Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1026137 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
vibrant99:
@NwanyiOkpa is now a GURU, Congrats my Dear...

Na small small dem dey commot bird from pocket!

See you In CANNY, where you will continue your GUGURU GURU-ism

Much LOVE Mehn!

smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Skymoore1004: 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
Do you sell okpa or are you into the business?
NwanyiOkpa:

smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

I will respond to your pm but I don't have a sample of the table. Cheers.

Oh really! I thought it’s how you did yours or have seen it or done it for someone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Francejaik,

Don't get confused, the $1,000 CAD non-refundable would be added to any amount paid for your tuition fees. So, if you got the funds, go ahead and pay in full. However, make sure you are aware of their refund policy before committing such huge sum.

All the best

Thank you @Justmellow.

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Do you sell okpa or are you into the business?

I used to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Skymoore1004: 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
Oh okay
NwanyiOkpa:

I used to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by phlora09: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
Good evening, when did you apply and when was your admission decision made?

NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

I have a few questions i would like to ask. I just got admitted into MASc in oil and gas engineering (course based). I hold a first degree from Nigeria, Mechanical Engineering.

How is the oil and gas industry in canada? can i practice as an engineer after my masters program? Thanks as i anticipate your response.

PS: i was admitted to Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
phlora09:
Good evening, when did you apply and when was your admission decision made?

hello, I applied february ending and was admitted march
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 9:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Governorudeh,

It won't cause any harm or red flag to your application, same as not paying. But if a payment won't be made, then the application should demonstrate the financial strength of the appliacant.

All the best

Thank you Sir @Justmellow.

I forgot to add that the school says that the deadline for the deposit is 24th June.

Should I still ignore it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by phlora09: 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hello House, I'm still waiting for the response.

phlora09:
Good morning,

I'm new here. I applied for graduate studies at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Process engineering(thesis route) for fall 2020/2021 session. I submitted my application November 2019. I was told the decision made will be released by march ending/early April. I don't know what is delaying. Also I haven't gotten a supervisor. I have written to a lot of them and no responses from them. Can anyone guide me in writing or a better approach to this.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
governorudeh:

I forgot to add that the school says that the deadline for the deposit is 24th June.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
mantleouchtele:
Dear Son of God,

Please do not assume or insinuate what you do not have information on. I have been ill and didn’t want to summarize the details. Please let’s always respect each other regardless and present issues or queries in a respectful manner

This is my second application

Jan 08 submitted online
Feb 06 Medical request
Feb 15 medical passed
March 02 BVL
March 19 PPR

Please note this application was for a Second Masters

Documents submitted
1. Landed properties
2. My dad was my sponsor-200m Treasury bill
3. My own account - 14m
4. Dad’s landed property documents
5. Dads letter of sponsorship
5. Spouse letter of support
6. Marriage certificate
7. Affidavit of return
8.Children’s birth certificate /data page
9A very strong worded SOP/LOE.
10. Email correspondence with other universities in other countries to show Canada is not a do or die affair
11.Training certificates
12. Letter of reference from my profession’s association
13. MBA certificate
14. Payslips
15. Pension statement
16.Travel history Uk (15 times), Dubai, Turkey, Gambia
I also have a valid US Visa

Hello,
Please, what changes did you make to your application that made it successful compared to the first application that got refused?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:41pm On Apr 07, 2020
phlora09:
Good morning,

I'm new here. I applied for graduate studies at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Process engineering(thesis route) for fall 2020/2021 session. I submitted my application November 2019. I was told the decision made will be released by march ending/early April. I don't know what is delaying. Also I haven't gotten a supervisor. I have written to a lot of them and no responses from them. Can anyone guide me in writing or a better approach to this.

Thank you

Let me be honest.

If you have not gotten any supervisor then I guess they are either trying to help you find one or they are typing your regret mail. It is best to source for supervisors by yourself but if you can't, it is a good option to switch to a course-based masters. You will get admitted within two weeks.

I am talking from personal experience.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
Glasses1:
Long post alert!!

Long post alert!!

Alhamdulilah Robil Al-Amin....

Its been a very long but fruitful journey for me...

4th January 2019, I got my refusal email on my visa application to Australia (Funny reason: Co was not satisfied that I would be able to pay subsequent fees after submitting statement of about 16 million naira (they just needed about 12 million)... Well.. long story... Moving on!!
I was going to try again but alot of people wanted me to choose Canada including parents cos they say Aussie is too far... after much hesitation, and fear cos I heard Canada study visa is very difficult especially if you have been rejected once from there or another country...I was too scared to risk my money...but as God would have it, Australia cancelled my admission because of the visa refusal and said I have to wait for another 6 months or so before I can re-apply again. I lost about 500k in my refund due to conversion rate..(mi o le cry).... There and then I said let me try Canada..

The Journey!
I applied to just 2 schools (Seneca college & one other one I cannot even remember) Seneca collected application fee, the other was free (still cant remember their name so dont ask me,lol.)... Seneca gave me admission in less than 2weeks, so I didnt care about the other school.. the deposit for Seneca was about 8k CAD (chicken change compared to Australia of 13,000 AUD *About 4mill naira) so I jumped on the offer and paid...

Now the gist... The 16 million I used when applying to Australia was no longer available (many happenings back at home took away alot of money so we were basically broke...lol), I resigned from my job about 2 weeks after I put in my application cos I got a better job, guess what? I lost the job after another 3 weeks (long story) so after submitting my application with job, I was worried that if they do background check with the company, they would say nobody with my name existed (mo teh)...lol... so basically I was applying without plenty money nor a job..Two red flags with CA..Toor

I submitted statement of account of my parents (Mom = 1.5mill naira + 3million Fixed deposit, Dad = 15,000 USD), I did not submit any of my account statement (cos na change full there)....did not want to implicate myself by myself..lol...., Submitted my SOP and letter of sponsorship (from my mother, written by me), submitted my company CAC document (note: I just registered last year and the company is for the future,hence I have never done anything with the company), submitted mom's CAC document to show she own her business, submitted dad's land document (worth 700k naira..lmao), and all other necessary serenren like passport of dad,mom, myself (note: I have never left Nigeria before *Virgin*)..

What I think worked for me:
With all the above, I would gladly say God first, then a convincing SOP!!!!!! SOP!!!! SOP!!!!! I cannot over emphasize this... I think I explained everything in detail such that the VO would not have any doubts or questions about all my documents..I wrote it like a story, connecting all points together (I even invited the VO for an end of year party in my village when talking about home ties) I did not have any home tie cos no property or job or anything..no wife no children... but I was able to tie my village people (lol) and the plans I have for them to my sop (dont ask me what, unless you are sending me 350k like I saw someone paid an agent here..lmao)....So I think I talked about everything in my SOP including my refusal and why they refused me even tho I know they can see, i still reported myself even blaming myself for the refusal and mentioned how I have now addressed it in this application (all na format, cos even the money no dey like that time)... So I'll repeat this, once your SOP is convincing enough, every other thing can be overlooked (to some extent oo..you still have to be reasonable with every other requirement, but if your SOP is vague, nobody cares about your millions or landed properties). I think once you write your SOP, read it out to yourself ans ask yourself if na me be VO, shey I laugh or dey excited about wetin I just read? Your answer should tell you what next to do..

Next thing is your letter of sponsor... I 'think' they like it when the person sponsoring you is directly linked to you (parents mostly)..next to boya brother or sister (with good reason) then others (which can only pass IF your explanation is the most reasonable on earth)..so if you have your parents alive, even if they do not have the money, send the funds to them from whoever is supposed to be your sponsor and write a great sponsorship letter... In my own, I made just my mom the sponsor and dad as backup reaosn was cos mumsy get moeny pass popsy at that moment and if I use popsy that means I'll be submitting his own statement of account (mistake I did with Australia)..so I only had to submit mumsy's statement and just 1 of popsy with the largest funds just as backup... so if yours is just one parent, use it well... In my sponsorship letter, I explained (as my mother) that I am sponsoring my son instead of his father cos we have planned it that way since we born am (that would make the vo see sense in why na she dey sponsor)...so basically explain the reason for everything, dont let them guess on your behalf cos u do not know to which direction they would guess and you wouldnt be there to say rara o, no be so...

Finally, I believe in the saying that 'you are the only one that can help you'.. I used agent when I applied to Australia and I still believe till date that some of the things she asked me to remove from my SOP was why I did not get the VISA (Gods plan tho)..so this one I said I was going to do it myself also considering the fact that all the guys I have there did it themselves too...That way, I was able to be unique with my application and read through over and over before submitting ensuring no mistakes (cos no sorry after submission o).... So if you are educated enough, I believe you can do this yourself, use google, use nairaland, use youtube, use your head..and you would be fine (sorry if I am spoiling business for agents here, but ee gbadun toyen)..

I think I have been able to inspire people here cos I always look forward to someone explaining like this when I was doing my application but no one..so I am going to be an exception and lift you guys spirit... It is not all rossy but believe!!

If you have any questions, I would try my best to attend to them..its hard using phone to do that..I had to use my computer to type this epistle..but i'll try my best..

Please NOTE: I do not help people write SOP's Oooo (well I might change my mind if I see 350k..lol).. I dont think I ever have that time with my new job..neither can I review (for now) but if you have question(s), feel free to paste it here (not private cos I would not see it nor will I drop my personal email 'ke ma lo fi message pa mi')... I'll be coming here often to render any help I can cos thats the right thing to do.

To all those awaiting visa grant, may the Almighty God that favored me amongst many favor you too... with the whole Corona self, I thought it was going to be hard but to God be the glory...

TimeLine:
Application Submitted: November 21
Biometrics: Nov 22
Medical Request: January 24
Medical Done: Feb 12
Medicals Passed: Feb 16
Correspondence Letter: March 2
Original Passport Request: March 2
Approval Email: March 16
Passport Collected: March 17

Institution: Seneca College
Resumption: September 2020
Duration: 1 year
Program: Information Systems (Grad Cert)
Age: 29yrs and my parents are still my sponsor, so do not let anyone deceive you with age

What Next: Gurus in the house that have moved to CA, I need advise on what and what I need to come with, how to prepare myself and advice on flight and bookings for people that just left this year...

Who else is leaving before September!! (female most preferred as I no be gay..lol).. Toronto your boy is kamiiiinnn!!

PS: if you want to reply this post, after clicking on 'quote', pls cut out a larger part of my message before submitting your response to avoid taking up plenty space just to say congrats...
Thanks!

Pray for the world! Cheers...

congratulations.

What can one do if his sponsor does not have a passport?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 2:57am On Apr 08, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

congratulations.

What can one do if his sponsor does not have a passport?

Drivers license or national ID

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OnyinyeDebabe: 4:36am On Apr 08, 2020
Thank you so much for your detailed response. I have done my home work.
Please, apart from my educational credentials and resume, are there other documents required to enhance my chances for an admission?

Anyone knowledgeable in this field can assist me please. Let’s reduce the pressure on Frank.

Frankrobbn1:

Welcome to the thread, I hope you will find your stay here very educating and rewarding as we work towards achieving success.

Having carefully analyzed your profile, there is no logical progression between your previous studies, your current employment and your choice of program. Hence why the visa officer boldly highlighted purpose of visit and current employment situation as a reason for a refusal. In order to prove that you're a bonafide student, you should be applying for a program that is reasonable in light with your current job as a Customer Service Supervisor. I would suggest you look into Management programs, HR programs or any other Art specialized programs, because that's the best possible way to demonstrate that your intentions are solely to study in Canada.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 5:51am On Apr 08, 2020
TheBeat:

Please I have a peculiar case. I intend to sponsor myself and raise up to 10m in my account but I do not have that amount in my account at the moment. The cash will come from my sisters and brother because they took it from me to run their businesses as I had no immediate need for the money. Most of the cash was sent to my sister's account when mine was dormant so that it could be accessed easily and most importantly if anything bad happens to me (God forbid) because I am not resident in the country and I am single. I have landed properties and earn over 10m per annum for more than 5 years. I intend to provide bank statement from where I reside, pay slip, offer letter, confirmation of appointment and introduction letter from my company. Will this raise dust and will these documents be convincing? Kindly advise me.

Well from what you have stated, you earn over 10m per annum and since you will be applying from where you reside my advise will be,use your salary account I think it has a good activity making up to that amount a year is not that bad you will have to tell your siblings to pay in the MOney they owe you to that account to make it stronger..
All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 6:04am On Apr 08, 2020
Adurami040517:
Please gurus in the house I will like to confirm if i will have to reapply for the
bsc transcript I want to submit with my study permit application that would be addressed to the canadian embassy from the school or i can just scan the transcript I have with me.
Thank you

All you need is called unofficial transcript that needs to be certified by a law court or notary public officer, you will have them certify photocopies of your original documents(transcripts,certificates,waec,academic documents) and scan along with your visa app documents to the embassy using the online route or papper route but because of the pandemic the online route is your best bet now.
It is only your school will send your original transcripts to the school there in Canada that gave you admission and not to the embassy.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2020
Austacus:

Drivers license or national ID

Thank you. I have something troubling me. Would it be nice using my brother as main sponsor and my dad as co-sponsor? can I have two co-sponsors (dad and sis). There is more money in my brother's account compared to my dad's account.

I have decided to register the business name as you suggested so that I can utilize my 6M statement of account for the process but alternatively, can I just send the 6M to my dad and use him as main sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ekpblues8: 9:04am On Apr 08, 2020
@NwanyiOkpa: youre lucky ooo, The couse is a lucrative course and the university is the best place for you to study the course. are you aware Newfoundland is rich in oil reserves offshore? just go ahead and give it your best shot!!. You will definitely get a lucrative job offer when you thru with your programme.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:16am On Apr 08, 2020
ekpblues8:
@NwanyiOkpa: youre lucky ooo, The couse is a lucrative course and the university is the best place for you to study the course. are you aware Newfoundland is rich in oil reserves offshore? just go ahead and give it your best shot!!. You will definitely get a lucrative job offer when you thru with your programme.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sharpsharp: 10:27am On Apr 08, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

I will respond to your pm but I don't have a sample of the table. Cheers.

The best way to tackle the statements below when reapplying is to get good statement, pay school fees , do medical and explain better in the SOP right?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shanid(m): 11:10am On Apr 08, 2020
Strongwind1960:

All you need is called unofficial transcript that needs to be certified by a law court or notary public officer, you will have them certify photocopies of your original documents(transcripts,certificates,waec,academic documents) and scan along with your visa app documents to the embassy using the online route or papper route but because of the pandemic the online route is your best bet now.
It is only your school will send your original transcripts to the school there in Canada that gave you admission and not to the embassy.

All the best.
Is it unofficial from my school or WES sir ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shanid(m): 11:12am On Apr 08, 2020
IS A NORM OR REQUIREMENT TO MAKE A CERTAIN PAYMENT BEFORE VISA APPLICATION IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Insanity(m): 11:23am On Apr 08, 2020
DeevaB:
How long does it take to get an admission offer from University of Windsor? Submitted my application Nov 18, 2019. Status changed to In Process Jan 13, 2020. Still In Process till date.

You need to contact the school for information. Which program did you apply to? I applied the same day as you, Nov 18, 2019. Status changed to in process in Feb 2020, received my offer letter March 12 2020. Contact graduate school or department for further info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:51am On Apr 08, 2020
vibrant99:
Non-refundable CAD 2000?!

This kind of advice is very scary.

Hello Vibrant99,

The moniker is going to MUN and the non-refundable $2000 CAD in MUN is always refunded on the grounds of a refusal. This fact is open for verification.

One love!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:58am On Apr 08, 2020
governorudeh:

Hello Governorudeh,

Don't ignore it except you have a backup option and don't forget to be acquainted with their refund policy.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
OnyinyeDebabe:
Thank you so much for your detailed response. I have done my home work.
Please, apart from my educational credentials and resume, are there other documents required to enhance my chances for an admission?

Anyone knowledgeable in this field can assist me please. Let’s reduce the pressure on Frank.

Hello OnyinyeDebabe,

The following can also be of significant importance but not a compulsory requirement in most fields.

1. Taking professional exams
2. Taking IELTS, GMAT etc
3. Publications, Articles, Journals, Columns etc
4. Academic or Leadership Awards, Special Recognition etc
5. Securing Potential Supervisor (if applicable)

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2020
I have another question. Please pardon me. Regarding sponsoring my education, which of these below would give me a better chance?

1. Moving money from my account (6M) and from my brother's account (8M) to my dad's account and using my dad as the main sponsor. My dad's flow for the past 4 months period should be up to 30M (debit and credit). My dad has a business and two houses and also land. While using my dad as a main sponsor, my sibling in the USA would act as the co-sponsor.

2. Using my brother as main sponsor with account statement of about 10M, has a business with yearly cash flow traffic of up to 100M but has no landed property. Using my bro as main sponsor, I intend using my dad as co-sponsor. Then I intend registering a business and stating my personal account balance of 6M.

Which one would give me a better chance in securing the visa?

Frankrobbn1 JustMellow Austacus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
Shanid:
IS A NORM OR REQUIREMENT TO MAKE A CERTAIN PAYMENT BEFORE VISA APPLICATION IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES ??

Hello Shanid,

It depends on the school. Some do ask and some don't and you can also pay at-will if the funds is available. Any option you fall under, help yourself by knowing the refund policy of the DLI.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
Shanid:
Is it unofficial from my school or WES sir ??

If I get you correctly, its considered as official when it comes directly from your school or WES and unofficial when it comes directly from you, when the envelop seal is broken or as a notarized copy.

N.B: you can use the unofficial copy for your visa application.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
[quote author=Shanid post=88217652]Is it unofficial from my school or WES sir ??[/quotel]
Wes has nothing to do with your transcripts both unofficial and official is from your school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.