Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1364646 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tesade6: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,
I'm new here. Any nairalander in Bowie Maryland? I'm arriving soon, and don't know my way around yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
adurajoseph:
Hello everyone, Please I would appreciate your opinions on my query.

I plan on doing my master’s in Business Analytics in America or Canada next year and I need some advice on schools or advice in general.

I have not been so good at school as I came out with a second class lower in economics, Statistics is not really a problem for me and I have some passion for programming as I am self-taught in python and JavaScript which is why I looked towards data science majorly because of the machine learning and some attractive things that are taught with the program that I am personally interested in.

I also do not have a lot of working experience, after graduation, I have just done my NYSC and currently working on my business, I would need some advice on some schools to look at, what I should have before applying and the rest. Please be brutally honest with your replies.

I have done some searching on my own and, I have found a moderate school (M.S. in Business Analytics at Oklahoma State University) their requirements are not too high and based on their courses, its something I am very interested in learning.
funding isn't really a problem although anything around 10-15k a year would be good. Thank you

cc sheke01, bracelum, BigFrancis21, shayhune, lagosismyhome, fairheart, and any other person that has insides into this. Thank you.

Your own case is better. I had second class lower in chemistry from naija, no social management courses at all at the undergraduate level and here I am in a business school, doing well in accounting. In fact, financial accounting has been my best course this semester.

Learning here is easy as long as you are dedicated and committed. And as a naija boy wey you be, that cramming culture of ours will see you through although you might not need to do that here, lol.

As for the second part of your enquiry, take time to do research about what you want. Take time to research on funding as well, and lastly, don't give up on your dreams.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nitdude: 12:09am On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gospelozy(f): 12:12am On Sep 17, 2019
Greetings my people. Please I need the help of the gurus in the house.

I got an invitation letter to attend an educational conference held annually in USA.
Here are my questions :
1. What type of visa should I apply for?
2. I plan on staying 2 to 3 weeks at most. I hope this traveling won't be a problem as am looking at furthering my education in USA this coming Fall?
3. When should I apply for visa, the conference is on November and what documents should I go to the embassy with?
4. If I happen to attend the conference, is it advisable to visit some schools I want to apply to.

Lagosismyhome,femi,folmus,texrem please I need help. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by akilugarba77: 6:06am On Sep 17, 2019
i am so confused with schools, i am looking for a school that can give me partial or full scholarship does this school that pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 7:48am On Sep 17, 2019
Tesade6:
Hello Nairalanders,
I'm new here. Any nairalander in Bowie Maryland? I'm arriving soon, and don't know my way around yet.

I sent you a DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psammyCUTE(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2019
Hello everyone

I'm new here and I'd like to be informed on the processes involved as regards becoming an international student.

How is it done please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi098: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2019
please house i have bachelor in botany from great university of lagos. want to pursue my master program in yankee. my question is this, i have 10 months old baby now. is it possible for the embassy to grant me and my son visa? or is it possible for them to grant only me visa? i will appreciate if guyz here can put me through. thanks and God bless all of us in jesus name.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2019
Funmi098:
please house i have bachelor in botany from great university of lagos. want to pursue my master program in yankee. my question is this, i have 10 months old baby now. is it possible for the embassy to grant me and my son visa? or is it possible for them to grant only me visa? i will appreciate if guyz here can put me through. thanks and God bless all of us in jesus name.

why used the word " great " university of lagos........... what great about Unilag , lol cheesy . For admission to the US , a bsc is a bsc . Just curious why you think Unilag is so great

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi098: 10:03am On Sep 17, 2019
LagosismyHome:

why used the word "great university of lagos"........... what great about Unilag , lol cheesy . For admission to the US , a bsc is a bsc . Just curious why you think Unilag is so great

Great as one of the best university ever!...

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:52am On Sep 17, 2019
obidike59:
Good day everyone in the house,
Please I need some advice on schools to choose for my MSc program in the US.
I have already have some schools in mind, please I want the guru's in the house or anyone with info to help me in scrutinizing the schools( Scholarships, Graduate assistantship full Funding generally)
In no order, they are:
Wright State University
University of New Haven
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
University of Montana
University of Calorado Boulder
Texas Tech University.
Course: Electrical Engineering/ Electrical Computer Engineering/ Renewable Energy Engineering.
Please na beg I dey beg.
Am about writing my GRE soon.
Thanks

cc: solipstic, fairheart, lagosismyhome, sharwarma, etal

Check Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jeromebnk: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2019
Hello everyone
I finished with 2.71gcpa from the federal polytechnic ilaro and a friend in the USA have been telling me I can study masters with it in the USA ..please I need advice
I just finished thou
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 11:28am On Sep 17, 2019
jeromebnk:
Hello everyone
I finished with 2.71gcpa from the federal polytechnic ilaro and a friend in the USA have been telling me I can study masters with it in the USA ..please I need advice
I just finished thou

You can use WES service to evaluate your GPA before you forward to schools.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 11:53am On Sep 17, 2019
psammyCUTE:
Hello everyone

I'm new here and I'd like to be informed on the processes involved as regards becoming an international student.

How is it done please?

Basically, you search for the schools you want to apply, check if you reach their admission requirements, if you do, follow their application guide and apply. On the side, you can check for other things depending on what you want, such as faculty, deadlines, requirements for international students, state, fees. It can all be found on the school website.

When granted admission, then you request for your i20, pay your SEVIS and visa interview fees, do your interview and japa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by meritdee(m): 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
LagosismyHome:

why used the word " great " university of lagos........... what great about Unilag , lol cheesy . For admission to the US , a bsc is a bsc . Just curious why you think Unilag is so great

Lol, you can't blame her. That's what they made them believe.

Funmi098:

Your family(hubby and kids) is eligible for F2 VISA based on your F1(If granted). It is even advisable to apply with your family. However, you would have to prove that you have financial means to support the family during your stay in the U.S.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by meritdee(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
Walspring:
To all those who sent me pm I always replied and if you don’t get it in your inbox, kindly check your spam or junk box.

Big man, glad you're still here. A real veteran of the Student Visa Thread.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chidon40: 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello guys,
Please, i need suggestions as to SAFE schools to apply for ECONOMICS ( MS or PhD ) using the profile below

BSc. Economics
GPA : 3.8/4
GRE : 300 (Poor though but don't wish to rewrite)
Verbal= 144
Quant= 156
AWA = 4.0

Your input will highly be appreciated.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gospelozy(f): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
Please my people I need answers to this
Gospelozy:

I got an invitation letter to attend an educational conference held annually in USA.
Here are my questions :
2. I plan on staying 2 to 3 weeks at most. I hope this traveling won't be a problem as am looking at furthering my education in USA this coming Fall?
3. When should I apply for visa, the conference is on November and what documents should I go to the embassy with?
4. If I happen to attend the conference, is it advisable to visit some schools I want to apply to.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by meritdee(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
Gospelozy:
Please my people I need answers to this

cheaptour:

Since you are going for a conference, go with a letter from the organizer of the conference that indicates that you are attending the conference. The visa type should be tourism since you are going for Educational tour.

* Traveling for the conference won't be a problem

* Start your VISA application right away.

* It's okay to visit schools.

* "Coming fall" semester starts next year August, so you have enough time apply.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
Gospelozy:

Here are my questions :

This has been answered ...it wont fall under student category but b1b2 visiting Visa

Regarding document best to Visa the visiting Visa thread to find out more info. It should be ok to visit schools

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gospelozy(f): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
LagosismyHome:

This has been answered ...it wont fall under student category but b1b2 visiting Visa

Regarding document best to Visa the visiting Visa thread to find out more info. It should be ok to visit schools

Am grateful ma'am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gospelozy(f): 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
meritdee:

* Traveling for the conference won't be a problem

* Start your VISA application right away.

* It's okay to visit schools.

* "Coming fall" semester starts next year August, so you have enough time apply.

Gracías Sir

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2019
Chidon40:
Hello guys,
Please, i need suggestions as to SAFE schools to apply for ECONOMICS ( MS or PhD ) using the profile below

BSc. Economics
GPA : 3.8/4
GRE : 300 (Poor though but don't wish to rewrite)
Verbal= 144
Quant= 156
AWA = 4.0

Your input will highly be appreciated.
Thanks.

Type US with GRE minimum of 300 on Google.You should get some schools.Try write TOEFL.
Check university of South Alabama
And University of Tulsa if they have your course.
Though they require TOEFL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2019
Good day house please I would need your assistance in helping me scrutinizing my transcript
ICONSULAR: Pass Your Passport and i-20 Please
ME: Okay here you go (pass it)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2019
Cupid101:
Good day house please I would need your assistance in helping me scrutinizing my transcript
ICONSULAR: Pass Your Passport and i-20 Please
ME: Okay ma (pass it)

CONSULAR: Tell Me About Your Academic Background? /When did you graduate from Secondary School?
ME: I am from a Christian family of 4 children and I am the last child , graduated from high school in the year 2015.
Then I did my A levels for 2 years and also enrolled in a programming school where I learnt golang for a year then proceeded to manage one of my mums branch in her business before I started my application to further my education.

Is that an academic background? No one cares about your religion... and how do you know the V.O would be a woman? undecided

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2019
Thank you for pointing that out is there anything else you want to suggest please
waynee2baba:

Is that an academic background? No one cares about your religion... and how do you know the V.O would be a woman? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.