Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022748 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sharpsharp: 12:57am On Mar 16, 2020
Fatkideric:
Approval alert!!!

Hey guys I have been a silent reader since 2017 when my brother introduced me to this forum when he was applying for his study permit. He got his approval after 3 attempts and I have been learning since then because I know my day would come. I registered this year 2020. You guys are awesome and thanks for the information passed here.

School Admission in November 2019.
Applied via paper (Plus Biometric) on Jan 24rd 2020 (First Attempt)
Medical request on Feb 20th 2020
Did medicals (IOM) on Feb 25th 2020
Biometric Verification letter on March 5th 2020
Approval Letter 15th 2020. (On a Sunday right, I know).

Documents submitted;
 School Offer letter for fall 2020 (Winsdor) Masters program.
 Proof of Payment for Acceptance fee.
 Birth certificate (I’m 22 years)
 Undergraduate Transcripts & degree certificate (Accounting) (2.1, CGPA 4.35/5.00), graduated 2018.
 CV
 Sponsor’s Account statements (Enough Finance)
 Sponsor’s landed properties
 I don’t have any travel history though.
 Affidavit of support signed from the court
 Sponsorship letter by parents
 My professional qualifications, ICAN (ACA),AAT,PMP, ACCA, Microsoft office, Project Management
 My letter of Employment from office
 Increase in salary (2 times within my course of work)
 My salary account
 My pension account
 My personal account
 My investments and portfolios
 My fixed deposit accounts
 My NYSC certificate
 Statement of purpose (well crafted by me through research and made my intentions clear)
 My WAEC certificate
 My high school testimonial
 CIC forms of course

I will love to help as much as I can when I am available as I will like to help anyone and give answers to questions from the knowledge I have.

Cheers!ï

Congratulations!!!
I tap into this Approval alert in Jesus mighty name.
It shall surely end in praise...

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tomotunde: 5:04am On Mar 16, 2020
eguoski:
Hello guys, I was asked to upload a replacement documents of IMM1294 before 10/03/2020. It was tagged "Replacement Required". I have done that and it's now showing Replacement provided. I believe God is on my case.
It will end in praise.

Hi I have similar issue... submitted since November and no update yet. I just found out about the the same mistake that my friend that is an agent didn’t tick yes that I was refused a visa before. My second application.
Pls I don’t where to start from.
Pls I need a draft or format on how u wrote the letter of explanation and how the web form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 5:12am On Mar 16, 2020
Tomotunde:

Hi I have similar issue... submitted since November and no update yet. I just found out about the the same mistake that my friend that is an agent didn’t tick yes that I was refused a visa before. My second application.
Pls I don’t where to start from.
Pls I need a draft or format on how u wrote the letter of explanation and how the web form
Hope you filled the third party rep form? If you did, you have no issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tomotunde: 5:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Blema111:

Hope you filled the third party rep form? If you did, you have no issue.

I Didn’t handle the application and I was given a logging details which I use in checking the application status through GCkey

I honestly don’t know where or how to start the letter of explanation. Someone should help me with a format
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KingThomas1(m): 5:50am On Mar 16, 2020
Good Morning House,

So I intend applying for scholarships and admissions this year with the hope of it been approved late this year or early next year as I am currently undergoing my NYSC.

I have one question, from the previous posts it would seem one has to have a great deal of money to proceed (in the millions range). If hopefully I am able to secure a scholarship, do I need to still have up to those amounts..?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 6:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Yes your study leave letter is a very important document. Let it just state something like “we are granting you leave for your study and wish you all the best” something like that without indicating the year.

Bro, if he is actually your uncle, from father or mothers side, tell the truth. Your uncle is also someone close and it is acceptable. Forget about all those things you are trying to do, it is not necessary. Let him explain why he wants to sponsor you. A convincing reason in his letter of sponsorship. Submit proof of how he is related to your dad or Mum, international passport page and other documents earlier mentioned. Submit and leave the rest with God.

Your application is solid, don’t entertain doubts, fear or any voice trying to tell you to cut corners.

P.s whatever I have told you is how I will go about mine if I were in your shoes. If you are not satisfied with my advise, you can do what your spirit tells you. I wish you all the best.

Thank you very much for your comments. Noted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by LadyJasper: 8:01am On Mar 16, 2020
Luckymama:

Google DLI Canada. It’s a webpage that gives you a list of institutions that you can attend that will qualify you to apply for a work permit after graduation. You can search province by province or if you already know which province you want to live in you go directly to that province. The stakes are too high (time, money and resources that you are going to spend on this venture) for you to rely on random strangers to give you the information. It’s better you do the search yourself and avoid stories that touch.
Thanks, you pointed me to the right direction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tomotunde: 8:55am On Mar 16, 2020
Akannitommy:

Read through the last 10 - 20 pages of this thread and you will responses that helped people in your exact kind of situation.

Pls guys I need help with this...������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:21am On Mar 16, 2020
Tomotunde:

I Didn’t handle the application and I was given a logging details which I use in checking the application status through GCkey

I honestly don’t know where or how to start the letter of explanation. Someone should help me with a format
Did the agent fill the form then, confirm from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 10:32am On Mar 16, 2020
Xyzee:

Please do you have any number for the registry’s office of Algonquin college? I’m avoiding having to stop there on my way to Baseline tomorrow. There is a programme I have been trying to get information on the fees for PR/citizens and was referred to the Registry’s office.

Thank you.
i think u quoted d wrong person
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2020
Tomotunde:
Pls guys I need your help oo...

My second application since November 25...nothing yet from CIC. Now I just discovered that there was an error...a friend of mine who’s an agent handled it for me as I was out Lagos then... so i sent him everything he needs even the previous refusal letter and he tick (No) for where they ask if I was refused before.....my application is still on background check. Pls I need your help and I don’t even know what right. A friend of mine in Canada said I should withdraw my application to avoid the 5yrs ban.

Pls guys I need help with this..������

I have seen and read here about 3-4 similar cases. So I will advise you also go back and read, then contact those people to know what they did and worked for them.

But to my own opinion, withdrawal of your application will be too harsh on yourself because you are yet to be contacted by CIC/IRCC. So I guess they haven’t seen it or gotten to that part of your application yet. Therefore, I think you stand a chance of making corrections now.

Fill the form again and tick the appropriate boxes, write a letter admitting your honest mistake and apologize for that. Then state that this is why you have to quickly re-fill and resubmit the form to them.

Send the letter and form via web form and email to Lagos and Nairobi.

I wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2020
Congratulations to the newly approved on the TL, and i wish those who’s application is still running best of luck.

Meanwhile, I want to urge those who have been approved, to try and always release information or letters to help those who sick for it. I say this because I have noticed that character by some Nigerians, who will not want to disclose how they succeed to others even after they have succeeded.

To give others your letter after it worked for you, shouldn’t a bad idea. Remove your details and information and also advise or warn the person against plagiarism.

May this new week bring good news of approval in all ramification IJN

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wynie(f): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2020
I’m not there yet but sure
chinwezdasilva:
please can I email you, would like to ask you some few questions regarding to university of manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chinwezdasilva: 11:48am On Mar 16, 2020
Please nairalander, has anyone applied for red river college if there's, please what's the method of payment for online application. Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chinwezdasilva: 11:49am On Mar 16, 2020
[quote author=wynie post=87486929]I’m not there yet but sure [/quote did you write an English proficiency exams regarding to Nigeria bn exempted from writing any English proficiency exam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chinwezdasilva: 11:55am On Mar 16, 2020
wynie:
I’m not there yet but sure
did you write an English proficiency exams regarding to Nigeria bn exempted from writing any English proficiency exam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jason2moh: 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2020
I applied to Lambton college. Sure thing, I'm happy to help.
eddyme:
Which school did you apply to bro?
Can i email you ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jason2moh: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2020
I applied to Lambton college for a post graduate certificate (2 years).
I submitted bank statements, paid 1st year tuition, SOP, family investments, showing ties back home.
Obehi44:

What school did you apply to?
What program and level of program?

Can you share with the house the documents you submitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by goldbergg: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2020
myelle:
Pls did any body apply for University of Saskatchewan that has gotten addmisson my friend is worried she applied this January but has not gotten any reply form them.

My belief is that they sent mail to all applicants about the coronavirus effect on issuing answers to applicants. Check your email for it and please quote back to let me know if you got one. I did not also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Prisca80: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2020
Good day every one,am a newbie seeking for a study visa in Canada already have a college in mind buh d thing is dat I want to switch careers. Already hv a Bsc in Food science and technology buh I wat to apply for practical nursing by applying for a diploma program. My question is, will such decision affect me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2020
goldbergg:

My belief is that they sent mail to all applicants about the coronavirus effect on issuing answers to applicants. Check your email for it and please quote back to let me know if you got one. I did not also

I got the e-mail. You should also get same.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2020
Prisca80:
Good day every one,am a newbie seeking for a study visa in Canada already have a college in mind buh d thing is dat I want to switch careers. Already hv a Bsc in Food science and technology buh I wat to apply for practical nursing by applying for a diploma program. My question is, will such decision affect me.
Changing careers is difficult to explain or prove to Canada VO’s, though some have successfully done it.
This your Food science and technology course sells very well in terms of convincing the VO why you want to go study it abroad. So you should try the masters program.
Just my opinion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
Congratulations man

Fatkideric:
Approved!!!!!

I'd drop details soon

Thank God.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2020
Hello @peaceful22. Any news on your passport? Has your profile been updated with Counterfoil yet?

peaceful22:
I'm you guys senior colleague.... angry grin grin, submitted since 31 January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
Hello @nochyks87. Any news on your passport? Has your profile been updated with Counterfoil yet?

nochyks87:

Yes I believe there's a delay in passport stamping these days cos I submitted mine since Feb 10th and no update. So believe it's a general issue and not specific.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Solarmila: 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
@Frankrobbn1, kind reminder on my mails. I know you very busy. Please reply.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Prisca80: 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
Obehi44:

Changing careers is difficult to explain or prove to Canada VO’s, though some have successfully done it.
This your Food science and technology course sells very well in terms of convincing the VO why you want to go study it abroad. So you should try the masters program.
Just my opinion.

Tnx
So u think applying for another course will give me a slim chance of being approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peaceful22: 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
Yeah my passport is on transit to VFS today but no updates on my profile yet.

Markab:
Hello @peaceful22. Any news on your passport? Has your profile been updated with Counterfoil yet?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yads97: 7:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
Yads97:
Hey guys
So I got rejected and just picked up my passport today. I got to know I was refused through my account online. But I’ve not still gotten the reason why I was rejected. There’s no message on my account online and no email has been sent regarding my rejection. I was hoping the refusal reasons were going to come with my passport but to my surprise, it didn’t. I only got a small slip saying “all important information has been sent to your email” but nothing was sent. Please guys help. How can I get to know the reasons why I was refused?

It was later sent to my email after I emailed them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.