Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1032588 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
lukzy500:
For police character i did mine for 5,000 on Tuesday. I dnt think u can get for 3k

For the fact that you got the police character certificate at the rate of 5k, doesn't mean that one can't get it below that price. The OP should contact the woman/officer's number that I pasted, she does it for 3k.

Also you all should be properly informed that police clearance certificate (PCC) is NOT a compulsory requirement for a Temporary Resident Visa applications if you haven't travelled out of your home country. Including one doesn't make any difference/impact in your application. Unless you've travelled and stayed over 6 months in a foreign country, then it's important to include it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
Conestoga College - Fall (September) 2020 Admission is OPEN

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/programs

If you have any questions send pm

If you're interested in Conestoga College contact me for your referral code.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
First time ever processing time has dropped this low. Seems everyone has ported away from Canada.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
ralfudoh:
First time ever processing time has dropped this low. Seems everyone has ported away from Canada.

You can say that again and again.... First time EVER!!!!. This season (starting from September-December) haven't been a good one for Nigerian applicants.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
Graceee:
how does one get consent form.
been searching all over VFS website for consent form in order to schedule an appointment for biometrics but could not find one.
Please help with how to get a consent form for biometrics

Hello. This was the link I used to schedule mine. Hope it helps

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/Account/RegisteredLogin?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==

I hope they don't ban me for posting this link

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
Graceee:

Please I have been trying to schedula an appointment for biometrics through emails since last week and nothing has showed up
please how do I book appointment for biometric at vfs lagos??

Use this link, as this was what I used

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/Account/RegisteredLogin?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
Thanks to everyone who has helped. I'm sorry for asking too many questions. I'm also sorry cause this one is not going to be the last lol lipsrsealed

I have a maternal uncle who is a Canadian citizen and lives in Canada. Is it advisable to acknowledge in my application that i have a relation in Canada?

My home ties here are not to strong. I'm thinking if i acknowledge it then it outweighs my home ties which is not good.

Gurus in the house epp oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You can say that again and again.... First time EVER!!!!. This season (starting from September-December) [/b]is not a good one for Nigerian applicants[b].
[b][/b]

Pls sir can you throw more light on the bolded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
[b][/b]
Pls sir can you throw more light on the bolded.
Very high rate of rejection this period. Like never seen before on this thread

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Simplicitymac: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hello great people.

I am not an active member on nairaland, over the weekend I decided re-open nairaland and read up updates on student visa, i got to know about bvl and the refusal trend

I applied on the 26th September and just yesterday i got the bvl mail and i started praying for a positive followup, only for me to get the refusal letter now. I am so heart broken. I think i should just forget this Canada thingy, I will just lock up myself and cry, i am so so sad.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hi everyone, been away from here for sometime now. The thread was depressing me...lol... with refusals upandan. I'm hoping things may have changed by now.

Well done to all the gurus who have been holding the fort

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
Got this rejection in October but I'm not so eager to re apply this year.
Ordered the note and it just arrived. I'd really appreciate suggestions on the best way(s) to tackle the reasons for refusal.

Thanks

Employment is in sales for over 3years, just submitted employment letter and letter of introduction. Company main office is in Abuja but I work from Lagos .

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ggetter50: 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Ggetter50,

Check out:

1. University of Manitoba
2. University of Saskatchewan
3. Memorial University
4. Mcgill University
5. University of Waterloo
6. Also check Google

All the best.
Thanks brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 12:26am On Nov 29, 2019
Kjoy:
Got this rejection in October but I'm not so eager to re apply this year.
Ordered the note and it just arrived. I'd really appreciate suggestions on the best way(s) to tackle the reasons for refusal.

Thanks

Employment is in sales for over 3years, just submitted employment letter and letter of introduction. Company main office is in Abuja but I work from Lagos .

How long did it take to get urs mine is taking forever
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by WhiteAustralian(m): 12:34am On Nov 29, 2019
Canada is full of Chinese now. Soon it shall be China 2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2019
slimmsyyetty:

Thank you @JustMellow

From ur explanation, two years post graduate diploma is better but we are just looking at the possibility that a 2year diploma course will require a higher POF, compared to a year certificate program. For instance, POF of 6m maybe fair enough to d VIO for a year program, compared to using that same fund for a 2 year diploma course.

But if fortunately, she was given a year visa for her 1 year certificate course, can she quickly apply for another course within that 4month that is left after completing d certificate course she came for?

Thank you

The same money you will show for 1 year PGC is more than enough to show for 2 years PGD visa once the SOA has good cash flow.

Yes you can get a second program in the same college or another college within the months left on your visa but the best option is to always apply early even before the current program ends. Infact, for competitive programs, your school will most likely tell you to apply months in advance, don’t leave it till when you are done with your program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 29, 2019
Phatkings:

Applied on the 3rd of this month and got it last night.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2019
So sorry to hear about this; it can be really disheartening. I can advise you to explore other options (Canada express entry, Australia, or even UK; depending on your field of study/work). Cheer up, great news awaits you.
Simplicitymac:
Hello great people.

I am not an active member on nairaland, over the weekend I decided re-open nairaland and read up updates on student visa, i got to know about bvl and the refusal trend

I applied on the 26th September and just yesterday i got the bvl mail and i started praying for a positive followup, only for me to get the refusal letter now. I am so heart broken. I think i should just forget this Canada thingy, I will just lock up myself and cry, i am so so sad.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2019
@Slimmsyyetty

Also, if you can get visa for 1 year PGC from Nigeria in a program of your choice, there is really no need going for a second program. You can get a NOC job once you are done with your one year PGC which qualifies you for PR.

Once you are done with your one year program, you wait for your program completion letter (usually 2 weeks after program end date) and then apply for PGWP. Once you have applied for PGWP you are allowed to work full time (not before applying for PGWP). PGWP takes about 3-4 months before you get it.

About one month to the end of your program, you start applying for jobs in your industry. Apply to jobs in your city, province, outside your city and outside your province. I can assure you, you will get a job before your PGWP comes out (infact, within 2 months of graduating from your program tops). This saves you paying $14,000-16,000 for another PGC.

One Indian girl finished her PGC program in London, Ontario August, she got a job in September in Winnipeg. She had to move from London to Winnipeg. She spent 1 month on the job, she got bored and kept applying for jobs and got another job in Ottawa paying her $23/hr.

According to her, she sent out over 50 applications, went for 7 interviews and got 3 job offers from August till date.The money is small, applying for over 50 jobs can be stressful but if you ask me, the stress is worth it if it saves you paying another college money.

Infact, all the guys and girls I roll with (about 7 of them), that we graduated together in August have all gotten jobs. And I mean every one of them. The ones in london Ontario are getting paid between $16-18 for full time entry level jobs and they are still waiting for PGWP. I must be honest, the money they are paid is very very small but getting PR and the Canadian work experience is the first priority.

You should only go for a second program if you have the money and it is absolutely necessary.

You will get a job if you have a good result, willing to move around Canada and attend a good college.

Before I forget, if you decide to go for a 1 year PGC or 2 year PGD, if your program has a co-op option, you should choose it. An opportunity to get work experience before graduating is always a bonus. While doing co-op, the company may retain you or you can network from there.

I wish you all the best.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 7:50am On Nov 29, 2019
Phatkings:

Mine is taking century too and i have decided to work with the generic refusal reasons they sent me and forget about the GCMS notes. I could in a way sense the feedback from it from those that have put up theirs in this forum. Cannot keep waiting for them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 8:51am On Nov 29, 2019
Kjoy:

Applied on the 3rd of this month and got it last night.

Pls what medium did you use or third party agent did you use
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimmsyyetty: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2019
Naijaforeigner:
@Slimmsyyetty

Also, if you can get visa for 1 year PGC from Nigeria in a program of your choice, there is really no need going for a second program. You can get a NOC job once you are done with your one year PGC which qualifies you for PR.

Once you are done with your one year program, you wait for your program completion letter (usually 2 weeks after program end date) and then apply for PGWP. Once you have applied for PGWP you are allowed to work full time (not before applying for PGWP). PGWP takes about 3-4 months before you get it.

About one month to the end of your program, you start applying for jobs in your industry. Apply to jobs in your city, province, outside your city and outside your province. I can assure you, you will get a job before your PGWP comes out (infact, within 2 months of graduating from your program tops). This saves you paying $14,000-16,000 for another PGC.

One Indian girl finished her PGC program in London, Ontario August, she got a job in September in Winnipeg. She had to move from London to Winnipeg. She spent 1 month on the job, she got bored and kept applying for jobs and got another job in Ottawa paying her $23/hr.

According to her, she sent out over 50 applications, went for 7 interviews and got 3 job offers from August till date.The money is small, applying for over 50 jobs can be stressful but if you ask me, the stress is worth it if it saves you paying another college money.

Infact, all the guys and girls I roll with (about 7 of them), that we graduated together in August have all gotten jobs. And I mean every one of them. The ones in london Ontario are getting paid between $16-18 for full time entry level jobs and they are still waiting for PGWP. I must be honest, the money they are paid is very very small but getting PR and the Canadian work experience is the first priority.

You should only go for a second program if you have the money and it is absolutely necessary.

You will get a job if you have a good result, willing to move around Canada and attend a good college.

Before I forget, if you decide to go for a 1 year PGC or 2 year PGD, if your program has a co-op option, you should choose it. An opportunity to get work experience before graduating is always a bonus. While doing co-op, the company may retain you or you can network from there.

I wish you all the best.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2019
KrystalDesign:

Mine is taking century too and i have decided to work with the generic refusal reasons they sent me and forget about the GCMS notes. I could in a way sense the feedback from it from those that have put up theirs in this forum. Cannot keep waiting for them.

It's no longer a news that GCMS note now takes 90days to be delivered. This is as a result of the huge request/demand been placed for it by prospective applicants.

Applicants that can't wait for their notes to arrive in three (3) months time, can work with the generic reasons that were highlighted on the refusal letter and demonstrate how their current situation has substantively changed.

It will end in praises.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tofo(m): 9:45am On Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone.
Please see below response my sister got yesterday
Please note that her sponsor is my brother with sufficient funds. Fees of 15k CAD has already been paid.Account statement shows enough proof of funds to cather for her for the duration of her study.

See reasons stated below

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada

Please advise if we can reapply as we have sufficient prove to show funds are available for her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:25am On Nov 29, 2019
Long post alert

I hate when I log into this forum and see excessive refusals. The truth is your refusal isn't because;
1. You truly have a vague SOP
2. Your academic program doesn't show a true purpose of visit.
3. Weak family ties or any of those vague reasons they give.

Since I got here I have analysed so many trends with international students from other countries most especially India and China. And here is my conclusion;

1. Most of this international students can't even speak good English hence, how did they scale through the SOP part that they mostly tell us we've written something "poor or vague"

P.S: Nationality withheld in a group presentation one international student wrote a report and I wanted to faint. A JSS3 Nigerian student can't write like that!

2. Most of them don't even get study permits for relevant courses that correlate with any work experience or whatsoever that we otherwise get refused for under the contempt of "purpose of visit" or "limited employment opportunities"

Now the reasons why this international students scale through the hectic STUDY PERMIT requirements are because;

1. They pay a year tuition
2. Show verifiable proof of living expenses (10kCAD)
3. They have viable financial institutions that give student loans with flexible payment intervals.
4. They hardly submit fraudulent documents which can ruin the chances of others.
5. Indians and Chinese immigrants invest a lot in Canada if you go to greater Toronto areas or Vancouver you'll confirm this.

So tell me why they won't be favoured. They don't care if they don't have a clear purpose of visit or whatsoever PRUDENCE is the order of the day

Also another clear reason why we Nigerians have so many refusals is simply because the study permit program in Canada as become over successful and there is simply not enough space. You need to see the way universities and colleges cash out yearly from international students it's unbelievable and when you notice that some other countries are given more priority then where do we stand. Where do we stand in a situation;
1. Where we're using 2/3 co-sponsors where some Asian kid as paid one year school fees and still doesn't mind paying 1kcad every month on living expenses.

2. Where do we stand when some people have ruined others chances through fraudulent documents

3. Where do we stand when other nationals are purchasing GIC(Guaranteed investment certificate) in the tune of 10kcad upwards to show proof of fund and we are still drawing table on how our uncle/brother/sister will sponsor us and getting #500 affidavit to support our claim

Please guys don't beat yourself up the system is flawed you aren't stupid or unfortunate it's just how the system works. I have met 2 immigration lawyers in Canada and I have seen some truth about the system.

Canada’s lack of a federal business immigration program and the difficulty of entering as a skilled worker through the express-entry system is adding to the overwhelming numbers of international students lining up for permanent residency. People from abroad are becoming students, just to have a pathway to immigration, he says.

“They're forcing people that really shouldn't go to school into the school system. And that's why, perhaps, the refusal rates are higher

On the contrary you can set yourself apart by boosting your chance if you have the means;
1. Pay a year tuition
2. Keep living expenses in the tune of 10KCAD in a fixed deposit and let it mature for at least 3months
3. Avoid fraudulent documents
4. Keep your SOP simple and straight to the point
5. Avoid using confusing documents
6. I'm sorry to say but limit the amount of co-sponsors if possible
7. Apply for relevant courses.

P.S: At thus rate the Canadian government might have post graduate work programs for people that study specific technical courses only while the rest will go home just like what we witnessed in UK.

Keep your heads high and keep pushing. It is well. Cheers

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pufframmy: 11:39am On Nov 29, 2019
still waiting too 78 days now

Frankrobbn1:

It's no longer a news that GCMS note now takes 90days to be delivered. This is as a result of the huge request/demand been placed for it by prospective applicants.

Applicants that can't wait for their notes to arrive in three (3) months time, can work with the generic reasons that were highlighted on the refusal letter and demonstrate how their current situation has substantively changed.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2019
tofo:
Hi everyone.
Please see below response my sister got yesterday
Please note that her sponsor is my brother with sufficient funds. Fees of 15k CAD has already been paid.Account statement shows enough proof of funds to cather for her for the duration of her study.

See reasons stated below

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada

Please advise if we can reapply as we have sufficient prove to show funds are available for her

I regret to hear that your sister's visa application was rejected based on financial insufficiency to cover for her tuition, living expenses and transportation to Canada. In light of the above reason, my best suggestion is that your sister should create a well constructed financial table in her SOP and provide a detailed breakdown of her annual expenses and the total funds available for her stay. She should also explain how these funds will be spent and her accessibility to the funds in her Sponsor's account. Sponsor should also state in his Sponsorship letter the amount he will providing her during her first academic year and a written assurance that funds will be available and accessible by the applicant at any given period of her stay in Canada. Lastly, sponsor should certify the visa officer that financing the applicant's stay in Canada wouldn't pose to be a burden to his immediate family, business or personal welfare.

It will end in praises

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praises.

Definitely.. Thanks Frank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2019
slimmsyyetty:

Thank you @JustMellow

From ur explanation, two years post graduate diploma is better but we are just looking at the possibility that a 2year diploma course will require a higher POF, compared to a year certificate program. For instance, POF of 6m maybe fair enough to d VIO for a year program, compared to using that same fund for a 2 year diploma course.

But if fortunately, she was given a year visa for her 1 year certificate course, can she quickly apply for another course within that 4month that is left after completing d certificate course she came for?

Thank you

For a 2yr program, the required funds to be shown is for 1yr that is sufficient to cover a semester/year tuition fees and LE. Then demonstrate how the tuition fees and LE of the subsequent year would be met.

The process of showing funds is same whether a 1 or 2yr program. The most important thing is having extra in the account after the funds for tuition fees and LE has been shown.

Its advisable to apply for the admision on time even before the 3 - 4 months. At least, the SP extension app should have been filed within this period.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=84465152]

Hello Frank,

I was denied TRV earlier this year based on current employment history and travel history.

For employment history that I filled, I have Nysc and a flexible 3years WE but in my next application I'd like to add my online business and social media management job that I've had since 2017 (I won't call it part time cos I spend a lot of hours online daily, even on weekends).

Will this be viewed as misrepresentation as I didn't include it in my last application?

Thanks you. Thumbs up for the great job you do here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
Oganammuo:

Justmellow, thank you very much for speedy response. But I know all the required documents. I've been following and reading a long time.

What I meant is how do I get the visa forms to fill? Is it the same way as in online route, after filling them, then I will print it out to have a hard copy.

Am thinking of submitting in Abuja and not Lagos. Is it possible I can do biometrics the same day, because I will be going from owerri. Or I will submit, go home and wait for biometrics mail?

I was refused student visa 2017, online route, will I do another biometrics, or the first one is still valid?

Apart from putting my documents together in an orderly form, is there any other special thing I will do, other than going to Abuja to submit it?

Pls justmellow, frank, everyone, pls help me with this?

Hello Oganammuo,

All IMM forms can be found on cic.gc.ca. However, use the link below to assess the IMM Form page directly. Only download what is applicable to you. Also, ensure your system has Adobe Reader 11 or Acrobat to be able to download, save, and fill the forms before print out.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications

Unlike online, paper route permits you to do your biometrics on same day prior after submitting. Since you travelling from afar, just sacrifice 2 - 3 days though Abuja VFS doesn't witness same rush as Lagos VFS. But at most, sacrifice 2 days for it.

As it stands, you might not be required to do another biometrics since you've done one in 2017. Though the 10yrs biometrics validity began in July 31, 2018, some re-application applicants during same year as you didn't undergo a fresh biometrics while some did. Based on my recent observation, you're likely not to undergo one again. However, please us updated.

To your last question, the special thing is to make prayer the cover page of your application.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You can say that again and again.... First time EVER!!!!. This season (starting from September-December) is not a good one for Nigerian applicants.

Asin ehn! The VOs sold their joy for 2 rubber spoons. One for themselves and the other for applicants.

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.