Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1367617 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Preparation is better than being caught unawares.

Please students in the process, go on with everything you have to do asides the visa interview that is on hold for now of course. Pay your sevis and get all necessary documents. Anything can happen now and they will start visa interviews again.

If it happens that you can’t resume as at when you supposed to, there will be policies that will accommodate things like sevis payment that do expire and all as everyone in the world knows what’s happening. Many organizations here are extending the deadline of the services they render and its associated benefits.

So I would say don’t panic and just do the needful.

Thanks for the updates. I feel strongly that, clarity has been somewhat achieved, on the part of the US. Still, I'm somewhat worried about the inefficient strategy in use by our government, when it comes to handling pandemic matters.

Let's not be surprised that, the US embassy/consulate in Nigeria might not want to resume ontime, if timely measures are not taken to contain this pandemic internally. I think we still have something to worry about: potential delays in renormalization of the Nigerian economy.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Well on the Nigeria’s government part, I guess all we can do is wait and see what measures they take. It’s unfortunate that in a place like Nigeria, it won’t be easy to practice the social distancing. There is too much hunger and hardship in the land.

vc1177:

Thanks for the updates. I feel strongly that, clarity has been somewhat achieved, on the part of the US. Still, I'm somewhat worried about the inefficient strategy in use by our government, when it comes to handling pandemic matters.

Let's not be surprised that, the US embassy/consulate in Nigeria might not want to resume ontime, if timely measures are not taken to contain this pandemic internally. I think we still have something to worry about: potential delays in renormalization of the Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
iwriterng:

1. Accent. Accent. Accent. Had to deliberately learn to speak slowly and also spend time improving my enunciation. People tell you to “be you”; trust me being you with your accent will leave you with a lot of angry students. Resulting into bad reviews at the end of the semester.

Also don’t assume you don’t speak fast; I think we all do as Nigerian. So speak slowly, speak clearly and always write some difficult words on the board.

2. You have no control over this. Just be as helpful as possible. Know that American undergrad system is nothing compared to ours. They have lots of course load, assignment, quiz, papers presentation etc. so don’t take it personal if they’re not doing well in your class. It’s not you; it’s them. I was dead worried at first cos I assumed it’s a reflection of my effort, but then my supervisor told me about this and I became more confident.

3. American students are “spoon-fed” type. In a class on 20, you might have 3 or 4 really bright student. Others? Well well; let’s say you have to invest more time on them. And you’re expected to encourage them with positive words and not threaten or do any of those “you will fail” stuff.

4. Make it your goal to be helpful to these kids just like your professors are being helpful to you. Learn that some of them can be rude; emphasize “courtesy” in your class and be assertive when you feel disrespected. Not in a domineering way, but rather calm and instructive manner.

Hello Elder(s) iwriterng. Great thanks for the detailed responses. I am grateful. Trust everyone has been staying safe. Thanks again for your contributions to the thread. I still have more questions below:

5. Still on the TA experience, please can you compare it with an average teaching position in Nigeria, both senior secondary and university level, using the amount of teaching periods, workloads and some other environmental factors.

6. Also, are potential TAssistants open to regular trainings?

7. Do TAssistants have personal offices they use for consultations with undergraduates?

8. What is the difference between a TAssistant and a GAssistant? Are there any form of similarity between the two positions?

9. Are there strict policies that govern undergraduate classroom behaviours?

10. On the part of student's misconduct, what should a TAssistant do to remedy the situation?

Please Elder(s), I'm open to your wealth of inputs. Thank you for your esteemed audience.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thank you for this. the rush for the available slot when the embassy opens will be like never before. looks like a lot of people got admission this year.

Are you considering the video I suggested on Twitter?

Eniolakiite:
Preparation is better than being caught unawares.

Please students in the process, go on with everything you have to do asides the visa interview that is on hold for now of course. Pay your sevis and get all necessary documents. Anything can happen now and they will start visa interviews again.

If it happens that you can’t resume as at when you supposed to, there will be policies that will accommodate things like sevis payment that do expire and all as everyone in the world knows what’s happening. Many organizations here are extending the deadline of the services they render and its associated benefits.

So I would say don’t panic and just do the needful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
For number 6, for my school, Graduate assistants do have trainings from time to time.

7. If your duties involve tutoring, you might have a place you stay in case students have questions.
Generally the arrangement of what your duties will entail will be between you and your supervisor. You might not need to be in a office. You Just do what you have to do and report via emails and maybe check in with your supervisor from time to time.

For 9 and 10, they will give you training on how to conduct yourself and what to do in such cases.

vc1177:

Hello Elder(s) iwriterng. Great thanks for the detailed responses. I am grateful. Trust everyone has been staying safe. Thanks again for your contributions to the thread. I still have more questions below:

5. Still on the TA experience, please can you compare it with an average teaching position in Nigeria, both senior secondary and university level, using the amount of teaching periods, workloads and some other environmental factors.

6. Also, are potential TAssistants open to regular trainings?

7. Do TAssistants have personal offices they use for consultations with undergraduates?

8. What is the difference between a TAssistant and a GAssistant? Are there any form of similarity between the two positions?

9. Are there strict policies that govern undergraduate classroom behaviours?

10. On the part of student's misconduct, what should a TAssistant do to remedy the situation?

Please Elder(s), I'm open to your wealth of inputs. Thank you for your esteemed audience.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
What video is that? Don’t think I got that..

omomayelakesi:
Thank you for this. the rush for the available slot when the embassy opens will be like never before. looks like a lot of people got admission this year.

Are you considering the video I suggested on Twitter?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Twitter inbox April 19th
Eniolakiite:
What video is that? Don’t think I got that..

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
mzhorlah:
How did the interview go?
I guess it went well ma'am, till the decision is made before I'll know if I did well lol. Thanks ma'am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
What’s your username

omomayelakesi:
Twitter inbox April 19th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
I would like to remain anonymous. I just sent you a PM and an inbox message on twitter
Eniolakiite:
What’s your username

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
Alright

omomayelakesi:
I would like to remain anonymous. I just sent you a PM and an inbox message on twitter
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mzhorlah(f): 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
juliouze:

I guess it went well ma'am, till the decision is made before I'll know if I did well lol. Thanks ma'am
I wish you the best. You did not answer my question though. Are you going in for Student Affairs in Higher Edu?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jona48(m): 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Please elder(s), who knows anything concerning California University of Pennsylvania?
I'm planning on applying for my MBA there, so any information about the school and its environment will be a great deal for me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 12:31am On Apr 24, 2020
Good morning house, please do we have any North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University,Greensboro admit for fall2020?
Please I will like to know if you've gotten any update as regards the I-20 that will be mailed to us.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chemike16(m): 8:13am On Apr 24, 2020
arcTY:
Good morning house, please do we have any North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University,Greensboro admit for fall2020?
Please I will like to know if you've gotten any update as regards the I-20 that will be mailed to us.

Bro I have not though I just recently sent mine. Can I Dm u ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ijea: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2020
Hi guys how are u all holding up? I applied to three schools for my MBA programme, Mamount university New Jersey, Arkansas and Saginaw valley university located in Michigan for fall. I got admitted into Arkansas which didn't come with any scholarship but Saginaw admitted me with 8500 scholarship, now i was asked to pay 150 dollers non refundable fees within a month or the scholarship will be withdrawn. I had already requested for my i-20 form form Arkansas which has been sent befor i received a mail from Sagniaw valley stating that i have been admitted, am a bit confused on whether to go with Arkansas or pay the sum 150 D, pls gurus in the house i need advice..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neyor0402: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2020
I would suggest that you should consider the school ranking and and deficit before you decide
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ijea:
Hi guys how are u all holding up? I applied to three schools for my MBA programme, Mamount university New Jersey, Arkansas and Saginaw valley university located in Michigan for fall. I got admitted into Arkansas which didn't come with any scholarship but Saginaw admitted me with 8500 scholarship, now i was asked to pay 150 dollers non refundable fees within a month or the scholarship will be withdrawn. I had already requested for my i-20 form form Arkansas which has been sent befor i received a mail from Sagniaw valley stating that i have been admitted, am a bit confused on whether to go with Arkansas or pay the sum 150 D, pls gurus in the house i need advice..

Which school in Arkansas?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
Good Day Guys! Pls is there any here in University of Idaho (Computer Sci) or a prospective student for Fall 2020.

Like, I need to know Sup about there funding (TA or RA).

Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Chemike16:

Bro I have not though I just recently sent mine. Can I Dm u ?
I've replied the mail u sent me... call/whatsapp let's talk
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hello pple is there anyone here that have receive I-20 from middle Tennessee State University?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
Please is there anyone here accepted to Georgia State University - Masters in Biology program for Fall 2020? �⚪️�⚪️�
Please signify or send me a direct mail if you can... (I was accepted too but I need to make an inquiry).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.