Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361831 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
G
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryptomania: 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
Refused last year July. More than a year.
Time2win:

Have you been refused within the last 6 months?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
Cryptomania:
Refused last year July. More than a year.

Try the emergency request again. explain your case well

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryptomania: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2019
It can only be used once. I explained well enough And uploaded my I20. Those guys are something else.
Time2win:

Try the emergency request again. explain your case well
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
Cryptomania:
It can only be used once. I explained well enough And uploaded my I20. Those guys are something else.

Check your portal again, i don't think it's only once you can use it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryptomania: 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
I have checked it and before I used It, it boldly says it can only be used once.

I can only reschedule if I see an earlier date prop up.
Time2win:

Check your portal again, i don't think it's only once you can use it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Imustreturn(m): 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
vickidove:

If you apply in Lagos and was denied you cant apply in Abuja
says who?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Anyone here in Massachusetts? Or schooling in Massachusetts?? Or going to Massachusetts
Hit me up �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Triose95(m): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
All the best to students writing SAT in October, if you need SAT materials contact me via email great4ever2017@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
That's not true

vickidove:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
My advice pray it changes soon and also brace yourself for a wait at the same time.. Av been on AP since 3rd June, almost 2months now
fairheart:
It should turn issued this week. Keep checking!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
nelem:

no let hbp wound you. na so e dey shack you grin grin grin
just relax bro/sis give it like 3-4 days and then you can gp pickup your passport.

Alhandullilahi in everything.
Alright. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
fairheart:
Congratulations! Thanks for all the compliment, especially for seeing me the way I have always desired to be seen: down-to-earth! And I felt your prayers and I say Amen to all of them. Modupe gan ni o! grin

I left a comment on another student who quoted me. Please allow me to share with you; it remain original for you and everyone who sees it.

But it is not over! There is no higher honour above going to a foreign land to study and excel in the midst of foreigners. I advice you to be like Joseph, Daniel, the 3 Hebrew boys, who trail-blazed and accomplished feat in foreign lands. All it takes it focus, commitment to academic excellence, and putting your education (the equipment and growth of your mind in your chosen field) above distractions that have taken over so many young people in our generation. If you do these, your name will be written in the book of history of men who do their best. And it wouldn't matter your family background.

Enjoy your studies and God bless!

Aameen! Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
Baba same here oh....Been on AP since June 21st 2019.This peepo wan use BP faint person. grin
Justabama:

My advice pray it changes soon and also brace yourself for a wait at the same time.. Av been on AP since 3rd June, almost 2months now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Unstoppable100:
Visa status still on AP since 9th july, pls who is having a similar issue
did they collect your bank statement?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
dumbiri99:

Thank you Lagosismyhome, I know you are still upset with me but I just didn't want "possible" VOs reading the thread to think some people were trying to do something funny.

Upset ke..... not at all cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
dumbiri99:
Today was a good day at the Lagos consulate. MS chem engr Visa approved after one Canadian denial and two US denials spanning two years, don't give up on your dreams, pray and work on yourself. I will post later
Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
vickidove:

Really... is this true because i seen transcript that shows orherwise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Not true,I was denied in lag,I just choosed abj

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Samuelpluto: 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Most people misquoted her, she already used the emergency option, i think thats why she said she cant change.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vickidove(f): 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
Samuelpluto:

Most people misquoted her, she already used the emergency option, i think thats why she said she cant change.

Exactly my point.. Am not talking about visa am talking visa interview date and have used emergency option, which can only be done once, it was not approved.. So what's the next solution is my question... Not visa please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pierre92(m): 12:22am On Jul 17, 2019
Cart3l:

Hi @fairheart, please I need your help. My visa got denied this morning and here is my transcript.

School: Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Session: Fall 2019
Venue: Lagos Embassy
Program: MSc Geography

V.O: Good morning
Reply: Good morning

V.O: Pass me your passport
Reply: I did

VO: How did you get to know the school, IUP?
Me: (this was my planned answer) I got to knownof the school through 2 acquaintances of mine (which wasn’t true) then she gave me the shocker....

VO: What are their surnames?
Me: I actually didn’t prepare for this so I just kinda gave her two random names.

VO: she typed on her pic and was like she couldn’t find those names in her database...
Me: I was like that’s strange cos they actually studied there....

VO: Why do you wanna study Geography?
Me: (at this point, I was already destabilized as a result of the failed name ish) I gave an answer about my main area of concentration being environmental planning and how this would help checkmate the harmful excesses of urbanization. But wasn’t feeling the session again but just kept hoping.

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools, IUP, Western Illinois University and Texas Southern University....(although I applied to just one)

VO: Did you gain admission in all?
Me: Yes, I did

VO: what’s your GRE score?
Me: I didn’t take any tests as they were a requirement for admission for the program.

VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as a quantity surveyor in a construction company.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My eldest brother

VO: What does he do?
Me: he works as the head of projects in a telecoms servicing company.

VO: Do you have an account statement?
Me: Yes, passed it. (She looked through and typed on her pic for a while)

VO: Sorry, you ain’t eligible for visa at this time.
And that was it.

Please I really need your advice..... if I reapply, how would I remedy the “how do you know about IUP” question and in what other ways can I make my general case more convincing.

Kindly help a brother.... thanks in anticipation...
There was no need for the lies. All 3 schools couldn’t have waived GRE for you. That was how some other applicant said Colombia University waived GRE for him. Apply again and resolve to say the truth this time.
Eg: How many schools did you apply to: I considered 3 schools but ended up applying to 1 etc

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Supersede(m): 1:25am On Jul 17, 2019
Please house please ... I want you guys to help me on this one .. I need to know how long it takes for I-20 to be sent by the school in USA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by doziej84: 4:04am On Jul 17, 2019
For those who attended the EducationUSA event on July 16.....

Is there information that is valuable & worth sharing?.....
Kindly post it here for some of us who were unable to make it

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Googledrive12: 7:47am On Jul 17, 2019
Thank you Jesus for your love and mercy.
Visa approved
Indiana University Bloomington
My story is in sections, all in all
God showed up for me in the midst of my darkness . VO was asking me questions and was answering them himself.
No GA
No funding .
Transcript coming soon .

Thank you Jesus.
Thanks to everyone here who has been selfless in making dreams alive .
Walspring thanks for the SEVIS fee payments. I appreciate all those who shared their experiences here, it really helped I will share mine before the end of today . Please if any one is heading to Indiana or know someone who study there let us connect . Thank you all and may God show up for those who are yet to collect Their visa Amen.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Obyknow(m): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I have booked a flight with them before... just check directly with the airline and compare prices

Really appreciate your response ma'am

They have wonderful deals

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2019
Googledrive12:
Thank you Jesus for your love and mercy.
Visa approved
Indiana University Bloomington

Congrats, God bless your new journey

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Yhukay00: 9:20am On Jul 17, 2019
Guys please what are the information I should send along to the person paying my servis fee in the states
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2019
Yhukay00:
Guys please what are the information I should send along to the person paying my servis fee in the states
You have your I-20, right? Well, your SEVIS details are in there.
Just generate a coupon on the website https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html
and send it to the person. That's enough but you can include a little note "Thank you so much for accepting to do this" grin
Next person!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2019
Please what is the latest time for reapplying 4 interview?

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.