Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1026364 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sharpsharp: 9:52am On Mar 19, 2020
Glasses1:
Yes..

Congratulations!!! I tap into this in Jesus mighty name.
It shall surely end in praise!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shaddy88: 10:03am On Mar 19, 2020
Thanks for the Info. Please what of biometrics, i will be travelling down to lagos for it.Hope they will attend to me.Thanks
Glasses1:
Attention:
While I was at the Vfs office here in Lagos to pick up my passport, they mentioned that starting from today, they have been instructed to stop collecting passports for processing... so if you have gotten passport request on your application, you will not be able to submit till further notice (even the guy incharge said he cannot say how long and that people can send emails to the embassy to know when they would lift the rule).. its a pity the Corona thing has come at this time but lets take out time to plan well and build a better profile while we await further decisions... May God help us all...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2020
How about you finish in Turkey first?
It is like you are putting in a fresh application from Nigeria.
Nothing new !

Mapple90:
I had 3rd class bachelor degree from Nigeria and currently studying master in Turkey but due to some reasons, i wish to proceed to canada to do post graduate diploma or post graduate certificate, is this a good move? I have attempted to secure admission to continue my masters but was refused by universities. What is my chances of securing a study permit for college postgraduate diploma or certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=vibrant99 post=87574316]How about you finish in Turkey first?
It is like you are putting in a fresh application from Nigeria.
Nothing new !

I will be applying from Turkey online, although my sponsor want me to use agent he nominated in Canada because of how complex my application may be. I have a sponsor who is willing to help me in any way, so don't want to miss the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 10:58am On Mar 19, 2020
Did not hear anything about that and I saw alot of people waiting to get their Bio done so I am guessing its still going on... the only thing I do not know for sure is if they are only attending to those who have booked appointment before now or new ones too are allowed.. i think there is always a number to call on the site where you booked the appointment. You can reach out before embarking on your journey.
Cheers!

Shaddy88:
Thanks for the Info. Please what of biometrics, i will be travelling down to lagos for it.Hope they will attend to me.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SetZ(m): 11:11am On Mar 19, 2020
Shaddy88:

Why not contact them if possible chat with them
https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/8080/livechat5.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Priest69(m): 11:23am On Mar 19, 2020
Glasses1:
Yes..

Congratulations chief..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shaddy88: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2020
Thanks so much. I will give them a call. Please kindly direct me on how to get to Lekki phase 1 from Berger .Thanks.
Glasses1:
Did not hear anything about that and I saw alot of people waiting to get their Bio done so I am guessing its still going on... the only thing I do not know for sure is if they are only attending to those who have booked appointment before now or new ones too are allowed.. i think there is always a number to call on the site where you booked the appointment. You can reach out before embarking on your journey.
Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SetZ(m): 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
Shaddy88:
Thanks so much. I will give them a call. Please kindly direct me on how to get to Lekki phase 1 from Berger .Thanks.

Get brt to cms or leventis or even obanlende there are busses to lekki from there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Good Morning. Thanks for helping out the last time. I just got another admission for LLM at the University of Western Ontario with $20.000 funding out of $30,000 tuition for the 1 year.

Compared to my first LLM admission at University of Victoria, BC with $2,000 out of $7,500 (with a hint from a friend in Uvic that I’d be given $5,000 upon resumption), and assuming Usask and Calgary aren’t coming (although I’m positive), which is better between Uvic and UWestern for TRV and living expenses purposes.

Thank you.

Western University is a very very good school. That should be your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JummyFash: 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=SetZ post=87577850]

If you are going very early, take bus going to Ajah. Drop at lekki ikate.. another option is if there’s no bus going to Ajah, bore Obalende then from there take Ajah bus and drop at Lekki Ikate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
With My little experience , nothing is a "Good" whatever in Visa application for CANADA, Your situation determines alot though not limited but necessarily the end of the road.

Just be positive.

[quote author=Mapple90 post=87574671][/quote]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
Good Evening House,
Please I have an important question for those who applied online.
You know the forms are slightly different. How do you submit the other forms you downloaded Specifically for Nigeria especially the Study permit instruction (19 pages)
Then Check list
PCC
NYSC
Transcript
Degree certificate and others.

Because online doesn’t give provision to submit a lot of things.

Kindly advice
God bless you.

Which is better paper or online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2020
"Public Safety Minister Bill Blair officially announced that Canada would be keeping its borders open for foreign workers and international students. This will apply to any foreign worker who currently has a visa. It is expected that all workers and students entering the country will respect the rule to self-isolate for 14 days."

To all the newly approved applicants you have nothing to worry about regarding travelling to canada. although things are really tight down here. people are getting laid off at work and various public places are already closing down so for those anticipating employment you will have to hold off for a while.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segzyndpep(m): 12:31am On Mar 20, 2020
Shaddy88:

Yes they will attend to you.I did my biometrics on wednesday 18th(yesterday).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 5:22am On Mar 20, 2020
Congratulations!!!!

Glasses1:
Long post alert!!

Alhamdulilah Robil Al-Amin....

Thanks!

Pray for the world! Cheers...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sirromey(m): 6:09am On Mar 20, 2020
What about those who have already submitted application for may, did they give any hint about them?
Glasses1:
Attention:
While I was at the Vfs office here in Lagos to pick up my passport, they mentioned that starting from today, they have been instructed to stop collecting passports for processing... so if you have gotten passport request on your application, you will not be able to submit till further notice (even the guy incharge said he cannot say how long and that people can send emails to the embassy to know when they would lift the rule).. its a pity the Corona thing has come at this time but lets take out time to plan well and build a better profile while we await further decisions... May God help us all...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sirromey(m): 6:22am On Mar 20, 2020
Good day everyone, did Canadian embassy issue any guideline on issuing visa's to students applying who are to resume may.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 9:18am On Mar 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

If you seek my opinion, I would suggest you go for the school with the highest proportion of funding which is University of Western Ontario with $20.000.

Thanks again. Please will the advice to use Western for my visa application be thesame considering that the remaining $10,000 (after deducting funding of $20,000) for Western is still higher than Uvic’s tuition ($7,500) for 1 year without any funding?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2020
Glasses1:
Attention:
Please did you do paper or online application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 11:03am On Mar 20, 2020
mikeerrr:
Leave the country & settle down first, before sending anyone your SOP format because most Nigerians like to copy & paste.

Someone here in my uni is facing the disciplinary committee for copying another person’s dissertation. He’s plagiarism is 87% & I’m not joking. His reason is that he working plenty shifts to pay tuition & didn’t have time to research.

When they ban part time work now people will start lamenting but they still come here & misuse it.

Learn how to research guys & think strategically.

If you cannot draft SOP now, how you wanna write your assignments when you get there?
So true my brother. I am doing an online certificate course as a bridging course which allowed me to apply for my masters because the masters was a totally unrelated field to my undergraduate. I have nearly died with reading and written assignment. I am even seriously wondering how hectic the masters when ordinary certificate is like this. Schooling in Canada no be moimoi

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 11:17am On Mar 20, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Good Morning. Thanks for helping out the last time. I just got another admission for LLM at the University of Western Ontario with $20.000 funding out of $30,000 tuition for the 1 year.

Compared to my first LLM admission at University of Victoria, BC with $2,000 out of $7,500 (with a hint from a friend in Uvic that I’d be given $5,000 upon resumption), and assuming Usask and Calgary aren’t coming (although I’m positive), which is better between Uvic and UWestern for TRV and living expenses purposes.

Thank you.
I don’t know whether I am accurate or not o, but I would want to check the Ontario PNP status. The last time I checked, Ontario was not issuing nominations for Skilled workers or PGWP holders. If that is the case then Ontario is not really the best right now.
For me I would jump on an admission from UVic. BC PNP is one of the easiest right now. The whether is one of the best. However Victoria is also a very expensive city with one of the highest costs of living in Canada. So it’s a matter of weighing the factors.
Pros for Ontario: more jobs.
Cons: chances of provincial nomination after graduation low
Pros for Victoria: great weather (really mild winters). Provincial nomination more likely
Cons: very expensive. Fewer jobs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luckymama: 11:20am On Mar 20, 2020
Kinzeerichy:

Thank you.

By the way please do you have any contact for law school transcript? The thing is really something else.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2020
Luckymama:

By the way please do you have any contact for law school transcript? The thing is really something else.

I do not have any contact for law school transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 11:50am On Mar 20, 2020
Luckymama:

I don’t know whether I am accurate or not o, but I would want to check the Ontario PNP status. The last time I checked, Ontario was not issuing nominations for Skilled workers or PGWP holders. If that is the case then Ontario is not really the best right now.
For me I would jump on an admission from UVic. BC PNP is one of the easiest right now. The whether is one of the best. However Victoria is also a very expensive city with one of the highest costs of living in Canada. So it’s a matter of weighing the factors.
Pros for Ontario: more jobs.
Cons: chances of provincial nomination after graduation low
Pros for Victoria: great weather (really mild winters). Provincial nomination more likely
Cons: very expensive. Fewer jobs

Thank you very much for the view. Is PNP the only route to getting PGWP/PR after completion of masters? Please help clarify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Age doesn't matter in visa application, where age comes to play is in the admission, once the school offers you admission, and you can show them your finical strength, you can apply for visa

Hello Chukwuemeka101,

In certain circumstances, age comes to be a factor in which the VO adopts to scrutinize an application and to come to a finality of whether being a genuine student or not. However, just like study gap, age might not count if the applicant can demonstrate a straight out intention to study. The focus would be to justify the program/course with evident arguement and satisfy the VO of being genuine.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
Glasses1:
Long post alert!!

Alhamdulilah Robil Al-Amin....

Thanks!

Pray for the world! Cheers...

Hello Glasses1,

Big congratulations and I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemeka101: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Chukwuemeka101,

In certain circumstances, age comes to be a factor in which the VO adopts to scrutinize an application and to come to a finality of whether being a genuine student or not. However, just like study gap, age might not count if the applicant can demonstrate a straight out intention to study. The focus would be to justify the program/course with evident arguement and satisfy the VO of being genuine.

All the best

Sure , you just need to give a strong SOP, explaining the age gap and how your previous academic qualification relates with the given admission..

A friend was 29 last year going for undergraduate program in Accounting, after doing her ND in Banking and finance,

She got admission with her WAEC, then apply for visa with her ND,
She explained what she has been doing since 2015 she finished ND, she was working in a banking sector, related to her course, and she wants to further more in accounting, currently she is canada now, is all God

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
Yes... no preference for any applicant... everything is on hold as regards submitting passport... However, processing and documents review might still be going on.. I can only say for 'submission' of passport..

Sirromey:
What about those who have already submitted application for may, did they give any hint about them?
Thanks senior citizen...

JustMellow:

Hello Glasses1,

Big congratulations and I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Online...

Iphiegrace:

Please did you do paper or online application ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.