Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022502 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BHA1234: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
Dera12345:
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST!!! (May applicant)

Experience is truly the best teacher, and my Canadian Sucess story made me believe the saying “EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING”!!! I know very well my story will motivate or strengthen some people never to give up in whatever that interests them, pursue it desperately like your life depends on it!! Yes I mean it.
Before I proceed, below is my timeline.

Online Application (2nd Application)
Submitted May 9th (10:57pm)
Upfront medicals passed on 11th June
Correspondence letter (today by 10:12am)
Original passport request (today by 10:32am)

This experience is my most difficult experience in life so far, I have always thought I can have anything I want in life but this Canada journey taught me that “Human beings can make any plans they want, but it’s God that decides their Sucess or failure”. I don’t even know where to begin from, but only God, Myself and @frankrobbn1 can tell my tragedy-comedy story.

So exactly a year today 20th June 2018, I submitted a paper route application and It was refused within 4weeks based on family ties, purpose of visit , personal assets and financial assets. Meanwhile, I have a Bsc in Biochemistry with overall CGPA 4.15 and last two year CGPA 4.71 , going for 2year diploma, paid tution fee $8,880cad.
when I received my refusal letter, I cried that very day like never before and till date my first refusal date 18th July,2018 still remains the worst day of my life, and the agent my parents used was just after money. After crying, knowing how bad i needed to leave this country I woke from my comfort zone and began my personal research, this was how I came across this wonderful forum and started reading up!

Through this wonderful platform I met an angel in human form, a motivator, my soulmate and my support system @frankrobbn1, may God bless you richly for me. Frank took his time to explain the errors in my application starting from advising me to secure a masters admission and that is nearly impossible to convince a VO on why diploma and not masters considering my high Gp, and secondly that my application is as empty as anything, I didn’t even submit my family’s information, no assets declared, no employment evidence and so on.

So I began my admission hunt and the devil started his work. Almost all the schools offering my course/ or related course requires a supervisor , and you know how difficult securing a supervisor can be. Some schools I contacted will tell me pump and play that I must identify a supervisor before applying while some will tell me to apply that they will assign me a supervisor once am admitted! I fell to their tricks and lost my application fee, I also tried contacting supervisors all kept turning me down. I kept sending countless mails to different supervisors in different universities all to no avail, some would always come up late with their negative mails of not having space in their lab while some will totally ignore me. I got feed up and I decided to stop sending mails but to call them on phone at least to get a straight forward response rather than waiting for their response that takes weeks and at the end must be negative. I made it as one of my daily activities to call at least 10 supervisors daily, and I did this for months!!! Even the ones that later accepted to supervise me though without funding just all of a sudden will deny even knowing me after I have submitted my application hoping I have secured a supervisor.

In general, I applied to 6 different universities in a space of 8months and all turned me down. I kept asking myself who did I offend? who is after my progress? Through this same wonderful forum I met a very nice fellow @agronat. Immediately he posted about him securing a masters admission with funding, i pm him to put me through, and that was how I realized the vital points/information missing out in my application and the reasons behind my refusals regardless of my high scores. And today am glad that my finally attempt landed me a [b]full fulled scholarship worth $38,076CAD at BROCK UNIVERSITY ONTARIO , 2 years MSc in Biotechnology. [/b] Big thanks to @frankrobbn1 for recommending Brock University to me. I nearly craze that day (April 18th, 2019)!!! NB: the scholarship covers my tution and living expenses with extra left, I was also guaranteed a graduate assistantship position. Isn’t God great? This was when I realized that God was preparing something greater for me.

Fast forward to my visa application, guru @frankrobbn1 finished work.. I personally wrote my SOP and LOE, but when frank was done reviewing it I couldn’t recognize my LOE and SOP .. lol, he reconstructed it and was even using the VO’s terms to address every issue. He sold me well and also left the Change for the Visa officer to keep. I can’t thank you enough.., even after I submitted my visa application he took me to a church where I was given 4 days dry fasting and prayers (something I have never done in my life). I’m not the churchious type but this journey brought me closer to God and will forever remain grateful. I will be traveling to lagos next week to submit my passport and at the same time celebrate this wonderful journey that ended well. Seriously my sleep tonight will be very special after one year of dreaming of CANADA �� Lol, and to @justwise thanks for making this platform possible.

Below are the list of documents I submitted with my application:
Father sponsor.

All CIC FORMS
MY PASSPORT DATA PAGE
DIGITAL PASSPORT
UPFRONT MEDICALS
CLIENT INFORMATION;
•LOE
•SOP
•CV
•A reference letter from my supervisor
•Degree Certificate
•Degree Transcripts
•NYSC Posting letter
•NYSC Certificate
•My birth certificate
•WAEC result
•Employment letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•Study leave approval letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•work ID CARD
•police clearance certificate
•Picture with my parents
•HSSE professional Certificate (levels 1,2 and 3)
• social club reference letter (Written by frank)
•Deed of Gift of a four story building with a penthouse on top from Dad( Drafted by a senior advocate of Nigeria), I did the deed of gift before my application but it was back dated!
•My parent’s marriage certificate
•My family 25th marriage silver jubilee calendar as far back as 2008 . (Showing a portrait of all my siblings and my parents in the center) I was only 12years old then but I added it because we don’t have family picture.
•Siblings birth certificate
•Reference letter from my dad company stating I am one of the directors of his company existing for more than 30years now.
• My ID CARD showing am a director

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
•My full funding unconditional acceptance letter
•Affidavit of sponsorship (Drafted by frank, signed by Dad and notary public )
•Letter of sponsorship (Written by frank , signed by Dad)
•Board of resolution letter
•Dad’s international passport data page
•Dad’s Statement of account ( Bal: #113,000,000 inflow- 440M outflow-375M)
•My Personal savings acc. About eight something!
• My Dom account statement (I explained that regardless of my full funding, my father transferred the sum of $10,000Cad for my flight itinerary and other miscellaneous expenses that might rise)
•Dad’s CAC
•Dad’s company particulars of directors (showing my name as one of the directors)
•Dad’s company memorandum of association
• proof of his company shares in all my siblings name and also my mum
•Dad’s landed property, evaluation report and survey plan( I included two building, one rented and one personal building), AND three empty lands under construction)

Even though I know my application is a little bit tight, I still handed it over to God because I have seen better applications refused, or the acceptance quota being reached as rumored on the forum,I said to God that they will bang the door when it’s my time to enter, I prayed against errors which can come from the VO leading to common refusals, lol, I prayed against bad mood on the head of the VO handling my application. Prayer is the Key.

I wish all TRV hopefuls SUCCESS!!!

I'm really interested in the bolded, I just sent you a PM, all my efforts to get supervisor or funding have not been fruitful, already applied to about 4 schools and my academic standing isnt bad at all. Any help or advice will be uber appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jetline: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
Qudkom:

Study plan seems to be poorly planned(Course) also your sop was deemed vague and poor. You also didn't submit convincing documents to show your establishment in the country. The full details of your application will have to be revealed to give proper guidance.

Thank you for your timely response.
Details of Application:
Bsc:Geography(2007)
MBA: Business Administration (2014)
Going for 2 years MSc in Forensic science
Tuition: 17000 CD approximately
Deposit: 600CD
Self sponsored with available fund of about N14M in my Ist application.
Married,in early 30's
Wife is working but not travelling with me.
Submitted survey plans of landed properties without deeds of conveyance (I thought the deeds will make my docs bulky)
Submitted share certificates.
Submitted 2 months payslips only.
*didn't submit salary account statement*
Submitted employment and promotion papers.
Submitted evidence of marriage.
Submitted evidence of travel history to The Netherlands, Belgium, UK and Germany.
Work with a Federal Parastatal where forensic analysis is used.
I have deferred my admission to fall 2020 and planning to reapply soon.I wish to tackle the two (generic) reasons on purpose of visit and assets/financial ....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BaaleOfOntario: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Thank you qudkom, my 2nd application will be sponsored by the father and his biological brother whom is a PR in Canada. my unlce is absolutely committed to be a co sponsor, fortunately he lives close to the school in London, He and his wife are writing me letters to support my 2nd application which Intend to submit by October. my question is what part of my application do I need to work on ?
Qudkom:

Ideally you didn't have any issues with your financial portfolio. Also having additional sponsors isn't an issue. However in reference to your gcms note if you can ensure that your proposed program correlates and you review your sop and make sure it isn't cage and straight to the point then you should be fine.

Also, Don't complicate the previous sponsor portfolio, If you're going to add any make sure they're showing commitments*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
BaaleOfOntario:
Thank you qudkom, my 2nd application will be sponsored by the father and his biological brother whom is a PR in Canada. my unlce is absolutely committed to be a co sponsor, fortunately he lives close to the school in London, He and his wife are writing me letters to support my 2nd application which Intend to submit by October. my question is what part of my application do I need to work on ?
OK good. Have them write a letter stating they will provide accommodation for you and also their house details/documents can be attached. That way you're good on the finances. Also have any 3rd party sponsor deposit to your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BaaleOfOntario: 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2019
okay. Thank you I will be glad if you could kindly hell me in reviewing my SOP and LOE when I'm done.
Qudkom:

OK good. Have them write a letter stating they will provide accommodation for you and also their house details/documents can be attached. That way you're good on the finances. Also have any 3rd party sponsor deposit to your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
SmallerB:
PASSPORT REQUEST PRAISE GOD
Congrats!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cisca53(f): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
litterbug:
I have been waiting for this day for a long time. All thanks to the almighty God, the creator of heaven and earth for making it happen.
Approval Alert.
Online application (Me): 25th of July 2018
Online application (Dependants - visiting) 30th of July 2018.
Biometrics- 30th of July 2018
Medical request: 14th of June 2019
Eligibility review: 14th of June 2019
Medical passed: 2nd and 4th of July respectively. (Dependants and I )
PPRs : 25th of July 2019
Passports submission: 26th of July 2019
Correspondence letter: 2nd of August 2019
Passports ready for pickup mail: 2nd of August 2019
Passport pickup: 5th of August 2019

Application Profile
School: Olds College Calgary Alberta
Course : Apparel Technology (Diploma)
Duration: 2 years with coop
Sponsor: Husband
Co Sponsor: Husband' elder brother(maternal step brother with different surname)

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
Sop
Admission letter
Receipt of tuition deposit
Personal statement of account
Pension statement
Husband's statement of account
Copy of husband's (sponsor) visa and data page
Husband's pension statement
Brother in law's (co sponsor) company statement of account
Copy of Co sponsor visa and data page
Degree Certificate in Business Administration
Nysc Certificate
Waec Certificate
Fashion designing Diploma Certificate
CAC certificate
Sponsors letters
Dependants school results, certificates and awards
Consent letter from husband
Copies of our international passport data pages and visa pages

Thanks to the nairaland canadian student visa thread. Special thanks to  my bro Raulfudoh, Shadypoza, Austacus, Frankrobbn1, 042viber, makano, Kishkosh, sankara01 and goingforward.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cisca53(f): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2019
litterbug:
I have been waiting for this day for a long time. All thanks to the almighty God, the creator of heaven and earth for making it happen.
Approval Alert.

Application Profile
Co Sponsor: Husband' elder brother(maternal step brother with different surname)

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
Sop
Admission letter
Pension statement
Nysc Certificate
Waec Certificate
CAC certificate
Sponsors letters

Thanks to the nairaland canadian student visa thread. Special thanks to  my bro Raulfudoh, Shadypoza, Austacus, Frankrobbn1, 042viber, makano, Kishkosh, sankara01 and goingforward.

Congratulations......i am still expecting mine ...applied on the 23 of July
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cisca53(f): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
Congratulations..,.i am still expecting mine applied on the 23 of July
litterbug:
Approval Alert.

Application Profile

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
Sop
Admission letter
Pension statement
Nysc Certificate
Waec Certificate
CAC certificate
Sponsors letters

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2019
A whole baale? Gbogbo Ontario cheesy grin
BaaleOfOntario:
okay. Thank you I will be glad if you could kindly hell me in reviewing my SOP and LOE when I'm done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
That's a very bad advice, u r encouraging him or she to be an illegal immigrant making it impossible for her to permanently settle, my dear u must be in school to work part-time, I would advise you to defer ur admission and pray to be financially ready by then.
Obehi44:

Na wa oh, things de happen for this life.
Well, nothing spoil my dear. Stop thinking too much but start dancing for your blessings.
Please look for your flight money and go to Canada, when you get there, defer your admission to the next season and start working. Trying to get different jobs of day and night so as to raise money. You may even get from a God sent who will loan you and you pay back when you saved enough. Don't stay back.... Go there and hustle.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mroyato(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
Dera12345:
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST!!! (May applicant)

Experience is truly the best teacher, and my Canadian Sucess story made me believe the saying “EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING”!!! I know very well my story will motivate or strengthen some people never to give up in whatever that interests them, pursue it desperately like your life depends on it!! Yes I mean it.
Before I proceed, below is my timeline.

Online Application (2nd Application)
Submitted May 9th (10:57pm)
Upfront medicals passed on 11th June
Correspondence letter (today by 10:12am)
Original passport request (today by 10:32am)

This experience is my most difficult experience in life so far, I have always thought I can have anything I want in life but this Canada journey taught me that “Human beings can make any plans they want, but it’s God that decides their Sucess or failure”. I don’t even know where to begin from, but only God, Myself and @frankrobbn1 can tell my tragedy-comedy story.

So exactly a year today 20th June 2018, I submitted a paper route application and It was refused within 4weeks based on family ties, purpose of visit , personal assets and financial assets. Meanwhile, I have a Bsc in Biochemistry with overall CGPA 4.15 and last two year CGPA 4.71 , going for 2year diploma, paid tution fee $8,880cad.
when I received my refusal letter, I cried that very day like never before and till date my first refusal date 18th July,2018 still remains the worst day of my life, and the agent my parents used was just after money. After crying, knowing how bad i needed to leave this country I woke from my comfort zone and began my personal research, this was how I came across this wonderful forum and started reading up!

Through this wonderful platform I met an angel in human form, a motivator, my soulmate and my support system @frankrobbn1, may God bless you richly for me. Frank took his time to explain the errors in my application starting from advising me to secure a masters admission and that is nearly impossible to convince a VO on why diploma and not masters considering my high Gp, and secondly that my application is as empty as anything, I didn’t even submit my family’s information, no assets declared, no employment evidence and so on.

So I began my admission hunt and the devil started his work. Almost all the schools offering my course/ or related course requires a supervisor , and you know how difficult securing a supervisor can be. Some schools I contacted will tell me pump and play that I must identify a supervisor before applying while some will tell me to apply that they will assign me a supervisor once am admitted! I fell to their tricks and lost my application fee, I also tried contacting supervisors all kept turning me down. I kept sending countless mails to different supervisors in different universities all to no avail, some would always come up late with their negative mails of not having space in their lab while some will totally ignore me. I got feed up and I decided to stop sending mails but to call them on phone at least to get a straight forward response rather than waiting for their response that takes weeks and at the end must be negative. I made it as one of my daily activities to call at least 10 supervisors daily, and I did this for months!!! Even the ones that later accepted to supervise me though without funding just all of a sudden will deny even knowing me after I have submitted my application hoping I have secured a supervisor.

In general, I applied to 6 different universities in a space of 8months and all turned me down. I kept asking myself who did I offend? who is after my progress? Through this same wonderful forum I met a very nice fellow @agronat. Immediately he posted about him securing a masters admission with funding, i pm him to put me through, and that was how I realized the vital points/information missing out in my application and the reasons behind my refusals regardless of my high scores. And today am glad that my finally attempt landed me a full fulled scholarship worth $38,076CAD at BROCK UNIVERSITY ONTARIO , 2 years MSc in Biotechnology. Big thanks to @frankrobbn1 for recommending Brock University to me. I nearly craze that day (April 18th, 2019)!!! NB: the scholarship covers my tution and living expenses with extra left, I was also guaranteed a graduate assistantship position. Isn’t God great? This was when I realized that God was preparing something greater for me.

Fast forward to my visa application, guru @frankrobbn1 finished work.. I personally wrote my SOP and LOE, but when frank was done reviewing it I couldn’t recognize my LOE and SOP .. lol, he reconstructed it and was even using the VO’s terms to address every issue. He sold me well and also left the Change for the Visa officer to keep. I can’t thank you enough.., even after I submitted my visa application he took me to a church where I was given 4 days dry fasting and prayers (something I have never done in my life). I’m not the churchious type but this journey brought me closer to God and will forever remain grateful. I will be traveling to lagos next week to submit my passport and at the same time celebrate this wonderful journey that ended well. Seriously my sleep tonight will be very special after one year of dreaming of CANADA �� Lol, and to @justwise thanks for making this platform possible.

Below are the list of documents I submitted with my application:
Father sponsor.

All CIC FORMS
MY PASSPORT DATA PAGE
DIGITAL PASSPORT
UPFRONT MEDICALS
CLIENT INFORMATION;
•LOE
•SOP
•CV
•A reference letter from my supervisor
•Degree Certificate
•Degree Transcripts
•NYSC Posting letter
•NYSC Certificate
•My birth certificate
•WAEC result
•Employment letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•Study leave approval letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•work ID CARD
•police clearance certificate
•Picture with my parents
•HSSE professional Certificate (levels 1,2 and 3)
• social club reference letter (Written by frank)
•Deed of Gift of a four story building with a penthouse on top from Dad( Drafted by a senior advocate of Nigeria), I did the deed of gift before my application but it was back dated!
•My parent’s marriage certificate
•My family 25th marriage silver jubilee calendar as far back as 2008 . (Showing a portrait of all my siblings and my parents in the center) I was only 12years old then but I added it because we don’t have family picture.
•Siblings birth certificate
•Reference letter from my dad company stating I am one of the directors of his company existing for more than 30years now.
• My ID CARD showing am a director

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
•My full funding unconditional acceptance letter
•Affidavit of sponsorship (Drafted by frank, signed by Dad and notary public )
•Letter of sponsorship (Written by frank , signed by Dad)
•Board of resolution letter
•Dad’s international passport data page
•Dad’s Statement of account ( Bal: #113,000,000 inflow- 440M outflow-375M)
•My Personal savings acc. About eight something!
• My Dom account statement (I explained that regardless of my full funding, my father transferred the sum of $10,000Cad for my flight itinerary and other miscellaneous expenses that might rise)
•Dad’s CAC
•Dad’s company particulars of directors (showing my name as one of the directors)
•Dad’s company memorandum of association
• proof of his company shares in all my siblings name and also my mum
•Dad’s landed property, evaluation report and survey plan( I included two building, one rented and one personal building), AND three empty lands under construction)

Even though I know my application is a little bit tight, I still handed it over to God because I have seen better applications refused, or the acceptance quota being reached as rumored on the forum,I said to God that they will bang the door when it’s my time to enter, I prayed against errors which can come from the VO leading to common refusals, lol, I prayed against bad mood on the head of the VO handling my application. Prayer is the Key.

I wish all TRV hopefuls SUCCESS!!!

Here is apparently the most inspiring story on this thread. I can't believe I am just seeing it. Congratulations sis.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BaaleOfOntario: 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
shinaldo and agronact. pls kindly send your message to this mail. jinmidayo@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by g00dy: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
Congratulations!!! So so happy for you...
Yesterday made it one month since I applied and still haven’t gotten my medicals passed yet, do you think I need to send a web form?

SmallerB:
LOL IT FEELS LIKE A MIRACLE LOL
Second application
submitted online June 20
Medical request July 5(funny thing is my first application was refused after 15days also)
Medicals done July 18
Medicals passed August 2( i had to call Qlife cause it was passed the 10 working days. They told me they had sent it, thats when the true worry started ehn i started questioning my health since i had a surgery in june lol. So i sent a web form on august 1st and the next day i got medicals passed)
BVl August 2nd also
Application was processed in Paris
Passport request August 5 lol

I submitted all cic forms
Admission letter: university of Saskatchewan going for PGD food science, i have an undergraduate degree in microbiology and 4.78cgpa i couldn't get a supervisor sadly. But i spoke to the program coordinator and he said if i have good grades and get a supervisor after the first semester i could switch to Msc so i am hoping(crossed fingers)i graduated uni at 19 so i mentioned how young and all i still am so a career switch blah blah lol i am surprised. I made mention of the courses i did as an undegrad that are related to food science(like food microbiology, organic chem, bio chem and industrial micro) i also mentioned that my undergraduate course was slightly deficient so i couldn't get into masters which is true in a way.
My mum is my main sponsor, statement of account of 9m and 7m TB said to be dedicated to my studies
Submitted my dad's will with funds and land property dedicated to i and my siblings. It also had court order.
Submitted my transcript and thats all. And above all i added my God to the equation lol.

My first application was refused based on ties to Canada and purpose of visit. I ordered GMCS note and it didnt mention anything about my study plan being vague or anything. VO's main point is that i wont return to Nigeria. I was really sad when the refusal came, i cried sef then ran to niaraland and read all the responses lol. My first application had all the documents i believe it was even perfect but yet it was refused. My second application i didn't even notorise sponsors letter or anything, didn't even submit birth certificate or any extra thing. Its only God that's all. I'm so thankful for everyone that posts here i have always been silent but I'm grateful to everyone here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
jessyeve:
That's a very bad advice, u r encouraging him or she to be an illegal immigrant making it impossible for her to permanently settle, my dear u must be in school to work part-time, I would advise you to defer ur admission and pray to be financially ready by then.... But nawa for cic, rejecting people that already paid part of tuition and ready to study and then accepting a student that isn't ready, nawa.
The thing is I'm not even sure which country he is talking about, cos he posted the same thing in the US thread and US is much stricter on working without schooling than Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Legitn(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2019
Abeg I won japa from this naija who fit help me ��������������

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Masterariyo(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
Dear all, please, is there anyone that submitted paper application as at 10-15th June that has heard anything or received any mail?

No 2, i submitted mine on 13th June, until now i am yet to go for medical. Do you advise me to go for an upfront

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
Congrats Dear, happy to be part of ur success story, go make us proud in Canada.. Wish you the best.. Peace
litterbug:
Approval Alert.

Application Profile

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
Sop
Admission letter
Pension statement
Nysc Certificate
Waec Certificate
CAC certificate
Sponsors letters

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
Obehi44:

Na wa oh, things de happen for this life.
Well, nothing spoil my dear. Stop thinking too much but start dancing for your blessings.
Please look for your flight money and go to Canada, when you get there, defer your admission to the next season and start working. Trying to get different jobs of day and night so as to raise money. You may even get from a God sent who will loan you and you pay back when you saved enough. Don't stay back.... Go there and hustle.
I know you meant no harm but we must stop this mentality of 'going to hustle' in which ever way possible.
If he isn't in school, why should he go and hustle illegally?
Many Nigerians travel with this mindset and CIC try to prevent it by making rigorous checks before granting a visa. Things like this keep making getting visas as a Nigerian close to impossible.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
If your application is still within the processin time, there is no need to disturb them.. But if it is over the processing time, then go ahead.. Peace
g00dy:
Yesterday made it one month since I applied and still haven’t gotten my medicals passed yet, do you think I need to send a web form?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
Masterariyo:
Dear all, please, is there anyone that submitted paper application as at 10-15th June that has heard anything or received any mail?

No 2, i submitted mine on 13th June, until now i am yet to go for medical. Do you advise me to go for an upfront
Relax... you are not alone
We are “Legion”
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
g00dy:

One month kwa...processing times is 8 weeks so chill. Some people applications are almost 8 weeks without medical call yet. At least after the processing time is over, you can send a webform.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
jessyeve:
That's a very bad advice, u r encouraging him or she to be an illegal immigrant making it impossible for her to permanently settle, my dear u must be in school to work part-time, I would advise you to defer ur admission and pray to be financially ready by then.... But nawa for cic, rejecting people that already paid part of tuition and ready to study and then accepting a student that isn't ready, nawa.

Even that working sef get as it be...it can only take care of living expenses and not school fees. It’s not easy starting up in a country that doesn’t care about your personal upkeep at all. He should defer and apply for external aid or raise money and then travel.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by g00dy: 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
My school resumes on Sept 4th...that’s why*crieennn

Blema111:

One month kwa...processing times is 8 weeks so chill. Some people applications are almost 8 weeks without medical call yet. At least after the processing time is over, you can send a webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 12:34am On Aug 06, 2019
My application is exactly 7weeks today, no single update from cic aside from background check which has been in process since, i just dont want to have any reason to differ my admission to January. cry
this wait is too long, i check my cic page sometimes 5times a day, i just closed the page now self grin.
i am june 18th applicant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Josade69: 1:29am On Aug 06, 2019
Alright I'll do so. Thanks.

4evaco:

Hi Josade. Please let me know when you get your study permit approval. I would like to connect with you since we will be studying in the same faculty. Praying for a speedy and positive outcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcjeezy(m): 2:56am On Aug 06, 2019
mzjokky16:
My application is exactly 7weeks today, no single update from cic aside from background check which has been in process since, i just dont want to have any reason to differ my admission to January. cry
this wait is too long, i check my cic page sometimes 5times a day, i just closed the page now self grin.
Paper or online application? I applied on 14th no mail yet on even medicals,do paper applicants have I page too please help by replying I’ll appreciate don’t know so much about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 6:04am On Aug 06, 2019
coolguy567:
Hello,Please I'm an undergraduate student in one of the Nigeria Universities and I got my two years student visa some weeks ago but the problem I'm now facing is that the statement of account of the person I use is not ready to sponsor me and when I contact those people I know over there I was told I can only come and work there in as much I don't have money for my tuition fees.
Please I really need your advice should I stay in Nigeria and continue my education or I should go.
I'm confused and I don't know what to do again I can't sleep for the past three weeks coz I really have a passion for my education
Please advice me.
Please I need a urgent urgent reply

You are a questionable character, you posted this same story few months ago in US student visa thread and yesterday you posted again in that thread and here.

You and your posts will be gone in this section.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BHA1234: 6:18am On Aug 06, 2019
mzjokky16:
Mine has passed 14 weeks o, and I resume this month self

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.