Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? (3461 Views)

See How Education Has Hidden And Covered The Natural Laws Of God / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by LordReed(m): 11:33am On Jun 08, 2019
Or can your god do things that completely defy the laws as we know them?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by hakeem4(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
Some people claimed he broke the 1st law of thermodynamics since energy can never be created nor destroyed. And god actually created the universe from nothing. grin

I do not know how true that is because there’s no evidence for that claim.

4 Likes

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by SocialJustice: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:
If you want to be atheist or agnostic then do so without mocking God.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by LordReed(m): 12:38pm On Jun 08, 2019
SocialJustice:
If you want to be atheist or agnostic then do so without mocking God.

How does this question mock god?

3 Likes

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by SocialJustice: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

How does this question mock god?
If you have to ask then you're already mocking.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
SocialJustice:
Oga,answer lordreed simple question,yes or no...period!

5 Likes

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by SocialJustice: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Oga,answer lordreed simple question,yes or no...period!
Aproko, who call you?

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by LordReed(m): 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
SocialJustice:

How is that? You mean if I don't know something and I ask a question I am mocking? Is that how they learn where you come from?

3 Likes

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by SocialJustice: 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

How is that? You mean if I don't know something and I ask a question I am mocking? Is that how they learn where you come from?
You're fooling nobody. Swear you've never seen the Bible or read it or heard of God's greatness?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:
You are asking the same question you raised in the former thread. If God is omniscience?. X should be able to do x. An unintelligent question.

Well, laws are not cast in stone, laws of nature are not permantely fixed, improvement occur as we can see using the laws of motion as defined by newtom. they have been invalidated after we realised there exists a phenomenon called "relativity" thanks to Albert Einstein. which defies the second law. So the "laws" were improved. Similar was the fate of other 'classical laws.

Now scientists have developed a more refined set of equations and principles to explain the phenomenons that were once contradictory to the newer observations.

Since science is a continuous ways of improving our understanding of the universe, we expect more of this to come in the future. So Holding to the notion that God exists> one can safely conclude that whatever observations scientists make about the universe now, they will simply expand the scope of laws to bring those observations under the umbrella of science.

So in theory ""Science does not mandate observations to follow the laws; it mandates that the laws should explain the observations""
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
SocialJustice:
Aproko, who call you?
M0ron, who invited you to the thread?who asked you to quote Lordreed,you retarrd?

3 Likes

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
SocialJustice:
Aproko, who call you?
M0ron, who invited you to the thread?who asked you to quote Lordreed,you retarrd?..
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by SocialJustice: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2019
Michellekabod2:

M0ron, who invited you to the thread?who asked you to quote Lordreed,you retarrd?
You are inconsequential and will be ignored.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by johnydon22(m): 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

Logically, Yes.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by johnydon22(m): 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
vaxx:
You are asking the same question you raised in the former thread. If God is omniscience?. X should be able to do x. An unintelligent question.

Well, laws are not cast in stone, laws of nature are not permantely fixed, improvement occur as we can see using the laws of motion as defined by newtom. they have been invalidated after we realised there exists a phenomenon called "relativity" thanks to Albert Einstein. which defies the second law. So the "laws" were improved. Similar was the fate of other 'classical laws.

Now scientists have developed a more refined set of equations and principles to explain the phenomenons that were once contradictory to the newer observations.

Since science is a continuous ways of improving our understanding of the universe, we expect more of this to come in the future. So Holding to the notion that God exists> one can safely conclude that whatever observations scientists make about the universe now, they will simply expand the scope of laws to bring those observations under the umbrella of science.

So in theory ""Science does not mandate observations to follow the laws; it mandates that the laws should explain the observations""

Improvements in human scientific understanding of physics doesn't mean change in physics in itself but simply change in human understanding of it.

So, i don't really understand this comment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
SocialJustice:
You are inconsequential and will be ignored.
I understand....the throwing of the towel as I am too sizzling for you.... grin
Look how he just folded like a prostitute dress on sighting a ward off cash....lolz
Get lost MOFO!

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
johnydon22:

Improvements in human scientific understanding of physics doesn't mean change in physics in itself but simply change in human understanding of it.

So, i don't really understand this comment.
what don't you understand?

This simply means nothing is actually changing but the human perspective. If X is known to produce B cus of D and it is later understood that X dosnt produce B, it is B that produce X to make D. It is simply telling us nothing is actually changing but human perspective that is observing this phenomenon. And if it occur, it certainly means there is improvement to our observation.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by johnydon22(m): 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
vaxx:
what don't you understand?

This simply means nothing is actually changing but the human perspective. If X is known to produce B cus of D and it is later understood that X dosnt produce B, it is B that produce X to make D. It is simply telling us nothing is actually changing but human perspective that is observing this phenomenom. And if it occur, it certainly means there is improvement to our observation.

So, how does this connect to the OP's question? Because it is still unclear.

His question is built on the premise of Natural laws being changed on the whim of God not human perspective of natural laws changing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by LordReed(m): 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
johnydon22:

Logically, Yes.

LoL! Johny you a theist now?

Any real life example of this?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
SocialJustice:
You're fooling nobody. Swear you've never seen the Bible or read it or heard of God's greatness?

What has that got to do with my question?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
johnydon22:

His question is built on the premise of Natural laws being changed on the whim of God not human perspective of natural laws changing.

Don't mind vaxx.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by LordReed(m): 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
vaxx:

An unintelligent response because the question is not is the god omnipotent. Read the question again and think carefully before you answer.

BTW I didn't ask any question on like this on the other thread. Wear your glasses if you need to.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
johnydon22:

how will you even know if the law are changed or not changed without observation. It is only what your human mind can understand that you can work with. Base on human mind , laws can change base on our current perspective. law are not set in stone. New observation open door to new understanding. So yes, by our perspective, natural law can change.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

An unintelligent response because the question is not is the god omnipotent. Read the question again and think carefully before you answer.

BTW I didn't ask any question on like this on the other thread. Wear your glasses if you need to.
You love asking illogical questions and this is one of them.

Unintelligent as usual.....

2 Likes

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
vaxx:
You love asking illogical questions and this is one of them.

Unintelligent as usual.....

Tunche. Said it exactly as it is.

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by SocialJustice: 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

What has that got to do with my question?
Everything, because if you have heard or read about Him in the Bible which I am sure you have, you will know He is not constrained by physical laws. If He says white is black, white becomes black in obedience. Our universe and existence only exists for His pleasure and He manipulates it at His will.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by johnydon22(m): 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
vaxx:
how will you even know if the law are changed or not changed without observation. It is only what your human mind can understand that you can work with. Base on human mind , laws can change base on our current perspective. law are not set in stone. New observation open door to new understanding. So yes, by our perspective, natural law can change.

Again, human perspective isn't the premise.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by johnydon22(m): 3:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:

LoL! Johny you a theist now?
No, I am not. You asked a question based on this assumption;

1. God exist.

My answers should be in coincide to your question or would you have me start arguing the existence of God on a thread that has nothing to do with it?

Any real life example of this?
Is your question about real life events or the logicality behind the idea that God can change natural laws at a whim?

Because if we follow your question, the answer is; Yes, God can alter the laws of physics as we know them.
(This is based on a fundamental assumption that God exists for this particular question)

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
johnydon22:

Again, human perspective isn't the premise.
how will you know if the law are changed or not changed without human perspective?
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by johnydon22(m): 4:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
vaxx:
how will you know if the law are changed or not changed without human perspective?

The question assumes the observers can ascertain change in the laws as it is.

E.g: Humans can't walk on water, suddenly they start doing so.

And as i said before, the premise is less about observing it and more about if God can do it.

1 Like

Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by Ihedinobi3: 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
LordReed:
The very meaning of the term "God" is the answer to your question.

That which is God/Deity/Divine is transcendent over all nature, that is, over matter, time, and space.
Re: Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature? by vaxx: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
johnydon22:

The question assumes the observers can ascertain change in the laws as it is.

E.g: Humans can't walk on water, suddenly they start doing so.

And as i said before, the premise is less about observing it and more about if God can do it.
supposing I told you i have cure to dog rabies, will you depend on my statement alone or ask me to demonstrate while you observed me.?

You can't push this question out of human perspective (observational method) if God decide to change the law of nature or maintain it today, the only way we can be sure of it, is thru our own observation (i.e) What we currently know about this nature and the expecting nature of changes in nature.......

Simple if God can do it or cannot will be base on your perspective . Hope that answer your question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Answer This! / Nigerian Church In Tampa, Florida / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.