Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362308 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gbengee: 12:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Pefuele:

Check BGSU( Bowling Green),ETSU (East Tennessee)and MTU(Michigan Tech).

Thanks bro, I will check them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gbengee: 12:26am On Jan 29, 2020
RealTrump:

This your profile na Abracadabra grin

I heard on this platform that Texas tech has money for math guys. Whatever u decide...hurry up

Ok bro thanks.
undecided
What do you mean by abracadabra? tongue
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bmarketing: 1:32am On Jan 29, 2020
EzekielMab:

We are in same shoes

Mine was 2.81/5 though

Computer engineering
There is hope. I converted mine to 3.09/4 using the WES tool. Just sent you a PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pappyyanky: 3:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Good day house , Is it Possible For a Friend to Apply with his HND result Lower Credit For Masters degree in Amy school in the US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 3:35am On Jan 29, 2020
iWise:

The accounting firm that filed your taxes on your behalf actually broke the law, because they must have claimed you're a resident alien for tax purpose. If you're an international student, you can't claim residence when filing taxes unless you've been in the united states for more than five years. You also cannot use turbo tax because it automatically files your taxes under resident alien status. My dear friend, you're sitting on a time bomb because you actually committed tax fraud.

I am not sure however, international office told me that provided the firm is registered, then they know better and I should not be bothered. I am sure many international students got the credit.

More so, you could take a quick read to see that for tax purposes, we can claim resident. As such, the firms that gave us the tuition credit did no wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drealsahmy(m): 3:48am On Jan 29, 2020
Micholo5:
** Undergraduates Studies**
My Secondary School have never dealt with sending transcripts to international schools...
I don't think they've issued one either, so they are naive to the format.
Please, how do I go about it?

Which school do you want to send it to?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tracyroy(m): 8:19am On Jan 29, 2020
Please I need some clarification. Can I use different bank statements to collect my i20 form and visa interview?. I.e , my brother's bank statement for i20 form and my mum's for Visa interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2020
I don't think you can, the school will tell you to make sure you go with the exact documents you submitted to them. Also I think it's usually on the I20,the name of your sponsor but I'm not sure. I'm sure the Gurus in the house can give an accurate answer to this.
tracyroy:
Please I need some clarification. Can I use different bank statements to collect my i20 form and visa interview?. I.e , my brother's bank statement for i20 form and my mum's for Visa interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rastaraj: 9:30am On Jan 29, 2020
tracyroy:
yes you can,just let the one for school be well perfected because i heard some schools always verify

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 9:32am On Jan 29, 2020
You can. Only if “FAMILY” is written on your I-20 instead of your brother’s name.

tracyroy:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tracyroy(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2020
Please is there any prospective grad student or current grad student of TEXAS A&M UNI CORPUS CHRISTI that has collected thier form i20? I would like to know if the name of sponsor is indicated on the form. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by trippletees: 1:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
Your profile is good. Try to mail the grad co-ordinator
Gbengee:
Anyone with news about Sam Houston state University??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
snip09:

Which city and state is this please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sospunky: 5:52am On Jan 30, 2020
Hi Nairaland Family, good to see this thread still thriving.
I have missed being here day & night reading through the countless pages as they came up.
I shared my testimony in Part 14...got carried away with school and all the hassles involved in being here.
I'd like to give back somehow to this platform, as it benefited me in 2018.
Almost rounding up my MBA @ Calstate.
I'd readily answer questions unless I'm occupied, but I'll try to catch up!
I wish everyone success in this thread..
God bless @ Lagosismyhome, Justwise, Walspring, and all others that have continued to make this thread successful.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fighttowin7(m): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2020
Hello house, I got an admission to study Masters in Information technology at in Usa but initially I have Studied a masters in Technology Management in Malaysia but most courses I had then was management and business with a little IT courses. That is why I applied for another masters in IT with core IT courses. I hope this would't give me any issue with the VO. Secondly, apart from the Sevis, and visa processing fee what other fee do I need to pay? I will really appreciate a good response. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dreemerr: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
Reciprocal fee of 40700.
fighttowin7:
Hello house, I got an admission to study Masters in Information technology at in Usa but initially I have Studied a masters in Technology Management in Malaysia but most courses I had then was management and business with a little IT courses. That is why I applied for another masters in IT with core IT courses. I hope this would't give me any issue with the VO. Secondly, apart from the Sevis, and visa processing fee what other fee do I need to pay? I will really appreciate a good response. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
The is reciprocal fee of 41K. You should have the cash on you as you go for the interview. If you are approved, you will be asked to pay the fee within the embassy. But prepare for your interview too. Best of luck!
fighttowin7:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
Hello house I'm new on this platform. Ive been going through some of the threads on here and I must say it's been informative and helpful. I'd like the gurus in the house to critique my proposed transcript which I would be posting soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rastaraj: 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2020
pls have submitted my Ds 160 and I noticed I didn't put my third name as it appears on the passport I just put only the First name and the last name...any experience on this? hope it's not a case o?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fighttowin7(m): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2020
Hello house, I got an admission to study Masters in Information technology at in Usa but initially I have Studied a masters in Technology Management in Malaysia but most courses I had then was management and business with a little IT courses. That is why I applied for another masters in IT with core IT courses. I hope this would't give me any issue with the VO??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 6:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
fighttowin7:
Hello house, I got an admission to study Masters in Information technology at in Usa but initially I have Studied a masters in Technology Management in Malaysia but most courses I had then was management and business with a little IT courses. That is why I applied for another masters in IT with core IT courses. I hope this would't give me any issue with the VO??
No it shouldn't, as long as you have a tangible reason as to why you're going for another msc program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iWise(m): 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
rastaraj:
pls have submitted my Ds 160 and I noticed I didn't put my third name as it appears on the passport I just put only the First name and the last name...any experience on this? hope it's not a case o?

It's a no no. Fill a new ds160 form with your correct details this time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
Good evening house. My ward got a full scholarship for a Master's degree in the USA. The university will send documents to that effect but we have to buy tickets. My questions are; do we need to buy the tickets before the visa interview? Again, do we still need to show bank balances during the visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SOJ2019: 9:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Good evening,

Please, I need help with essays specifically written for Graduate Assistantship. A sample or a guide should be fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Championwinner(f): 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2020
Can a 45years old apply for MAN student visa to USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
missuzoma:
Good evening house. My ward got a full scholarship for a Master's degree in the USA. The university will send documents to that effect but we have to buy tickets. My questions are; do we need to buy the tickets before the visa interview? Again, do we still need to show bank balances during the visa interview?

Congrats to your ward. Don't book ticket until he/she gets the visa approved. Also it depends on if the scholarship covers all expenses, if yes, then no bank statement should be required.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 10:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Championwinner:
Can a 45years old apply for MAN student visa to USA?
Why not? A man of 50yrs going for advanced studies so as to advance his career is as eligible as any other F1-visa applicants.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 4:10am On Jan 31, 2020
solihp:

Congrats to your ward. Don't book ticket until he/she gets the visa approved. Also it depends on if the scholarship covers all expenses, if yes, then no bank statement should be required.

Thanks. The scholarship covers living expenses as there will be monthly salary since she will be a graduate assistant for the duration of the program. The said salary will be enough for feeding, accommodation etc.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 31, 2020
missuzoma:

Thanks. The scholarship covers living expenses as there will be monthly salary since she will be a graduate assistant for the duration of the program. The said salary will be enough for feeding, accommodation etc.

There should be a breakdown of all the costs (tuition, health, books) on the i20 with which you can know if there's a deficit or not.
Also be double sure of the term his/her is to resume, as visa interviews for Fall 2020 resumption are till about 120 days to resumption date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 7:25am On Jan 31, 2020
nelem:

There should be a breakdown of all the costs (tuition, health, books) on the i20 with which you can know if there's a deficit or not.
Also be double sure of the term his/her is to resume, as visa interviews for Fall 2020 resumption are till about 120 days to resumption date.

Thanks once again! She's due to resume in August (Fall 2020). We'll ask now for tentative breakdown from her dept. It's one of these special programs comprising of not more than twelve students and so you can get a lot of attention and get questions answered easily.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martAKINOLA(m): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2020
rastaraj:

It's a big case oo, fill a new ds 160 and make sure you edit your appointment profile, so you remove the formal ds 160 code and put the new one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martAKINOLA(m): 9:33am On Jan 31, 2020
rastaraj:

it's a big case oo, refill a correct one and make sure you change its code on your appointment profile that's if you've booked for an appointment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.