Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018576 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2019
Aisha77:
thanks for being honest and leave the positive part. It couldn't have been a mistake to forget medical update. Smh for this people sha. I had everything I could think of.
there wasn’t any mistake to update it Since they didn’t send your request for medical exam...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
Tlontin:

Be hopeful... with the new thread of biometric correspondence letter, a decision might have already been made.
I'm almost very sure. My application was just three week and 4 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
Tlontin:

there wasn’t any mistake to update it Since they didn’t send your request for medical exam...
True
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tajmal: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Stay strong �
If I were you, I'd order for GCMS note already so as to prepare for reapplication. But what do I know as I'm not a guru here
Aisha77:
thanks for being honest and leave the positive part. It couldn't have been a mistake to forget medical update. Smh for this people sha. I had everything I could think of.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
fizgurl:

Thank you. Please how can i get a number to call
Try to google search
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2019
tajmal:
Stay strong �
If I were you, I'd order for GCMS note already so as to prepare for reapplication. But what do I know as I'm not a guru here
if I am gonna reapply I won't order for any gcms as I don't even have that time. But lets wait for the reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
Oluwatosin2000:
Good afternoon everyone
I’m just considering Canada as a place to study but I’m hearing few things,one of them is...I heard I would pay my full tuition before leaving Nigeria,how true is this??
Though you guys might have mentioned this earlier in the thread but the conversation is too much,I can’t view all
Please I need an answer to this ���

Tuition payment depends on the choice of institution. However regardless of tuition your available fund should cover the overall payment of your tuition for a year and living expenses. Before making payments always check the refund policy of the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
Aisha77:
Hello, been a silent reader and just had a concern to comment.

I applied for study visa with upfront medicals on the 20th of may and just got biometrics correspondence mail. Medicals is not updated.

What does this mean..
While you are at it, you'd probably have to order your gcms note when you get the final notification. You can also provide details of what you submitted hopefully members here can help you identify the loopholes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pkay28(f): 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
wynie:
Hi everyone good evening, I’ve been following this thread for quite a while now and only decided to post now because I’m in a dilemma.
So I got admitted to U OF M for a masters in human rights, I’m an International Relations graduate by the way, attached to this admission I got $10,000 scholarship and I’m about to submit my visa application since I’m suppose to resume this September, just found out yesterday. I’m confused on what method of application to do, whether online or paper cos I feel like the online application might take time. I’ve worked on all the things I need
SOP
POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
BANK STATEMENT (getting it on Tuesday)
EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
MY MOMS LANDED DOCUMENTS (she’s also my sponsor)
BIRTH CERTIFICATE SHOWING I AND MY MOMS RELATIONSHIP BECAUSE SHE CHANGED HER NAME AFTER MY DAD DIED
I really need y’alls advice on which way to go because if I miss this opportunity (hopefully not) I would be hurt beyond words
Can’t defer cos the program is a September intake only and scholarship is only valid for fall 2019 so I have to leave in September and I also forgot to mention it’s a new program and department we are the first ones.
Thank you

Paper route

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
holllowu:
Hello guys,
Does getting an accommodation improves your chances of getting a visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
I dont believe any route is fastest...we have seen online route delay for more than 6 months and we have seen paper route been approved in one month or 2.we have also seen online route been approved in 3 weeks and paper route delayed too.What I would advice is write a very convincing SOP,get all your document prepared accurately, dnt over do anything and PRAY...all the best
wynie:
Hi everyone good evening, I’ve been following this thread for quite a while now and only decided to post now because I’m in a dilemma.
So I got admitted to U OF M for a masters in human rights, I’m an International Relations graduate by the way, attached to this admission I got $10,000 scholarship and I’m about to submit my visa application since I’m suppose to resume this September, just found out yesterday. I’m confused on what method of application to do, whether online or paper cos I feel like the online application might take time. I’ve worked on all the things I need
SOP
EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
BIRTH CERTIFICATE SHOWING I AND MY MOMS RELATIONSHIP BECAUSE SHE CHANGED HER NAME AFTER MY DAD DIED
I really need y’alls advice on which way to go because if I miss this opportunity (hopefully not) I would be hurt beyond words
Can’t defer cos the program is a September intake only and scholarship is only valid for fall 2019 so I have to leave in September and I also forgot to mention it’s a new program and department we are the first ones.
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
I also hope that the bank statement is from ur sponsor and not your own alone...endeavour to add your sponsors bank statement
wynie:
SOP
EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
author=holllowu post=79421709
Is there a refund policy if you pay for accommodation? It makes no difference but you can try if there’s a refund policy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hey, good evening everyone; I've been following this thread for a while and it's really been helpful;

I have some few questions with regards to landed property;

I recently bought a land to serve as my home ties and also have another land I'm building a table water factory both in Owerri; but my challenge is none of these lands have any C of O;

The only document I have for both lands is just Power of Attorney and unregistered survey plan;

So my question is, can I present the power of attorney and survey plan as home ties?

I really need your contributions,

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wynie(f): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thank u very much I don’t know if it’s what you said or how you said it but you gave me some sort of comfort
Oluwaseunbd:
I dont believe any route is fastest...we have seen online route delay for more than 6 months and we have seen paper route been approved in one month or 2.we have also seen online route been approved in 3 weeks and paper route delayed too.What I would advice is write a very convincing SOP,get all your document prepared accurately, dnt over do anything and PRAY...all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
Alright thanks alot..

Tlontin:

Is there a refund policy if you pay for accommodation? It makes no difference but you can try if there’s a refund policy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Purplestorm: 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hi guys please how true is it that with a 2.5 gpa, you can't be admitted for a graduate diploma course in canada?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by papijulah: 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello house. My friend submitted his application early last month.

Hes been waiting for medical call but this evening he got a mail which says Re: validity of your biometric.

Has anyone had such experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hiambenson: 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
Good evening, guys.

Pls, I'm about to reapply for my study visa and I would like to know if it's better to combine both SOP and LOE as LOE by beginning the LOE with an explanation on the tackled reason for denial and finish same letter up with SOP or is it wiser to write them individually?? I'm thinking of doing the former...

I've read about people who wrote theirs separately and some did a combination of both SOP and LOE as LOE. I would like to know the best way to go about this.

Cc Qukdom, Franrobben1, Mudicua, Austacus, Bracha, 042viber/Optimusprime and all knowledgeable and selfless persons in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
I am not the right person to give this advise but here's my opinion, if you want to combine them, start it as an SOP:

Introduce yourself: name, educational background, and intended course of study.
How you took an interest in the course and why you chose that school for that course.
Then tackle reason for refusal, you can start with 'I have previously applied for this visa but was refused based on...... Here is how I have addressed/tackled these reasons for refusal......
Finish by stating why you'll come back to Nigeria, and what you intend to do with the course here. These reasons for coming back have to be compelling and convincing enough.

Good luck.

hiambenson:
Good evening, guys.

Pls, I'm about to reapply for my study visa and I would like to know if it's better to combine both SOP and LOE as LOE by beginning the LOE with an explanation on the tackled reason for denial and finish same letter up with SOP or is it wiser to write them individually?? I'm thinking of doing the former...

I've read about people who wrote theirs separately and some did a combination of both SOP and LOE as LOE. I would like to know the best way to go about this.

Cc Qukdom, Mudicua, Austacus, Bracha, 042viber/Optimusprime and all knowledgeable and selfless persons in the house.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Alliswellmog:

Thank you boss. I’ll get the affidavit of support and the sponsorship letter. But I didn’t do a survey of the land, it’s because it is a farm land.

Include the supporting documents of the land with your application, the purchase receipts and deed of assignments/agreement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hiambenson: 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thanks Bracha. More suggestions from other knowledgeable gents and ladies would be highly appreciated.

Bracha:
I am not the right person to give this advise but here's my opinion, if you want to combine them, start it as an SOP:

Introduce yourself: name, educational background, and intended course of study.
How you took an interest in the course and why you chose that school for that course.
Then tackle reason for refusal, you can start with 'I have previously applied for this visa but was refused based on...... Here is how I have addressed/tackled these reasons for refusal......
Finish by stating why you'll come back to Nigeria, and what you intend to do with the course here. These reasons for coming back have to be compelling and convincing enough.

Good luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
hiambenson:
Thanks Bracha. More suggestions from other knowledgeable gents and ladies would be highly appreciated.

Writing an LOE & SOP differently depends on individual preferences. I always advise prospective applicants who were refused of their visas, that if you don't have adequate/fresh points to present in an LOE without avoiding repetitive statements in the SOP, it's advisable to stick to one letter i.e SOP and explain the reasons for your previous refusal followed by the intent of going to Canada (why the program, why Canada not Nigeria, future goals and prospects etc...). With that being said, so long as your letter is very persuasive, concise and straight forward you stand a chance of getting an approval.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abike12(f): 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
abike12:
Hello everyone, please I need your help. I would like to find out about OSSD, Braemar College to be precise. I feel like it has some advantages for the student since she's a bit young and it will give her a chance to get accustomed to life abroad before going to University but I'm wondering if they grant study permit for OSSD? I searched on here and all I saw were ads. Full disclaimer they also have fast admission because we are hoping she can start in September (I know we're running late). I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Guys please help with any advice. Our best laid plans were frustrated by US embassy today and we're scrambling to get her started this year. I appreciate any input. cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Senatorkolade: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
papijulah:
Hello house. My friend submitted his application early last month.

Hes been waiting for medical call but this evening he got a mail which says Re: validity of your biometric.

Has anyone had such experience?
Refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
Senatorkolade:

Refusal

This your refusal loud o lipsrsealed, Though, your assertions were correct. The applicant should prepare for a reapplication as soon as he/she receives the final correspondence/decision letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adelola94: 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
hello
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
Mudicua:
Nnem, 400k ti poju oooo.
I have checked skyscanner and all. Egypt air is the cheapest so far. Maroc is a no no for me.
Turkish air is pretty cool and I was actually looking at Turkish air, but the timing... I actually saw sometime in August for 312k to YYZ.
Just the timing....

Try check by dates . For example ... 10th of Aug is very cheap on Egypt Air. I think 16 and 17 is also cheap for Ethiopian air .
Wow, I'm surprised Turkish is that cheap .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
Kishkosh:

Try check by dates . For example ... 10th of Aug is very cheap on Egypt Air. I think 16 and 17 is also cheap for Ethiopian air .
Wow, I'm surprised Turkish is that cheap .
I check and turkey airline isn’t that cheap at all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
holllowu:
Hello guys,
Does getting an accommodation improves your chances of getting a visa?

No, getting an accommodation will not improve your chances of getting a visa but submitting the right documents and writing a very good and convincing statement of purpose can improve your chances of getting a study visa.

LET THIS GUIDE YOU ON DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.