Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029338 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2019
Blema111:

3-5 working days if they don’t like your picture but if they like it, it can enter 2/3weeks- 10-15 working days.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omonoba1981(f): 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2019
Instead of doing a mail today. I did like two webform, one to Lagos and the second to Nairobi.

I also had to upload the course time table. I hope they already started or about to send the passport back. else cant see how the flight thing will work for Friday.

Blema111:

So sorry about that...they are really unpredictable beings. Just keep sending mails and web forms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2019
No, you don't.

Anita171:
Thanks but if it’s just one stop, through Amsterdam to canada do I need a transit visa?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
Thanks
JustMellow:

Yes, you can. However, from April 2019 till date, you can fill in internship/voluntary service with dates.

N.B: be best advised that you have to work on your finance or available funds which will sufficiently cover your studies and that of your sponsor too, if not, you might get the "current employment situation" and/or financial status and personal asset"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2019
thank you bro
Naijaforeigner:

Hello bro, I got your mention. I will respond tonight.

Nothing to be worried about, 28th of December is still 3 months away. Also, do not pay to anyone until you are in Canada. Make sure you physically see and inspect the house. Also check for reviews about the house or the street. Some houses have a history of bedbugs and roaches.

The landlords can do nothing for you now even if they respond because you will not be around till December.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Daniel4canada: 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2019
Please guru should help me out. I need an urgent answer.
If i have a good proof of sponsorship with enough money in his statement of his account.l,do i still have,any need to include my own statement of account for my study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2019
Guys please I have a question for people that have travelled with kids that have visitor's visa and the Dad currently on study permit and mom flying in with them on work permit abeg must they book return ticket??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omonoba1981(f): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2019
I think I will give it to webform.

I sent like 5 different emails for the past 3 days. And didn't get response.

While couple of hours I did a webform ,a dn now got a response

Naijaforeigner:

grin grin grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Esteemventures1: 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
@frankrobbin1, AMEN in Jesus Name. It shall end in praise and I claim it.
Thanks a lot ooo,I really appreciate your response.
Pls can you link me up and connect me to those trustworthy/experience guru you know personally that can help me ontime in reviewing and making other necessary corrections in my reapplication SOP.I will really appreciate itif you can go extra mile to do this for me. Thanks a lot.you really made my day honestly.God bless you.Awaiting your usual supporting response. (Pm or chart )me on adegoketemitope17@yahoo.com.( For the link up.)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 2:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
Please advise need thanks

Zzzz1234:
Hello, good morning

Please how is the calculations for “rooms and boards” , “ other” , “funds available for my stay” and “ funds available for my stay” on the imm1294e form done ?

My program is one year( 8months) and it’s CAD 16,023.30

the school stated that I should budget between CAD 1000 to CAD 1200 per month to cover living expenses including accommodation, food, entertainment

For tuition: I put the CAD16,023 cos I couldn’t add the decimal part

For rooms and boards: I pick CAD 1200 and multipled by 12months
or should I multiply by 8months)

Other: I don’t know what to put there

Funds available for my stay : I put the money my sponsor sent to my account + the funds in my dollar account
( should i subtract tuition deposit I paid to the School? )

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tavict: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hi everyone, please kindly help me out ... Just got an admission to Cape Breton University in Canada for my post graduate course but have been denied thrice at the US Embassy; the first and the second denial was an invite while the third one was for study visa, the last denial was July so what are those things needed to be done because I want to be sure if they share data with each other .. Please, kindly help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2019
They do. They share the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2019
USA and Canada are like 5 and 6, so be rest assured Canada already know of ur 3 US refusals... So dnt try to play smart by not disclosing ur US refusals when applying for a Canadian study permit Make sure u mention u have been refused 3 times by the US embassy, if not be ready for 5 or more years ban from Canada... Peace
Tavict:
Hi everyone, please kindly help me out ... Just got an admission to Cape Breton University in Canada for my post graduate course but have been denied thrice at the US Embassy; the first and the second denial was an invite while the third one was for study visa, the last denial was July so what are those things needed to be done because I want to be sure if they share data with each other .. Please, kindly help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You've been denied MSc Admission isn't a good reason to opt for a low college admission. Your chances of securing a VISA to Canada with such reason/college acceptance letter is slim but not impossible. With the high rate of scrutiny/refusals for study permit Applications coming from Nigeria, my best advice is that you should keep on searching until you're able to secure a master's program, even if it's a course-based oriented program. With regards to your question, police character certificate can be done in any part of Nigeria, including Abuja. Though the police headquarters in Abuja will have to forward your details to CID police headquarters at Alagbon, Lagos for due processing, which will then be sent back to them and might incur charges let's say 15-20k as it's not done within Abuja.

I'll just have to goto lagos for it.. I have applied for Masters for more than 7 times now. The college I got now is Conestoga for Post graduate certificate. I also have one application left to wait for, it's for May start. Is it better to wait for the outcome?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2019
please how long can someone wait after getting passport to get the introduction letter? i have sent countless webforms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
even with my 4.02 it was hard for me to get masters in Geology. i wonder the juju people use. even Meng geological engineering in ubc didnt reach me
hotboss:

I'll just have to goto lagos for it.. I have applied for Masters for more than 7 times now. The college I got now is Conestoga for Post graduate certificate. I also have one application left to wait for, it's for May start. Is it better to wait for the outcome?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyukuwife: 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2019
anybody going to Canadian Mennonite university winter 2020 admission. Also is it too late to apply for study visa 1st week in October for a winter 2020 admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2019
deveid:
I have done the medicals requested by the embassy. But the admission letter I submitted was for fall 2019 but now the embassy said is asking for a new admission letter dated at least January 2020 upwards. The school has given me an updated admission for September 2020 but I am looking to apply to another program ('Msc computer science )which will resume January 2020.

1. If I get another school which will resume January will the embassy accept the new admission letter from a different school?

2. Does anyone know any MSC computer science program still open for application to resume January 2020

Why try to stress yourself. You can submit the new updated admission letter for September 2020 and during the wait for a decision from the embassy, you can apply to other schools for possible January 2020 intake.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2019
oyukuwife:
anybody going to Canadian Mennonite university winter 2020 admission. Also is it too late to apply for study visa 1st week in October for a winter 2020 admission
Absolutely not
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
Stolidp:
PLEASE ANSWER ME

Can someone get visa for masters in Business Administration but graduated with B.A communication studies and is an INTERN currently

However, its not impossible but the better chances goes with pursuing a course that is related to your previous studies or work experience. If you intend to switch course, be prepared to convince the VO on why such move, followwd with a well packaged application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyukuwife: 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2019
Pls which of the questions did you answer
Qudkom:

Absolutely not
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
oyukuwife:

Depends on your resumption date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
Daniel4canada:
Please guru should help me out. I need an urgent answer.
If i have a good proof of sponsorship with enough money in his statement of his account.l,do i still have,any need to include my own statement of account for my study visa?

Yes, you do especially if you are a matured applicant and using a third party sponsorship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
Nellykuch:
Guys please I have a question for people that have travelled with kids that have visitor's visa and the Dad currently on study permit and mom flying in with them on work permit abeg must they book return ticket??

NO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2019
oyukuwife:

1st week isn't late.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
Zzzz1234:
Hello, good morning

Please how is the calculations for “rooms and boards” , “ other” , “funds available for my stay” and “ funds available for my stay” on the imm1294e form done ?

My program is one year( 8months) and it’s CAD 16,023.30

the school stated that I should budget between CAD 1000 to CAD 1200 per month to cover living expenses including accommodation, food, entertainment

For tuition: I put the CAD16,023 cos I couldn’t add the decimal part

For rooms and boards: I pick CAD 1200 and multipled by 12months
or should I multiply by 8months)

Other: I don’t know what to put there

Funds available for my stay : I put the money my sponsor sent to my account + the funds in my dollar account
( should i subtract tuition deposit I paid to the School? )

Tuition fees - $16,023
Room and Board - $10,000
Other - $3,000
Available funds - $29, 023

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
Vesment:
even with my 4.02 it was hard for me to get masters in Geology. i wonder the juju people use. even Meng geological engineering in ubc didnt reach me

Juju no hold you some programs are very competitive with limited seats and no be only you they apply students from over the world they apply too so is a tough race bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JJC111: 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2019
Goodday everyone, is there any August applicant yet to get a response from CIC? I applied since Aug 2nd. I'm a bit curious, I want to know if its a general issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oniwoski: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2019
Goodday everyone...kindly help on how i can pay my school fees....tried form A but was told they dont do form A for diploma program...pls do i have to change to dollars or what..kindly assist me....its very urgent pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2019
Which school are you paying to?

oniwoski:
Goodday everyone...kindly help on how i can pay my school fees....tried form A but was told they dont do form A for diploma program...pls do i have to change to dollars or what..kindly assist me....its very urgent pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2019
What school is that, is it an Ontario college?
oniwoski:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2019
Thanks bro
JustMellow:

NO

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.