 years with a man like him where I will be under constant stress and fear of not committing any mistake.......as doing that will result in god only knows what.......

And I too come from a culture where marriage is considered sacred and thing like divorce is condemned
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Ishilove: 3:09am On Jun 12, 2019
lonelygem:
For real?

But you fvcked up na, no man would be cool with his wife seeking emotional security from another man. Yeah! Incase u don't know, that's the implication of what you've done.

Why would u sneaked around with a friend of opposite gender without the consent of your husband? You've breached marital laws and vows..

No much problem yet though. I understand pregnant women can be illogical and irrational when it comes to thinking, especially at this stage (4 months).

Just show some remorse and admit that u were wrong. Apologize sincerely without binding words with him.

Words don't kill, be ready to absorb worse things he might say to you, most time we men don't mean what we say out of anger, some don't even remember after the moment has passed.

But please, its a heightened insult and embarrassment to your husband to sneak around with friends of opposite sex without his consent and approval.

Don't think much about this so u don't have a rise in ur blood pressure. Remember its not just you now, but you and your baby. You will be fine.

What rubbish are you writing??
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by Ishilove: 3:14am On Jun 12, 2019
Sumk:
Help me because slowly and slowly I am loosing my self esteem, getting bruised all over in pregnancy has left me with trauma and I still feel helpless
Stay there until he uses beating to kill the baby in your womb, you hear?

How come two of you are beating each other up? Why is violence a part of your marriage?? It seems there are deeper underlying issues which are not being addressed.
Re: Husband Started Hitting Me During A Arguement And I Am Pregnant by mysticwarrior(m): 5:39am On Jun 12, 2019
virgoquin:
Who are these barbaric men supporting this wicked act of hitting a pregnant woman and even telling her to go and apologize....

Apologize for what biko.Their mothers sure did a bad job in their upbringing.

Any man that tries this stupid act with me would have been cooling his ass in prison now cheesy but area thugs will first reason his matter
just listen to the arrant nonsense you are spewing out of that your garbage mouth, nobody support the hitting of a pregnant woman here, the woman is the cause of what happened to her.
The first time the man hits her why didn't she take action to call the police or walk out of the relationship?
She believes she is strong enough to fights back and even overpower the man during fighting hence she never find a solution and keep on fighting, she also condoned the usedof fighting to settle disputes in her matrimony so why is she now complaining.
Reasonable evidence suggests that the this lady find pleasure in taking revenge, "hit me I hit you, fight me I fight you, go out on a date without telling me and I go out on a date without telling you. The woman is still very immature and thinks marriage is child's play. So you would bring up area thugs to beat your husband if it were you? Just listen to how very stupid you sound, how old are you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Skin Colour Is Your?(photo) / Is It Normal?: Wanting Out Of The Relationship / The 'me And My Husband Alone" Sydromne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.