Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1021910 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cflow10: 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

What course? Is it masters?
Yes masters, Oil and Gas Engineering
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cflow10: 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
Cflow10:
Good afternoon house,
Please I have an admission for the fall semester in memorial university of Newfoundland. I would appreciate if I could be given a break down of the visa application process. Whether it’s better to apply online or through the paper route? How much is expected to have in your account? Tips on writing the sop/loe? I would really appreciate any information I can get.
Thank you house.

Please can I get a reply of this from anyone?
Just a rundown basically
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JummyFash: 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hello fam, believing everyone is fine. Pls anyone currently studying @conestoga?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chimzy4real: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Cool

Cflow10:

Oil and Gas Engineering
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SilaV: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
SilaV:
Good day everyone, please I have a quick question as regard Proof of Fund. I got approved by Mpower Finance for a student loan into one of its participating universities in Canada. How does this impact on approval for Study Permit? Actually, I was admitted into a thesis program, and the department has asked me to apply for the departmental funding ( Graduate Assistantship) in late July/early August, but I think waiting till around that time before applying for study permit may be a bit late. So, what advice does gurus in the house have for me in this regard? Should I go ahead and use Mpower Finance student loan or I should wait till August, get a GA ( covers for tuition + stipend of about 5400 per Term) before applying? Does anyone know individuals who used the likes of Mpower Finance, Prodigy Fianance, or any other student loan banks for international students and got approved?

Anyone on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
Online or paper route is the same really. It just about the one that’s more convenient for you.

You’re expected to show tuition balance if you have already paid a deposit and approx $11k for living expenses & flight.

You can outsource the SOP to avoid writing unnecessary stories that touch but have to start with a brief personal profile , why you’re choosing Canada , why you’re choosing to study that course, employment prospects etc.

Goodluck
Cflow10:
Good afternoon house,
Please I have an admission for the fall semester in memorial university of Newfoundland. I would appreciate if I could be given a break down of the visa application process. Whether it’s better to apply online or through the paper route? How much is expected to have in your account? Tips on writing the sop/loe? I would really appreciate any information I can get.
Thank you house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
Cflow10:

Yes masters, Oil and Gas Engineering

Year 1 program fee is about 21K while year 2 is 4K

You need 10,000CAD for living expenses pee year as required my canadian immigration law.

You can draft out your SOP or LOE based on your personal profile, educational history, job prospects, work experience, etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Onweke: 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please what's the required IMM forms for study visa?
I know about this ones
IMM 5707
IMM 1294
IMM 5873

Any other IMM forms ?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by isabeatrice(f): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
Happy Easter to you all. I kindly need to know if there is anyone, attending Fanshawe college or planning to attend the college. I got admission for fall 2020 and need to talk to someone in line with the school I intend to attend. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gentlemate00: 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Use google chrome browser or update your Firefox to latest one.

governorudeh:
Hello @Luckymama and other gurus that filled the online application.

Please I want to upload the form via online application. It still doesn't allow me to fill on my details.

It is just very stiff.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP, HOW DID YOU GUYS DO IT

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
I graduated from Conestoga and working in same city.

JummyFash:
Hello fam, believing everyone is fine. Pls anyone currently studying @conestoga?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2020
pepper247:
Good day house ,
Pls help a sister I’m a prospective graduate student bsc economics with a cgpa 3.39 my question is will I get admission to a Canada university if yes pls i need ur help thanks
Your CGPA qualifies you for a lot of programs. These includes; Post graduate diploma, graduate certificate, advanced diploma and post baccalaureate diploma programs. When you get an admission to a DLI institution you can get between 1-2yrs work permit after the completion of your program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
gentlemate00:

Thank you bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

The system prompt says, you should activate JavaScript.
If you don't know how to get their, goto search in your computer, type JavaScript, if you have to update, install, or activate.
Do it

Thank you Sir,

I had to leave the café A.S.A.P.

I did it in a café with good and updated JavaScript.

Thanks, once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
With this Nigeria's lockdown extension, how would one be able to do biometrics and medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
With this Nigeria's lockdown extension, how would one be able to do biometrics and medicals?

Probably @POE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

That was why it was extended to 90 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
Luckymama:

Even with the adobe acrobat it may not open automatically. What I had to do was download the form first to my computer - that screen page that says if the form does not open automatically that means your computer application is not good enough or something like that- download it and save into a folder. Then go to that folder and click open with acrobat

Thank you @Luckymama. Your advice really worked. You can't believe how you helped me to do.

You know this is my first time of applying this and I'm kinda meticulous not to make a blunder.

I'm done with the form.

But before making the final submission, to ask this questions :

-How to get UCI?

-Do I have to upload the Immm294 in it's PDF form or should I print and then scan it?

-Does barcodes what is it all about?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blema111:

Okay. Not bad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jacktours: 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good day guys,please can any one recommend a canadian university that offere msc in estate managent or any related course?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mzruffy: 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
@Blema111 pls reply this, so you mean we can still go with the old Appointment date after the lockdown with in 90 days , because mine is 15th of April now another lockdown. Thanks in anadvance.
Blema111:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nyenyenwq(m): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2020
You can Google it. I did my school search first by finding the names of universities in canada, I found out the affordable schools too and separated them (yes I was meticulous enough cos I was targeting full funding and scholarships, I got an 80 leaves for my school and supervisor search). When I got the schools listed out, I started the course /school search proper by making use of this for e.g University of Manitoba/estate management /Master of Science. Even if they offer the course but has a different name for it, it will be shown. I did this school/supervisor search for close to 6 months and finally it paid off. I got a full funded admission plus scholarship that covers all my expenses and tuition fee
Good day guys,please can any one recommend a canadian university that offere msc in estate managent or any related course?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by flowergirl33: 2:43am On Apr 14, 2020
gentlemate00:

Hello bosses, also @Luckymama

Please when trying to upload the IMM forms, did you try to preview it? Because it seems if one cannot preview them during upload and then submit like that, it may not be viewable by the Consular too. Pls what do you think abeg?

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.