Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357870 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2020
Modelove:
I have just been given an interview date for October 19....which is next Monday .....I just don’t know where to start from because I received the mail this morning
..Please help ooo

What have you done and what are you yet to do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2020
Cocao:

See, this application knowledge is not gotten in a day. It takes hours of research. Nairaland is just to see if anyone has any alternative idea or if you have a unique situation, but the bulk of the work has to be done by you.

The questions you are asking seem easily gotten from Google. I don't know the answers but I know that if I want to get it, I'll find it.

Put in research first okay

Bro I've done my research, I'm applying to 20 colleges 10 reach 5 target 5 safeties.

Also I submitted my application to 3 early action program yesterday, i want to apply for funding before the application deadline November 1st that's why I'm asking questions some accepted the ISFAA, some don't, a 19 provided me with an application fee waiver and about 15 provided me with a css profile waiver code simultaneously.
Only my profile shows that I've made enough research OK, see my name CURIOUS2020

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by michealdfrosh(m): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2020
Congratulations bro, I’m new to nairaland and I don’t know if I’m replying the right way now. Please I need your contact.. I’ve a few questions to ask about the interview because my interview is scheduled for next week, but I’m might not be able to see your reply due to fact that I don’t know how to use this platform
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2020
Curious2020:

I asked if I can pay for the css profile using a Nigerian Bank, den drDoom3 answered yes. I asked how will I do that? I didn't get further answers.

I also recall asking if there's anyone who gained admission for UG studies, if yes, did come with full funding and the name of the school, finish... no answer again.

. Your second question is pointless. Your circumstances are unique to yourself. Even if someone has finding in one school it doesn't apply to you.

First narrow down your school search based on the course you want to do. Read the school and department website, if they have funding, it will be stated there. Further questions should be directed to the admissions coordinator.

If you now have a specific request, state here

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 9:40am On Oct 14, 2020
Cocao:

. Your second question is pointless. Your circumstances are unique to yourself. Even if someone has finding in one school it doesn't apply to you.

First narrow down your school search based on the course you want to do. Read the school and department website, if they have funding, it will be stated there. Further questions should be directed to the admissions coordinator.

If you now have a specific request, state here
ok thanks that's why I asked pls can I pay for the css profile using my ATM card from sterling bank?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Petershow: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2020
Modelove:
I have just been given an interview date for October 19....which is next Monday .....I just don’t know where to start from because I received the mail this morning
..Please help ooo

nice. please when did you fill the emergecy form or was yours regular selection of date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 9:49am On Oct 14, 2020
Like I said, “Visa interview rush”. I didn’t say “until everybody goes for their interview and return”. The embassy resumed just a few days ago, hopefully by the end of this month, the rush would have died down.

Cheers.

Curious2020:

Ok so application deadline should be a month before I start asking abi? undecided

you started well but ended with a funny statement.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Patsido: 9:55am On Oct 14, 2020
I just got an interview date for Monday October 19, 2020. I was praying they respond to my message. So surprised it came so fast. Walspring, abeg where are you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2020
Modelove:
..Please help ooo

Same here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tsirin(f): 10:01am On Oct 14, 2020
Aderin0la:
No.
ceac.state.gov is the website to fill your DS-160 form...
www.fmjfee.com is the website to fill your form I-901 and pay your SEVIS fee...

thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 10:02am On Oct 14, 2020
adelawry:

Same here

Hello. Please do you mind sharing the content of the email sent through the form? And how long did it take to get the response you got recently? Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by engrbayo11: 10:23am On Oct 14, 2020
Patsido:
I just got an interview date for Monday October 19, 2020. I was praying they respond to my message. So surprised it came so fast. Walspring, abeg where are you?

Hello boss, when did you send them email and how long does it take them to respond?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 10:34am On Oct 14, 2020
fairheart:

What type of drink do you like? Tell me so I can order and have it delivered to you grin
I like the fact that you're honest in your response.

lol

Do you mean alcoholic drink or non alcoholic drink ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Modelove(f): 11:23am On Oct 14, 2020
Cocao:

Calm down okay, you can do this. First you need to pay your sevis and visa fees. Next print out your I-20 and all your other documents. Fill in your ds form, start reviewing interview questions and come up with a game plan.
Thanks jare.....I already payed my sevis and visa fees .....I want start printing the other documents today....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by opexy89: 11:37am On Oct 14, 2020
Modelove:
Thanks jare.....I already payed my sevis and visa fees .....I want start printing the other documents today....

When did you fill the form? And I guess you got the date today right? And what's the content of your reason like?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Patsido: 11:44am On Oct 14, 2020
@ engrbayo11
I sent a mail to them last week Friday and filled the form sent to me immediately. I just received the appointment email this morning.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lightp: 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2020
Modelove:
..Please help ooo

when did you apply?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2020
majiddele75:

Entitled little swine

undecided
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
Curious2020:

undecided
Young man, what exactly do you want and what is the problem?
Oya, list all your questions here make I try answer them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hi guys.
I plan to use my friend in Michigan as my contact person where I will quarantine for 14days and then travel to Virginia where my school is.

Now does it matter that Michigan is 9hrs away by road and 1hr by flight?

Or should I look for someone closer to Virginia
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
fairheart:

Young man, what exactly do you want and what is the problem?
Oya, list all your questions here make I try answer them.
Thanks boss

First can I pay for the css profile using ATM card from Sterling Bank?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2020
Curious2020:
Pls someone should create a thread " General USA UG and PG Admissions enquiries", it seems like this thread is full of selfish people who have gained admission, some are in the US, some are just concerned about getting their visa. Let's find our square root!

Nigerians are selfish, check quora you'd find oyinbo e.g: Tom Stagliano, Chris Lee e.t.c that are very passionate about answering your questions. I messaged them they replied enthusiastically, but I messaged a Nigerian girl from loyola Jesuit who got into darthmouth for her UG studies walahi she snobbed my message cry even when they're very busy, the oyinbo man Will always answer my questions. Naija let's be selfless oo, because later una go dey blame "Buhari", at ur own level what help did you render to those in need? Just to type and answer ppl question you do like say u no see. Na wa oo

Life sha.....That girl in Dartmouth do you actually know how she fairing, if she ok, if she struggling with culture change or general well being. You have concluded that since she didnt respond then she snubbed you when you dont even know what happening on her world

Continue... one day you will understand that nobody owes you anything

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Life sha.....That girl in Dartmouth do you actually know how she fairing, if she ok, if she struggling with culture change or general well being. You have concluded that since she didnt respond then she snubbed you when you dont even know what happening on her world

Continue... one day you will understand that nobody owes you anything
grin at least she don escape naija whala. Just to reply message what's so difficult in doing that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
Curious2020:
Thanks boss

First can I pay for the css profile using ATM card from Sterling Bank?
For any form of electronic payments bordering your application (except for SEVIS), Nigerian ATM cards work.
So you can use it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Patsido: 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2020
@ walspring

Whatsapp me. I sent the mobile number. Check your mail box.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
Curious2020:
grin at least she don escape naija whala. Just to reply message what's so difficult in doing that?

Your attitude is very annoying. You may be academically sound, but you need to learn to be understanding and listen to those who knows better than you. Most of the people who have been on this thread for a long time, contributing, advising, giving listening ears and even supporting strangers financially, are not your mates. Lagosismyhome is trying to correct and educate you, yet, you remain defensive.
This manner will likely make more people ignore you. Classroom education should not be subtituted for manner. Learn and move on!

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Newdawn123: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hello house, I have a little issue; I filled my DS-160 last week and I input every information on my data page however, the information of my passport was for the soon to expired one, now I have a new passport and the number isn't the same and that's contrary to what I was told. Now, what can I do to change the old passport number to the new one on the DS-160 I already submitted?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by yinkhar(f): 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
fairheart:

Your attitude is very annoying. You may be academically sound, but you need to learn to be understanding and listen to those who knows better than you. Most of the people who have been on this thread for a long time, contributing, advising, giving listening ears and even supporting strangers financially, are not your mates. Lagosismyhome is trying to correct and educate you, yet, you remain defensive.
This manner will likely make more people ignore you. Classroom education should not be subtituted for manner. Learn and move on!

You share same thought with me

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
Newdawn123:
Hello house, I have a little issue; I filled my DS-160 last week and I input every information on my data page however, the information of my passport was for the soon to expired one, now I have a new passport and the number isn't the same and that's contrary to what I was told. Now, what can I do to change the old passport number to the new one on the DS-160 I already submitted?

Just login with your current DS-160 application ID, then it will show that your application has already been submitted. Next, you will be asked whether you want to create a new application, click on that option. This will upload all the details you filled in your previous form. You can now make whatever changes you need to make. Don't forget to save your new application ID.

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.