Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,603 members, 7,955,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

An Open Letter To Every African Parent - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Open Letter To Every African Parent (323 Views)

An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Every African Parent by Sezioha(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
Child abuse spans beyond mere sexual, physical and mental violation of a child. It goes beyond severe deprivation of a child’s primary needs. I have just discovered another type of child abuse commonly found amongst poor African parents, and this is usually seen in the way some parents give birth to children.

A couple who gives birth to more children than they can raise and nurture responsibly with the sole aim of having more children to take care of them in their old age or alleviate them from their poor background are involved in child abuse.

Emphatically, one major difference between we humans and ordinary animals as regards attitude to child bearing is that we can control our sexual desires and also manipulate copulation using different techniques to avoid conception.

I was filled with rage when I returned to this ghetto where I grew up only to find one woman pregnant again. She was already a mother of six and her last child was still a toddler.

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/06/08/an-open-letter-to-every-african-parent/

(1) (Reply)

Earn While Sharing Our Stories / The Gun / In Need Of A Brilliant Writer with little graphics knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.