Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024399 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oskydaniellyyy: 11:53am On Jun 23, 2019
Evankc:
With all this Canada high refusal rate still many of us won kill our self even some keep trying more than 10 times and forget that their age and time is very important ..

For those way Canada dey difficult or let me say canada is not ment for everybody as there is so many country out there that you can live and work better than where you are coming from just like Canada and Australia that seem difficult base on there requirement.

Why are we dying for just one country as if ever lasting life is granted there .... HELLO Mr Man , you can't have the whole world and you can't be fully satisfy in one country , no prefect place in the world so stop thinking if you manage to make your way to Canada then all suffering and hard labour is over . Let me tell you , in times of Work Life Balance Canada don't have such also no good weather compare to other country .

I also wish to work and live there too but let take of that mind set like with out canada there is no other place for you to school or work . Time wait for nobody so you still make other choice apart from Canada and start from there then with time you can move to Canada if you still want to . Ask yourself what exactly do you want and check for other countries to try not only Canada because of all your friends have move there or it's where people are rushing to ... look for a simple country with a better work life balance , where you can easily start from with good employment rate. Think of your age and time and remember we are all different and like wise everybody with there own destiny . Pls try dey flexible so that you won't loose the opportunity that is right there in front of you than to waste all your time in the name of Canada (why must we be in one direction when you are not a robot) happy Sunday...

You are very much right. Canada denied me TRV last year in october 11, 2018. I sat down and I just look at everything and I said to myself 'why did l put all my eggs in one basket ?'

I discovered that I needed to try other countries like US, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Sweden and Norway. I applied to all the countries and I got admission in all. Then I started to consider the cost, the GDP per capital of the countries, post study visa/work visa, minimum wage, job availability after studies, overall economic indexes, and visa refusal rate of nigerians in those countries.

I narrowed down my mind to germany and Norway because no tuition fees up to PhD but you will transfer living expenses to the school before you apply for the student visa. The admission I got in Germany (M.ENG in design and development in automotive and mechanical engineering ) has some conditions like Germany language certificate at A1 level and tuition fees of 3000 euros per year which is still very affordable for me but in Norway, the admission came without no condition and with no tuition fees ( M.sc in Engineering design).

Then, I did all the neccesary things and applied for the study permit and within a month I got the study permit approved.

Some people might say because I was denied the Canadian study permit is the reason I am writing this. Well, my tuition fees in Canada is 20000 canadian dollars per year but with me going to norway now, I did not have to bother myself for tuition fees.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samuelpluto: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

You are very much right. Canada denied me TRV last year in october 11, 2018. I sat down and I just look at everything and I said to myself 'why did l put all my eggs in one basket ?'

I discovered that I needed to try other countries like US, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Sweden and Norway. I applied to all the countries and I got admission in all. Then I started to consider the cost, the GDP per capital of the countries, post study visa/work visa, minimum wage, job availability after studies, overall economic indexes, and visa refusal rate of nigerians in those countries.

I narrowed down my mind to germany and Norway because no tuition fees up to PhD but you will transfer living expenses to the school before you apply for the student visa. The admission I got in Germany (M.ENG in design and development in automotive and mechanical engineering ) has some conditions like Germany language certificate at A1 level and tuition fees of 3000 euros per year which is still very affordable for me but in Norway, the admission came without no condition and with no tuition fees ( M.sc in Engineering design).

Then, I did all the neccesary things and applied for the study permit and within a month I got the study permit approved.

Some people might say because I was denied the Canadian study permit is the reason I am writing this. Well, my tuition fees in Canada is 20000 canadian dollars per year but with me going to norway now, I did not have to bother myself for tuition fees.

please kindly help with how Norway has been treating since u got in. The people, living expense, study rigours and anything u wanna add. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

Your expirence really touch me and am so much happy that you where able to reason and see things far ahead and go for the important thing . Beside no one is a kid any more and your time is very very important .. go out there and archive your dreams , I wish you the best .

Am not after Canada ooo , am after myself where to archive my dreams and make a better living beside I need to be conscious of time because I need it to meet up....

When are you moving to Norway?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mykhelz958: 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

Not just norway. Ireland gives 2 years work permit for 1 year courses and its a huge financial and IT hub. The likes of google, amazon, facebook etc all have their HQ in the republic of ireland( Dublin)

NB: republic of ireland isn’t part of the UK

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oskydaniellyyy: 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
mykhelz958:

Not just norway. Ireland gives 2 years work permit for 1 year courses and its a huge financial and IT hub. The likes of google, amazon, facebook etc all have their HQ in the republic of ireland( Dublin)

NB: republic of ireland isn’t part of the UK

Yes, but tuition fees is huge in Ireland and the visa refusal rate is very high.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Y2Kbaba: 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Dera12345:
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST!!! (May applicant)

Experience is truly the best teacher, and my Canadian Sucess story made me believe the saying “EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING”!!! I know very well my story will motivate or strengthen some people never to give up in whatever that interests them, pursue it desperately like your life depends on it!! Yes I mean it.
Before I proceed, below is my timeline.

Online Application (2nd Application)
Submitted May 9th (10:57pm)
Upfront medicals passed on 11th June
Correspondence letter (today by 10:12am)
Original passport request (today by 10:32am)

This experience is my most difficult experience in life so far, I have always thought I can have anything I want in life but this Canada journey taught me that “Human beings can make any plans they want, but it’s God that decides their Sucess or failure”. I don’t even know where to begin from, but only God, Myself and @frankrobbn1 can tell my tragedy-comedy story.

So exactly a year today 20th June 2018, I submitted a paper route application and It was refused within 4weeks based on family ties, purpose of visit , personal assets and financial assets. Meanwhile, I have a Bsc in Biochemistry with overall CGPA 4.15 and last two year CGPA 4.71 , going for 2year diploma, paid tution fee $8,880cad.
when I received my refusal letter, I cried that very day like never before and till date my first refusal date 18th July,2018 still remains the worst day of my life, and the agent my parents used was just after money. After crying, knowing how bad i needed to leave this country I woke from my comfort zone and began my personal research, this was how I came across this wonderful forum and started reading up!

Through this wonderful platform I met an angel in human form, a motivator, my soulmate and my support system @frankrobbn1, may God bless you richly for me. Frank took his time to explain the errors in my application starting from advising me to secure a masters admission and that is nearly impossible to convince a VO on why diploma and not masters considering my high Gp, and secondly that my application is as empty as anything, I didn’t even submit my family’s information, no assets declared, no employment evidence and so on.

So I began my admission hunt and the devil started his work. Almost all the schools offering my course/ or related course requires a supervisor , and you know how difficult securing a supervisor can be. Some schools I contacted will tell me pump and play that I must identify a supervisor before applying while some will tell me to apply that they will assign me a supervisor once am admitted! I fell to their tricks and lost my application fee, I also tried contacting supervisors all kept turning me down. I kept sending countless mails to different supervisors in different universities all to no avail, some would always come up late with their negative mails of not having space in their lab while some will totally ignore me. I got feed up and I decided to stop sending mails but to call them on phone at least to get a straight forward response rather than waiting for their response that takes weeks and at the end must be negative. I made it as one of my daily activities to call at least 10 supervisors daily, and I did this for months!!! Even the ones that later accepted to supervise me though without funding just all of a sudden will deny even knowing me after I have submitted my application hoping I have secured a supervisor.

In general, I applied to 6 different universities in a space of 8months and all turned me down. I kept asking myself who did I offend? who is after my progress? Through this same wonderful forum I met a very nice fellow @agronat. Immediately he posted about him securing a masters admission with funding, i pm him to put me through, and that was how I realized the vital points/information missing out in my application and the reasons behind my refusals regardless of my high scores.

Hello Dera12345,congratulations.
Kindly respond to my PM for assistance on contacting potential supervisor.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

Can we have a private chat ?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mykaelolalekan: 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
Dear NL Family, my study permit application was denied early June, I have immediately ordered for my gcm note and defer my admission to fall 2020. Having gotten my new offer letter for the fall 2020, Will it be reasonable to re-apply in July 2019 for fall 2020 intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oskydaniellyyy: 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
Evankc:

Your expirence really touch me and am so much happy that you where able to reason and see things far ahead and go for the important thing . Beside no one is a kid any more and your time is very very important .. go out there and archive your dreams , I wish you the best .

Am not after Canada ooo , am after myself where to archive my dreams and make a better living beside I need to be conscious of time because I need it to meet up....

July 25

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oskydaniellyyy: 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
Evankc:

Try germany also, the biggest economy in Europe and 4th in the world , GDP per capital 48000 dollars, 2 years post study visa, very strong economy and many more

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oskydaniellyyy: 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mykaelolalekan:
Dear NL Family, my study permit application was denied early June, I have immediately ordered for my gcm note and defer my admission to fall 2020. Having gotten my new offer letter for the fall 2020, Will it be reasonable to re-apply in July 2019 for fall 2020 intake.

Sorry , the rate of denial is too alarming .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mykaelolalekan:

Sorry about the refusal. However, it is way too early to apply so soon. Apply first week of January that was the same thing I did. Till then reflect on your application and tighten the loopholes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oskydaniellyyy: 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
Samuelpluto:

please kindly help with how Norway has been treating since u got in. The people, living expense, study rigours and anything u wanna add. Thanks

Well, I will resume by august . Norway is a well developed country. With minimum wage job, One can live a decent life with great welfare program unlike US and Canada. Free education up to PhD level and free health care, work/life balance, the tax is not as the way people say it( progressive tax system). The minimum wage age is 18 dollars per hour.

From the contact I got there about 10 guys, they are all doing fine with work and studies. The language and immigration is stricter to control the flow of economic migrants but you can always find a way to sort yourself .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
glam4444:
After astounding two years. I want this to encourage someone
Done and dusted, Graduated this April. Won 5 awards.
Paid MY SCHOOL FEES by MYSELF here so anyone saying its not possible. It is very very possible.
Work permit approved within 38 days for 3 years and also landed a good job with good pay. GOD is great

I pray for all those here that are trying their very best that God grant your heart desires.
Trust God, there is nothing he wont do.

Congratulations!
I tap into this divine favor because this is my goal

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
Hello Gurus on the forum,
A lady applied for Canadian Study Permit online just got a request for Medical examination. She has already booked an appointment with one of the accredited Hospitals(IOM Lagos) but will be travelling from another state.

She wants to know if it would be advisable to drop whatever items might be required with her friend (in Lagos )so as to submit to CIC on her behalf in case they prompt for visa application after Medicals.

She needs clarification on the following.

(i) What are the required documents for Visa application after Medicals?
(ii) Can she send her passport/documents for Visa application to-and-fro through Courier services(e.g DHL) as someone suggested or MUST she
take the her passport/documents to their office in person?
(iii)If the documents must be taken to their office,can she send through someone in Lagos(so she can drop her passport/other required items
with someone after her Medicals) or must she visit CIC office in person?
(iv) Please what other step would be required of her?

Thanks in anticipation of your guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
Qudkom:

By the Grace of God we'll get there bro. How is Canada treating you?
Amen. I am somewhere on the Caspian sea for now bro, not in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
i applied for my visa june 18, i just linked my application now.
what update should i be expecting now grin and at what time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by crusader6(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
mzjokky16:
i applied for my visa june 18, i just linked my application now.
what update should i be expecting now grin and at what time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
mcobex:
Lol ok bro. I'll be expecting something from your exploration. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
yomeximas:
Hello Gurus on the forum,
A lady applied for Canadian Study Permit online just got a request for Medical examination. She has already booked an appointment with one of the accredited Hospitals(IOM Lagos) but will be travelling from another state.

She wants to know if it would be advisable to drop whatever items might be required with her friend (in Lagos )so as to submit to CIC on her behalf in case they prompt for visa application after Medicals? It's better she uses courier service. Very easy.

She needs clarification on the following.

(i) What are the required documents for Visa application after Medicals? She only needs her passport ones she gets passport request.

(ii) Can she send her passport/documents for Visa application to-and-fro through Courier services(e.g DHL) as someone suggested or MUST she take the her passport/documents to their office in person? Yes sure, she just needs to attach a 3rd party consent letter and pay for return courier service. I used dhl. If she's sending her passport to the same place she did her biometrics then she doesn't need to pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
Hello house, please I need your suggestions. I have someone who's willing to sponsor me as I apply for my Visa, but he is a close family friend, not a relative and he has a company. I need you advise on how to convince the VO that someone who isn't my relative is sponsoring me( considering our relationship as just family friends a d not relatives). Asides these documents, letter of sponsorship, SOA, tax clearance, CAC cert. and affidavit of sponsorship(or is it support), what other document does he need. Please any advice on this would be appreciated.

Cc mcobex, Frankrobbn1, Qudkom
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Qudkom:

Lol ok bro. I'll be expecting something from your exploration. grin
Okay bro �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
pete26:
Hello house, please I need your suggestions. I have someone who's willing to sponsor me as I apply for my Visa, but he is a close family friend, not a relative and he has a company. I need you advise on how to convince the VO that someone who isn't my relative is sponsoring me( considering our relationship as just family friends a d not relatives). Asides these documents, letter of sponsorship, SOA, tax clearance, CAC cert. and affidavit of sponsorship(or is it support), what other document does he need. Please any advice on this would be appreciated.

The best way for a third party to convince the vo is by either paying your tuition fee before you apply for TRV or transfer the entire funds + living expenses into your personal bank account.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evankc(m): 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
mcobex:

Ahh broda are you traveling by water ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
mcobex:
The best way for a third party to convince the vo is by either paying your tuition fee before you apply for TRV or transfer the entire funds + living expenses into your personal bank account.
Hmmm.....thanks for your response. I just sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
pete26:

My extract on dealing with 3rd party sponsorship.

third party sponsorship

3rd party sponsorship is the use of individuals/organisations that dont have a direct relationship with you or have their own dependents.

It isn't impossible to use a 3rd party sponsor, but a lot of people find it hard to get the required details. A VO needs to understand why someone that isn't directly related to you (father, Mother, husband, wife or siblings without dependents) would want to sponsor you. The very first thing they need to understand is:

1. Has the 3rd party sponsor assisted you financially in the past with concrete EVIDENCE! .
2. Can you explain vividly the dependents of the 3rd party sponsor and how this won't affect future assistance.
3. Can you explain why a (3rd) would want to spend so much money on you!.

so ideally there isn't a perfect way to do this or a magical document to convince a VO. However if you can get the following among other supporting documents then you are fine. Also note the older you are the harder it is for a VO to believe your case and you can get flagged for rejection based on "Personal finance" or inadequate reason for embarking on an expensive program.

1. Show proof the (3rd) has assisted in the past

2. Explain vividly the (3rd) dependents in a
separate LOE. And back it up with documents

3. (3rd) financial portfolio

4. Rather than the (3rd) stating in the letter of employment that he/she promises to do this and that let the person pay a reasonable sum perhaps tuition. That way the LOS will have a statement such as
" I have paid the applicants 1st semester fee has my own quota of support towards the applicants studies and prepared to do more in future".
You will notice that the (3rd) has shown considerable support to convince the VO rather than making empty promises to the VO on supporting.

P.s; Age factor also matters when using a sponsor. And be very careful of "Personal assets and finance"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
Qudkom:

My extract on dealing with 3rd party sponsorship.

third party sponsorship

3rd party sponsorship is the use of individuals/organisations that dont have a direct relationship with you or have their own dependents.

It isn't impossible to use a 3rd party sponsor, but a lot of people find it hard to get the required details. A VO needs to understand why someone that isn't directly related to you (father, Mother, husband, wife or siblings without dependents) would want to sponsor you. The very first thing they need to understand is:

1. Has the 3rd party sponsor assisted you financially in the past with concrete EVIDENCE! .
2. Can you explain vividly the dependents of the 3rd party sponsor and how this won't affect future assistance.
3. Can you explain why a (3rd) would want to spend so much money on you!.

so ideally there isn't a perfect way to do this or a magical document to convince a VO. However if you can get the following among other supporting documents then you are fine. Also note the older you are the harder it is for a VO to believe your case and you can get flagged for rejection based on "Personal finance" or inadequate reason for embarking on an expensive program.

1. Show proof the (3rd) has assisted in the past

2. Explain vividly the (3rd) dependents in a
separate LOE. And back it up with documents

3. (3rd) financial portfolio

4. Rather than the (3rd) stating in the letter of employment that he/she promises to do this and that let the person pay a reasonable sum perhaps tuition. That way the LOS will have a statement such as
" I have paid the applicants 1st semester fee has my own quota of support towards the applicants studies and prepared to do more in future".
You will notice that the (3rd) has shown considerable support to convince the VO rather than making empty promises to the VO on supporting.

P.s; Age factor also matters when using a sponsor. And be very careful of "Personal assets and finance"
Thanks for your suggestion. What if the (3rd) tranfers my first year tuition+living expenses into my acct, and he states in his LOS that he has done so and would continue to do same during the course of my studies and shows proof of that transfer, does that suffice? If it does, is there a stipulated time the funds ought to be in my account for or it doesn't matter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
Evankc:

Ahh broda are you traveling by water ?
Na, on a mission

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
crusader6:

someone should please respond to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
pete26:
Thanks for your suggestion. What if the (3rd) tranfers my first year tuition+living expenses into my acct, and he states in his LOS that he has done so and would continue to do same during the course of my studies and shows proof of that transfer, does that suffice? If it does, is there a stipulated time the funds ought to be in my account for or it doesn't matter?
Good idea. Well for that method the funds will have to mature for about 4-6weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Movinghigher: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
Congratulations

Dera12345:
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST!!! (May applicant)

Experience is truly the best teacher, and my Canadian Sucess story made me believe the saying “EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING”!!! I know very well my story will motivate or strengthen some people never to give up in whatever that interests them, pursue it desperately like your life depends on it!! Yes I mean it.
Before I proceed, below is my timeline.

Online Application (2nd Application)
Submitted May 9th (10:57pm)
Upfront medicals passed on 11th June
Correspondence letter (today by 10:12am)
Original passport request (today by 10:32am)

This experience is my most difficult experience in life so far, I have always thought I can have anything I want in life but this Canada journey taught me that “Human beings can make any plans they want, but it’s God that decides their Sucess or failure”. I don’t even know where to begin from, but only God, Myself and @frankrobbn1 can tell my tragedy-comedy story.

So exactly a year today 20th June 2018, I submitted a paper route application and It was refused within 4weeks based on family ties, purpose of visit , personal assets and financial assets. Meanwhile, I have a Bsc in Biochemistry with overall CGPA 4.15 and last two year CGPA 4.71 , going for 2year diploma, paid tution fee $8,880cad.
when I received my refusal letter, I cried that very day like never before and till date my first refusal date 18th July,2018 still remains the worst day of my life, and the agent my parents used was just after money. After crying, knowing how bad i needed to leave this country I woke from my comfort zone and began my personal research, this was how I came across this wonderful forum and started reading up!

Through this wonderful platform I met an angel in human form, a motivator, my soulmate and my support system @frankrobbn1, may God bless you richly for me. Frank took his time to explain the errors in my application starting from advising me to secure a masters admission and that is nearly impossible to convince a VO on why diploma and not masters considering my high Gp, and secondly that my application is as empty as anything, I didn’t even submit my family’s information, no assets declared, no employment evidence and so on.

So I began my admission hunt and the devil started his work. Almost all the schools offering my course/ or related course requires a supervisor , and you know how difficult securing a supervisor can be. Some schools I contacted will tell me pump and play that I must identify a supervisor before applying while some will tell me to apply that they will assign me a supervisor once am admitted! I fell to their tricks and lost my application fee, I also tried contacting supervisors all kept turning me down. I kept sending countless mails to different supervisors in different universities all to no avail, some would always come up late with their negative mails of not having space in their lab while some will totally ignore me. I got feed up and I decided to stop sending mails but to call them on phone at least to get a straight forward response rather than waiting for their response that takes weeks and at the end must be negative. I made it as one of my daily activities to call at least 10 supervisors daily, and I did this for months!!! Even the ones that later accepted to supervise me though without funding just all of a sudden will deny even knowing me after I have submitted my application hoping I have secured a supervisor.

In general, I applied to 6 different universities in a space of 8months and all turned me down. I kept asking myself who did I offend? who is after my progress? Through this same wonderful forum I met a very nice fellow @agronat. Immediately he posted about him securing a masters admission with funding, i pm him to put me through, and that was how I realized the vital points/information missing out in my application and the reasons behind my refusals regardless of my high scores. And today am glad that my finally attempt landed me a full fulled scholarship worth $38,076CAD at BROCK UNIVERSITY ONTARIO , 2 years MSc in Biotechnology. Big thanks to @frankrobbn1 for recommending Brock University to me. I nearly craze that day (April 18th, 2019)!!! NB: the scholarship covers my tution and living expenses with extra left, I was also guaranteed a graduate assistantship position. Isn’t God great? This was when I realized that God was preparing something greater for me.

Fast forward to my visa application, guru @frankrobbn1 finished work.. I personally wrote my SOP and LOE, but when frank was done reviewing it I couldn’t recognize my LOE and SOP .. lol, he reconstructed it and was even using the VO’s terms to address every issue. He sold me well and also left the Change for the Visa officer to keep. I can’t thank you enough.., even after I submitted my visa application he took me to a church where I was given 4 days dry fasting and prayers (something I have never done in my life). I’m not the churchious type but this journey brought me closer to God and will forever remain grateful. I will be traveling to lagos next week to submit my passport and at the same time celebrate this wonderful journey that ended well. Seriously my sleep tonight will be very special after one year of dreaming of CANADA �� Lol, and to @justwise thanks for making this platform possible.

Below are the list of documents I submitted with my application:
Father sponsor.

All CIC FORMS
MY PASSPORT DATA PAGE
DIGITAL PASSPORT
UPFRONT MEDICALS
CLIENT INFORMATION;
•LOE
•SOP
•CV
•A reference letter from my supervisor
•Degree Certificate
•Degree Transcripts
•NYSC Posting letter
•NYSC Certificate
•My birth certificate
•WAEC result
•Employment letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•Study leave approval letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•work ID CARD
•police clearance certificate
•Picture with my parents
•HSSE professional Certificate (levels 1,2 and 3)
• social club reference letter (Written by frank)
•Deed of Gift of a four story building with a penthouse on top from Dad( Drafted by a senior advocate of Nigeria), I did the deed of gift before my application but it was back dated!
•My parent’s marriage certificate
•My family 25th marriage silver jubilee calendar as far back as 2008 . (Showing a portrait of all my siblings and my parents in the center) I was only 12years old then but I added it because we don’t have family picture.
•Siblings birth certificate
•Reference letter from my dad company stating I am one of the directors of his company existing for more than 30years now.
• My ID CARD showing am a director

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
•My full funding unconditional acceptance letter
•Affidavit of sponsorship (Drafted by frank, signed by Dad and notary public )
•Letter of sponsorship (Written by frank , signed by Dad)
•Board of resolution letter
•Dad’s international passport data page
•Dad’s Statement of account ( Bal: #113,000,000 inflow- 440M outflow-375M)
•My Personal savings acc. About eight something!
• My Dom account statement (I explained that regardless of my full funding, my father transferred the sum of $10,000Cad for my flight itinerary and other miscellaneous expenses that might rise)
•Dad’s CAC
•Dad’s company particulars of directors (showing my name as one of the directors)
•Dad’s company memorandum of association
• proof of his company shares in all my siblings name and also my mum
•Dad’s landed property, evaluation report and survey plan( I included two building, one rented and one personal building), AND three empty lands under construction)

Even though I know my application is a little bit tight, I still handed it over to God because I have seen better applications refused, or the acceptance quota being reached as rumored on the forum,I said to God that they will bang the door when it’s my time to enter, I prayed against errors which can come from the VO leading to common refusals, lol, I prayed against bad mood on the head of the VO handling my application. Prayer is the Key.

I wish all TRV hopefuls SUCCESS!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.