Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356041 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hyfr(m): 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
LagosismyHome:

For school or poe?... I was in new York last month , wasn't asked for yellow fever.
sorry to intrude your mention, read a post of yours sometime ago, i'd like your honest reply tp this question, i intend applying to a community college at texas, do you advice for me to delve into it,according to your past post you said its a two year program, after the two years whats next
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2019
The guy said yellow card, not yellow fever. MMR and meningitis vaccinations are registered on yellow cards.
graduatestudent:
My school is in New York and Yellow fever is not on the list of required vaccinations from the school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2019
Not PoE. One can go in via another state. Schools in New York require MMR vaccination records and meningitis vaccination aknowledgement. Mandatory for all New York post-secondary students. New York State Public Health Law 2165*
The guy mentioned yellow card and vaccination records are registered on the yellow card including yellow fever vaccinations.
LagosismyHome:

For school or poe?... I was in new York last month , wasn't asked for yellow fever.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chiezzh: 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
Bless my heart! Almost 3 years since that amazing day I was approved ! #ForeverThankful
Transcript below
COVER MY MISTAKES AND COLOR MY SUCCESS OH LORD was my declaration adapted from previous approval transcript
Arrived the Consulate at about 6 30am. Did the usual checking (about 40 of us for the 7.30am batch) and
we got into the final hall. Did our bio metrics and thereafter sat patiently for the VOs arrival. immediately I saw the vos entering their butt..i was pressed (then I was still on queue doing my bio metrics)
It got to my turn at about 8:00am and I was called to window 7 by a fat woman who look Chinese’s in nature presumably in his early 40s. The following conversation which spanned for like 5 minutes ensued between us.
Me: Good morning (with a smile) and
VO: (no reply). Let me have your documents please.
Me: I passed them.
VO: When did you finish high school?
Me: I finished high school in 2010
VO: What have you been doing?
Me: after high school in 2010 I did a 2 year course in desktop publishing and computer operation after which I got my diploma in civil engineering in 2015 and did a 1 year industrial training where I worked as assistant Concrete lab technician. I was meant to go to the field pick soil sample, aggregates asphalts and check the bearing capacity and also check if its suitable for construction.(she asked again when did u get your diploma …. I said 2015)
VO: why did you choose east Tennessee state university?
Me: the school curriculum is practically oriented, structured in such a way that it fits in my intended course of study also every student regardless of your major belongs to one social community group that promotes success and undergraduate student are being given opportunity to partake in research .this will help me use my classroom knowledge to real life…. (then she cuts in and said all school does that in Usa)
VO: how many other school apart from East Tennessee state university did u apply to?
Me: 2 schools
VO: which other school admitted you admitted you?
Me: Montana state university
VO: OH Montana
Me: yes Montana (guess she’s from Montana)
VO: Tell me about your course. What is it like?
Me: biomedical engineering is the application of engineering principles and design concept in respect to medicine and biology for health care purposes.
VO: Who is sponsoring your education?
Me: My mom
VO: What does she do?
Me: she’s the Ceo of ?? hotel Nigeria. And she into real estate. She buys sell and lease lands and property
VO: What does your dad do?
Me: he is a chemist
Vo; wow chemist? Like pharmacist?
Me: YES. He owns a big pharmacy store where he sells drugs in large quantity .
VO: How many siblings do you have?
Me: 2 elder sis and I am the least.
VO: Where will you be staying in usa?
ME: The school dormitory I already make preservations
VO: Picking the collection letter, he said “I’ll approve yo ur visa. Pick up your visa in 3 days time . Good luck in your studies
Me: Thank you.
No financial document or school document was asked for. Lol I was shivering throughout the interview and was pressed My profound gratitude to God who made it happen. Special thanks to DEETUS ,AJOMARZY,LAGOSISMYHOME,VENEK,TEXREM.Special thanks to those who keep the forum alive and .
interesting. To prospective applicants, God(no1)I fasted for 7 days prior to my interview 6 to 12 to. Confidence is key as it has always been emphasized here. Thanks and God bless

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
Well the schools provide forms to be filled documenting the immunizations, so no need for a yellow card anyway unless the school didn’t provide forms to be completed.

CptCharlesVane:
The guy said yellow card, not yellow fever. MMR and meningitis vaccinations are registered on yellow cards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ValentinoPerez(m): 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
Mine is UA in Tuscaloosa (Capstone) and not Birmingham

Astaclover9:

Fellow UAB here.... What's your plan on getting accommodation and when do you intend to leave... Booked my flight already..... Mph student Fall 2019 here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2019
And the forms may require attached documents to attest to what is filled. The Yellow card serves as a record for nationally approved vaccinations. You might have other records showing immunization but if you can't find one, port health would issue a Yellow Card.
graduatestudent:
Well the schools provide forms to be filled documenting the immunizations, so no need for a yellow card anyway unless the school didn’t provide forms to be completed.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
No. The forms require the hospital or health facility to fill out dates and stamp with their official stamp as proof of vaccinations or test. So the question to ask if this is the case for the person making the inquiry. There might be no need to go through the process of getting a yellow card if the school has provided documentation to be filled out.

CptCharlesVane:
And the forms may require attached documents to attest to what is filled. The Yellow card serves as a record for nationally approved vaccinations. You might have other records showing immunization but if you can't find one, port health would issue a Yellow Card.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beetbee: 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
Please anyone going to Texas woman's University for fall semester 2019?
Or any one that can be of help in getting accommodation for new MSC students?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 11:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
And with a yellow card, your vaccination record is there in print. Port Health fills the form and stamps it. Port Health is the National Vaccination/Immunization agency of Nigeria. A Yellow Card is also specified as an option in my forms. Since you may not know what prompted his question or have knowledge of the form he recieved, the answer I gave was appropriate.

graduatestudent:
No. The forms require the hospital or health facility to fill out dates and stamp with their official stamp as proof of vaccinations or test. So the question to ask if this is the case for the person making the inquiry. There might be no need to go through the process of getting a yellow card if the school has provided documentation to be filled out.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Samdee65: 12:32am On Jul 14, 2019
Please anyone currently in University of Toledo?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 14, 2019
Yeah same date, and I contacted them but they told me to wait

chrisDanjuma:
@ Justabama, please on the page where it shows AP, is the date of the status update the same as the date of your interview or has it changed?
Also, did you contact the embassy and di they say anything? Been on AP for a few days too.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 6:54am On Jul 14, 2019
This has nothing to do with your answer being appropriate or not. It’s about understanding the scenario the person who asked the question is in. The fact that you have the yellow card as an option doesn’t mean it’s the same for the person. In my case the school provided the forms and there’s no requirement for yellow card. It’s best to ask for clarification on the question to know the best advice to give. Sending the person off to Port Health might be totally unnecessary in this case. That’s the point I’m making.

CptCharlesVane:
And with a yellow card, your vaccination record is there in print. Port Health fills the form and stamps it. Port Health is the National Vaccination/Immunization agency of Nigeria. A Yellow Card is also specified as an option in my forms. Since you may not know what prompted his question or have knowledge of the form he recieved, the answer I gave was appropriate.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 6:57am On Jul 14, 2019
Dude asked where to get a yellow card and I said port health. You were the one who even thought it was yellow fever enquiry. Which one be all these again? Did I send anybody anywhere? Abeg walka pass.
graduatestudent:

This has nothing to do with your answer being appropriate or not. It’s about understanding the scenario the person who asked the question is in. The fact that you have the yellow card as an option doesn’t mean it’s the same for the person. In my case the school provided the forms and there’s no requirement for yellow card. It’s best to ask for clarification on the question to know the best advice to give. Sending the person off to Port Health might be totally unnecessary in this case. That’s the point I’m making.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 7:25am On Jul 14, 2019
We can disagree without being disrespectful. I will however ignore your attitude.

CptCharlesVane:
Dude asked where to get a yellow card and I said port health. You were the one who even thought it was yellow fever enquiry. Which one be all these again? Did I send anybody anywhere? Abeg walka pass.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nahum777(m): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2019
Lol can't find a date. School resumes early August, next available date is September. grin grin

Does anyone know how to by pass this please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2019
Nahum777:
Lol can't find a date. School resumes early August, next available date is September. grin grin

Does anyone know how to by pass this please?

Welcome home grin grin, that was how you ran away without telling us how the situation turned out like you promised. Hope you've been good?

You don't know me, but I read your transcript last year, how's trumpland treating you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 10:37am On Jul 14, 2019
@CptCharlesVane

This is travel section and not religion section, please don't forget that.

Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2019
Please can I pm you regarding this ma?
My immunization cards are nowhere to be found I don old, my mama no know where e dey again
graduatestudent:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2019
Yes please.

Wretch32:
Please can I pm you regarding this ma?
My immunization cards are nowhere to be found I don old, my mama no know where e dey again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2019
Yes boss! The derailing was only miniscule. I've repented.
justwise:
@CptCharlesVane

This is travel section and not religion section, please don't forget that.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chrisDanjuma(m): 11:53am On Jul 14, 2019
Ok. Thank you.
Justabama:
Yeah same date, and I contacted them but they told me to wait

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
Dear People,

Interview: 12the July

My profile GPA 3.18/4, GRE: 289 Bsc.: Food Science and Technology. Working experience: I have been working since 2015. Intended Msc.: Sustainable Energy.

I was interviewed by a black American in his mid 60's at window one.

The below transpired

V.O: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I obliged

V.O: Types for forever
Me: I was just wondering.

V.O: After 5 mins , the old man decided to talk. He asked when did you finish high school?
Me: *2007*

VO: When did you finish your Bsc.
Me: 2015

VO: Since then what have you been doing?
Me: I have been working

VO: Why are you just going for your Msc.
Me: At my present place of work, I signed a bond that wont allow me leave my new job role for 18 months after employment and the bond just expired few weeks ago.

VO: I can see your tuition is a lot of money, about 25k.

Me: My Tuition isn't 25k, my tuition is just 15K and my living expenses is 10k that sums it up to the 25k

VO: That's a lot, who will pay it.

Me: That's affordable and my dad is the one paying the bills

VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a prof of Law at Bleep school and he's also into clearing and forwarding.

VO: You are not qualified.

Thinking I should re write GRE and aim 300+ and apply to schools that are generous with funding.

What do you think?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Drekales: 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Pepperoni001:
Dear People,

My profile GPA 3.18/4, GRE: 289 Bsc.: Food Science and Technology. Working experience: I have been working since 2015. Intended Msc.: Sustainable Energy.

The below transpired

V.O: After 5 mins , the old man decided to talk. He asked when did you finish high school?

Me: At my present place of work, I signed a bond that wont allow me leave my new job role for 18 months after employment and the bond just expired few weeks ago.

Me: My Tuition isn't 25k, my tuition is just 15K and my living expenses is 10k that sums it up to the 25k

Me: He's a prof of Law at Bleep school and he's also into clearing and forwarding.

Thinking I should re write GRE and aim 300+ and apply to schools that are generous with funding.

What do you think?

Why you going for MSC..

Your response is supposed to be the reverse. You're supposed to have a bond to bring you back not a bond that frees you to go. Hometie was ZERO

You're supposed to need your Masters degree for career advancement not because you were released from a bond.
My take..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Pepperoni001:
Dear People,

The below transpired

What do you think?

Hello, I am so sorry about your denial, if you would be reapplying, I felt I should give my observations. Note, I am not a guru, I am an applicant like you. I hope this helps.

1. Since then what have you been doing?, here the VO wanted you to discuss extensively what you have been doing since you graduated, I am sure the VO knows you might have been working, maybe you filled it on your DS160 form, but the VO still asked. So what was expected of you was to talk about the companies you have worked with. For instance, maybe 2016-2017, you went for your NYSC and served at so so so company/school, afterwards, you took on a job as a bla bla at Bleep company. So that was the expectation of the VO.

2. Why are you just going for your masters degree?, it was as if you nullified your work home ties here, the fact that you said the bond has expired means that you might as well stay back in the US. Instead, you could have used your work as a home tie, speak about the next position you would like to apply for in your company, how a masters degree is needed to take on the job, how the masters degree would equip you with so so skills that would enable you take on jobs in your field.

3. The VO said 25k was alot, you didn't have to argue with him, you could have spoken about how it is worth it, because you'd gain valuable knowledge and that your dad who is your sponsor is capable of paying such fees.

4. The VO insisted it was expensive, but you still said it was affordable, the VO might have been pissed at this point

That's my own observation, over to the gurus. I hope you get it next time. All the best.

18 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hi. Sorry for the delay.

My observation is that question of what have you been doing.....

You should have expressly told the VO all you do at your work, name of your workplace, previous and present, job title, your duties and all. Not just 'I have been working'

Also why masters...

You could have told the VO what the masters will add to you not about how free you are to go.. You tell what opportunities will be available to you in Nigeria after bagging the degree..

All the best.

You'll be fine smiley

Pepperoni001:
Dear People,

The below transpired

What do you think?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KingStefan(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
I concur with the observations and suggestions of others. And also my observation is that there seems to be some gaps in your profile. You finished Bsc since 2015 and you've been working since then? No NYSC or maybe an exemption? I think he saw these gaps in your DS-160 that's why he first typed for so long and those questions of about why Msc now. What have you been doing too, you refused to shed lights on your place of work and job roles.

All those last questions about your tuition being high were just formality, he's decided to delay the visa immediately you could not give him good points from start.
Check your DS-160,there's a huge gap somewhere
Pepperoni001:
Dear People,

The below transpired

What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Pepperoni001:
Dear People,

The below transpired

What do you think?
Hey Fada!
You people should shift, I just want to cry. My chest is paining me.
I am really sorry about your denial but these responses were not what we talked about during our mock and transcript review na. Shebi we agreed we won't tell the VO anything that can implicate us? Which one is you couldn't leave your job for 18 months? As in was this response not for. "why are you not going with your wife" or something?
And then you were saying tuition is just $15k, that's like 5.4 million naira, then total, 9 million naira, in a country where about 98million citizens are poverty stricken and can barely feed? You really sounded cocky and it's not even your money ooo, na your papa go pay am! If it was affordable, why you no sponsor yourself?
Okay, what have you been doing since, shebi I told you how your response to this question ought to be. What happened sir, was it pressure?
You can take GRE again and get good funding to reduce cost, yes. However, at the end of the day, you still need to convince the VO that you are worthy and deserving of this visa, with or without funding.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.