Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025227 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 1stdami(m): 11:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
yes they were talking about my family ties.

I don't know if you can give advice on how to show I have family ties. I am actually genuinely interested in coming back to better my country with anything I learn over there.

waynee2baba:

I don't think they count African countries as good travel history but travel history isn't even a major reason for refusal... people with virgin passports still get approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Damolaay(m): 2:08am On Sep 29, 2019
Jeanjohnny:
Please I need an urgent advice. I applied on 18th of September. I received another mail on the 19th to check my account for a new message... After logging in to check my application status... I saw confirmation of submission as the heading, I then went on to download the PDF. My thoughts were it's just a confirmation correspondence. When applying I uploaded all documents accordingly including the data page of my passport. I'm kinda confused because I haven't gotten a Biometrics instruction letter up till this moment. I don't know what's going on.
Pls, see image below.

Any news about your biometric instruction letter? I did not receive any mail till now ooooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ARCHITECTs(m): 3:07am On Sep 29, 2019
Hi, I don't know the source of this your information. Absolutely, there has been recent high rate of refusal to study permit applications in Africa especially Nigerian even my brother & family friend were both denied 2 weeks ago. Majority of the asylum seekers are Nigerians with US visit visa B1/B2 using US to come to Canada boarder seeking for asylum and NOT study permit holders. With study permit, u are practically almost a resident, it's just a matter of time to transit into PR status. BTW, I live in Canada��, I have credible info to this assertion.
Click on link below�

https://thepienews.com/news/canada-immigration-african-students/

Phatkings:
A friend of mine just told the that they have discovered most Nigeria student use student visa as an avenue to seek asylum in their country that's the high refusal rate for Nigerians be it college or university that it only takes the grace of God to scale through.... Nawa

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 6:48am On Sep 29, 2019
ARCHITECTs:
Hi, I don't know the source of this your information. Absolutely, there has been recent high rate of refusal to study permit applications in Africa especially Nigerian even my brother & family friend were both denied 2 weeks ago. Majority of the asylum seekers are Nigerians with US visit visa B1/B2 using US to come to Canada boarder seeking for asylum and NOT study permit holders. With study permit, u are practically almost a resident, it's just a matter of time to transit into PR status. BTW, I live in Canada��, I have credible info to this assertion.
Click on link below�

Thanks for sharing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumam: 7:43am On Sep 29, 2019
@sogalex and @makano
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:27am On Sep 29, 2019
See how other countries are giving approvals to students and Canada just dey frustrate people. I have 4 friends that got study visa to Ireland recently. Hmmmmm I am thinking something ooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 10:03am On Sep 29, 2019
legionnaire:
ABUJA

Name: Bolanle Olusola Ariyo
Address: Abuja Clinics,
22 Amazon Street,
Maitama,
E-mail:appointment@abujaclinics.com
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436/7042842
Spoken Languages: English

Name: Kehinde Victor Soyemi
22 Amazon Street,
Maitama,
E-mail:appointment@abujaclinics.com

Name: Osaro Enogie Ejenobo
22 Amazon Street,
Maitama,
appointment@abujaclinics.com

LAGOS

Name: Alexandra Anga
Address: The Childrens Practice and the Consultants Practice,
25 Raymond Njoku Street,
Ikoyi,
e-mail: consultantspractice@yahoo.com
Telephone: (234) 146 119 41, +234-7065859845
+234-8093540899
Spoken Languages: English, French

Name: Funmilayo Alakija
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
e-mail: qlifecare@hotmail.com and info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre
Address: 5D Reverend Ogunbiyi Street,
Ikeja,
Telephone: + 234 (807) 2191112

PORT-HARCOURT

Name: Gabriel Ogbu Ominyi
Address: Prime Medical Consultants,
Eliada Estate (Also known as Cocaine Village),
Near 1st Artillery Junction,
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
Telephone: (234) 0809 084 0688

Thanks for sharing this.. I never knew they have one in Port Harcourt. Thought it was only Lagos and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DiamondFM: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2019
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1013
00621 - Nairobi
Kenya

Is like the Nairobi VOs program their system on auto refusal for these three reasons most especially. Applied 29th August refusal dropped on the 26th of September

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2019
DiamondFM:

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
Sincerely,
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1013
00621 - Nairobi
Kenya

Is like the Nairobi VOs program their system on auto refusal for these three reasons most especially. Applied 29th August refusal dropped on the 26th of September

Sorry on your refusal...

Kindly share your profile , so Gurus can help on your reapplication
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yansky(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2019
hello house,

i don’t know if anyone knows much about the toronto school of management?! i want to apply for the acca program there?! but i feel they might not grant a visa for such program. it’s a program i can apply a visa for but it doesn’t just seem strong enough reason with this new waves of denial. kindly advice if you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francology41: 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
I would have preferred Canada to contract this Nigeria visa processing to a European country. I Just believe other African countries hate Nigerians more.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
Pls there is any August/Sept applicant who got approved
Kindly let us know cos it's so scary seeing only refusals undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omotosweet: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
Francology41:
I would have preferred Canada to contract this Nigeria visa processing to a European country. I Just believe other African countries hate Nigerians more.

All visa applications are handled by Canadians irrespective of where the consulate office is located. So please note that it's not Kenyans/Africans responding.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 1stdami(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Yes o. Please signify if you got approved August or September applicant

DBlessedofGod:
Pls there is any August/Sept applicant who got approved
Kindly let us know cos it's so scary seeing only refusals undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jeanjohnny(m): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
Damolaay:

Any news about your biometric instruction letter? I did not receive any mail till now ooooo.
Still haven't heard anything from them. I sent a message through webform to Lagos Visa office on Friday. I'll wait a bit before messaging the Nairobi Office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francology41: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Alright
Omotosweet:

All visa applications are handled by Canadians irrespective of where the consulate office is located. So please note that it's not Kenyans/Africans responding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Freshprince777: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
See how other countries are giving approvals to students and Canada just dey frustrate people. I have 4 friends that got study visa to Ireland recently. Hmmmmm I am thinking something ooooo

Ireland is good, as long as u pay the 6keuros u will get the visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2019
Algonquin college offered me addmission for spring 2020 into Environmental management and Assessment after uni Saskatchewan denied me pgd addmission into applied microbiology, with all dis refusal dropping in dis month..local girl is just scared oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
yansky:
hello house,

i don’t know if anyone knows much about the toronto school of management?! i want to apply for the acca program there?! but i feel they might not grant a visa for such program. it’s a program i can apply a visa for but it doesn’t just seem strong enough reason with this new waves of denial. kindly advice if you can.

If you start feeling something negative about the application, will advise you search for another school. Remember, we bring to life anything we think about. So please guard your heart and always be positive no matter what.

I applied too to TSoM and got admission.. Waiting for my medical request mail.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yansky(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
KrystalDesign:

If you start feeling something negative about the application, will advise you search for another school. Remember, we bring to life anything we think about. So please guard your heart and always be positive no matter what.

I applied too to TSoM and got admission.. Waiting for my medical request mail.

can i send you a pm? please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nothing to worry about, those peeps applied through the online route while u applied through the paper route.. Online applicants do not do Biometrics immediately, while paper applicants do theirs immediately... Peace
Alkidam:
Hello house, i submitted my application yesterday at the visa office at manor hall in lekki. While i did my biometric yesterday as well. My question is i have been seeing different people on this thread saying they got a biometric request after 3 days or one week. Please house is it that i will do another biometric or. Kindly put me through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mr Man, be expecting Medical request... Congrats in advance.. Peace
Jaylap:
Please help! I just signed in back after i applied 2 weeks ago and I got this on my app. I was just curious about the reviewing of medical results because I never make attempt to do medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
Did ur Eligibility review start before the refusal? Did u do upfront medicals and was it passed ? Answer this 2 questions so we know in a way how dis Nairobi Demons operate... Meanwhile order for ur GCMS note and re-fire.. Peace
DiamondFM:

residence.
Sincerely,
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1013
00621 - Nairobi
Kenya

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
I want to believe the VOs in the Nairobi embassy ain't Kenya's though.. They are actually Canadians. So this ur post doesnt relate... Nairobi embassy is in charge of 90% Study permit be it online or paper for most African countries... And I think Lagos handles few... Peace
Francology41:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DiamondFM: 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
Did ur Eligibility review start before the refusal? Did u do upfront medicals and was it passed ? Answer this 2 questions so we know in a way how dis Nairobi Demons operate... Meanwhile order for ur GCMS note and re-fire.. Peace

Eligibility review did not start and I didn't do upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DiamondFM: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
[color=#550000][/color]
makano:

no review no upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gregor1: 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
If you work in a bank that doesn't give the study permit, how will the applicant go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alkidam(m): 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Hello house,i received a tracking number of my paper application on the 27th. How do i track my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2019
You Didn't pass the Background check then, order for ur GCMS note and re-fire.. Peace
DiamondFM:
[color=#550000][/color]

no review no upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Drpak: 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
You’re right, but this information is not entirely true. I can tell you that more than 40% of Nigerians with study permit end up seeking asylum. With study permit, it is easy to become a resident, but some Nigerians prefer to drop out of school and seek asylum for reasons best known to them, be it financial or because they knew someone that did the same and was granted resident status. I have met quite a few.

ARCHITECTs:
Click on link below�

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
@gr8full2God

@Jeanjohnny

I submitted an application on the 18th of September too. Got my biometrics request on the 20th, gave it on the 26th.

Admitted to the University of British Columbia for Jan,2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jaylap: 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ok. Thank you

makano:
Mr Man, be expecting Medical request... Congrats in advance.. Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.