Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024033 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:35am On Jun 22, 2019
ALT2:

I had a sponsor who provided his SOA of around 30m and pledged to support me with 20000CAD per year in addition to MUN financial support of 4732CAD per year
If you are clear enough, and I got you straight, then, your problem is right stated here.

You still haven't done what I asked you: add your tuition with $10,000 or the amount stated in your fee, and subtract from the available balance (1.9M+$2000+$4,732). When you're done, I'll point out my depiction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2019
ALT2:

Exactly, it is quiet funny cos if they really know what they are doing, how many youth of less than 26years old have those things in Nigeria? Do they expect me to have estate or what?
Lol. Having 100M but embarking on a 1Billion project ridicules my money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2019
THE PROBLEM I SEE IN MOST PEOPLE HERE IS THEIR INABILITY TO EVALUATE AND SEE THROUGH THE MIRROR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2019
SOPWriter:
THE PROBLEM I SEE IN MOST PEOPLE HERE IS THEIR [b]INABILITY TO EVALUATE AND SEE THROUGH THE MIRROR[/b]
Please can you kindly guide the house extensively on how we can "Evaluate and see through the mirror" so we all learn from your wide experience and knowledge. The refusal rate is getting higher by the day. Thank you in anticipation for your guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2019
fizgurl:

Please how many days were you given to submit your medical result. And please for those that have received message for passport request, is there usually a stated deadline to submit passport.

I've still not been able to link my application as i forgot my password and recovery questions and i got a mail last week thursday telling me i have a message in my account.

Miss Abegunde?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 9:51am On Jun 22, 2019
The rate of Refusals as become alarming however the increased rate in which applicants continue to think what works for Person A will work for Person B is equally appalling. Majority of applicants cannot distinguish;

1. Between Having the proper finances for a study program and establishing an adequate personal asset and finance portfolio.

2. Understand meeting the demands for a clear purpose of visit to Canada and Establishing good ties to Nigeria.

3. Submitting applications in a cohesive and logical manner.

4. Not understanding how to state and explain the use of a 3rd party sponsor.

5. Most importantly not understanding how to generate a solid study plan and choosing the right program and institution. Every institution in Canada pocess a unique blend of speciality a particular institution can be skilled in a particular program and pretty much basic in another. Applicants don't bother doing researches they just apply to whichever school pops up.

The VOs already understand the patterns used by Nigerian applicants right from copy and paste sop formats to basic and unnecessary supporting documents. Difficulty rate of trv application is now HARD!.

Applicants need to understand the game plan, conduct researches and understand what they are doing. When I go through applications this days I can smell a desperate applicant from a mile away and guess what I am not even a trained VO.

P.s: Always try to read up the thread before asking questions.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Darocksvip: 9:53am On Jun 22, 2019
Qudkom:

This is very detailed.
Sorry if my question sounds funny, but please is this the cost of Qlife per person or if one comes with a family?
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ALT2(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2019
SOPWriter:

If you are clear enough, and I got you straight, then, your problem is right stated here.

You still haven't done what I asked you: add your tuition with $10,000 or the amount stated in your fee, and subtract from the available balance (1.9M+$2000+$4,732). When you're done, I'll point out my depiction.

Let me break it down

My tuition is 4833 CAD per year+ Living Expenses 10000CAD per year

And my sponsor is supporting me with 20000 CAD per year and MUN's financial support is 4732 CAD per year.

My SOA is just to show my persona asset in the first place.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2019
Socio-Economic Factors and Visa approvals

Recently the UK released an article warning her citizens on the dangers of coming to Nigeria on vacation or business grounds. They spoke immensely on the crime, unemployment, Terrorism etc. Issues burdening our beloved country.

Now my point is the effect of Globalisation ensures every country in the world understands the situation and usess the economic indicators in any particular country(population, Inflation, political instability, GDP etc) to verify how well they are doing.

They understand Nigerians are trying to escape. Forget about what you see in gcms note it is pretty much copy and paste this days. And the economic factors of the country also plays a huge role in visa approvals not to mention individual VO errors. What you see in your refusal letter, gcms et all is just 45% of the actual reason you were refused.

Like I mentioned in my previous post it as become extremely hard to get approved and forget about the advices you get here or what you read, there is a huge element of luck in getting approved this days. It is going to get harder to be Honest I just pray and hope it works out for you all really.

Please plan accordingly, work with what you have and not what worked for someone else. Be original and most importantly avoid rushing an application. When you get refused stop rushing to re-apply take your time to evaluate. Lastly, the most difficult time to apply for a Canadian trv is between June-August. There's just to many people applying and human fatigue, errors and so on also plays a huge factor.

All the best.....

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2019
Darocksvip:

This is very detailed.
Sorry if my question sounds funny, but please is this the cost of Qlife per person or if one comes with a family?
Thank you
Per person.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2019
kcosam:

Please can you kindly guide the house extensively on how we can "Evaluate and see through the mirror" so we all learn from your wide experience and knowledge. The refusal rate is getting higher by the day. Thank you in anticipation for your guidance.
Firstly, I will not want to state our problems without the root cause; specifically, biasness is attributed to most living things, even other lower animals. Despite the reward obtained through this act, there are indirect harms it feeds us with. Definitely, you will be wondering how that applies to your Canadian Visa application! Oh, my friend, it does apply to everything you do….. You just have not discovered it yet and I will be glad to reveal this to you.
In the post I emboldened earlier, there are two objects (Inability to evaluate and see through the mirror) that explain where our troubles are coming from: these two works together and could be, taken to be identical, however, there exist a disparity firmly resisting their articulation, but above all, our attitude of prejudice needs to be laid aside.
To clarify, I will speak on each object:

INABILITY TO EVALUATE
Our problem, specifically attributed to this part of the world, is that we do things based on luck; we believe in doing our imaginable best while we leave the best to God, you feel should never rest (sounds funny or harsh), let us try embrace the truth sometimes. Before applying for your visa, you are expected to know all requirements and makes sure you meet it: basically, focusing on f1: you should have a current admission, financial ability (available balance and assets that assures steady income), a statement of purpose that answer all necessary questions about you and your goals, reason for country, course, and school.
To summarize, once you have this, you can proceed to your application but that still does not mean you are qualified, until you “see yourself through the mirror”.

SEEING YOURSELF THROUGH THE MIRROR
When you look at yourself through that mirror, all you see is an image that reflects your physical structure, in contrast, when the image is broken, you see yourself in different point; the broken mirror picks and reflect the body part that faces it: when applying for your visa, you need to see yourself as that beast of a VO, who is looking for every slight opportunity to deny you, with this in mind:
1) You will not contradict yourself in your IMM form.
2) You will not fill your IMM form accurately and write something slightly different in your SOP.
3) You will not change your career path and never state it in your SOP
4) You will not submit an insufficient available balance, hoping for miracle.
5) Your CV will be identical with your IMM form.
6) You will not state unnecessary things that will raise eye ball while writing your SOP.
7) Your letter of intent will specifically explains your intention.
8 Your financial breakdown will not contradict your statement.
9) You will not make funny mistake that will question your already acquired degree certificate.
10) Your SOP will not question your purpose of visit (depict immigration).
I have taken my time to provide this with the best of my knowledge, and from my perception about people’s cases and experience, and I hope you will learn from this write up. I am not a traveling agent, but a writing services provider. Notwithstanding, I consider this necessary to enlighten my fellow Nigerians.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kpizzle: 11:05am On Jun 22, 2019
I am sorry to say but I can see a bit of arrogance in ur comment. I am happy for you that you have gotten your PR but like u mentioned no situation are the same and I still will not agree that SOP or SOA by themselves are the game changer, I believe it is more than that.

As I have previously mentioned, I was refused and I went for JR. I didn't add a single new documents, I didn't change my SOP and with that the refusal was reviewed and I was approved.

Senatorkolade mentioned it in some pages ago that the VOs can sometimes be sloppy and lazy.
Also, all fingers are not equal, we all have different abilities and capabilities, this is why I appreciate frankrobn, he doesn't talk down on people, instead he encourages. Some of us are not so smart as u assumed and will always need help, that is why there is market for agents.

Qudkom:
The rate of Refusals as become alarming however the increased rate in which applicants continue to think what works for Person A will work for Person B is equally appalling. Majority of applicants cannot distinguish;

1. Between Having the proper finances for a study program and establishing an adequate personal asset and finance portfolio.

2. Understand meeting the demands for a clear purpose of visit to Canada and Establishing good ties to Nigeria.

3. Submitting applications in a cohesive and logical manner.

4. Not understanding how to state and explain the use of a 3rd party sponsor.

5. Most importantly not understanding how to generate a solid study plan and choosing the right program and institution. Every institution in Canada pocess a unique blend of speciality a particular institution can be skilled in a particular program and pretty much basic in another. Applicants don't bother doing researches they just apply to whichever school pops up.

The VOs already understand the patterns used by Nigerian applicants right from copy and paste sop formats to basic and unnecessary supporting documents. Difficulty rate of trv application is now HARD!.

Applicants need to understand the game plan, conduct researches and understand what they are doing. When I go through applications this days I can smell a desperate applicant from a mile away and guess what I am not even a trained VO.

P.s: Always try to read up the thread before asking questions.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staodi: 11:06am On Jun 22, 2019
SOPWriter:

That's sad. However, I will suggest you subtract your first year tuition and $10,000 from your available balance.

The problem might be from there, those assets only count as home ties.
please did you get my pm?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2019
Staodi:
please did you get my pm?
Yes, I did.
I just responded!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2019
SOPWriter:

Firstly, I will not want to state our problems without the root cause; specifically, biasness is attributed to most living things, even other lower animals. Despite the reward obtained through this act, there are indirect harms it feeds us with. Definitely, you will be wondering how that applies to your Canadian Visa application! Oh, my friend, it does apply to everything you do….. You just have not discovered it yet and I will be glad to reveal this to you.
In the post I emboldened earlier, there are two objects (Inability to evaluate and see through the mirror) that explain where our troubles are coming from: these two works together and could be, taken to be identical, however, there exist a disparity firmly resisting their articulation, but above all, our attitude of prejudice needs to be laid aside.

INABILITY TO EVALUATE
Our problem, specifically attributed to this part of the world, is that we do things based on luck; we believe in doing our imaginable best while we leave the best to God, you feel should never rest (sounds funny or harsh), let us try embrace the truth sometimes. Before applying for your visa, you are expected to know all requirements and makes sure you meet it: basically, focusing on f1: you should have a current admission, financial ability (available balance and assets that assures steady income), a statement of purpose that answer all necessary questions about you and your goals, reason for country, course, and school.
To summarize, once you have this, you can proceed to your application but that still does not mean you are qualified, until you “see yourself through the mirror”.

When you look at yourself through that mirror, all you see is an image that reflects your physical structure, in contrast, when the image is broken, you see yourself in different point; the broken mirror picks and reflect the body part that faces it: when applying for your visa, you need to see yourself as that beast of a VO, who is looking for every slight opportunity to deny you, with this in mind:
2) You will not fill your IMM form accurately and write something slightly different in your SOP.
6) You will not state unnecessary things that will raise eye ball while writing your SOP.
9) You will not make funny mistake that will question your already acquired degree certificate.
10) Your will not question your purpose of visit (depict immigration).
I have taken my time to provide this with the best of my knowledge, and from my perception about people’s cases and experience, and I hope you will learn from this write up. I am not a traveling agent, but a writing services provider. Notwithstanding, I consider this necessary to enlighten my fellow Nigerians.

Well done @SOPWriter, and thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with the house, which is part of the reasons this platform was setup in the first place.
The house needs more of this, and again I say thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2019
kpizzle:
I am sorry to say but I can see a bit of arrogance in ur comment. I am happy for you that you have gotten your PR but like u mentioned no situation are the same and I still will not agree that SOP or SOA by themselves are the game changer, I believe it is more than that.

As I have previously mentioned, I was refused and I went for JR. I didn't add a single new documents, I didn't change my SOP and with that the refusal was reviewed and I was approved.

Senatorkolade mentioned it in some pages ago that the VOs can sometimes be sloppy and lazy.
Also, all fingers are not equal, we all have different abilities and capabilities, this is why I appreciate frankrobn, he doesn't talk down on people, instead he encourages. Some of us are not so smart as u assumed and will always need help, that is why there is market for agents.

Sorry who said anything about statement of account? This are the kind of comments that derail the thread. You can't distinguish between an advice and talking down on people.

You say sop's arent important then why do VOs write about "Poor and Vague" study plan in most gcms note? Maybe you should shed more light on this since you're so sure it doesn't count.

Also about your reference to senatorkolade I guess you missed out the part in my last post where I stated individual errors made by VOs cause a lot of issues. Please before you type about someone being arrogant make sure you think twice about it.

A particular Moniker actually spoke about people not understanding when help is been given. I list out areas applicants should work on and out of the blues you come out to criticise me. I'll just leave it there, because non of this will be important 24hrs from now. Carry on!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 11:42am On Jun 22, 2019
kcosam:

Well done @SOPWriter, and thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with the house, which is part of the reasons this platform was setup in the first place.
The house needs more of this, and again I say thank you.
You're welcome.
It's my pleasure, you found the post useful!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:53am On Jun 22, 2019
Pkay28:

You're a rare and unique being.
The blessings in deut 28 is your portion, thank you for all you do.
God bless you!

Amen! Thank you very much Ma. I really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2019
peruz:
Good evening sir,please I appreciate your relentless effort toward this forum, I wish other benefactor can be of assistance and reduce this stress on you..Lol, Please do you know a bit about New Brunswick College?

I am always humble at thy service, and gurus of this thread have also been helpful. With regards to the college, all I know is that it's located in the Altantic province of Canada, very cold and less densely populated. What program and level of education do you intend pursuing over there? That would assist me in advising you appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 11:58am On Jun 22, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Amen! Thank you very much Ma. I really appreciate.
God bless you Frank. You're really trying!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
SOPWriter:

God bless you Frank. You're really trying!

Thank you so much @SOPWriter. I have carefully noticed your recent contributions on this thread, and I must applaud you for the exceptional advices and great works you're doing here. Let's continue been helpful to others in order to achieve the purpose this thread was originated.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
kpizzle:

@kpizzle, Oh I never knew your Judicial Review at the Canadian High court went successful. Congratulations to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
Obehi44:

Honestly I am not happy the way these people refuse study visa. If they have a limit or a set standard or a format, they should just let us know. It's really getting too much and they always come up with these same reasons.
I am sorry about you refusal, I urge you to take it in good faith and see it just as a refusal and not a rejection. Look for the loose ends and tie up and then reapply. Please make sure you get it right the next time even if you have to take your time. And very importantly, take it all to God in prayers very seriously. #ItWillEndInPraise

I remember I mentioned about it in my previous post this week. You guys shouldn't fright, during this period approvals are rare while refusals are high.... Subsequently, those that were called for medicals and updated as passed will soon start receiving approvals. This is the modus operandi of the Canadian embassy every fall term and it's important you all be well informed about it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kpizzle: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
Thanks. I posted my details and timelines then. I guess it was one of your off days.

Frankrobbn1:

@kpizzle, Oh I never knew your Judicial Review at the Canadian High court went successful. Congratulations to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
kpizzle:
Thanks. I posted my details and timelines then. I guess it was one of your off days.

Yes bro, I was very occupied sometime in April and May when I was preparing for my IELTS test and Permanent Residence application. The exam wasn't an easy one, but I am grateful to God that I was able to attain good grades in one sitting which makes me eligible to apply for the Canadian PR. I am happy at your TRV achievement. Success!.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
kvbenjamin44:
please dear Frank
I need your help oooòo
although my denial is still a shock to me
please kindly reply

@kvbenjamin44,. Can you share your profile and the list of documents you submitted with your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
kvbenjamin44:
I feel so sad
I was denied visa few days ago and this is the stated reasons

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Gurus in the house how do I convince them that I will leave canada at the end of my study.
please Help a sister ooo

This question has been answered in my previous post. However, for the sake of newbies, I'll have to repost it again.

To convince the officer that you're a bona-fide applicant and will leave after your study period, you must prove that you have sufficient ties to your home country that will motivate you to return to your home country at the end of your authorized stay. You must also prove that you will abide by the terms and conditions on your study permit as an international student.

A well written SOP/LOE as the case maybe must suffice stating the reason why you choose to undertake your proposed program in Canada rather than your home country, Nigeria. The lucrativeness of such program in your home country. What you intend to achieve in a short-term and long-term basis. The difference you could make when you return to your country e.g setting up a company of your own and creating wide range of employment opportunities for your country men etc...

* Proof of properties located in your country of residence preferably in your name(or parent's name that you're directly heir to). This assets could be land, house or a registered business etc..

* Proof that your immediate family members (aged parents, siblings, spouse and kids) are in Nigeria and aren't accompanying you to Canada, would also be a strong reason for you to go back home when you have finished your studies.

* Financial obligations and moral responsibilities which falls on you such as leadership role, military, community, church and family that you must return to continue active participation and attendance in meetings. (A letter from any of these bodies would help).

Also remember to order your gcms note as this will give us a clearer picture on what went wrong with your previous refused application.

I hope the information provided is adequate to what you seek. Feel free to reach out here if you face any difficulty along the process and I will be happy to guide you through.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kpizzle: 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
I got my PR April 17th which coincide with the same period you were preparing for ur exams. It's a day i will never forget. I have never been top or the best all my life but God and fortune has been good to me. I am going to study a dream course and I am so looking forward to it.

We are so happy to learn u are also making your way to join us in maple land. Thanks for your usual support, we appreciate you.

Frankrobbn1:

Yes bro, I was very occupied sometime in April and May when I was preparing for my IELTS test and Permanent Residence application. The exam wasn't an easy one, but I am grateful to God that I was able to attain good grades in one sitting which makes me eligible to apply for the Canadian PR. I am happy at your TRV achievement. Success!.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
kpizzle:
I got my PR April 17th which coincide with the same period you were preparing for ur exams. It's a day i will never forget. I have never been top or the best all my life but God and fortune has been good to me. I am going to study a dream course and I am so looking forward to it.

We are so happy to learn u are also making your way to join us in maple land. Thanks for your usual support, we appreciate you.

Wow, this is great news! I really would like to learn from your Judicial Review journey as I am not a custodian of knowledge and always open to learn at any given time in my life. Permit me to ask you, how much did it cost you to hire an experienced immigration attorney in Canada to file for a judicial review on your behalf at the high court of Canada. More so, how long was the whole process including transferring your file to the next visa officer for reassessment down to when you got your approval.

Thanks very much at the bolded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
Green4:
Hello Mr Frank i really appreciate your efforts towards our success stories, i thank you for your help and assistance, haven following you for something time now and i have seen your great works... Your rewards from God are Unquantifiable.... Sir i plead that you help me go through my SOP, please can you help send your email address so i can send it you thanks alot sir for your help so far.

Amen o! Thank you very much Boss. I received your private message, I will create chance to respond to it and also review your SOP, if that would make you happy wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
abike12:
Frankrobbn1 I know you're very busy but can I please send you our list of documents just to see if we need to add anything before submission?

For Swift response you can share the list of documents here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by crusader6(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
Mr/ Mrs motivational speaker.. Thank you very much but its so unfortunate that this kind of advice is not need on this trend coz you know nothing. If you are trying to show case your talent then u better publish a book. You just joined this trend this year and you are running your mouth as if your are one of the visa officer.
Have you looked into every refused individual's Sop, documentation or financial asset to know it doesn't meet standard??
Why are you making assumptions over what you have no idea about??
I would appreciate if you remain mute for some time and allow intelligent people raise suggestions that can help. Or better still if you are into Sop writing business the open a website.. This is the wrong place guy...
SOPWriter:

INABILITY TO EVALUATE

10) Your will not question your purpose of visit (depict immigration).

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.