Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? (3488 Views)

See How Education Has Hidden And Covered The Natural Laws Of God / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
LordReed:

Interesting, not really in the ballpark of what I was looking for but interesting none the less.
your welcome.

lemme summoned the ghost plaetton.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
your welcome.

lemme summoned the ghost plaetton.

undecided
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2019
SocialJustice:
You're fooling nobody. Swear you've never seen the Bible or read it or heard of God's greatness?

Yeah. I have heard of the greatness of Zeus.

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:
You are asking the same question you raised in the former thread. If God is omniscience?. X should be able to do x. An unintelligent question.

Well, laws are not cast in stone, laws of nature are not permantely fixed, improvement occur as we can see using the laws of motion as defined by newtom. they have been invalidated after we realised there exists a phenomenon called "relativity" thanks to Albert Einstein. which defies the second law. So the "laws" were improved. Similar was the fate of other 'classical laws.

Now scientists have developed a more refined set of equations and principles to explain the phenomenons that were once contradictory to the newer observations.

What exactly are you talking about?

The laws of nature are immutable.

Human ideas about that laws of nature have been evolving over time with new scientific discoveries. It is not the laws that are changing or improving, as you put it. It is our understanding of the laws.
For example, not long ago in your village, people believed that thunderstorms and floods were caused by an angry God or gods. For those people, that was the laws of nature at work.
Now we know better.
Many fools still believe that accidents are caused by blood-sucking demons. Well, needless to say that we know better.

2 Likes

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:
how will you even know if the law are changed or not changed without observation. It is only what your human mind can understand that you can work with. Base on human mind , laws can change base on our current perspective. law are not set in stone. New observation open door to new understanding. So yes, by our perspective, natural law can change.
The laws of mathematics that underpine natural phenomena are rigid and immutable.
Any ideas of God , or whatever one chooses to call it, that falls outside the confines of the rigid laws of mathematics are nothing but fantasies.

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

undecided
greeting my boss. patiently waiting for your testimony from atheist to Christianity.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
greeting my boss. patiently waiting for your testimony from atheist to Christianity.
Greetings sir. wink

Lol.
Like I have heard of an adult who got tired of walking, and decided that crawling was a more efficient use of his limbs.

Or
like saying, when my eyes are shut , I'm free to imagine to see anything my mind wants to see. But when my eyes are open, I see a lot of things I don't want to see. Therefore , it serves my mind better to keep my eyes shut.

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

What exactly are you talking about?

The laws of nature are immutable.

Human ideas about that laws of nature have been evolving over time with new scientific discoveries. It is not the laws that are changing or improving, as you put it. It is our understanding of the laws.
For example, not long ago in your village, people believed that thunderstorms and floods were caused by an angry God or gods. For those people, that was the laws of nature at work.
Now we know better.
Many fools still believe that accidents are caused by blood-sucking demons. Well, needless to say that we know better.
You actually quote me out of point, basically neglecting my contribution. Your first question will have been enough.

By human understanding, our nature changes as we get to explore new observation which may contradict what we already know about the universe. The universe itself is not CHANGING(This is also debatable) but human perspective which are continuously improving base on our current understanding. I have explain this with Johnny.

Philosophically, the law of nature would vary along with human beings' understanding. From Newton's three physical laws to Einstein's theory of relativity, the law monitoring the universe is changed.

Scientifically it ls assumes that the current laws of physics did not apply [in the period immediately following the Big Bang]. They took hold only after the density of the universe dropped below the threshold.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

Greetings sir. wink

Lol.
Like I have heard of an adult who got tired of walking, and decided that crawling was a more efficient use of his limbs.

Or
like saying, when my eyes are shut , I'm free to imagine to see anything my mind wants to see. But when my eyes are open, I see a lot of things I don't want to see. Therefore , it serves my mind better to keep my eyes shut.
God will use you to prove He exist, and other nairaland atheists will be converted and be save.

you know, He use Paul. I believed your wife is praying for you. I pray for you too.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

The laws of mathematics that underpine natural phenomena are rigid and immutable.
Any ideas of God , or whatever one chooses to call it, that falls outside the confines of the rigid laws of mathematics are nothing but fantasies.

This will have been so, but unfortunately there exist some article online which address this better than i can do. One is “Anything Can Change, Even an Immutable Law of Nature” (New York Times) and “Are the Laws of Nature Changing with Time?” (Physics World.). These articles generally concern whether certain physical parameters really change or not.

You can read up online.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by johnydon22(m): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
kkins25:

We are not talking about certain animals are we? After all certain animals like the water spider literally walks on water.
That doesn't go contrary to the laws of physics at all

2 Likes

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
God will use you to prove He exist, and other nairaland atheists will be converted and be save.

you know, He use Paul. I believed your wife is praying for you. I pray for you too.
Lol.
God has been waiting 4.7b years just to me to prove that he really exists.
Even if I get delusional tomorrow, and begin to scream that God exists, that would not be proof that God exists.

Why would it be so difficult for God to just show up, just like the our heavenly Father, the Sun, shows up every single day for the past 4.7b years ?

And by the way, Paul was not coverted . Paul, as we post diagnose him, appeared to been suffering from a known ailment, Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE).
Read up on it.

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

Lol.
God has been waiting 4.7b years just to me to prove that he really exists.
Even if I get delusional tomorrow, and begin to scream that God exists, that would not be proof that God exists.

Why would it be so difficult for God to just show up, just like the our heavenly Father, the Sun, shows up every single day for the past 4.7b years ?

And by the way, Paul was not coverted . Paul, as we post diagnose him, appeared to been suffering from a known ailment, Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE).
Read up on it.
what I really mean in my post was that God will use you as a point of contact to other atheists, nature is enough prove that God exist, is just that the atheists don't want surrender there stubborn will. do you why He is God? you don't decide how much evidence you need, God does, neither do you decide when God will lose Patience with us.

I don't even have a response in regard to your comment about Paul. it is very funny, atheists can believed in ALL BOOKS, but Bible, lai lai . they don't believed.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
what I really mean in my post was that God will use you as a point of contact to other atheists, nature is enough prove that God exist, is just that the atheists don't want surrender there stubborn will. do you why He is God? you don't decide how much evidence you need, God does, neither do you decide when God will lose Patience with us.

I don't even have a response in regard to your comment about Paul. it is very funny, atheists can believed in ALL BOOKS, but Bible, lai lai . they don't believed.

Again, why doesn't the sun, the begeter and Sustainer of our Solar system ever find a bloke to use as its point of contact ?

Isn't it just a tad suspicious that it has to be an invisible omni omniness that finds blokes , psychopaths and fraudsters to use as a point of contact ?

The Sun , our Glorious Orb, begets and sustains all life on Earth. The sun doesn't need points of contacts, prophets, stone age myths, or money-grabbing centers and schemes to prove its power, influence and benevolence to all life.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Lxdd: 7:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:
how will you know if the law are changed or not changed without human perspective?

No, don't think so. But one question; sure you've heard of Heisenberg's Uncertain principle, if God really watches over all we do, assuming he also observes at the particle, shouldn't we get the same wave function when we observe a particle??
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Lxdd: 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
He doesn't sound like a Christian.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

Again, why doesn't the sun, the begeter and Sustainer of our Solar system ever find a bloke to use as its point of contact ?

Isn't it just a tad suspicious that it has to be an invisible omni omniness that finds blokes , psychopaths and fraudsters to use as a point of contact ?

The Sun , our Glorious Orb, begets and sustains all life on Earth. The sun doesn't need points of contacts, prophets, stone age myths, or money-grabbing centers and schemes to prove its power, influence and benevolence to all life.
and the sun just pop out from nowhere ? I mean , IT JUST HAPPENED , that's one giant leap of faith. if an atheist does not have explanation to this mysterious existence of the sun, why would he rule the possibilities that God may have create it ? why will anyone want to jeopardize his eternity ? atheists are very strong, Strong faith indeed.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2019
Lxdd:
He doesn't sound like a Christian.
I know him bro.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Lxdd: 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
and the sun just pop out from nowhere ? I mean , IT JUST HAPPENED , that's one giant leap of faith. if an atheist does not have explanation to this mysterious existence of the sun, why would he rule the possibilities that God may have create it ? why will anyone want to jeopardize with his eternity ? atheists are very strong, Strong faith indeed.
Lol.. The existence of the Sun is not mysterious at all.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
Lxdd:

Lol.. The existence of the Sun is not mysterious at all.
I mean how did it come to be ? it just appeared there?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
and the sun just pop out from nowhere ? I mean , IT JUST HAPPENED , that's one giant leap of faith. if an atheist does not have explanation to this mysterious existence of the sun, why would he rule the possibilities that God may have create it ? why will anyone want to jeopardize his eternity ? atheists are very strong, Strong faith indeed.
Lol.
See ?
Someone has not been reading his basic science books.
The sun didn't just pop out of nowhere.
We know how suns are born and die . We know how planets are born of accreted matter , and how they die .
Basic grade school science.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

Lol.
See ?
Someone has not been reading his basic science books.
The sun didn't just pop out of nowhere.
We know how suns are born and die . We know how planets are born of accreted matter , and how they die .
Basic grade school science.
well, I heard that in science, if the sun is any more closer from were it is now, life will be annihilated and if it any further everything will freeze. so were it is now , it did not just appeared there, any wonder why David wonder in the psalmist, in chapter 8.
When I consider your heavens, the work of
your fingers, the moon and the stars, which
you have SET in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him, the
son of man that you care for him?

did i need to say much ?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
Lxdd:

No, don't think so. But one question; sure you've heard of Heisenberg's Uncertain principle, if God really watches over all we do, assuming he also observes at the particle, shouldn't we get the same wave function when we observe a particle??

The uncertainity theory clearly states that it is only applicable to micro particles. And not macro particles , we too can also apply macroscopic. Therefore our position and velocity can be calculated simultaneously.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
well, I heard that in science, if the sun is any more closer from were it is now, life will be annihilated and if it any further everything will freeze. so were it is now , it did not just appeared there, any wonder why David wonder in the psalmist, in chapter 8.
When I consider your heavens, the work of
your fingers, the moon and the stars, which
you have SET in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him, the
son of man that you care for him?

did i need to say much ?
Firstly, according to your bible, David was an illiterate shepherd boy, never learnt to read and write.
So forget the idea that he wrote anything poems or works of prose.
Those were lifted from the Egyptian texts, in praise of the Sun.

Again, it's obvious you skipped science class.
We know that life on earth didn't just spring up like magic. It took the earth more than 4 billions years just to settle in that stable orbit that allowed the emergence and sustenance of life.

Even today, the earth's wobble is still measurable.
With 100 billion suns in our milky way galaxy system alone,
Wherever the conditions for life are present , life would inevitably emerge. No God Required.

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Lxdd: 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:

The uncertainity theory clearly states that it is only applicable to micro particles. And not macro particles , we too can also apply macroscopic. Therefore our position and velocity can be calculated simultaneously.
My post was suppose to say "observe at the particle level(microscopic)"
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2019
Lxdd:

My post was suppose to say "observe at the particle level(microscopic)"
so what are you driving at now, if i can understand.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by malvisguy212: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

Firstly, according to your bible, David was an illiterate shepherd boy, never learnt to read and write.

We know that life on earth didn't just spring up like magic. It took the earth more than 4 billions years just to settle in that stable orbit that allowed the emergence and sustenance of life.

Wherever the conditions for life are present , life would inevitably emerge. No God Required.
The Earth is the only known planet equipped with an
atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life. (coincidence or design ?)

For some strange reason, we have a very thin atmosphere, just the right density to maintain the presence of liquid, solid and gaseous water necessary to life (coincidence or design?).
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
The Earth is the only known planet equipped with an
atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life. (coincidence or design ?)

For some strange reason, we have a very thin atmosphere, just the right density to maintain the presence of liquid, solid and gaseous water necessary to life (coincidence or design?).

Let me ask you, how many planets are there in our milky way galaxy system ? About 100 billion.
How many galaxies do you think we have in the known universe.
I00 billion billion or more.

So, out of that, how many planets have we explored for life ?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by grandstar(m): 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2019
plaetton:

David wasn't an illiterate. Jewish parents were to inculcate the Law into the hearts of their children (Deuteronomy 6:6-9).

On the other hand, if you said he was "unlettered and ordinary" you may have a point (Acts 4:13)

Do you know that the possibility of a protein in the human cell appearing by chance is 1 in 10 raised to the power 150. Science says any figure higher than raised to the power 117 should be considered impossible. How much more a human and how much more the beautiful Earth that reeks of intelligent design? !

Science says life can only eminate from life. Even science disproves evolution.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 12:19am On Jun 10, 2019
grandstar:

David wasn't an illiterate. Jewish parents were to inculcate the Law into the hearts of their children (Deuteronomy 6:6-9).

On the other hand, if you said he was "unlettered and ordinary" you may have a point (Acts 4:13)

Do you know that the possibility of a protein in the human cell appearing by chance is 1 in 10 raised to the power 150. Science says any figure higher than raised to the power 117 should be considered impossible. How much more a human and how much more the beautiful Earth that reeks of intelligent design? !

Science says life can only eminate from life. Even science disproves evolution.

Good try my friend.
But, you have soooooo much to learn.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by grandstar(m): 12:34am On Jun 10, 2019
plaetton:

Good try my friend.
But, you have soooooo much to learn.

Like what please?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by plaetton: 12:47am On Jun 10, 2019
grandstar:

Like what please?
I have to educate you on statistical probabilities, and the basics of biological evolution.
You're too too far away. That's why I said you have soooo much to learn.

My advice to you is not to criticize something you do not understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Selman: A Most Dangerous Weapon In Satan's Arsenal / Should Dreams Be Taken Seriously? / The Reality Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.