Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1027011 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
Despite you might have a genuine reason for wanting to do Bsc Nursing, I think the VO may not assume it this way. I will say try to look for a PGD or masters in a college or uni that can accept your Bichemistry BSc for Msc Nursing. Hopefully you have a nursing experience or strong letter of intent to support your application with. I’m not sure but I think that if you don’t disclose your Bsc, the consulate can still investigate & find out . Also remember that time waits for no one, do you have 4 years to spend on Bsc with employers now preferring Msc holders? Biochemistry can still get you a good job wherever you find your self in the world (eg assisting to find a cure for CONVID19). Just my two cents all the best.
legit90:
Hello great Nairalander

I’m looking for admission in one the designated schools in Canada.

I have a BSc in Biochemistry and currently serving, but I want to go for Nursing in Canada. I’m confused if I’m to use my degree to apply or to use my WAEC result to apply. And also would there be any issues I want to apply for study permit visa, from the fact that I have a degree in Biochemistry and I’m going for a different degree as undergraduate?

Please your suggestions would be very much appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 6:10am On Apr 26, 2020
Luckymama:

MyBankticket for GTB process is really simple. On your online banking platform, go to download statement. There is the option to send statement to embassy. A list of embassies are there including Canada. When you click Canada you have options to select what type of visa you are applying for and whether you are the Applicant, sponsor or guarantor.
Once you are done they send the ticket to your email that is attached to the account. You can download the ticket and attach to your application. Sometimes the email may delay but on the occasions I have used it- both the Applicant and Sponsor, it eventually dropped.

Thanks for your explanation, well simplified.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kentz3: 6:37am On Apr 26, 2020
Good day guys ,i dont know wat to do about my application i already have a bsc in biology with cgpa of 2.8 and a masters degree from a cyprus university ,and now i really want to move to canada through the student visa route .i dont thing i can get a phd or a masters admission with my low bsc cgpa ,and wont it sound akward to the VO IF I apply for a pdg after having a masters already from cyprus...i want to get admission for a project management programme.
Ur contributions will be higly appreciated .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fratermathy(m): 9:14am On Apr 26, 2020
roselex:
Hello everyone,
Please i have a few questions about PHD in canada

Are there scholarships for Phd interntional student?

Do we need to write the english exams as well?

can we travel with family?

PhD is almost always funded. However, entry requirements are stringent and admission rate is very low. There is serious competition for limited spaces. You don't need to write any exam. However you should be prepared to have these as minimum qualifications:

CGPA for first degree: Above 4.00 (especially in the last two years of study)
Grade for Masters degree: Above 65% or 4.30

You also need a great proposal in addition to the above. You may need to secure a supervisor yourself too, depending on the school and your department.

You also need great letters of recommendation. Not those empty letters that we write here but something detailed and personal.

Having published papers will give you an advantage. However, with or without publications, you may need to submit a writing sample and whatever you submit should be superb.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:24am On Apr 26, 2020
Kentz3:
Good day guys ,i dont know wat to do about my application i already have a bsc in biology with cgpa of 2.8 and a masters degree from a cyprus university ,and now i really want to move to canada through the student visa route .i dont thing i can get a phd or a masters admission with my low bsc cgpa ,and wont it sound akward to the VO IF I apply for a pdg after having a masters already from cyprus...i want to get admission for a project management programme.
Ur contributions will be higly appreciated .

You can't apply for a admission for project management while you have a bsc in biology.. Wat I feel u should do is apply for a pgd in a course related to your bsc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Caleb2222(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
Goodday everyone and happy Sunday to y’all..please i want to apply for a canadian study permit but I’m really confused on how to gather my documents and makeup a well packaged application.. please can someone help me with some advice or things i need to do so i can succeed with the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hello All, my Dad’s (sponsor) Int’l passport has two issues: it has long expired (since 2010) and his first name was written in place of surname while his surname in place of first name.

Is there any issue if I use his Voter’s card which has his correct name arrangement and dispense with the Int’l Passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hello guys what other form of identity document can one use in filling form apart from NIN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
Olayinkaji:
Hello guys what other form of identity document can one use in filling form apart from NIN

International passport and details on your acceptance letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Hello All, my Dad’s (sponsor) Int’l passport has two issues: it has long expired (since 2010) and his first name was written in place of surname while his surname in place of first name.

Is there any issue if I use his Voter’s card which has his correct name arrangement and dispense with the Int’l Passport?

Voter's card is a legal proof of identity, you can use it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Crystalheart: 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hi, I didn't get your point her, please shed light.. Thanks
Luckymama:

Nigeria is one of the designated countries. That question is meant to determine whether you will go for a medical test or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by iwillgetthere: 2:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
Could it be that IRCC are working on a Sunday?.. A guy telling me now that he got rejection message/ refusal update today.

How true could this be, on a weekend? And his last update has been correspondence letter... Na wa o. You can't predict these Canada immigration guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
Caleb2222:
Goodday everyone and happy Sunday to y’all..please i want to apply for a canadian study permit but I’m really confused on how to gather my documents and makeup a well packaged application.. please can someone help me with some advice or things i need to do so i can succeed with the application.
Hello,
If you have been granted admission by an institution (Designated Learning Institute) in Canada, basically, you have an acceptance letter at hand and have been informed to apply for a study permit.

Do check this out:

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION:

Get as many as the shortlisted documents and include them with your application.

Sponsor 1 Documents (Company)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Article of association and memorandum
3. CAC CERTIFICATE
4. Particulars of directors in the company
5. Tax Clearance Certificate
6. Company bank statements for the past six (6) months.
7. Board Resolution Letter stating that they are fully aware of this sponsorship and approve it.
8. Affidavit of Support
9. Business invoices

Sponsor 2 Documents (father)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (if employed) OR business documents (if self-employed) (CAC certificate, Article of association and memorandum, tax clearance certificate, particulars of directors in the company).
3. Pay slips
4. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
5. Copy of sponsors international passport
6. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account.
7. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property
8. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
9. Shares or Investment account (Like T/bills) (if any)

Applicant’s Documents
1. Barcode Page & 2 Passport Photographs
2. Document Checklist for a Study Permit (IMM5483E)
3. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
4. Family Information form (IMM5645E) or (IMM5707E)
5. Copy of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members OR Birth certificates (Parents and Siblings)
6. University's Unconditional Official Letter of Admission
7. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
8. Copy of Letter of Employment
9. Copy of Confirmation of Employment
10. Letter of Introduction from Employer
11. Statement of Account (Salary Account) (if any).
12. Employment pay slip for the past 4 months
13. Copy of Birth Certificate
14. Copy of Police Character Certificate
15. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate
16. Copy of Degree Certificate
17. Copy of Certificate of National Service
18. Copy of Transcript of Academic Records
19. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page
20. Copy of family picture. (not compulsory)
21. Resume
22. Professional Certifications (if any)
23. Volunteer letters
24. Recommendation letters from job experience

If you're using a company sponsorship as primary proof of support, I would suggest you get them to pay part of your tuition fee and transfer the living expenses to your account. This will solve the issue of funds accessibility and availability that might be raised by the visa officer.

Best of luck

If you gave digested this, then you can now ask your questions on how to begin and make a well-packaged Canada Study Visa Application

Your Questions Will be Answered.

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
iwillgetthere:
Could it be that IRCC are working on a Sunday?.. A guy telling me now that he got rejection message/ refusal update today.

How true could this be, on a weekend? And his last update has been correspondence letter... Na wa o. You can't predict these Canada immigration guys.
which day did he get the correpondence letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by iwillgetthere: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
17th of April

Kaycevit:
which day did he get the correpondence letter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ashirioluwa: 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
legit90:
Hello great Nairalander

I have a BSc in Biochemistry and currently serving, but I want to go for Nursing in Canada. I’m confused if I’m to use my degree to apply or to use my WAEC result to apply. And also would there be any issues I want to apply for study permit visa, from the fact that I have a degree in Biochemistry and I’m going for a different degree as undergraduate?

You need to talk / email admission officer /department of a nursing school about your intention to transfer. Because you have bsc biochemistry, the Bsn program will only take you 2 to 3 years to finish.

Also you can look for Bsn accelerated program for those who already had degree in other fields. Accelerated program takes about 14 to 24 months to complete if you have all the pre requisite. You can also check this school out. See link below

https://www.upei.ca/nursing/undergraduate/accelerated-bscn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Achieverpaul: 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Chief Frank, thanks for all you do
Expecting your reply soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
Olayibo1:
I know I have to go for post graduate or masters degree but I wish to study web design and development..and you know I may not be qualified to do it as masters degree or as post graduate because of what I did in my first degree. I also wish to learn it from the beginning..that's why I'm going for a diploma..also..can they accept two WAEC results or Can I just use my degree results alone? Also...i need names of colleges that can accept that
Thanks for your concern

Hello Olayibo1,

YES. Try Holland College if they have your course.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Caleb2222(m): 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hello,
If you have been granted admission by an institution (Designated Learning Institute) in Canada, basically, you have an acceptance letter at hand and have been informed to apply for a study permit.

Do check this out:

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION:

Get as many as the shortlisted documents and include them with your application.

Sponsor 1 Documents (Company)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Article of association and memorandum
3. CAC CERTIFICATE
4. Particulars of directors in the company
5. Tax Clearance Certificate
6. Company bank statements for the past six (6) months.
7. Board Resolution Letter stating that they are fully aware of this sponsorship and approve it.
8. Affidavit of Support
9. Business invoices

Sponsor 2 Documents (father)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (if employed) OR business documents (if self-employed) (CAC certificate, Article of association and memorandum, tax clearance certificate, particulars of directors in the company).
3. Pay slips
4. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
5. Copy of sponsors international passport
6. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account.
7. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property
8. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
9. Shares or Investment account (Like T/bills) (if any)

Applicant’s Documents
1. Barcode Page & 2 Passport Photographs
2. Document Checklist for a Study Permit (IMM5483E)
3. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
4. Family Information form (IMM5645E) or (IMM5707E)
5. Copy of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members OR Birth certificates (Parents and Siblings)
6. University's Unconditional Official Letter of Admission
7. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
8. Copy of Letter of Employment
9. Copy of Confirmation of Employment
10. Letter of Introduction from Employer
11. Statement of Account (Salary Account) (if any).
12. Employment pay slip for the past 4 months
13. Copy of Birth Certificate
14. Copy of Police Character Certificate
15. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate
16. Copy of Degree Certificate
17. Copy of Certificate of National Service
18. Copy of Transcript of Academic Records
19. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page
20. Copy of family picture. (not compulsory)
21. Resume
22. Professional Certifications (if any)
23. Volunteer letters
24. Recommendation letters from job experience

If you're using a company sponsorship as primary proof of support, I would suggest you get them to pay part of your tuition fee and transfer the living expenses to your account. This will solve the issue of funds accessibility and availability that might be raised by the visa officer.

Best of luck

If you gave digested this, then you can now ask your questions on how to begin and make a well-packaged Canada Study Visa Application

Your Questions Will be Answered.
okay thanks dear please where and how can i get a sample of SOP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
roselex:
Hello everyone,
Please i have a few questions about PHD in canada

Are there scholarships for Phd interntional student?

Do we need to write the english exams as well?

can we travel with family?

Hello Roselex,

Ph.D programs offers partial or full funding. You won't be requested to write one only if you've not done any of your previous studies in English. A family application is highly recognized by IRCC.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
eddyme:
Hello Good people
Please what should i fill in this section.

Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?

Your Answer is YES cause you’re currently living in the designated country and medical is YES for Nigeria (go through the list of countries and territories that was given, Nigeria is in the list),
and you’re a foreign national.

If you tick No, you would be exempted for medical request and it might affect your application.
You can only choose NO only when you’ve been in Canada, the US, or the UK, Australia, New Zealand, for more than 6 months. (some small countries and territories medical is NO but it doesn't mean, they won't go for the medical. It's because there's no recognise IRcC physician in the country or territory. IRCC will figure it out for them on how they can go with the medical.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2020
PeterDre:
Good evening everyone, trust we all are keeping safe. Thanks guys for all of the info and guidance thus far on this platform.

I am about to apply for a study visa for an Msc program. Currently working with the Federal Govt, 35yrs, and married with 2 kids.

Please can I use a sponsor(My brother)?

If yes, can he do the following?

1.Send me the money with a deed of gift.
2.Show his personal account
3.Tender his company's documents.

Though he is employed, but prefer to use his personal account and his company's details.

Kindly advise. Thanks

Hello PeterDre,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your brother sponsor you. A sibling sponsorship is next thing closer to parent sponsorship. However, it will be more reasonable if you apply alone. There are many legal ways to prove that your brother gave you a gift. The Deed of Gift itself stands for many purpose and it can be used. For actuality, let the gifted amount reflects in both his and your BS except it was gifted in case.

Using his personal account to sponsor is very good in addition to his company's documents. Go ahead with your application, the queries in actualities are spot on.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
eddyme:
Hello Good people
Please what should i fill in this section.

Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?

Hello Eddyme,

If you haven't left your home country before or you've stayed outside your home country for 6 months or less if you're a frequent traveller, your answer should should be NO.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Caleb2222:
okay thanks dear please where and how can i get a sample of SOP

Alright, Send me a PM

And also read the content in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/103#35275420

It will give u VERY IMPORTANT CLUES WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP

Note:
Make sure u avoid Plagiarism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
legit90:
Hello great Nairalander

Hello Legit90,

The website of IRCC didn't state any INSTRUCTIONS that you can't study or get approved for wanting to do a second degree or a first degree after a second degree. The RULE is to be able to provide convincing reasons "arguing for" that there is progression/self-development. The VO are the GAME themselves and as thus, they have immunity and can apply their rule without flouting the instructions of IRCC and use their discretion to analyse your reasons to see if they are logical enough. You've to beat them to their game and if you did, hence, you did a good homework proving you're a genuine student.

In reality its a red flag to apply for a course or program that doesn't show progression and self-development or correlation and relation but however, this move can swing in either way of approval or refusal. The good thing is that most people in the erstwhile has taken the bulls by their balls and made clothings with the red flag. If you have sharp intuition and a thinking hat, then the balls of one of the bulls becomes your trophy. Mind you, the path is Black and White.

You will use your WAEC but you can support your admission by including your 1st Degree Certificate or as required by your DLI when applying. Visit the school's website to check or send them an email to clarify.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Annettevoke(f): 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hello house on this form Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E) how do i fill the date for current employment in the TO? pls note that i am still working or should i leave it blank? i filled Employment date on the FROM column.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.