Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357685 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
dumbiri99:

My uncle gave me his company-issued salary statement. Can i pass it along with the bank statement when the vo asks for bank statement?

your question isnt too clear though, but i assume you want to know about the statement.
is the account name in your uncle's name or the name of the company name..?
if it is in your uncle's name then you're fine,but ensure the closing balance is more as compared to the deficit on your i20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
nelem:

your question isnt too clear though, but i assume you want to know about the statement.
is the account name in your uncle's name or the name of the company name..?
if it is in your uncle's name then you're fine,but ensure the closing balance is more as compared to the deficit on your i20
Like letter of introduction showing that he is a staff and his pay (a high amount) with their email address for verification

The bank statement is personal but is low though carries close to times 2 of deficit.

Interviewing on thursday, can one use normal 50 naira file?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Scott200(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
dumbiri99:

Like letter of introduction showing that he is a staff and his pay (a high amount) with their email address for verification

The bank statement is personal but is low though carries close to times 2 of deficit.

Interviewing on thursday, can one use normal 50 naira file?
sure naa, no one cares about your file. Just arrange your documents well

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
Scott200:
sure naa, no one cares about your file. Just arrange your documents well
The mics in the consulate, do they work for just the consular officer or they also amplify the applicant's voice?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
Good day guys, someone posted an app here a few days ago that can be used to book flights, I can’t seem to lay my hands on that post and I’ve searched and searched and can’t spot it
Please send help guys!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
Only the officers sir
dumbiri99:

The mics in the consulate, do they work for just the consular officer or they also amplify the applicant's voice?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2019
Wretch32:
Good day guys, someone posted an app here a few days ago that can be used to book flights, I can’t seem to lay my hands on that post and I’ve searched and searched and can’t spot it
Please send help guys!!

Studentuniverse or Skyescanner

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
God bless you good sire

Grateful
Predstan:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
Predstan:

SKYSCANNER without the e

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
Wretch32:
Only the officers sir
Lol I'm a lady
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2019
Only the officers m’am smiley
dumbiri99:

Lol I'm a lady
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2019
Davidkking:

SKYSCANNER without the e

Ok thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
Duly noted
Davidkking:

SKYSCANNER without the e
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Astaclover9: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
Predstan:

Flightscanner is cheaper than the two stated above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Astaclover9: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
quote author=ValentinoPerez post=80165175]I sincerely want to appreciate everyone on this trend for great and invaluable efforts put together to bring up fruitful discussions at all time. I have been a silent follower of this trend and finally, benefit from all your productive comments. May the good Lord bless you guys immensely in return.

My transcript goes thus:

Interview date: July 11, 2019.
Embassy: Lagos
Time: 6:45am
Window: 4, a black American man.

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning sir (almost at the same time with him)

VO: Let me have your documents please

Me: All right sir and I passed it

VO: Oh, University of Alabama!

Me: Yes, that's right!

VO: Why a PhD in Applied Mathematics?

Me: Pardon? (Because I wasn't expecting that as a first question)

VO: He repeated the question

Me: I want a PhD in applied mathematics because I'm passionate about the use of pure and applied mathematical concepts to study the evolution, effect, control of infectious diseases and epidemiogy of diseases that follow seasonal trend. I enjoy the use of mathematical models to provide insight into the complex structures of epidemiological and biomedical problems.

VO: Why University of Alabama?

Me: I chose university of Alabama because they have a strong research team in BioMathematics. Their applied mathematics group has excellent and award winning researchers, such as Prof Dang Nguyen who has just received a distinguished award from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. I'm also fascinated by the research of Prof David Halpern-who uses mathematical models to investigate biological and bioengineering process-with whom I have had correspondence.

VO: How did you come about BioMathematics?

Me: During my undergraduate, I took a course on Modeling of infectious diseases and I eventually did my undergraduate research in this area. After which I had a full scholarship to AIMS for my master where I had the opportunity of working under Prof Robert Smith of the University of Ottawa. He later supervised my thesis: Modeling the effect of vaccination on the control of Leptospirosis using impulsive and differential equations. These spur my passion for BioMath and I want to expand my research prowess.

VO: Your GTA, How did you get it?

Me: Pardon? (at this point, I was tired of talking)

VO: Tell me how you got GTA.

Me: The graduate admission committee found my application strong enough and contacted me for the GTA position (I lost composure at this point because this wasn't the response I prepared).

VO: Okay, what is your plan after graduation?

Me: I intend to return to my current place of employment-Landmark University where I currently serve as assistant.....and later pursue a post-doctoral research to broaden my horizons.

VO: Typing for few seconds and then looking at my mouth (as if I have not spoken enough but of course, the flow wasn't like when I was talking about my research)

Me: Yes! (like, that's all)

VO: Continued with the typing

Me: I was just speaking in tongues inside of me with my mouth gesticulating. I was thinking I had floppy responses in the later part of the interview.

VO: Looked up into my eyes and said your visa is approved.

Me: Thank you sir. Thank you for approving my Visa.

VO: No! with reaction. It's my job.

Vo: Reached out for the white paper, pick up your passport after 3-working days at the address indicated on this white paper. And you will need your I-20 at the point of entry.

NB: The VO was patient and he listened to me through out the conversation (lucky me!). I got tired so early because I was passionately dramatizing with my two hands and I expect the interview to end so soon (lazy me!).
However, be prepared for anything, personalise all your responses and be passionate with your delivery.
[/quote]

Fellow UAB here.... What's your plan on getting accommodation and when do you intend to leave... Booked my flight already..... Mph student Fall 2019 here

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francis00(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
graduatestudent:
Interview Date: 10th July

School: Fordham University, NY
Program: Master of Science in Marketing Intelligence
Funding: $20k
Deficit: $73K (including living expenses, dependent expenses and health insurance)

I was interviewed by the white guy at window 9. He had approved an older man and denied a lady that went just before me.

Me: Good morning with a big smile, I had told my son to shine his teeth too grin
VO: Good morning
VO: Is this your child?
Me: Yes my son.
VO: Do you have any other children?
Me: Yes, 2 younger girls.
VO: Has your husband and daughters been to the US before?
ME: Yes, many times for family holidays.
VO: Why are you going for a Master's degree?
ME: I am on track to be promoted to the role of Commercial Manager at Bleep in 2 year's time as I was invited to join the commercial manager
in training program last year. I already have extensive experience in Sales and spent 5 years as Sales manager at my current job. As part
of my learning path, I need to further develop my knowledge and skill in strategic marketing, data analytics and customer driven
marketing. These will be achieved by specializing in Management Science and quantitative methods to earn my degree in Marketing
Intelligence.
VO: So you need this degree to be promoted to commercial manager?
ME: Yes
VO: How did you get this scholarship(looking at my I-20)?
ME: I went through a rigorous application process that included 2 video interviews and 2 audio interviews as apart of the application process. I
impressed the admissions committee with my interviews and also my resume and I was given a scholarship.
VO: I see your dad is sponsoring you
Me: Yes. I also have my personal savings as well funds from my husband.
VO: What does he do?
ME: He owns different companies with factories at bleep, bleep and bleep and also invests in properties.

From that point the interview took a different turn embarassed

VO: When is the longest time you've stayed in the US?
ME: About 6 weeks(sweating at this point).
VO: What did you go to the US for?
ME: Holiday and also to have my baby
VO: Was this the only time you stayed long in the US
Me: NO. I also stayed for about 6 weeks a few years ago, when I had my other daughter
VO: Have we sighted your payments before?
ME: Yes for my first daughter when I renewed my visa after giving birth to her. But not for my 2nd daughter as drop box had commenced when
I had her.
VO: Furiously typing away most of the time not saying anythingembarassed.
ME: I have the receipts here if you want to see them
VO: Oh you have the receipts? Let me see for your 2nd daughter, it is noted here we have seen the first one.
Me: Hands them over
VO: Looks through and calls his supervisor(I think). They switch off the mic and were talking. My heart beating at that point, like what are
these people saying?
VO: How much did you pay?
Me: About $15k
VO: Have you been refused a visa for any other country recently?
ME: NO
VO: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, I am sure
VO: Typing furiously again for about 5 mins and saying nothing.
VO: Finally picks a white paper and fills it out. You have been placed on AP and we will contact you via email for any updates regarding your
application
ME: Ok. Are there any other documents you need me to provide?
VO: No, we will contact you via email if we need anything
ME: Sorry to bother you, but how long will this AP take?
VO: Between 3 to 5 Business days
ME: Thank you

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry as my AP wasn't like all others I have seen. He didn't say they were going to verify any documents or give me any other slip besides the AP letter. Nothing about the information other VOs have given to students. I couldn't even explain to my son what the verdict was.

Fast forward to this morning, I tracked my visa status and both visas have been issued.

I don't know how this transcript will help, because the interview didn't really focus on my going as a student for the later part which was quite perplexing. I give Glory to God for all he has done and a big thank you to everyone on this forum for sharing as much as they can to help others. The people who were on AP and came back to confirm their visas were issued gave me hope even though my scenario was different.

Good luck to everyone still in the process!
Please which one is A.P and pls is that a new development or what and also guys is it applicable to undergraduate also,I mean the A P stuff,by the way how does undergraduate interview do go,is it hard or something...and what and what should I prepare for,my interview is 17th of this month,pls I need ideas to know what to prepare on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by visiFisiMisi1: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. Thank you @lagosismyhome for being a blessing to me and thanks for not making me give up on my dream. I really do appreciate you Ma . God will bless you Ma. I hope my test result would show the best graditude to you ma.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
graduatestudent:
Interview Date: 10th July

School: Fordham University, NY
Program: Master of Science in Marketing Intelligence
Funding: $20k
Deficit: $73K (including living expenses, dependent expenses and health insurance)

I was interviewed by the white guy at window 9. He had approved an older man and denied a lady that went just before me.

Me: Good morning with a big smile, I had told my son to shine his teeth too grin
VO: Good morning
VO: Is this your child?
Me: Yes my son.
VO: Do you have any other children?
Me: Yes, 2 younger girls.
VO: Has your husband and daughters been to the US before?
ME: Yes, many times for family holidays.
VO: Why are you going for a Master's degree?
ME: I am on track to be promoted to the role of Commercial Manager at Bleep in 2 year's time as I was invited to join the commercial manager
in training program last year. I already have extensive experience in Sales and spent 5 years as Sales manager at my current job. As part
of my learning path, I need to further develop my knowledge and skill in strategic marketing, data analytics and customer driven
marketing. These will be achieved by specializing in Management Science and quantitative methods to earn my degree in Marketing
Intelligence.
VO: So you need this degree to be promoted to commercial manager?
ME: Yes
VO: How did you get this scholarship(looking at my I-20)?
ME: I went through a rigorous application process that included 2 video interviews and 2 audio interviews as apart of the application process. I
impressed the admissions committee with my interviews and also my resume and I was given a scholarship.
VO: I see your dad is sponsoring you
Me: Yes. I also have my personal savings as well funds from my husband.
VO: What does he do?
ME: He owns different companies with factories at bleep, bleep and bleep and also invests in properties.

From that point the interview took a different turn embarassed

VO: When is the longest time you've stayed in the US?
ME: About 6 weeks(sweating at this point).
VO: What did you go to the US for?
ME: Holiday and also to have my baby
VO: Was this the only time you stayed long in the US
Me: NO. I also stayed for about 6 weeks a few years ago, when I had my other daughter
VO: Have we sighted your payments before?
ME: Yes for my first daughter when I renewed my visa after giving birth to her. But not for my 2nd daughter as drop box had commenced when
I had her.
VO: Furiously typing away most of the time not saying anythingembarassed.
ME: I have the receipts here if you want to see them
VO: Oh you have the receipts? Let me see for your 2nd daughter, it is noted here we have seen the first one.
Me: Hands them over
VO: Looks through and calls his supervisor(I think). They switch off the mic and were talking. My heart beating at that point, like what are
these people saying?
VO: How much did you pay?
Me: About $15k
VO: Have you been refused a visa for any other country recently?
ME: NO
VO: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, I am sure
VO: Typing furiously again for about 5 mins and saying nothing.
VO: Finally picks a white paper and fills it out. You have been placed on AP and we will contact you via email for any updates regarding your
application
ME: Ok. Are there any other documents you need me to provide?
VO: No, we will contact you via email if we need anything
ME: Sorry to bother you, but how long will this AP take?
VO: Between 3 to 5 Business days
ME: Thank you

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry as my AP wasn't like all others I have seen. He didn't say they were going to verify any documents or give me any other slip besides the AP letter. Nothing about the information other VOs have given to students. I couldn't even explain to my son what the verdict was.

Fast forward to this morning, I tracked my visa status and both visas have been issued.

I don't know how this transcript will help, because the interview didn't really focus on my going as a student for the later part which was quite perplexing. I give Glory to God for all he has done and a big thank you to everyone on this forum for sharing as much as they can to help others. The people who were on AP and came back to confirm their visas were issued gave me hope even though my scenario was different.

Good luck to everyone still in the process!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
To you and others who recently got approved...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by doziej84: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
For guys traveling.... Where did you get your yellow card?
Is it necessary?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2019
doziej84:
Is it necessary?

Not needed for USA

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
Go to Port Health in your state of residence.
doziej84:
Is it necessary?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
Not necessarily, there's a requirement for state of New York
LagosismyHome:

Not needed for USA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
Thank you.

dreambound:

CONGRATULATIONS!!
To you and others who recently got approved...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
CptCharlesVane:

For school or poe?... I was in new York last month , wasn't asked for yellow fever.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
My school is in New York and Yellow fever is not on the list of required vaccinations from the school.

CptCharlesVane:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.