Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1032652 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vinz0499(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2019
Good evening please while writing my letters of sponsorship, which address do I put for the embassy, Nigeria or Kenya
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by niskill: 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
emeritus00:
PPR at exactly 12pm...

Online Application
Application submitted on 19th April
Biometric Request on 20th April
Biometric done on 23rd April
Medical Request on 2nd May
Medical done on 14th May
Medical passed on 20th May
Biometric Correspondence Letter received on 28th May
Approved and PPR on 24th June

Documents submitted will be shared later. I submitted few documents anyway

still waiting for this pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jaylap: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2019
Good evening! I need your advise. I am planning to reapply for my study permit next month. I am planning on getting married next year. So I want to ask if I can reapply as Common Law or I should just stick to Single that I have mentioned in my previous application that was refused. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2019
Jaylap:
Good evening! I need your advise. I am planning to reapply for my study permit next month. I am planning on getting married next year. So I want to ask if I can reapply as Common Law or I should just stick to Single that I have mentioned in my previous application that was refused. Thanks
Do you in ten to use your husband as a sponsor? If yes that will improve your home ties, financial strength and better convince the VO that you'll return home. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
raymege:
She would need a transit visa since she's going through 2(Franfurt and Milan) European cities.

There is a difference between layover and stopover especially if you're travelling across the Schengen countries or Europe
If it is UK/Ireland and the US it's for sure a transit visa.

Moreover, I can see Frankfurt
In which Lufthansa is the regular guy that fly to Frankfurt and maybe they want to transfer her to Meridiana which are known to fly to Milan then Aircanada to toronto

Lufthansa doesn't fly student anyhow, they will carefully go through some of your student documents before being accepted.

If the girl is in Lufthansa I am pretty sure she doesn't need a Schengen transit visa.

More so, the country she's travelling to also determine if a transit visa is needed or not. Canada and I presume a student visa not even visiting..., she doesn't need a Schengen transit visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jaylap: 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2019
I am not married yet and I am using my parents as sponsor. I want to know if I can reapply as common law or single as my relationship status because I am planning on getting married next year
Qudkom:

Do you in ten to use your husband as a sponsor? If yes that will improve your home ties, financial strength and better convince the VO that you'll return home. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Teophilus96(m): 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
Hello Everyone good evening

pls how do I go about my WES transcript evaluation?? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
Well, what I know is that if you are going through 2 European cities/countries to a final destination, so long you are getting down from that Aircraft in Europe, you need a transit visa or a valid Visa.

He/she can confirm from the airline before paying for the ticket.

Austacus:

There is a difference between layover and stopover especially if you're travelling across the Schengen countries or Europe
If it is UK/Ireland and the US it's for sure a transit visa.

Moreover, I can see Frankfurt
In which Lufthansa is the regular guy that fly to Frankfurt and maybe they want to transfer her to Meridiana which are known to fly to Milan then Aircanada to toronto

Lufthansa doesn't fly student anyhow, they will carefully go through some of your student documents before being accepted.

If the girl is in Lufthansa I am pretty sure she doesn't need a Schengen transit visa.

More so, the country she's travelling to also determine if a transit visa is needed or not. Canada and I presume a student visa not even visiting..., she doesn't need a Schengen transit visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2019
Hello I am little bit worried I submitted my online application since Monday also payment was made that same Monday account was debited on Tuesday I am still yet to be given any further info about biometrics.... Is it normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 1:57am On Sep 01, 2019
holllowu:
Nobody should be discouraged by this, be hopeful!

BVL and refusal came in Today, sad but am ready to push harder, my time is near

BSc degree Estate Management, proposed school of study Algonquin College (Project Management) 8months PG diploma W2020

Reasons for refusal
1. based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
2. based on the purpose of your visit.

1st application

Docs submitted

All cic documents
Sop
Tuition deposit of 9500cad for 1st semester
Personal bank statement of less than 100k
Sponsor's bank statements of 3m + 2m (Mum), aunty (1000usd)
Aunt is a US citizen, she recently used up her funds for something
BSc degree cert - 2014 I graduated with with 3.98 CGPA
Letter of current and past employments
Waec cert
Landed docs of parents
Avidavit of support from mum
Sponsorship letters
Police clearance cert
Transcript
Birth certificate

I call on
@frankrobbn1 @austacus @SOPwriter and anyone that can guide me through my reapplication.

Holllowu, I am sorry for my late response. Although, I believe some gurus here have effectively answered you, however, I think I should add my ittle contribution from my own point of view.

Now, Let's do the math:

N2M+N3M=N5M
Then the CAD equivalent of N5M is approximately 18,400 CAD.

You said your first semester tuition is $9,500: based on CIC, you are expected to have a year tuition +$10,000 (living expenses) all set.

Now, $9,500 (for second semester)+$10,000=$19,500.

$18,400-$19500=-$1100
-$1100+$1000=-$100
Now you see where part of your problem lies?

Also, your aunt's $1000 USD won't fly; they know she won't spend her last grand or mess up her credit card for you, so, forget the fact that she's a US citizen, your Mum as a sponsor will even fly better.

My advice to you, is to look for means to top up your Mum's account, that should be your priority now.

Secondly, no one knows other criterias that was considered based on your application denial until you order for your GCMS note: it could be SOP, choice of degree or financial capability doubt, so, order your GCMS note.

Lastly, I want you to calm down, you really do not need to rush, get things straightened and self-evaluate your application before clicking on that submit button.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 1:58am On Sep 01, 2019
Jaylap:
I am not married yet and I am using my parents as sponsor. I want to know if I can reapply as common law or single as my relationship status because I am planning on getting married next year
Your marriage status depends on when you get .married and if you get married just after submitting your application you can notify CIC via web form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 1:58am On Sep 01, 2019
vinz0499:
Good evening please while writing my letters of sponsorship, which address do I put for the embassy, Nigeria or Kenya
Nigeria consulate always.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by drealsahmy(m): 2:14am On Sep 01, 2019
Please anyone going/attending BRANDON UNIVERSITY here?? Please i need some info about the school (Bsc)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:42am On Sep 01, 2019
Austacus:

Aw far bro
I dey on vacation with my boss, I am not in Ottawa will be back next weekend.
[b]I fit help you arrange the woman wey dey cook for me [/b]make she arrange the food for you.
Just tell me how long you're staying in Ottawa.

The naij embassy is very efficient, they will attend to you real quick.

You get woman wey dey cook for you shocked You people wey dey Toronto and Ottawa, una dey enjoy. Na una dey enjoy this Canada money. Na better block dem dey pay una for that side grin

How long will I stay for? Just few hours.
I will arrive Ottawa on Tuesday morning, do everything I need at the embassy and return to London the same day via greyhound.

I have heard so many good things about the embassy in Ottawa. Few weeks back, I called and I was impressed with how the lady calmly answered all my questions.

There is no way I am leaving Ottawa without branching a naija restaurant to get better Amala wey fit make person sweat.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:58am On Sep 01, 2019
chiwelaw

I did mine last year and I was offered admission within a week but there are many factors.

- If you apply early, you will get your admission fast. 2-3 weeks tops.

- If you apply to a very competitive program like project management, IT related programs, logistics and so forth, you might experience delays.

- When the program you are interested in no longer has available spots, you will be placed on a waitlist. This means you will only get an offer if any of the other applicants offered admission refuses to meet the condition, which is usually payment of 2300 Cad within 30 days.

- If you apply when the International office is very busy, getting admission will be delayed.

For example, next week school resumes. They will be busy with orientation, registration, admission deferrals and cancelations, tuition refunds and so forth.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gunvi: 5:09am On Sep 01, 2019
I seriously need your help house. I submitted my application sometime in April dis year but still showing " application in process" up till now. school will be resuming on the 4th Sept. Wat sud I do?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Flashing: 5:51am On Sep 01, 2019
gunvi:
I seriously need your help house. I submitted my application sometime in April dis year but still showing " application in process" up till now. school will be resuming on the 4th Sept. Wat sud I do?

Please defer your admission. Send them webform telling them your application have passed the processing time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ugolinze123(m): 7:00am On Sep 01, 2019
Okusi:
Good evening,

Got my Study Permit refusal came in on Saturday.

Hope to defer the Admission and try again.

Proposed course; Msc Risk and Safety Engineering at Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Reasons for refusal
1. based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
2. based on the purpose of your visit.

1st application

Docs submitted

All cic documents
Sop
Tuition deposit of 2000cad as requested by School
Personal bank statement of 1.5m
Sponsor's (uncle) bank statements of over 40m
BSc degree cert. I graduated with with 3.63 CGPA
Letter of current and past employments
Waec cert
Avidavit of support from uncle
Sponsorship letters
Police clearance cert
Transcript
Birth certificate

Note - I've been refused twice for USA

I hope y'all can guide me through my reapplication.

Thanks

did you ask for a refund from the school and how did you do it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chiwelaw: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2019
Thank you. This is very detailed. I applied last week for January 2020 business- Accounting coop. Hoping to get admission soon so I can start the study permit thing early. Please I will be be needing your advice. Thank you for your response

Naijaforeigner:
chiwelaw

I did mine last year and I was offered admission within a week but there are many factors.

- If you apply early, you will get your admission fast. 2-3 weeks tops.

- If you apply to a very competitive program like project management, IT related programs, logistics and so forth, you might experience delays.

- When the program you are interested in no longer has available spots, you will be placed on a waitlist. This means you will only get an offer if any of the other applicants offered admission refuses to meet the condition, which is usually payment of 2300 Cad within 30 days.

- If you apply when the International office is very busy, getting admission will be delayed.

For example, next week school resumes. They will be busy with orientation, registration, admission deferrals and cancelations, tuition refunds and so forth.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Reina123: 7:56am On Sep 01, 2019
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Thinker007: 8:22am On Sep 01, 2019
I intend to apply for a masters degree in Canadian university but since am a 2:2 graduate, I have decided to apply for advance diploma (fast track). I chose this option also because I could not get my required course in the list of postgraduate diploma in the colleges I checked. My question is,
is it possible to proceed for a direct masters degree after completion of an advance diploma in Canadian college. [quote author=justwise post=79136298][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2019
Many thanks, I have already ordered the GCMS note, i'ld like to get things right this time around, once again thanks for your contribution.
SOPWriter:

Holllowu, I am sorry for my late response. Although, I believe some gurus here have effectively answered you, however, I think I should add my ittle contribution from my own point of view.

Now, Let's do the math:

N2M+N3M=N5M
Then the CAD equivalent of N5M is approximately 18,400 CAD.

You said your first semester tuition is $9,500: based on CIC, you are expected to have a year tuition +$10,000 (living expenses) all set.

Now, $9,500 (for second semester)+$10,000=$19,500.

$18,400-$19500=-$1100
-$1100+$1000=-$100
Now you see where part of your problem lies?

Also, your aunt's $1000 USD won't fly; they know she won't spend her last grand or mess up her credit card for you, so, forget the fact that she's a US citizen, your Mum as a sponsor will even fly better.

My advice to you, is to look for means to top up your Mum's account, that should be your priority now.

Secondly, no one knows other criterias that was considered based on your application denial until you order for your GCMS note: it could be SOP, choice of degree or financial capability doubt, so, order your GCMS note.

Lastly, I want you to calm down, you really do not need to rush, get things straightened and self-evaluate your application before clicking on that submit button.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 01, 2019
holllowu:
Many thanks, I have already ordered the GCMS note, i'ld like to get things right this time around, once again thanks for your contribution.

Hi still don't get it, must the yearly cost of living be $10,000 cad, does this include rent and other costs of living?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sunkanmi562(m): 9:55am On Sep 01, 2019
chiwelaw:
Thank you. This is very detailed. I applied last week for January 2020 business- Accounting coop. Hoping to get admission soon so I can start the study permit thing early. Please I will be be needing your advice. Thank you for your response

pls which school did you apply yo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jola17: 9:58am On Sep 01, 2019
Please is it possible for vfs center to misplace someone's passport in case one isn't chanced to collect it early enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2019
Happy New Month Nairalanders. I see many applicants on this thread getting medical requests and PPR!!!!!!!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:28am On Sep 01, 2019
vinz0499:

The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos State,
Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Madam,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:40am On Sep 01, 2019
Austacus:

My buddy, apparently I am not saying we shouldn't include SOP in our application.
Just that Many folks here believe SOP is the ultimate success for a visa to be approved. People are putting more energy in SOP than submitting a good application. and they end up getting the same result even after writing the almighty SOP.
All the necessary requirements for Nigeria applicant are in this forum.

SOP or LOE is paramount important for a study visa NO DOUBT.

The bolded is very much on point. More blessings and success in your endeavours.

Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:42am On Sep 01, 2019
Jola17:
Please is it possible for vfs center to misplace someone's passport in case one isn't chanced to collect it early enough?

In the case that you're unable to pick up your passport at the VFS within the specific period of time given to you (1-2 weeks). Your passport will be transferred to the immigration of Nigeria. You know what that means? You will incur huge charges before you can get your passport back. That's why it's advisable to pick up your processed passport in time whenever you receive a correspondence mail from VAC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2019
vinz0499:

It doesn't really matter which, but most Nigeria applicants settles for that of Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oniwoski: 10:53am On Sep 01, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Pls i intend paying visa fee for me and my kid....i will be submitting via paper route..

on their website i saw Visa and Quantity column...do i input 2 in the quantity column and also for biometrics do i input 2...or are we both to pay 170dollars for the biometrics. my dsughter is 5yrs old..Niaja Citizen

Secondly does my US citizen child need to do the Medicals? or where does he come in on the whole process...
I intend applying for 3 of us..my hubby isnt going with
us..

Thanks alot...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:53am On Sep 01, 2019
Jaylap:

If your marital status hasn't changed and/or won't change before your re-application, stick to your previously presented information.

Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.